Mourdock defeats Lugar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:26:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mourdock defeats Lugar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mourdock defeats Lugar  (Read 8708 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »

Unlike the moderate heroes polluting this thread I for one am not at all sad to see Dick Lugar go.  At the same time though, Moreduck isn't really any better.

I know Lugar was nowhere close a moderate. I acknowledge he was pretty right-wing. Yet, I always admired the man, who could stay true to his political principles and still be able to work together with his ideological opponents, when there was an agreement, without hateful hackery and drama, that now is obviously required for all GOP candidates.

Frankly, Mecha, I prefer to have a Lugar Republican over some another useless Evan Bayh representing Indiana. Not to mention another teabagger.

First off, the man was (rightfully so) thrown out of political office.  He didn't die.  Please, stop acting like this guy was Jesus hanging on a cross.

When he does have his heartattack or whatever kills him then I will come on here, mopy dopy, and sob out of my mouth about how much of a true hero this guy was and how much his record of service meant to America.  However, for now I'm just glad that yet another establishment hack (yes I am saying this, Lugar was rightfully kicked out because he had fallen out with his constituents, even if his opponent is a partisan asshack) has been curbstomped here.

Second, it's funny that you act like Evan Bayh was useless because he was a moderate Democrat yet gush and moan over the sexiness that is Richard Lugar despite the fact that he was Evan Bayh Republican Style.  Frankly, Lugar was as reliable of a Republican as Bayh was a Democrat.  But no, since Lugar was the sexy maverick Republican you have to gush over him while Bayh (who I will admit to not liking, granted) is a useless attentionwhoring Democrat in Name Only.  And, while it pains me to defend Bayh here, at least Bayh was gracious enough to quit young instead of stay in way past his prime on the taxpayer gravy train.

Sure, my words may hurt, but it's true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »

Unlike the moderate heroes polluting this thread I for one am not at all sad to see Dick Lugar go.  At the same time though, Moreduck isn't really any better.

I know Lugar was nowhere close a moderate. I acknowledge he was pretty right-wing. Yet, I always admired the man, who could stay true to his political principles and still be able to work together with his ideological opponents, when there was an agreement, without hateful hackery and drama, that now is obviously required for all GOP candidates.

Frankly, Mecha, I prefer to have a Lugar Republican over some another useless Evan Bayh representing Indiana. Not to mention another teabagger.

First off, the man was (rightfully so) thrown out of political office.  He didn't die.  Please, stop acting like this guy was Jesus hanging on a cross.

When he does have his heartattack or whatever kills him then I will come on here, mopy dopy, and sob out of my mouth about how much of a true hero this guy was and how much his record of service meant to America.  However, for now I'm just glad that yet another establishment hack (yes I am saying this, Lugar was rightfully kicked out because he had fallen out with his constituents, even if his opponent is a partisan asshack) has been curbstomped here.

Second, it's funny that you act like Evan Bayh was useless because he was a moderate Democrat yet gush and moan over the sexiness that is Richard Lugar despite the fact that he was Evan Bayh Republican Style.  Frankly, Lugar was as reliable of a Republican as Bayh was a Democrat.  But no, since Lugar was the sexy maverick Republican you have to gush over him while Bayh (who I will admit to not liking, granted) is a useless attentionwhoring Democrat in Name Only.  And, while it pains me to defend Bayh here, at least Bayh was gracious enough to quit young instead of stay in way past his prime on the taxpayer gravy train.

Sorry, dude, but I'm not going to adopt maximalist wishful thinking. Lugar was the best we could get from Indiana and change is for worse.

Of course he was simply voted out. I'm not crying all nights because of this, but I'm not happy either.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »

Sorry, dude, but I'm not going to adopt maximalist wishful thinking. Lugar was the best we could get from Indiana and change is for worse.

Of course he was simply voted out. I'm not crying all nights because of this, but I'm not happy either.

If a gun grabbing neo-con was the best we could get from Indiana I worry about it's future.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »

If a gun grabbing neo-con was the best we could get from Indiana I worry about it's future.

Well, it's Indiana after all.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »

Then why should Republicans settle for "the [worse] we could get from Indiana" when any "change is for the [better]?"
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

Calling Lugar a "neocon" makes the term basically meaningless.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2012, 01:55:42 PM by Calveit »

I think a Democratic pickup this November is unlikely, no matter what current polls are saying.

As much as I dislike Mourdock, he's not Christy O'Donnell, but a man twice elected to a statewide office. Indiana is not Delaware either.

I don't think Obama is going to carry Indiana again this fall. That'd need a huge blowout for the Republicans nationwide and while Romney is not likely to win, this is not going to be a landslide either.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »

I realize that many people are upset by the defeat of Senator Lugar. However, one must not forget the opportunity a Senator Mourdock would offer in combating the peace loving communists of Eloi.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies