Vote Teddy! victory party! free cake!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:17:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Teddy! victory party! free cake!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Teddy! victory party! free cake!  (Read 1728 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
« edited: January 23, 2012, 06:14:35 AM by IDS Legislator Elect Teddy »

As you know, I am running for the southern legislature. Anyway, this is my campaign thread.

I hope that I can campaign, but I might lose my net for a week so...
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »

You know exactly how to attract attention with your thread titles. Maybe it's just my own paranoia, but for a second I thought you decided to run for President after all. Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »

If there's one thing I'm good at, its attracting attention. I am someone you want near you when there's a fire. I am also therefore someone you want around when there is an issue that needs attention. Not only can I attract attention to my causes, but to yours as well - and that's the #1 reason why you should vote for Teddy for the IDS Legislature Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »

SPEECH IN OKLAHOMA CITY

Thank you for attending. I am here to announce that I am running for the IDS Legislature.

Let's get right into the meat and potatoes. Why vote for Teddy? The answer to that I feel is simple. I offer a new and unique prospective to the challenges that face the region. I am neither easily classified as left or right. I am not a Libertarian, nor do my views, as a whole, fit an Authoritarian classification. I am unique. Beyond this, I've been around for years, and that has not crushed my unique ways or unique ideas. I am still as fresh as the day I came out of the box.

I intend to run and run until I win. I am dedicated to serving regionally, and I want to be in your legislature. I want to help pass good laws that are written properly. Laws that we will not need to stop at some point and fix because we missed a clause, or, left open a loophole. Too often are laws written that have not given thought to what happens when things go wrong. If everything works fine, then why do we even need a law? Laws are there to help when things go wrong, and we must ensure that our laws are able to do this. We need to ask ourselves "what if" and sure the law being drawn up has an answer to all of that.

I will work for all of you and be quick on the draw. I commit to checking in at the Legislature at least once in every 24 hours, and likely, once every 12 hours. I will never be caught off guard, or, miss a vote. I will speak to every bill before the house, even to just say I agree or disagree. I will ensure that my activity is something people look up towards and not something that people will complain about. I want to be the most active person in this region and will work to ensure that I am so.

You may be asking if I would leave a half term to run for President or Senate. The answer is no. My "plan" is to win regional office, and only after at minimum a single full term, to then examine if I want to move on. I have no intention of running for President or Senate should I win. You may wonder if I'd leave to serve in cabinet, and the answer to that is for the most part no. The only position I would consider in cabinet is that of GM, and only because an active GM helps the region run smoothly.

I am in this for the long haul.

Thank you

~Teddy
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2012, 05:54:14 PM by Annoying4U (TEDDY) »

https://twitter.com/#!/TheNewTeddy

Check the tweets for the 30 mins prior to this post. Compare with others. Note the words "lots of you" Try to find them. Clue: its just me and one girl who made one tweet.

As ZuWo said, the one thing I do very well is attract attention. I am not easy to ignore. The Journalists themselves thought they were livestreaming, and it was I who brought it to their attention that they were not - and hopefully - this will lead to them livestreaming once again sooner than if I had not brought this to their attention.

So what's the lesson here?

Simple. If I see a problem that needs fixing, I will make sure it gets fixed. I might just me some legislator, but one thing I do well is draw attention, and I will ensure that attention is drawn to any and all problems. This is my strength.

edit
for those who get to this too late to see all the tweets, this is what happened.

This is a show I like to watch called Power and Politics. I am too poor to afford Cable, so I watch this on net livestream.

Recently, they stopped livestreaming. Nobody seemed to notice.

Earlier today, at the show start time, I made a ruckus on twitter trying to figure out what was wrong. The Journalists on the show did not even know - until one of them asked because of my annoying tweets - that they no longer livestream due to technical difficulties. They are now committing to fixing this, and have tweeted about the fact that they are no longer livestreaming. During this at least one other girl on twitter also tweeted wondering what's going on, so I was not the only one a bit lost. Now, thanks to my being annoying and drawing attention to this issue that I felt was important enough to get attention, people are aware that the livestream has stopped; not only viewers, but journalists on the show; something that was not true before I made my little "ruckus". I asked these questions not just for me - though partly for me - but also on behalf of those others who were trying to find the livestream.

Thus, my being annoying has produced a productive result. I am thus committing to do the same for issues that I find within the IDS, but on your behalf.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:31:12 AM »

I am very willing to work with anyone in a professional basis, and I think that is one of my greater strengths.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »

It's a bit insulting to our collective intelligence that I have to make this a campaign promise...

Normally, in politics, when there is no opposition - no commentary or discussion - it means that whatever is on the table is fine.

Except in Atlasia, where the Senate has been known to pass bills with serious errors in them because nobody bothered to actually read & comment on them. Can't fault people for being careful here.

but I promise to read every bill that comes before me if elected. (I've already committed to comment on them all)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:51 AM »

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:25 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2012, 06:09:13 AM by IDS Legislator Elect Teddy »

To celebrate... this!

What's up with all these linux-based time travellers? what's a linux?

DAVE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE FORUM PRIOR TO THIS TIME AND DATE OR IT WILL STOP WORKING PROPERLY
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:15:36 AM »

I'm hosting a victory party in TPTTAA offices.

There will be free cake for all.
Here is a picture of the cake we will all share.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:18 AM »

Gongratulations!
Hope you would handle your job better than me.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »

Gongratulations!
Hope you would handle your job better than me.
I'd like you to be my personal assistant. Everyone ranked you, and if I'd not run you would have won. I can think of nothing better than to thus have you at my side.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies