PPP polled 8 dictricts for House Majority PAC (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:33:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  PPP polled 8 dictricts for House Majority PAC (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP polled 8 dictricts for House Majority PAC (D)  (Read 3889 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »

The summary of the results in the eight races:

ILLINOIS 8th District: 32% say Rep. Joe Walsh deserves reelection, his approval rating sits at just 28 percent.  While there are two Democrats in the race against Walsh, PPP tested a generic opponent.  Walsh trails the generic Democrat 49 percent to 35 percent.

IOWA 4th District: 48% say Rep. Steve King deserves reelection, his approval rating is 42 percent.  King leads Democrat Christie Vilsack 49 percent to 43 percent. She leads among independents, 48 percent to 37 percent.

MICHIGAN 1st District: 40% say Rep. Dan Benishek deserves reelection, his approval rating is just 33 percent.  He trails 2010 opponent Gary McDowell 46 percent to 41 percent in a hypothetical re-match.

OHIO 7th District: 37% say Rep. Robert Gibbs deserves reelection, his approval rating is 34 percent.  He's in a virtual dead heat with a generic Democrat, leading 43 percent to 42 percent.

MARYLAND 6th District: 37% say Rep. Roscoe Bartlett deserves reelection, his approval rating is 39 percent.  He runs even with a generic Democratic challenger, tied at 42 percent.

OHIO 16th District: 40% say Rep. Jim Renacci deserves reelection, his approval rating is just 31 percent.  He's tied with incumbent Democratic Rep. Betty Sutton at 46 percent.

COLORADO 3rd District: 39% say Rep. Scott Tipton deserves reelection, his approval rating is 36 percent.  But Tipton leads Democratic challenger Sal Pace 46 percent to 39 percent.

OHIO 6th District: 38% say Rep. Bill Johnson deserves reelection, his approval rating is 32 percent.  Johnson finds himself in a battle with Democratic predecessor Charlie Wilson, leading 42 percent to 41 percent.

Margin of errors after the jump; All polls were conducted between January 18- 23.

In CO-3 569 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-4.1%.

In IA-4 974 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-3.1%.

In IL-8 500 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-4.4%.

In MI-1 867 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-3.3%.

In MD-6 500 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-4.4%.

In OH-6 768 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-3.5%.

In OH-7 693 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-3.7%.

In OH-16 812 registered voters were interviewed with a margin of error of +/-3.4%.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/david-catanese/2012/01/majority-pac-polls-walsh-sinking-king-up-112203.html
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »

Walsh is a goner of course, but the rest look fine.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

Benishek is losing by five and Johnson and Renacci are both tied.  How is that "looking fine"?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »

Benishek is losing by five and Johnson and Renacci are both tied.  How is that "looking fine"?

This is of course cherry picked internal polling.

Michigan 1 has historically given long tenures to its congressmen, and the other 2 are in Republican leaning districts. I don't think anyone with money filed in Gibbs's seat.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »

I also heard that PPP tested Bill Halter against Tim Griffin in AR-02. I haven't seen the actual results though.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »

Keep in mind despite Congress's overall very low approval rating combined with voter dislike of their own Congressman few district's follow through on voting them out of office. And that goes for both parties.

Btw, I'm surprised Bartlett is polling so well, I thought the Dems in MD are gerrymandering his district to make it heavily D?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »

Michigan 1 has historically given long tenures to its congressmen

That's not actually a very good argument for anything.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »

More districts polled (and more complete results from these polls) can be found here.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »

Bartlett's district WAS turned into a heavily D district. I'd be shocked (SHOCKED!) if he somehow manages to win re-election. Once the Dems have an actual candidate, it'll be tough for Roscoe to hold on.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

Please do MN-8 dammit.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 11:13:47 PM »

Bartlett's district WAS turned into a heavily D district. I'd be shocked (SHOCKED!) if he somehow manages to win re-election. Once the Dems have an actual candidate, it'll be tough for Roscoe to hold on.

Problem now is that alot of liberal Democrats are gonna have a hard time voting for John Delaney because of the fact that he gave money to now Congressman Andy Harris in 2010 which came out in the primary.  He won largely on the backing of moderate to conservative Democrats as well as former President Clinton.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »

Problem now is that alot of liberal Democrats are gonna have a hard time voting for John Delaney because of the fact that he gave money to now Congressman Andy Harris in 2010 which came out in the primary.  He won largely on the backing of moderate to conservative Democrats as well as former President Clinton.

If that were true, Delaney wouldn't have won Montgomery County with over 50% of the vote.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »

This was posted in January, we need new polls!  Sad
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »

If that were true, Delaney wouldn't have won Montgomery County with over 50% of the vote.

President Clinton's support carries alot of weight to many Democratic voters.  It also didn't help turnout wasn't exactly high.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »

Problem now is that alot of liberal Democrats are gonna have a hard time voting for John Delaney because of the fact that he gave money to now Congressman Andy Harris in 2010 which came out in the primary. 

I thought that was a false claim by the Garagiola campaign? (Looks up). Ah, I see the false claim was that Delaney gave money to Bob Ehrlich.

Why would anybody give money to Andy Harris? That makes no sense.
hopper
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

Keep in mind despite Congress's overall very low approval rating combined with voter dislike of their own Congressman few district's follow through on voting them out of office. And that goes for both parties.

Btw, I'm surprised Bartlett is polling so well, I thought the Dems in MD are gerrymandering his district to make it heavily D?
No, Its still a swing district at D+2
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies