Obama to reject Keystone XL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama to reject Keystone XL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to reject Keystone XL  (Read 4743 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 18, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71598.html

DINO Bush-lite Obama strikes again! He's no different from Sarah Palin, essentially! Why does he keep betraying the left?!?!

worship him for every shade of difference, go on.  civilization is marching off the cliff, the stakes you speak of are small.  of course a thinking man can hash out a reasonable case, in a vacuum, for supporting Obama2012; but if we'd taken the other path 20 or 30 years ago, and stood up to Clinton, for example, perhaps intelligent life as an evolutionary error, doomed to self-destruction, would not be a truism.

A thinking man doesn't try to be the harbinger of death.  A thinking man survives.

A manic nihilist on the other hand, washes with emo soap.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »

I'm usually as pro-Obama as they come, but I so don't get this. We need oil. Granted, it's a finite resource and not a permanent solution to our energy needs, but it would be very helpful for right now. And given how much of the price of oil is speculation, it would be most excellent to depress the price and screw Venezuela, Russia, Saudi Arabia, et al. I don't know what they Dems are thinking on this one.
I agree... environmentalists need to pick their fights better.  We're going to be relying on oil for a while yet.  It might as well be American and Canadian oil.  Let China fight for the scraps from unstable nations.

But environmentalists are naturally idealists.  And they suffer from nirvana syndrome.  And they love to team up with the NIMBYs to stop, block, and obstruct just as bad as senate Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies