NC Posters: How are you voting on Amendment 1? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC Posters: How are you voting on Amendment 1? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Posters: How are you voting on Amendment 1?  (Read 4974 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 18, 2012, 07:26:49 PM »

I'll certainly vote against it, but Miles, if you're on the fence, keep in mind that this amendment could jeopardize other unmarried relationships, and turn away prospective businesses.

Nope... That argument is used as a very common talking point, but there is absolutely no evidence that it occurred in the other 32 States that passed such Amendments.

Of course lying for Homosexuality is Alinsky 101.

Uh-huh. And women are terrible at stabbing things. Keep on keeping on, CaDan.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

I'll probably end up voting for it just to piss everyone off because I am tired of hearing everyone complaining about it.

You are going to vote for it because it's an issue people feel strongly about?  I really hope you aren't serious.

Eh, I voted for John Kasich because Strickland's ads were over-the-top and had too much hyperbole about Kasich "getting rich on Wall Street" by selling mutual funds in Columbus. One of my best friends went to vote for Obama but changed his mind standing in line because the girl in front of him was annoying him and an Obama supporter. Irritating supporters don't always help their cause.

It's certainly not the best reason to vote on something, though, particularly ballot initiatives about specific issues.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »

I think it's a question of this issue specifically rather than social conservatism in general, since sociologically speaking the number of problems stemming from gay marriage in jurisdictions that have legalized it is...not thought to be great. There are probably secular systems of normative ethics that would tend towards opposition to homosexuality but other than ones that are hardline antisexual in general I'm having trouble thinking of any.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies