Do You Think Newt Gingrich Has an "Open Marriage" With Callista Gingrich?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Do You Think Newt Gingrich Has an "Open Marriage" With Callista Gingrich?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Do You Think Newt Gingrich Has an "Open Marriage" With Callista Gingrich?
Yes

Probably

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Do You Think Newt Gingrich Has an "Open Marriage" With Callista Gingrich?  (Read 7040 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »

The GOP was able to hold on to it's position as the "moral party" after eight years of a guy who did cocaine, and after all the GOP politicians who turned out to be gay.

And it's not like Romney is the epitome of moral values.  He's a heartless CEO deep down.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »

I honestly don't want to think about it...
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:35 PM »

This thread is disgusting. The personal relationships and sexual proclivities of a candidate are completely irrelevant to how well they would do their job as president. Only in America, our culture so strangled by puritan prudery, do we care about this nonsensical hearsay.

I would not do this to any other candidate. Indeed, I said pretty much nothing about the accusations against Cain. However, Gingrich deserves this for what he did to Bill Clinton with regards to Monica Lewinsky. He wasted millions of taxpayers' dollars on that witch hunt while he, himself, was having sex with interns behind his second wife's back (At least Hillary Clinton probably agreed to Bill's proclivities; Gingrich was having sex behind his second wife's back and telling her that he loved her with his mistress laying right there, beside him while he spoke on the phone).

The serial hypocrisy is too much. Gingrich deserves all that is coming to him with regards to this issue.

1) You ignored my question. Since when do poll's this early have ever been reflective of the country's mood by November.

2) Who says that Marianne is giving us the whole truth. What Gingrich did to her was inexcusable, but it happened 10 years ago. The fact that she is attempting to exact revenge shows that she has serious issues with bitterness and anger. That reflects poorly on her as a person.

3) Clinton clearly commuted purjury. Although morally Newt was a hypocrite, he should have gone forward the investigation because of the President's violation of the law.

Man, you're getting as bad as SimFan was with his Hunstmentum.

Chill!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2012, 11:47:29 PM by Politico »

This thread is disgusting. The personal relationships and sexual proclivities of a candidate are completely irrelevant to how well they would do their job as president. Only in America, our culture so strangled by puritan prudery, do we care about this nonsensical hearsay.

I would not do this to any other candidate. Indeed, I said pretty much nothing about the accusations against Cain. However, Gingrich deserves this for what he did to Bill Clinton with regards to Monica Lewinsky. He wasted millions of taxpayers' dollars on that witch hunt while he, himself, was having sex with interns behind his second wife's back (At least Hillary Clinton probably agreed to Bill's proclivities; Gingrich was having sex behind his second wife's back and telling her that he loved her with his mistress laying right there, beside him while he spoke on the phone).

The serial hypocrisy is too much. Gingrich deserves all that is coming to him with regards to this issue.

1) You ignored my question. Since when do poll's this early have ever been reflective of the country's mood by November.

I cannot think of a single nominee who beat an incumbent after posting numbers in the 30s in the middle of January of the election year. Can you? Even Walter Mondale was competitive at this point in the cycle in 1984...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anybody who has been cheated on can understand where she is coming from with regards to wanting to show the world what type of person he is. He's unfit for office. Anybody who would behave this way is not fit for office. At least Jackie and Lady Bird knew what was going on and implicitly agreed to it. You do not have that here. She wants to show that to the world. I salute her.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He wasted MILLIONS OF TAXPAYERS' DOLLARS for political points, and the whole thing backfired in the 1998 midterms. That's why he got booted.

But, oh boy, I sure was glad that Newt was taking care of us in Washington all of those years. He's just done so much with his "Newt Action," and he's a real role model that children can look up to.

The ultimate: Gingrich supports his own "open marriages" but opposes his poor sister's "gay marriage." What a messed up family he must have...
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 11:49:47 PM »

This entire thread has made me puke a little in my mouth. Tongue
The Professor
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »

Newt Gingrich is good with girls and has been for all of his professional life. If Newt Gingrich can get girls then that means many users on this forum have NO excuse.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »

Actually, it can & does matter. Why would you want to elect a fundamentally bad person, a man with no regard for commitment, morality, or a contract he agreed to, to run an entire nation. If he doesn't give a f#ck about his own wife, why should he care about an entire country?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »

Politico- you know that I will stand with you when you are right even if you aren't spouting a popular tune, but your obsession with Gingrich is extreme...I am a big Gingrich fan but I do not ask personal questions about Romney's life. I dislike Romney because of the lack of political agreement throughout his career becasue that is what I am voting on- does this person share what I believe to be best for America
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »

Politico, Marianne is a bitter woman. She was hurt, raked over the coals, humiliated: I don't deny that. I don't deny Newt acted like a low-life in the whole affair. Newt will have to answer for what does in the next life.

But she needs to move on. Success is the sweetest revenge: proving that no one can keep you down. Not a co-worker, not a friend, not a parent, not a sibling, not even an ex-spouse. She has not shown any of that. In fact, she has shown the exact opposite. No one cares to be around a person who continues to hang on to anger and bitterness. She comes off as someone who will not,  as William Shatner once put it, "Get a life!"

I dont pretend like someone who understands the pain of a bitter divorce, but I do understand human nature. I know what is bitterness, and I do know when someone fires personal attacks when things are not going his way.

Politico, take a chill pill.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »

I'm not generally a huge fan of taking a candidate's personal life as a major campaign issue since it really ought to be about who could best run the country not who's the best person and who isn't going to get coal from Santa Claus next Christmas. But there are limits. Newt Gingrich's personal life seems to have been a never-ending saga of impropriety spanning decades and would be a tremendous distraction even if he managed to be otherwise great at running the country. Sure I believe in forgiveness, but forgiveness does not absolve one of the consequences of his actions, and the consequences of Newt's actions are likely that he can never be President of the United States. He chose several years ago to take a path that may prohibit that. Now he gets to live with his choices.

I will vote for Gingrich in November if the Republican Party decides to nominate him and I will do so without hesitation. But he's also lost a chance at my support in the primary and my vote in the primary.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2012, 12:06:51 AM by Politico »

The new check-list for nominating the Republican candidate for president as per the above Newt supproters:

[X] Divorced first wife while she was battling cancer (and beating John Edwards by decades!)
[X] Asked second wife for an "open marriage" after getting caught cheating
[X] Marries third wife who is younger than his own children

Sounds like a real winner to me, folks!

My only question: Why don't we just dig up Nixon's corpse to be his running mate?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »

The ultimate fact is that we don't know what really happened between Newt and his former wife. I could believe either side of the story, it's not like Newt can admit the story is true and win with this GOP base.

But in the end, who gives a s***? What impact will it have on his capacity to do the job... he has FAR bigger problems in his politics and what he's advocating beyond what may have happened in his relationship years ago.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2012, 12:11:10 AM by Politico »

The ultimate fact is that we don't know what really happened between Newt and his former wife. I could believe either side of the story, it's not like Newt can admit the story is true and win with this GOP base.

But in the end, who gives a s***? What impact will it have on his capacity to do the job... he has FAR bigger problems in his politics and what he's advocating beyond what may have happened in his relationship years ago.

If he can't even be trusted by his significant other, how can anybody trust him?

And it's not like he's only divorced once, and the ex-wife is just out for revenge. This is his third marriage. I don't know about you, but I don't know anybody who is put together to a degree capable of being POTUS that has made it to three or more marriages. There is a strong correlation between number of marriages three and above, and disastrous personal issues. He has children with the first ex-wife, so of course she's not going to want to hurt the children by spilling the beans. And his newest wife (I would say last, but you never know with Newt) is younger than his daughters. Who does THAT? It's creepy, and Gingrich has a lot of audacity looking down on his gay sister for her gay marriage (he didn't even acknowledge the wedding).
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:15 AM »

Politico, you are getting as bad as SimFan was with his Huntsmantem obsession.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:33 AM »

If he can't even be trusted by his significant other, how can anybody trust him? And it's not like he's only divorced once, and the ex-wife is all sour grapes. This is his third wife. He has children with the first ex-wife, so of course she's not going to want to hurt the children by spilling the beans. And his newest wife (I would say last, but you never know with him) is younger than his daughters. Who does THAT?

I personally think he's a scumbag... but for me, personally, I put a politician's private life to one side and judge them on what they want to do... and Gingrich fails spectacularly on that front too.
Reginald
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

What in the world did she expect... I mean, she herself was Newt's "other woman" at one point too, no? She really cannot have been this shocked and appalled to find out he was less than faithful with her as well.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »

I believe worse... SimFan did not attack other candidates in such an immature way
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »

2) Who says that Marianne is giving us the whole truth. What Gingrich did to her was inexcusable, but it happened 10 years ago. The fact that she is attempting to exact revenge shows that she has serious issues with bitterness and anger. That reflects poorly on her as a person.

Anybody who has been cheated on can understand where she is coming from with regards to wanting to show the world what type of person he is. He's unfit for office. Anybody who would behave this way is not fit for office. At least Jackie and Lady Bird knew what was going on and implicitly agreed to it. You do not have that here. She wants to show that to the world. I salute her.

Hurr, because douchebags never lie to get back at someone they had a shtty relationship with.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »

I believe worse... SimFan did not attack other candidates in such an immature way

True.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »

You know what's really irresponsible? Wasting millions of dollars of taxpayers' money going after Clinton with regards to Monica Lewinsky while you're having sexual relations with YOUR intern behind your own wife's back. At least Hillary and Bill had an agreement, I am sure. Apparently Newt's wife had no idea, let alone any agreement. And not just screwing around behind his wife's back, but doing it with a woman who is YOUNGER than his own daughters. People gave Clinton flak for Monica, but she was seven or eight years older than Chelsea...
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »

Ok, we all need to admit a few things --and I know you're all thinking this.

1) We are all surprised that Gingrich managed to get someone as attractive as Callista
2) We are all surprised that people actually believe someone out there wants to take advantage of the "open marriage" that New Gingrich may/may not/may have previously be/been in.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 12:25:44 AM »

You know what's really irresponsible? Wasting millions of dollars of taxpayers' money going after Clinton with regards to Monica Lewinsky while you're having sexual relations with YOUR intern behind your own wife's back. At least Hillary and Bill had an agreement, I am sure. Apparently Newt's wife had no idea, let alone any agreement. And not just screwing around behind his wife's back, but doing it with a woman who is YOUNGER than his own daughters. People gave Clinton flak for Monica, but she was seven or eight years older than Chelsea...

This is America.  Most people don't find it creepy at all for a dude to fock women young enough to be his granddaughter.  Because most people are brainwashed to believe in our focked up patriarchal social norms.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 12:26:22 AM »

Newt never arguably committed perjury which was what the Clinton investigation was about...it wasn't about whether or not he plowed Lewinsky
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 12:29:49 AM »

Newt never arguably committed perjury which was what the Clinton investigation was about...it wasn't about whether or not he plowed Lewinsky

It morphed into that after they started asking questions about Lewinsky, which obviously had nothing whatsoever to do with the original investigation into the bad real estate deal in Arkansas (Whitewater). They used Whitewater to get Clinton over his infidelities, and there's no way they ever would have been able to prove anything without DNA. It was, ultimately, a HUGE waste of millions of dollars.

Anyway, I gotta get going.

Your boy is probably going to win South Carolina, but he will wish he had stayed down after Romney and Co. are done with him.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »

Thank you, Politico.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies