Poor Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:09:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poor Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do You Feel Sorry for Mitt Romney?
Very much so

Somewhat

Not really

His tears fill me with strength

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Poor Mitt Romney  (Read 731 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

I have to say, after the results from South Carolina, it must really suck to be Mitt Romney.

I mean, sure, he's an incredibly unlikeable career politician and is more plastic than a Ken doll, but he's running for the Republican nomination the same way an Olympic athlete tries to run a race, and things just keep going wrong for him.

He ran in '08 and tried to learn from his mistakes. He didn't say stupid things in the debates, he absolutely ensured his appearance was "presidential", he made the empty "lets beat Obama 'cause hes evil" rhetoric that Republicans are expected to produce, and he even raised money and spent it efficiently on a proper 50 state campaign with advertisements without digging into his own pocket.

Yet after already being crowned the effective nominee, it's looking like he's failing anyway. He lost South Carolina and his "electability" and "inevitability" is going down the drain. Despite doing everything he's supposed to, he's in danger of losing when the field consists of a religious internet-hating man, an old guy running on a libertarian platform, and a fat guy that supported almost everything Republicans hate in the 90s. It's like training your whole life to be a world class sprinter and then being beaten in the lowest seeds. Regardless of how much I hate Romney, this is kind of sad. Anyone else agree?

(Disclaimer: I still think Romney has the best chance of winning, if only because Newt isn't even on the ballot in a lot of states)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »

His defeat in SC was his own doing, so I don't know why anyone should feel sorry for him.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »

Newt isn't on the ballot in exactly one election that awards delegates.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »

Not really.

I mean the guy lost South Carolina to perhaps one of the most corrupt and viciously dishonest politicians I or you ever heard of.  To a total bloating jackass of a man who isn't even morally fit to run the local mob bar much less the country.

If anything that's pretty pathetic.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

~He's going the distance. He's going for speed. She's all alone in her time of need. Tongue
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:58:52 AM »

I usually don't feel sorry for millionaires.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

"Poor" and "Mitt Romney" should never appear in the same sentence.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »

Not really.

I mean the guy lost South Carolina to perhaps one of the most corrupt and viciously dishonest politicians I or you ever heard of.  To a total bloating jackass of a man who isn't even morally fit to run the local mob bar much less the country.

This.

Mitt Romney sucks as a politician.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 01:18:11 PM »

Not really.

Funny, that statement could easily apply to John McCain in 2000 or John Kerry in 2004.

Which means that I agree with you.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »

He lost a primary in the deep south to someone from the deep south.  There was no real erosion in his numbers, though he didn't expand his base (well, he did over 2008).

Mitten's lost the chance to shut down the GOP nomination race, but that was it; Gingrich survives, which he wouldn't if he lost.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »

Not really.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies