Sanity Act [Rejected] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sanity Act [Rejected] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanity Act [Rejected]  (Read 5345 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:15 AM »

Here's my perspective, if anyone's interested:

This bill in is current form, should not be passed.  It would just place too much back on the GM.

However, I don't feel like the current system is working either.   The duties of the three GM positions are not clearly defined, and two of these positions are also cabinet positions, which I still find confusing about how I am supposed to be relating  their roles to mine.  There's so much overlap in roles between Gm-SoIA and GM-SoEA, and at the same time so much opportunity to expect someone else to be the one to do something.  I have to admit the idea of game events and policy being made by the same person is something I've still not gotten used to.

One idea I have is to just make two GM-type non-cabinet posts.  One would be in charge of budget estimates and forecasts, economic news, analysis, trends, etc.  The other would focus on developing storylines.  There'd be overlap and collaboration, but I think the different emphasis would actually make the GM positions work better together.

You might like that idea or you might not.  In any case, I think this is a good opportunity to consider how to improve game moderation. So maybe don't table it just yet.  Just my 2 c.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »

So basically, the Game Manager is some sort of Chief of Staff position for Cabinet holders who don't have enough to do. That's really not what I thought I was getting into. That's not the description in the Constitution  (which I don't see how the GM Reform Act squares with anyway.)  

How am I supposed to veto something that's already been published as a story?  "No, sorry everyone, that didn't really happen that way"?   I wouldn't find that very useful thing for me to do.

I don't see any legal right for me to treat the SoIA and SoEA as assistants, as the actual act as modified by amendment refers instead to "co-jurisdiction."  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies