Sanity Act [Rejected] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sanity Act [Rejected] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanity Act [Rejected]  (Read 5334 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 17, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

I spoke with constituents about what I saw as an ignorance of the duties of the SoIA position outside of your own legislation during the hearing. Sadly, your post and activity in office seem to confirm that suspicion.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

Nay
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »

What is absurd?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »

Explain.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

This is classic Marokai.

I was absent from this thread because I didn't want to "debate" you. You didn't debate this bill. You didn't approach this attempt at game reform with a "how can this process be improved?",  you approached it with "attack Napoleon viciously (for some reason you still expected me to deem a response to that worthy of my time), proceeding to use your PPT powers as a way of taunting Napoleon" approach instead.

This bill wasn't written as a final version. I introduced it on a whim for three reasons:

1. The Soea went a whole month without doing anything, including this act's duties. Nobody seemed to care.
2. I got the impression from Tmthforu's confirmation that he either didn't know about or didn't care about the duties outside of his own legislation. He continues to assert that the office is entirely irrelevant without this act while ignoring most of his official duties.
3. Right before I introduced this bill, which should have been a collaborative process, GM shua mentioned he was confused regarding how this works and it seemed to be resulting in less progress. At that point, I knew we needed to discuss reform in this subject. We needed to have a conversation, one that didn't involve the SoIA trying to disrupt the debate by waving the partisan flag.

Unfortunately, Marokai's tone, combative right off the bat, coupled with my own lack of time to come up with a comprehensive solution by myself, I decided to ignore that "debate" that nothing good could have came of.

At least we heard the GM's perspective. Maybe people listened.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »

March 2nd...that day will be an early Birthday present for me.

Special thanks to the Senate for rejecting this partisan, anti-Tmth/Ben POS.

See, even despite what the GM says, he ignores the need for change and makes it personal. Im glad I didn't let myself get suckered into this "debate".
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »

So how is this bill anti-Tmth?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:40:30 PM »

Im not calling you inactive, I'm saying you seem to just ignore some job duties.

The PPT set the tone for the "debate" in his first post. What's a Senator to do?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »

More than willing to find solutions? You're contribution this debate involved a suggestion that I introduced it because it was signed by you. You aren't fooling anyone here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies