I give up (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  I give up (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 3161 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: January 16, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »

At least I don't expect Romney to win in November That'd be awful.

Indeed.  Our current president is a Nobel Laureate.  A Nobel Peace Prize winner, nonetheless, who was awarded that coveted prize even as he was the commander-in-chief of a nation engaged in two wars.  Why change horses now?  We would much rather have another four years of high unemployment, taxpayer-funded bank bailouts, billion-dollar stimulus packages, cash-for-clunkers deals, Presidential missions to the International Olympic Committee that do little more than embarrass the people of Chicago, and Beer Summits in the Rose Garden featuring privileged, self-righteous academics and Cops Who Act Stupidly. 

You stuck in 2009?

Anyway, the answer is quite simple, because the alternative is Satan.

^^^

Not that I think bank bailouts or billion-dollar (too small!) stimulus packages are inherently bad things. The idea that a President Romney would do anything to lower the unemployment rate is laughable, and the other two examples you cite are irrelevant minutiae.

Yeah! The bailout was too small! Lets imitate Japan in broad-based public works and spending, since we all know what an amazing recovery Japan managed in the 1990s!
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

Everybody who supports Obama deserves everything we get if he gets back in: A new "normal" of 8% unemployment (and 15% underemployment), rising cost of living especially with regards to energy, healthcare and food, an America in decline that nobody looks up to anymore (The key reason why Europe loves Obama), and, last but not least, IRS audits for everybody. At least the IRS audits will employ more bureaucrats and lawyers, I guess.

LOLZ

"LOLZ" can generally be assumed to be present in any of Politico's posts regardless of content. If anything, people should say "NOT LOLZ" on the rare occasion when his posts aren't lulzy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies