Thoughts on VP selection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Thoughts on VP selection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on VP selection  (Read 5177 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: January 14, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2012, 12:56:51 PM by دعا ,يدعو »

Ironically, there was a time, a smoke-filled room time, when selecting a presidential nominee was far less open process than selecting a vice presidential one, which was left, on many occasion, to the delegates. Now, in order to become a nominee, one must face a nationwide primary. But there's no such transparency in selecting a running-mate: basically nominee says he want that guy and it's over.

I think establishing separate primaries for President and Vice President (as we have many separate primaries for future ticket-mates on statewide level) would be a great idea.

What do you think, guys?

I think we need Susana Martinez, Duncan Hunter is a good American, but being Congressman and a war hero is not enough. Ron Paul could (he's a vet, not a "war hero" type though) fit that persona as well.

Another Governor with less than two years of service? I don't want to compare Martinez and Palin, but it's not a good message.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »

I had a thought, and this has been brought up before, but since the Vice President is also the President of the Senate, wouldn't a Senator be better suited to be Vice President than a Governor? 

Veep's role as President of the Senate is largely irrelevant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies