Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act [Law'd] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:31:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act [Law'd] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act [Law'd]  (Read 8910 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: January 16, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »

As a longtime warrior in the failing war on drugs, I support this measure.  I would offer one amendment:

Section 2: Regulation and Re-Affirming Legalization

1. The possession, sale, transportation and consumption of marijuana, and the plants needed for its processing, shall be legal for citizens 18 and over throughout the Republic of Atlasia.

In order to possess, consume, or sell it, someone is going to have to transport and you should make that legal as well or you are not really making it legal.

My one concern is whether the Federal Government can make it legal everywhere.  The feds can repeal their statutes, and make it legal in all areas under federal control, but this bill would also repeal regional and local statutes and ordinances.  That I do believe would be an overreach by the federal government.

Think beer.  Prohibition did not work and it was repealed.  However, there still exists towns that are dry (as much as I think that is stupid).  I do believe that the bill should be amended so as not to overreach into regional rights.  I am willing to work with the sponsor on an amendment.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »

What is your problem with my amendment?  I would like to know so that we could work something out or maybe I could address any concerns you have.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »

I stand for regional rights and do not support forcing regions to abide by arbitrary and impractical age restrictions.

That's fair, I disagree that there should be no age requirement, but I understand your objection.  What age would you support?  Additionally, my amendment allowed for the transportation.  It is hard to buy, sell, consume and/or grow legally if no one is allowed to transport the product.  What is the objection to my amendment?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »

aye
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

Aye
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »

Add the word transportation to that and I agree
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

Add the word transportation to that and I agree

What made you change your mind, if I may?

Sure.  I am in favor of legalizing most if not all drugs as they only serve to feed as the currency of power for criminal organizations and gangs.  But I want to make sure that it makes sense, thus adding transportation.

I do believe that the age should be 18, but could understand local laws that might want to allow use with a parent's permission, such as Wisconsin does with alcohol (any age by the way, no floor on it which is just silly in my view).

That being said, I am still a little stuck on the regional rights issue.  I am still reading my notes from the previous SC cases on this issue as well as looking at previous statutes.  The main reason I am agreeing at this point, is if I do support this bill, I want to make it make sense.

Now, and I am just pointing this out, while I can see the regional rights argument of some here, I do not believe it is a realistic argument coming from you as you were the sponsor of the bill that legalizing cocaine.  How could it be a violation of a regions rights to impose an age limit on marijuana but not a violation to totally decriminalize the possession of cocaine (while at the same time still making it illegal to sell it).

This is not an attack but rather just a spelling out of my thinking as I attempt to weigh all the sides on this issue, contribute to making the bill workable, while still trying to rectify this bill with legal precedent, the constitution, and my own personal beliefs.

Hope that clears it up.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »

Christ, it was my fault.  I wanted to include transportation and was cutting and pasting.  Marokai is not to blame.  That being said, I also did not think much about it because I did not think an 18 year old rule was so bad.

If it will move us forward, change my vote, move onto the next amendment.  Fights like this are really killing any enjoyment I have for this game.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

Nay
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »

Nay on #4.

It is getting hard to figure out what is going on this bill.  I honestly thought that this was a commonsense bill that would get a lot of support.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies