Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Should the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance be abolished?  (Read 5666 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »

I think it is interesting how many of you think the Pledge is some fascist, nationalist piece... why dont you direct your outrage to the atrocities commited daily by the thugs in the Middle East who hate Christians, women, gays, Jews, etc

I am going to stop writing in posts like these because it makes me feel sick to think how much outrage you all have towards this country compared to true evil in other nations... thank God people like you weren't in charge during our world wars or when we were fighting for independence. Every one here always says how Reagan could not make it in a GOP primary nowadays- I agree! But when things like the Pledge which are mainstream are being attacked by the left, it shows which extremism is more pervasive

Let me ask one question:

What is the point of pledging allegiance to a supposedly "free" country?

Please answer that without any overblown comparison to Nazi Germany, Radical Islam, Stalinist Russia, or Trial Lawyers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies