Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 09:46:09 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Print
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 29471 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: April 08, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »
Ignore

What's the point of even having regions if you have only 10 of them for a country with 60M inhabitants?

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 08, 2014, 05:01:02 pm »
Ignore

If you make them about even you get administrative units with a population like Denmark or Norway and thats a pretty efficient administrative size. From a democratic POV it makes less sense. Thirty would be about right for France IMO.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Winston Churchill

"While I am a great believer in the free enterprise system and all that it entails, I am an even stronger believer in the right of our people to live in a clean and pollution-free environment."

Barry Goldwater

The way 90% of Atlas threads end up:
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 08, 2014, 07:31:19 pm »
Ignore

If you make them about even you get administrative units with a population like Denmark or Norway and thats a pretty efficient administrative size. From a democratic POV it makes less sense. Thirty would be about right for France IMO.

Well, we have 22 right now, halving them would make the average region more populous than Denmark as a whole. Tongue

Anyway, here's an alternative regions map I once drew, trying to both reduce variation in population and correct a few historical aberrations. That ends up with 20 regions for metropolitan France.

1. Īle-de-France
2. Grand Paris
3. Lyonnais

I wasn't entirely sure about a few names, so if some have alternative proposals I'd be glad to hear them. Wink

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:18 am »
Ignore

Well, we have 22 right now, halving them would make the average region more populous than Denmark as a whole. Tongue
Anyway, here's an alternative regions map I once drew, trying to both reduce variation in population and correct a few historical aberrations. That ends up with 20 regions for metropolitan France.

1. Īle-de-France
2. Grand Paris
3. Lyonnais

I wasn't entirely sure about a few names, so if some have alternative proposals I'd be glad to hear them. Wink

Not by much (less than 10% difference, so doesnt matter) - which was my point. Having regions the size of small nation states is a pretty efficient size.

Nice map. Also looks OK identity wise (from what I know of France).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:54:37 am by politicus »Logged

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Winston Churchill

"While I am a great believer in the free enterprise system and all that it entails, I am an even stronger believer in the right of our people to live in a clean and pollution-free environment."

Barry Goldwater

The way 90% of Atlas threads end up:
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
Pitcairn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: April 09, 2014, 10:46:55 am »
Ignore

The government was completed by secretaries of state:

Parliamentary relations: Jean-Marie Le Guen
International trade, tourism development and French citizens abroad: Fleur Pellerin (under Fabius, finally)
European affairs: Harlem Désir (PS leader)
International development and Francophonie: Annick Girardin (PRG/Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon!)
Transport, sea and fisheries: Frédéric Cuvillier (under Ségo, best of luck dude)
Higher education and research: Geneviève Fioraso
Budget: Christian Eckert
Digital technologies: Axelle Lemaire (PS deputy for the UK/Scandinavia/Baltics, born in Ottawa!)
Commerce, artisanat, consumption, 'économie sociale et solidaire': Valérie Fourneyron
Family and seniors: Laurence Rossignol
Handicapped persons and fight against exclusion: Ségolène Neuville
Veterans and remembrance (lol!): Kader Arif
Sports: Thierry Braillard (PRG deputy, ally of Lyon mayor Gérard Collomb, elected with Collomb's support against an EELV-PS candidate in 2012)
Territorial reform: André Vallini

Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon REPRESENT (first ever cabinet minister from there?)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:00:54 pm by PASOK Leader Hashemite »Logged

A Message to the People of France:

A Message to Manuel Valls
Mr Bear, King of Animals
Zanas46
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:08 am »
Ignore

1. Īle-de-France
2. Grand Paris
3. Lyonnais

Not bad. Not really sure why you would put Seine-et-Marne in Picardie. Picardie should be dissolved anyway. Give Somme to NPDC, Aisne to Champagne-Ardenne, and Oise to a greater Īle-de-France. Not ok with your Seine and Seine-et-Oise thingy.

"F**k you Lion, I'm the King !" Mr Bear

IN NATE WE TRUST
Labor Party of Atlasia
Bretzelite Cultural Marxist caucus.

That's not how the left works.  We make swords out of our enemy's iron thrones.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:50 am »
Ignore

LOL Flanby. 83% disapproval, wouldn't even make the runoff with Sarko and Panzergirl. 29% Sarko, 23% Panzergirl, 19% Flanby in Round 1. 67/33 Sarko/Panzergirl in the runoff, 54/46 Flanby/Panzergirl.

+7.35, +3.65

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:59 pm »
Ignore

The correct nickname for Sarkozy is Poison Dwarf.

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Midwest Governor windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: 0.30

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2014, 12:33:19 pm »
Ignore

Guys. Do you imagine how bad a Panzergirl victory would be?
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2014, 03:18:12 pm »
Ignore

Not bad. Not really sure why you would put Seine-et-Marne in Picardie. Picardie should be dissolved anyway. Give Somme to NPDC, Aisne to Champagne-Ardenne, and Oise to a greater Īle-de-France. Not ok with your Seine and Seine-et-Oise thingy.

What's wrong with it? Considering IdF is so big, it would make sense to split it into a core Paris agglomeration and the broader Parisian region. Both for the sake of population balance and to create a serious structure for the much awaited "Grand Paris".

Also, why do you hate Picardie? Sad

Midwest Governor windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: 0.30

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »
Ignore

Regionalism is extremely boring and hopefully it will be destroyed.
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:54 am »
Ignore

Regionalism is extremely boring and hopefully it will be destroyed.

'Boring' is an odd word for it. What, specifically, do you mean by regionalism, and in what ways, specifically, do you find it objectionable?

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2014, 08:59:10 am »
Ignore

Flanby says he would have no reason to run in 2017 if unemployment remains this high. I assume that's a figure of speech.

+7.35, +3.65

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout