so if this thing drags on, does Romney have to release taxes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:43:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  so if this thing drags on, does Romney have to release taxes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: so if this thing drags on, does Romney have to release taxes?  (Read 505 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »

clearly his hope was to win SC, romp in FL, and sew up the nomination before releasing some form of the tax returns.  but it's a bad bad issue for him and it looks like Grinch will win SC, Intrade and some dude on Hardball both think Gingrich has a fighting chance in Florida, and so on.  it looks like the campaign will drag on.  and it being a bad issue, it's hard to see Grinch just letting it go: he'll press, press, press...  so.  how much longer can Romney avoid disclosing that he pays a 6% effective tax rate or whatever?
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »

I can't say I care one way or the other, but then I also don't care to see Obama's birth certificate.

It's a fad, and dittoheads and groupthinkers might keep dragging it out.  People seem to eat that sort of stuff up, so if I were him I'd put it out there.  In fact, all candidates should just put everything out there from the get go:  court documents, tax returns, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, lists of all the hookers hired over the years, list of illegal drugs used, etc., etc.  Just get it out in the open so that people who like to write about this sort of thing can get it out of their systems.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies