Will Politico stop being a hack after Romney loses primary/general?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Politico stop being a hack after Romney loses primary/general?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Politico stop being a hack after Romney loses primary/general?
Yes

He will leave the forum in shame.

No

Lol wut? Romney is winning this sh**t bro!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Will Politico stop being a hack after Romney loses primary/general?  (Read 1255 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »

What do you guys think?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »

He'll leave. I strongly suspect he's a volunteer/worker for the Romney campaign. Nobody can be that into a candidate in real life.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »

He'll likely issue some sort of veiled threats against Gingrich's life, causing some degree of concern for the moderation team for a while, and then tucker himself out and leave.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »

He'll leave. I strongly suspect he's a volunteer/worker for the Romney campaign. Nobody can be that into a candidate in real life.

Did you see The Daily Show yesterday? LOL.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »

Considering he has been here since 2005, he'll probably find another candidate to support. IIRC, he was once a major Gore supporter.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:06 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 11:40:45 PM by Frodo »

Call me an optimist, but once Romney loses either the primary or the general election, Politico will get over it.  

And I don't mind that he is currently a hack -this forum needs some balance between our own hacks and that of the GOP.  In fact, Politico is actually a rather reasonable poster for a hack -which is more than what I can say for CaDan who is in a league of his own...  
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »

Considering he has been here since 2005, he'll probably find another candidate to support. IIRC, he was once a major Gore supporter.

Whoa, what?  How come he first entered my consciousness only a few months ago?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:52:51 PM »

He was largely an infrequent poster back then. I found a few threads the other day with his posts dating back that far.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oh, Romney. How I hope you win the nomination.

Romney Vs. Edwards = 40 to 45-state Landslide for Edwards

He even had a generally negative view of Mitt Romney, see! (Though he thought Romney would beat both Obama and Clinton if Gore didn't jump in).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:57:52 PM »

He pushed Al Gore really hard in 2008, just like he's doing with Romney now. He also didn't post for three years from Nov 2008 until Aug 2011.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »

I like politico when Romney and Gingrich aren't being discussed, but those posts are few and far between.

I saw a necro'd post of his from 2008, where he predicted Obama would win all the Clinton states  and crush McCain with well over 400+ EVs, and he basically described him as the messiah.

He's a drama queen that obsesses whoever he gets behind. He obviously has rose (read: bright red) colored glasses when he views Romney. He describes Romney as a sort of demigod that will magically make America invincible in no time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »

I like politico when Romney and Gingrich aren't being discussed, but those posts are few and far between.

I saw a necro'd post of his from 2008, where he predicted Obama would win all the Clinton states  and crush McCain with well over 400+ EVs, and he basically described him as the messiah.

He's a drama queen that obsesses whoever he gets behind. He obviously has rose (read: bright red) colored glasses when he views Romney. He describes Romney as a sort of demigod that will magically make America invincible in no time.

He was around back then?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 12:36:45 AM »

I am finally convinced that Obama is going to pull away big over the next three weeks. Obama wins the popular vote by 12 points (55.5 vs. 43.5 vs. 1.0). People will be shocked:

Obama 473
McCain 65

Do not be surprised if TN, KY and LA flip on that map, too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »

Wow.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »

Yep. He is a melodramatic hack that doesn't like to ground his views or predictions in reality. First he was a Gore hack, then he was CERTAIN that McCain or Romney would blitz any Democrat in 2008, then he was an Obama hack, and now he's a Romney hack. One of his favorite arguments (which seems to have disappeared lately), was that based purely on his own anecdotal evidence, the world viewed America in decline and a bad place to live, and that Obama was the root of this supposed bad image.

He disappeared right after the election in 2008 and didn't resurface until August 2011. Something tells me that when Romney loses he'll holler for a good while and then vanish, to the delight of us all.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:59 AM »

Oddly enough people like him aren't too uncommon. I recall some guy from New Hampshire in 2004 who was a huge hack for Bush and the Republicans who returned in 2008 as a die-hard Obama supporter throughout the primaries and beyond. And some guy from New York named Pollwatch something that was basically a giant Republican hack in 2004 full of all sorts of anti-Kerry smears who in 2008 was strongly behind Obama. Kind of an interesting phenomenon.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:14 AM »

Anybody think he is being payed by the Obama campaign? That seems like the most plausible explanation.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »

Partisan hacks I can just about deal with, but bipartisan hacks?  Wtf?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 04:36:57 AM »

I feel like he'll get worse.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 06:39:34 AM »

I think the correct description of such people - and they make up a huge share of swingvoters. Torie, just to unfairly single out one man, may be far more intelligent, nondelusional etc, but at bottom he's not so different - is "floating fanboy". Grin
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »

I think the correct description of such people - and they make up a huge share of swingvoters. Torie, just to unfairly single out one man, may be far more intelligent, nondelusional etc, but at bottom he's not so different - is "floating fanboy". Grin
I think BushOK is the actual swing voter that doesn't get all hackish about his candidate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2012, 03:39:37 PM by Torie »

I think the correct description of such people [is ...] - and they make up a huge share of swingvoters. Torie, just to unfairly single out one man, may be far more intelligent, nondelusional etc, but at bottom he's not so different - is "floating fanboy". Grin

I looked at the alternatives, and yes, became a Mittbot, Lewis.  I did have to take a shower though.  I wish he were more spontaneous, and less programmed. One can't have everything.  

Btw, did you leave a thought off where I inserted "is" and then ellipses in your post?  I mean, what is the punch line?  Inquiring minds want to know. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »

I think the correct description of such people [is ...] - and they make up a huge share of swingvoters. Torie, just to unfairly single out one man, may be far more intelligent, nondelusional etc, but at bottom he's not so different - is "floating fanboy". Grin

I looked at the alternatives, and yes, became a Mittbot, Lewis.  I did have to take a shower though.  I wish he were more spontaneous, and less programmed. One can't have everything.  

Btw, did you leave a thought off where I inserted "is" and then ellipses in your post?  I mean, what is the punch line?  Inquiring minds want to know. Smiley
Huh? It's all there. "The correct description of such people is 'floating fanboy'."

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »

I looked at the alternatives, and yes, became a Mittbot, Lewis.  I did have to take a shower though.  I wish he were more spontaneous, and less programmed. One can't have everything. 

The period within the sentence makes it confusing. I think it might be clearer rendered like so:

I think the correct description of such people—and they make up a huge share of swing voters; Torie, just to unfairly single out one man, may be far more intelligent, non-delusional, et cetera, but at bottom he's not so different—is "floating fanboy". Grin
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies