Kal's Amendment [Rejected] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kal's Amendment [Rejected] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kal's Amendment [Rejected]  (Read 4161 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »

still seems pointless and unnecessary

Right you are.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 12:19:37 AM by No Good Napoleon »

still seems pointless and unnecessary

I really like the idea of possibly a Pres and VP from different tickets.  In the last election, it could easily have happened.

I liked Kal's (and maybe originally Marokai's but I really remember Kal firing me up about the idea) and promised that I would bring it forward.  

Right you are. Most "reforms" from Marokai's side are targeted at the JCP, trying to disable or handicap us by any means. It is why my attempts at giving the VP a stronger role are always met with opposition while meaningless changes to the position are pitched as reforms.

This amendment does not improve the VP position. All it does is change election rules because one political apparatus thinks it will be a beneficial rule change. Your assertion that we might have had a Duke/Bacon King administration is also what I'd have expected had the right gotten an opportunity to change our electoral rulebook prior to the October election.

Ticket cohesion is a net positive for the executive branch. Removing this, therefore, is a net negative. If we want to adjust the executive branch to make improvements to game play, let's try filling the Ag vacancy with the Veep or something.

But let us not masquerade here. This is not a "reform" in the sense the public would expect. It's a desperate effort to strengthen the chances of one political group. More so than the voter ID laws Marokai is always bitching about are.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:33:29 AM »

I was thinking: If we do decide to elect the Vice President separately from the President, might we also consider electing other cabinet members independently as well? Not something that I would necessarily support, just something that I thought I'd throw out there.
Sounds like a ploy to screw JCPers out of cabinet spots and give them to RPPers, if you ask me.

I'd actually support that, since it is consistent.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies