Thoughts on VP selection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Thoughts on VP selection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on VP selection  (Read 5132 times)
Guderian

« on: January 14, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »

What about McDonnell?

As for Portman, I think he'd make a great runningmate but doubt he'd be willing to abandon his Senate seat so quickly.  Besides, I think the GOP would benefit more by keeping Portman in that seat than as VP.

LOL, reason why people run for Senate in the first place is that they daydream about being President or VP, so I really doubt Portman (or anyone else, for that matter) would really turn it down if offered.

Why do we never hear about Richard Burr in veepstakes, he seems to compliment Romney well: Senator, Southerner, Protestant (evangelical?), from a swing state, reliable voting record.
Guderian

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 02:38:33 PM by Guderian »

Being VP is one heartbeat away from being President and it also assures you can have a presidential nomination for yourself later on if you want it (Dan Quayle being an obvious exception, of course). Rubio is full of crap, just like Obama was when he was talking about 2008 possibilities in 05 and 06. Oh, and did that hurt Barry's reputation, starting a presidential campaign after two years in the Senate?
Guderian

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »

Petraeus? That would be something, member of the administration running against that administration. Maybe Leon Panetta is available if Petraeus is not?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies