Atlanta Jewish Times: Assassinate Obama To Save Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:44:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlanta Jewish Times: Assassinate Obama To Save Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlanta Jewish Times: Assassinate Obama To Save Israel  (Read 3970 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

There is a process for handling sedition. He should be investigated. [Basically, proving that he wrote it] Then, he should be arrested, tried by a jury of his peers, and, if convicted, sentenced to prison proportionally to crime of sedition.

My dearest JewScare Bob.

Yes, you are right, I am indifferent to the sedition aspect of this - and, most certainly, I am opposed to anybody being tried and/or imprisoned for this, unless it can be shown that there was a serious plot to commit violence. The laws that dictate such imprisonment are the gravest danger to liberty: much graver than ramblings of an idiot in Atlanta. He is not a danger to the US: imprisoning him, most surely, would be a direct threat to every American. So, I guess, I might go as far as accuse you of advocating a course of action injurious to the United States of America and all of its citizens. I don't know, whether this would qualify as sedition: nor, honestly, do I care.

Now, you are taking a stand against sedition laws themselves.

Sedition is [law library site]

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When you claim that "sedition" should not be prosecuted "unless it can be shown that there was a serious plot to commit violence," then you are against prosecution of sedition because "a serious plot to commit violence [to overthrow the government]" constitutes treason.

We are a nation of laws. Some of those law sanction sedition. If you think that should not be the case, by all means advocate repealing those laws. Until they are repealed, they are the law of the land. Advocating the discussion of the assassination of the President is well within that definition. The author and publishers are guilty of sedition.

Prosecute them.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

Well look at this. Someone said something stupid that completely united Atlas in opposition....and a fight breaks out over the semantics of the nature of the guys crime. Simply amazing.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »

Oh, yeah. There is such a law. And there are morals. And any person, advocating prosecution under such law is, fundamentally, an immoral person, my dearest PogromBob.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »

Well look at this. Someone said something stupid that completely united Atlas in opposition....and a fight breaks out over the semantics of the nature of the guys crime. Simply amazing.

Your statement is self-contradictory. One one hand, you say there is a "united Atlas in opposition," and, on the other hand, you write about "the nature of the guy's crime."

While the board is united in the stupidity of his statement, it isn't united on whether, or not, he has committed a felony.

In my opinion, trying to plead down an act of sedition to merely an act of stupidity is morally wrong, and repugnant. The man deserves both condemnation and prosecution.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »

Oh, yeah. There is such a law. And there are morals. And any person, advocating prosecution under such law is, fundamentally, an immoral person, my dearest PogromBob.

Please, had this been in Israel, and had an Israeli-Arab author suggested debating the assassination of Netanyahu in the belief that his successor would be more sympathetic to their cause, the guy would be being waterboarded as we speak, probably with your blessing.

Advocating murder is immoral, not, merely "idiotic." Advocating murder as a form of regime change for a democracy is both immoral and anti-democratic. It strikes at the very heart of America being a self-governing people. To not prosecute him is both an assault on morality and democracy.

Sedition is a crime for a reason.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

1. Israel is an awful place for many reasons: I have said many times, I have no sympathy whatsoever with that state, not as a human being and not as a Jew. We could also remember Saudi Arabia, or USSR, or China. I thought we were talking about the US.

2. Advocating murder is an immoral thing, sure. As is advocating violent regime change in a democracy - no doubt of that. Likewise, it is immoral  advocating prosecuting someone for idle talk. One does not contradict the other. In fact, what undermines democracy is classifying sedition as crime. In fact, I do firmly believe that you are not merely anti-Semitic, but also a sworn enemy of liberty and democracy and of the United States of America as the symbol of the two. Nevertheless, I would never advocate prosecuting you for any of that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies