Rapture Series - Pt1, Protestants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:30:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rapture Series - Pt1, Protestants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rapture Series - Pt1, Protestants  (Read 632 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »

WHAT IF... the Rapture happened.

This is supposed to be a series of posts based on what would happen to the world if the rapture happens, but only to one religion at a time. First is Protestants, next is Muslims, then Catholics, then I open it up to requests. (Hindu is one I'm considering)

The question arises of what religions qualify, so that's a short discussion I intend to have. Two big ones are Anglican (church of England) and Mormonism (church of Latter Day Saints)

Eastern Churches are exempted and will remain, as will (roman) Catholics.

Included for sure a Baptists, Pentecostals, Adventists, Methodists, Congregationalists, Reformed, Calvinist, Presbyterians, and Lutherans.

Anabaptists, which include the Amish can be questioned. But I'll include them cause I'm feeling friendly.

Various Protestant United churches must be added as well. As well as many other things like 7th day Adventists.

So the question then is do Anglicans and Mormons qualify as Protestant? Once we determine that we can begin the scenario.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »

My thoughts:
Leaving both would leave me more artistic freedom with this story. Mormons I'm more comfortable excluding, but Anglicanism, I'm less comfortable leaving, as to many catholics (IE most of Europe, especially the Irish) they are Protestant)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies