FL: Quinnipiac University: Romney leads Obama by 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:58:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL: Quinnipiac University: Romney leads Obama by 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Quinnipiac University: Romney leads Obama by 3  (Read 1456 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

New Poll: Florida President by Quinnipiac University on 2012-01-08

Summary: D: 43%, R: 46%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »

Registered voters. At this stage that is what I would go with.

President Obama does well among the voters under 50, 51-39%; should the Democrats pick up new young voters (no breakdown is taken for voters under 30) he probably wins against anyone.  

Another matchup:

Obama 45%, Santorum 43%... Santorum does much worse with people with college degrees (Obama 48-43 and is even with people without them; even among white people with college degrees Santorum fares comparatively poorly among white registered voters, 44-48% as opposed to 33-52% among white people without college degrees). I suspect that people with college degrees are more likely to change the minds of people without degrees... and they are far less likely to vote favorably on right-wing concerns of sexuality. If the election were held today, President Obama would lose to Romney but win against Santorum.

Gingrich and Paul are not shown in matchups.

...Quinnipiac shows Florida close in a Romney-Obama matchup. President Obama is behind Romney, but he has been gaining, and if the Democrats have a strong GOTV drive, they win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Obama - 45%
Santorum - 43%

Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »

Why the smiley face? Florida is a must win for the GOP and your candidate is slightly behind, while the frontrunner GOP candidate is ahead slightly. Not exactly news that Florida will be competitive with any candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »

Why the smiley face? Florida is a must win for the GOP and your candidate is slightly behind, while the frontrunner GOP candidate is ahead slightly. Not exactly news that Florida will be competitive with any candidate.

My candidate is barely known even after the Iowa news. There's plenty of time to take the lead.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »

I will vote for Romney holding my nose or I will vote proudly for Santorum or Gingrich
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »

Florida is highly competitive in any election year these days. Panhandle and north Florida are solid republican, while south Florida is solid democrat. Elections are won and lost in central Florida, and here in Orlando, things are likely to shake up. The RNC in Tampa was no accident, as Hillsboro county has carried Florida for the state-wide winner in every presidential election since 1960.
Obama is not very well-liked among the people I come across, which is a bad sign given the high volatility of the region. While the governor is unpopular, he will not be on the ballot, so that will have very little if no effect here.

Prediction: Republcians take Florida by about 2.5%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies