The Great New Jersey Civil Rights Referendum of 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:30:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Great New Jersey Civil Rights Referendum of 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great New Jersey Civil Rights Referendum of 2012  (Read 3715 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »

I will be voting on the gay marriage law in NJ. I support domestic partership benefits for same-sex couples, but marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and children are best raised either with 2 parents of different gender or one parent. I will be voting no.

Are you aware that the weight of credible studies from a range of sources completely disagree with this claim?  Also, do you think we should discourage gay couples from adopting children, even if they're inferior parents (which they're not)?  Tens of thousands of children in this country age out of foster care!

And why aren't straight couples subject to the same strict efficacy tests when getting married?   It's never even really been socially taboo for infertile straight couples to marry, so why do we only start caring about this (invented) norm once gay folks want to get married?

It's just such an untenably bad policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies