Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:03:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]  (Read 2409 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »

Oh yeah, as Senate Dean, I second what Bacon Veep has said on this matter of civility. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »

I always assumed it was insult directed at his sexuality, because it was constantly used in IM chats by Hamilton and Libertas and I assumed they had originated it.

I can only speak for myself but I am not insulting anyone's sexuality. The term's been used around the forum plenty. If we want to be a Senate of insult finders, Yankee, then let's go back through Marokai's posts. We can hit the jackpot pretty fast.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »

I always assumed it was insult directed at his sexuality, because it was constantly used in IM chats by Hamilton and Libertas and I assumed they had originated it.

I can only speak for myself but I am not insulting anyone's sexuality. The term's been used around the forum plenty. If we want to be a Senate of insult finders, Yankee, then let's go back through Marokai's posts. We can hit the jackpot pretty fast.

I didn't say you did. I am just saying where I had assumed it had come from and why. It is very likely not indeed the case.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

You can't act like you haven't seen the disgusting things being said about bgwah, wormyguy, or me over the last couple days.

Report it to the moderators if you think he's crossed the line, or start a thread on the other Atlasia board calling him out for saying it, or something. Calling someone a troll during a Senate debate is only going to derail the entire thread, and I'd really prefer we avoided that.

Table motion is currently 4 to 3, vote ongoing
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:15 PM »

To undecided Senators: There is no chance the Pacific Region will agree to this bill. There are a lot of bills in the queue. All this bill will do is take up a slot that could be used on another bill. Oceania will remain part of the Pacific whether or not my motion to table fails. The question you need to ask yourselves is do you want to spend a bunch of time on this fruitless endeavor, or do you want to move onto another bill.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »

I'll change my vote from Nay to Aye on the motion to table. Bgwah is right, and I have bigger fish to fry with my other bills anyway.

I have already lost confidence in Mary's PPT abilities. It is clear the troll cannot take any job more seriously than he would in his other flame wars all over the forum.

I don't need to try and convince you with my words, Napoleon. I'm doing the job that I know how to do pretty well, and that's all that matters as far as you're concerned. I hold this position to a very reasonable standard. Whatever my opinion on things is has nothing to do with my responsibilities as PPT, because unlike what you've proposed over and over again, the two things are separate in my mind.

If you have a problem with the job I am doing, then point out flaws in the job I am doing. I doubt you'll get very far in being upset by my "tone."

All of that being said, I do find it ironic that you're so upset with me having an opinion in this position. You yourself have proposed, numerous times, making the position of PPT an institutionally more partisan position. If you had your way, you'd be giving the Senate que positions only to your party and making more and more decisions based on partisanship rather than what is best for Senate business. This isn't even my opinion, this is what you repeatedly argue in favor of.

I loathe the idea of making the PPT a partisan post. So if you want me out of this job, I suggest you come up with something more meaty than feigned outrage. Thanks.

If it's ever been meant as an insult, I've never actually considered it one. Bgwah was probably the person who came up with it first, but he never seemed like he meant for it to insult me. So I don't really mind it either way. If it is meant as an insult, though, they certainly need to come up with something better.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

To undecided Senators: There is no chance the Pacific Region will agree to this bill. There are a lot of bills in the queue. All this bill will do is take up a slot that could be used on another bill. Oceania will remain part of the Pacific whether or not my motion to table fails. The question you need to ask yourselves is do you want to spend a bunch of time on this fruitless endeavor, or do you want to move onto another bill.

Good point.  Change my vote to aye.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »

The motion to table has lasted for over 48 hours, and the vote is 6 - 1.

The Oceania Self Determination Act is hereby tabled.

Moving on!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies