Mitt Romney gives wad of cash to random supporter with money problems. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:18:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney gives wad of cash to random supporter with money problems. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney gives wad of cash to random supporter with money problems.  (Read 6487 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2012, 09:58:54 PM by Politico »

Romney is free to choose what to do with his own cash. A lot of people are suffering because of the Great Recession. Hopefully we'll get stronger economic growth once Romney becomes president and restores confidence in the markets, so that people like this poor woman can find a job and no longer be desperate for help.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »

1) Probably the first time he expressed altruism in his entire life, really.

2) Probably wasn't even altruism.  Rather, he was just trying to look good.

No it's not. If you look at his personal background he has been highly involved with LDS charitable activities and helping families with relationship problems. This cold and heartless characterization  bullsh*t directed towards Romney needs to go. Just because he's wealthy doesn't mean he doesn't care about other people.

Yeah, the European-style class warfare on here is a bit sickening, huh? If I had to guess, I would say most of them are either young, or envious pricks who have made nothing of their own life.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2012, 11:59:38 PM by Politico »

So Romney supports giving handouts to the poor?

Romney believes in allowing people to be free to choose whether or not to donate their own wealth in the form of personal charity. Romney vehemently opposes the government taking something from one person to give something to another person.

Romney supports freedom of individual choice, not governmental force. I wish I could say the same thing about some of our friends on the left.

The bottom-line: You can be a compassionate person without supporting the idea of the government stealing from one person or group of people to give to another person or group of people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies