Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished?  (Read 5672 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: January 27, 2012, 12:00:35 AM »

While it is true the US has played a big role in securing freedom in the Western world, you can't use that as a free pass to avoid any criticism today. The fact is there are many countries with equal or greater freedom.

And it's not as if America's foreign policy has only been around to spread freedom...let's not pretend otherwise.

Yeah, the US tends to be one of the good guys...but I do get annoyed by the arrogance expressed by many (like in your last post).

Franzl I am glad to see you type that the USis "one of the good guys" but what annoyes me is the opposite of what annoys you... people who seek to point out every flaw they see in America and that they see nationalism as a flaw- you are not one of those I dont believe, but there a re many who do. I believe in pride in ones nation... it does not bother me if a Brit thinks the UK is best but what bothers me is an American who says we are not exceptional

America certainly isn't exceptional.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies