Rasmussen: New Hampshire races close
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:01:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  Rasmussen: New Hampshire races close
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: New Hampshire races close  (Read 2022 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »

CONCORD – New Hampshire’s U.S.  Rep. Frank Guinta is deadlocked in a potential rematch with the candidate he ousted in 2010, while U.S. Rep.  Charlie Bass has a narrow lead in a rematch, according to new polling data from Watchdog.org

In New Hampshire’s 1st Congressional District, Republican Guinta and Democrat Carol Shea-Porter each garner 41 percent support from likely voters.  Guinta, a former Mayor of Manchester, defeated Shea-Porter 54-42 percent in 2010.  Shea-Porter has already announced plans to run again, though she will likely face a crowded field in the Democratic Primary. Seven percent support some other candidate, while 10 percent are not sure who they would vote for, according to the poll.
The telephone survey of 500 likely New Hampshire voters in each district was conducted earlier this month by Pulse Opinion Research LLC, an independent public opinion research firm that used automated polling methodology and procedures licensed from Rasmussen Reports LLC. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points, with a 95 percent level of confidence.

In the 2nd District, Republican Bass leads Democrat Anne McLean-Kuster 39 percent-35 percent, just inside the poll’s margin of error, with 14 percent supporting some other candidate and 13 percent not sure.

Bass served six terms in Congress from 1994 to 2006 before returning to Washington in 2010 by edging McLane-Kuster 48 -47 percent.  McLane-Kuster is seeking a rematch with Bass this fall.  The primary field in each congressional district won’t be set until New Hampshire’s filing period in June. 

http://watchdog.org/12985/guinta-tied-with-shea-porter-bass-ahead-of-mclane-kuster/
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »

Surprising that Bass is doing better than Guinta. NH-2 is a bit more liberal than NH-1, and I remember reading a while back that Guinta was still very popular for some inexplicable reason.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »

Opposite of what I would have expected. Both Democrats are incredibly terrible choices and Guinta is only somewhat better, but not much.

The best "candidate" is probably Bass, but he is in a more Democratic district and he has/had (what's the latest on these?) ethical issues.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:28 AM »

Scott is doing House races now? Oh boy...
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

Opposite of what I would have expected. Both Democrats are incredibly terrible choices and Guinta is only somewhat better, but not much.

The best "candidate" is probably Bass, but he is in a more Democratic district and he has/had (what's the latest on these?) ethical issues.

I'd expect the opposite too.

Kuster is a good candidate.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »

They haven't even redistricted yet.

Not that I expect much to change, seeing as it's evidently impossible to make both Republicans safer at the same time.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »

They haven't even redistricted yet.

Not that I expect much to change, seeing as it's evidently impossible to make both Republicans safer at the same time.

If DRA is to be believed, there's only a 251 population differential.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies