I have seen the map.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:05:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  I have seen the map.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have seen the map.  (Read 1286 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »

Did you notice the sun shining just a little brighter today? Or how about the crisp, cold air? Did it seem a little fresher?

This morning, a dear friend of mine broke the news to me. A sly smile crept across my face. Then the headlines hit. Proud. That's how I felt. So proud of the showing. Game changer? No, not likely but that's not so bad. You see, my friends, I have seen the map. I have seen the map on this very website. That blot of beige in the heart of our nation. This isn't a map washed in one color and that's a significant accomplishment. We are not, never have been and never will be a footnote in this party or this nation.

As I head south in less than 24 hours for the contest in the Palmetto State, I hold out hope for the best possible result. Regardless of the vote breakdown, I will remain proud. Proud of defying the odds. Proud of outlasting so many "frontrunners." Proud of taking a principled stand.

This ride isn't over yet but I've certainly hit the point where I can say, "Wow. This was good."
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »

I salute Santorum for saving us, however nominally, from the depressing spectacle of a Romney national sweep.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

I salute Santorum for saving us, however nominally, from the depressing spectacle of a Romney national sweep.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:22:36 PM »

Congratulations Phil!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:34:25 PM »

Phil, just out of curiosity, I know you don't like Romney - but would you have any problems voting for Gingrich if Newt becomes the nominee?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »

Congrats, did you have to wipe off your keyboard at all?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »

Oh yeah, doesn't MBD have to leave now? 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »

Phil, just out of curiosity, I know you don't like Romney - but would you have any problems voting for Gingrich if Newt becomes the nominee?

This is not a night for other candidates but I feel compelled to answer: considering my thread from awhile back titled "Is it time to turn to Newt?" focusing on my second choice for President, my decision in a Gingrich vs. Obama General should be obvious.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

This is not a night for other candidates but I feel compelled to answer: considering my thread from awhile back titled "Is it time to turn to Newt?" focusing on my second choice for President, my decision in a Gingrich vs. Obama General should be obvious.

But do you actually like him, or do you just dislike Obama more?  I think that's what Oakvale was asking. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

But do you actually like him, or do you just dislike Obama more?  I think that's what Oakvale was asking. 

Oh, I have issues with Newt, no doubt. That is why this party really ought to unite behind the winner of the Iowa Caucuses.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2012, 07:19:43 PM by Fuzzy »

But do you actually like him, or do you just dislike Obama more?  I think that's what Oakvale was asking.  

Oh, I have issues with Newt, no doubt. That is why this party really ought to unite behind the winner of the Iowa Caucuses.

Yeah, I have to admit, dispite the fact that we share nothing in common he is probably one of the better origional candidates this season.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »

Did you notice the sun shining just a little brighter today? Or how about the crisp, cold air? Did it seem a little fresher?

This morning, a dear friend of mine broke the news to me. A sly smile crept across my face. Then the headlines hit. Proud. That's how I felt. So proud of the showing. Game changer? No, not likely but that's not so bad. You see, my friends, I have seen the map. I have seen the map on this very website. That blot of beige in the heart of our nation. This isn't a map washed in one color and that's a significant accomplishment. We are not, never have been and never will be a footnote in this party or this nation.

As I head south in less than 24 hours for the contest in the Palmetto State, I hold out hope for the best possible result. Regardless of the vote breakdown, I will remain proud. Proud of defying the odds. Proud of outlasting so many "frontrunners." Proud of taking a principled stand.

This ride isn't over yet but I've certainly hit the point where I can say, "Wow. This was good."
That "blot of beige" is orange.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 07:21:46 AM »

That "blot of beige" is orange.

The closeness of the vote makes it a beige, my son. But as close as the contest was, the message was clear.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

Santorum 2012! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »

I'm actually horrified this could be a game changer, especially if Santorum drops out, as I expect him to after SC is over. I know Romney is ahead in Florida now but Newt could close the gap quickly. My gut still says Romney wins narrowly but we'll see.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »

Iowa has officially certified the truth. Free at last...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies