Vote Clarence- for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Clarence- for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Clarence- for Senate  (Read 934 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »

Hello everyone- I decided to throw my hat in the ring for the Vacant At-Large Senate seat. I am a conservative and have been an active member of the Southeast Legislature and the founder and Vice Chair of the Right to Life League... I have not been around htese parts a long time but I know the lay of the land by this point and would be an active Senator. I will sum up my general ideology-

Foreign affairs/Defense- I believe in intervention if our national securiyt is threatened but I do not support nation building. I may be inclined to intervene in a humanatarian situation and would support a President's decision.   I believe defense is the jurisidiction of the national govt EVERY one can agree upon . I led a renovation of the Southeast Militia as a legislator and understand those issues well.Part of the renovation involved expanding applicable veterans who can apply for benefits

Domestic spending/Economy- I believe in giving power to the people... the government must ALWAYS be able to support those who need it most therefore those who can afford to invest retirement savings privately should be given the option to. I favor school vouchers on both a regional and national scale becuase I believe power should ultimately rest with parents and students- not governments. I sponsored and passed a bill to give the surplus back to the people of the Southeast and I believe that while it is a mighty fine problem to have- that a surplus means we are taxing too much

Social issues- I founded the Right to Life Caucus and stand against abortion except if a mother's life is in danger or rape or incest. I oppose embryonic stem cell research but encourage all others and believe government should commit itself to fighting cancer. I support rights to gays and lesbians including marriage and adoption. The adoption issue is linked to abortion- I would rather have  achild in a loving gay family then aborted

I respect every single one of you and am awed every day by your intelligence... it has made my life more enjoyable to spend time thru the web with you all and I am grateful for your consideration for this office

clarence
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »

I will answer any questions any one has...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:09:14 AM »

You believe abortion is murder?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:14:57 AM »

I would not compare abortion in most cases to a premeditated killing of an innocent person but I do believe a fetus is a person and abortion is killing a person... a tricky situation is dealing with a mother's health. In that case it is choosing which life is more valuable which is a horrible spot to be in. I support laws like passed around the time Laci Peterson was killed whihh punished the murder more as she was with child.  I can not say abortion is murder becuase I have outlined exceptions to my pro life views, while there is no allowance for murder
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »

But having founded a caucus that is a vocal anti-abortion advocacy group, you do intend to act upon your abortion opinions as a legislator. Am I correct?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18:49 AM »

You got my endorsement!
CLA-RENCE FOR SE-NATE!
CLA-RENCE FOR SE-NATE!
CLA-RENCE FOR SE-NATE!
CLA-RENCE FOR SE-NATE!
HOORAY!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 01:24:59 AM »

Thank you Pingvin!

To No Good Napoleon- yes I do. I respect those who do not believe a fetus is a human being and therefore do not believe abortion is taking a life. I disagree but I respect it and find that to be an honest enough view... I do NOT undertsnad those who say that they oppose abortion because it is taking a life but do not want to impose their views on others. If you see abortion as taking a life as I do, it is your responsibility to stop it!  I am not sure if I would prefer a nation wide law consistent with judicial decisions of course or have it become a regional issue but would lean towards nationwide
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 03:52:51 AM »

I endorse you. While Polnut is one of my favourite lefties, I like your platform and dedication to the game. It's time to hand power over to the young Atlasian generation. Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 04:19:58 AM »

Thank you ZuWo for the endorsement andfor  calling me young...Ha!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »

Vote starts at midnight- I would be honored to have your vote
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »

Can't believe I didn't do this yet,

Endorsed!! Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

Thank you very much North Carolina Yankee :-)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:22:29 AM »

I am having my family over later for dinner- just put the shoulder roast in the crock pot- so I wanted to comment now if I don't later...

Thank you all who voted for me and every one who put me 2nd or at least heard me out. As I told Polnut- if I had to get my ass whipped why not by someone as respect as he is on the board? Congratulations to Polnut for the win... not unexpected... and congratulations to Jerseyrules for his campaign

Sure- I got clobbered here, but I enjoyed the conversations with those of you who asked questions and the brief debate we were ablet o have. I write it all the time but you all are very intelligent and welcoming folks and I am glad to ahve found this web community to keep myself sharp instead of going down the road to Senile Town

Back to the Southern Legislature for me to get my school vouchers bill passed

Thanks
clarence
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »

Thanks for putting your candidacy forward, clarence.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:18:54 PM »

Thanks for putting your candidacy forward, clarence.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies