Romney:"I like firing people!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney:"I like firing people!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney:"I like firing people!"  (Read 3994 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
« edited: January 09, 2012, 07:03:46 PM by Politico »

Romney response ad: "The only person I will ever like firing is Barack Obama."

Why will it be successful? Because 50-60% of the country wants to fire Barack Obama.

Another good Super PAC ad: The 2008 Barack Obama "Hope" painting with "Hope?" below it that eventually morphs into "Nope." Just have a narrator who simply asks "Hope?" and then says, "Nope." I guarantee it will be brutally effective, especially considering the scorched earth campaign Team Obama is apparently intent on running.

That doesn't really make any sense

Let me rephrase it: "The only person I will like seeing fired will be Barack Obama on Election Day."

I know the prospect of the messiah losing re-election is a bit much to handle, so just try to adjust yourself to the idea over the next few months. You have time to get used to it.

coming from a guy whose candidate doesnt even agree with himself.

are you paid by romney to be on here? or do you have medical/social problems?

Are you paid by your pimp to be on here? Get back to work before he fires you.

answer : you have social problems. time to turn your computer off. your addicted to being on here and its affecting your life.

I am enjoying leisure time on here while listening to music. Were I at home, and not abroad, I would likely be doing something more sociable by now (as addicting as this site can be).
BlondewithaBrain
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »

Why will it be successful? Because 50-60% of the country wants to fire Barack Obama.

Another good Super PAC ad: The 2008 Barack Obama "Hope" painting with "Hope?" below it that eventually morphs into "Nope." Just have a narrator who simply asks "Hope?" and then says, "Nope." I guarantee it will be brutally effective, especially considering the scorched earth campaign Team Obama is apparently intent on running.

Let me rephrase it: "The only person I will like seeing fired will be Barack Obama on Election Day."

I know the prospect of the messiah losing re-election is a bit much to handle, so just try to adjust yourself to the idea over the next few months. You have time to get used to it.

answer : you have social problems. time to turn your computer off. your addicted to being on here and its affecting your life.

I am enjoying leisure time on here while listening to music. Were I at home, and not abroad, I would likely be doing something more sociable by now (as addicting as this site can be).

turn your computer off Smiley

get laid.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »

get laid.

I would rather not get involved with the girls around here outside of joking and flirting Wink

I only play with the best, and there aren't many American girls around here.
BlondewithaBrain
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »

get laid.

I would rather not get involved with the girls around here outside of joking and flirting Wink

creep or do you just have asbergers?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »

get laid.

creep or do you just have asbergers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2012, 09:52:44 PM by Torie »

One other little matter. Mitt was talking about "firing" service providers, not employees. He was talking about having the option of switching out suck medical insurance companies. Yes, he should not have used the word "fire" in this context, which connotes firing employees, rather than service providers ("terminating" or not renewing  a contractual arrangement would be a better manipulation of the connotations attending so many words in the English language, to which one should be sensitive).

But heck, I like to "gloat" about "firing" all the arrogant docs who waste my time, and make me wait too long, never look at my file, and make me go to their office to renew my blood pressure pills, and so forth, even though they are not my "employees."   Docs don't intimidate this particular lawyer, and I consider them service providers, just like my gardener and pool man. So I shopped around, until I find docs who play by my rules, not theirs.

In any event, be it a service provider, or employee, if they suck, you get them out of your life - if you can. Does anyone really disagree with that, or is the campaign season, and the partisan juices, just swamping our synapses these days?  Just asking. Smiley
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2012, 11:04:27 PM by bryan »

The problem with "gotcha" moments, for the candidate being "got", is that it takes 2 seconds to show that clip, and about 1 minute for Romney to talk himself out of it. That extra 58 seconds makes all the difference in the world, and even Mittbots know it. "Oh I wasn't talking about actually laying people off, I was talking about firing people who aren't doing a good jo-" sorry, my eyes have already glazed over, and I'm not in the mood for subtleties.

Romney has aired Obama clips out of context before, so I don't see why this wouldn't be fair game.

"Corporations are people too"
"I'm unemployed too, heh heh"
"10,000 dollars Rick? 10,000 dollars!"
"I like firing people"

Its really starting to add up..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies