name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:30:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive  (Read 19292 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »

Does Courtney Love count as a woman? Or hot? Cuz honestly, looking at her gives me diarrhea.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »

Rebecca Hall is gorgeous and everything I could ever want in a girl's face. You guys are crazy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:57 AM »

?!??!?!?!?!

weirdos.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2012, 12:41:32 AM »

Would I ask her out? Yes. Is she hot? Naw.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »

I think she is hot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »

Does Courtney Love count as a woman? Or hot? Cuz honestly, looking at her gives me diarrhea.

Well, to be fair, she's now an older lady, but I would still say you are a very sensitive, delicate boy.  I can tell you from experience that the strong meat is sometimes the mot juste.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

Lady Gaga is just plain butt-ugly...I've never heard anyone refer to her as good looking - course, I don't think I've ever had a conversation about her apart from this forum.  And Katy Perry, while light years better looking than Gaga, doesn't do anything for me either. 

But Beyonce is absolutely beautiful, though she has a little too much meat on her for my tastes.

Beyonce was hot when she was 13.  Seriously.  Though she was not the most talented singer of the group, she had movie star looks then, and we all knew where she was heading.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »

Well, to be fair, she's now an older lady, but I would still say you are a very sensitive, delicate boy.  I can tell you from experience that the strong meat is sometimes the mot juste.

It's not the fact that i'm young, it's the fact that she looks like Pennywise...

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »

I believe she's a native Houstonian as well. 

yeah, she's the only native-Houstonian from Destiny's Child.

That's wrong.  Going back to the original Destiny's Child - LaTavia and LaToya were natives, Kelly Rowland was from Georgia originally, I believe, but she had lived in Houston for a while.  Michelle Williams wasn't.

At any rate, you should well know that this all started originally from the act called Girls' Tyme which appeared on Star Search and lost.  Beyonce was one of the six in that group.  Another one of that original group was a good friend of mine in high school.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She was always very thin until she hit 21 and after.  Her chest ain't real, of course, and god knows what other plastic surgery was done.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 02:18:00 AM »

Hilary Swank...I saw her riding on a Mardi Gras float last night. She's good-looking, but nothing really special.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »

Lady Gaga is just plain butt-ugly...I've never heard anyone refer to her as good looking - course, I don't think I've ever had a conversation about her apart from this forum.  And Katy Perry, while light years better looking than Gaga, doesn't do anything for me either. 

But Beyonce is absolutely beautiful, though she has a little too much meat on her for my tastes.

Lady Gaga is a bit much in her over-the-top garb, dermals and eggs and such, but honestly when she's dressed down she looks ten times better. natural beauty imo.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »

That's just silly - you can find bad photos of any lady in her 40s..  seriously, I've never particularly found her attractive, and I do believe she may have once been overrated, but she's certainly not terrible, and your judgement is absurdly over the top and excessively harsh.

Perhaps there is something about her persona you don't like.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

That's wrong.  Going back to the original Destiny's Child - LaTavia and LaToya were natives, Kelly Rowland was from Georgia originally, I believe, but she had lived in Houston for a while.  Michelle Williams wasn't.

At any rate, you should well know that this all started originally from the act called Girls' Tyme which appeared on Star Search and lost.  Beyonce was one of the six in that group.  Another one of that original group was a good friend of mine in high school.

ah, didn't know there was an original Destiny's Child.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »

Lady Gaga is a bit much in her over-the-top garb, dermals and eggs and such, but honestly when she's dressed down she looks ten times better. natural beauty imo.

Lady Gaga is the classic ugly hooknosed New Yorker that you see far too much around these parts.  At least Madonna was halfway decent looking in her day, and had some talent.

Also, since I have no interest in horses, I have no interest in Sarah Jessica Parker either.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

ah, didn't know there was an original Destiny's Child.

You might be confused.  The original Destiny's Child with the original album "Destiny's Child" in 1997 was Beyonce, LaTavia, LaToya and Kelly Rowland.  That lineup switched a few times after 1999, when it finally became Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle Williams when they split.

The original Girls' Tyme was back in 1991-92, and consisted of Beyonce, LaTavia, Kelly Rowland, Ashley Davis and a couple of other people I don't remember.  They appeared on Star Search and lost.  The video is on the web as I recall.  At any rate, after that they cut Ashley and the other two, and put in LaToya as a replacement.  After that, they made the connections, put in the long hard hours, and the rest is history after the release of the first album.  Basically, I'm mostly repeating stuff that is on the web, and is generally accurate.

I am probably narrowing myself down to about 25-30 people if you wanted to track me, but my own personal involvement is as such...

I was at HSPVA, in the same class as Ashley Davis and we were both part of the vocal department there (which is usually about 25-30 people per year, hence the above).  We both graduated the same year.  She was a friend in high school, and a very nice woman, but I probably haven't spoken to her in ten years.  She was good-looking, but did not have the movie star looks of Beyonce.

I mention her in the above because after she was cut, she was involved with sending a demo to Prince, which didn't materialize into anything until years later.  She's in the music business right now under a different name (which you can find out in about two seconds), but never really caught on.

Anyway, when I was a sophomore, the freshman class, specifically the vocal department, included Beyonce Knowles for the fall semester.  Afterwards, her parents pulled her out of school, and she went into training full-time.  We all knew this woman was going to the big-time, and it was discussed with other friends of mine who knew the family personally.  That being said, Ashley had the best vocal talent of all of them (and I say that because I heard all of them), but her personality was such that she would always have trouble working in a group (which is probably why she was cut, I suspect, though I have no proof).

Probably over the past ten years, Beyonce has come up about twice every year, and I relate these stories.  What I do know is that I knew her as an acquaintance, and did talk to her twice in the fall semester of that year, the last time was during the December vocal concert, and it was quite extensively (maybe like 5-10 minutes).  I've tried over the years to remember the subject of conversation, but I remember getting the impression that she was going to be leaving the school, which she did.  She was a nice girl.  At any rate, I was only a little snot-nosed 14-year old kid at that time, so I give myself a break.  Tongue

Anything else?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »

Lady Gaga is the classic ugly hooknosed New Yorker that you see far too much around these parts.  At least Madonna was halfway decent looking in her day, and had some talent.

She's infinitely more talented than Madonna.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »

One can never be as good as the original when the only thing you know how to do is be an imitation.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »

One can never be as good as the original when the only thing you know how to do is be an imitation.

Lady Gaga has a better vocal range and singing voice than Madonna and is a better instrumentalist. Content is of course subjective but form-wise she is considerably more talented.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »

Lady Gaga has a better vocal range and singing voice than Madonna and is a better instrumentalist. Content is of course subjective but form-wise she is considerably more talented.

And to think I was beginning to like you lately..
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:01 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 12:28:05 AM by Nathan »

And to think I was beginning to like you lately..

Content-wise I think both suck, with a few exceptions. Then again, my musical tastes have been over the past few years going over a cliff into, shall we say, hipstertypal tendencies.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »

Angry
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:34 AM »

Would it help if I said that Like a Virgin was genuinely groundbreaking?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:37 AM »

It helps, yes.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 01:08:46 AM by Nathan »

It helps, yes.

I'm not generally immensely fond of heavily synthesized music. The exceptions tend to be somewhat dark stylistically. I have absolutely nothing personally or uniquely against either woman.

I take back saying that Lady Gaga's voice was better than Madonna's. General 'quality' of a voice is entirely subjective and in this case I'm not terribly enamored with either. It does seem like she has a broader vocal range but that might be a misapprehension on my part.

What are our thoughts on Christina Hendricks? I find her much more attractive than many of the 'sex symbols' who are thrown at me through our culture but she's still not terribly appealing to me.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 01:24:17 AM »

Rihanna and Kim Kardashian are pretty unattractive to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies