Thoughts on VP selection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Thoughts on VP selection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on VP selection  (Read 5155 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

I admire John McCain more then any other American politician nowadays but I knew he was done for when he chose Sarah Palin... there is one rule I have heard about VP selections and that is "do no harm" The best way to do harm is to select a candidate who people do not feel comfortable doing the one job the VP has- taking over if the President dies or resigns

I keep hearing- Rubio, Martinez, Rand Paul, McDonnell, etc- NONE are experienced enough!  Romney is stressing competence and management...why select some one who undermines that message? Someone like Duncan Hunter...conservative, tough, experienced would be ideal and no one would worry if he was ready for the Presidency

I believe he needs someone with foreign policy credentials since he has ZERO...maybe even John Bolton. But all this talk about a VP candidate who is 1 year into their term is ridiculous and will cost the GOP a victory in November
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies