2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:53:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73045 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »

Iowa Debate: Brian Sandoval's Responses

1. I must agree with my colleagues and say that the court ruling in favor of President Obama's disastrous healthcare plan tops the list. My friends, we're not just looking at legislation that is unconstitutional, we're looking at a piece of legislation that will have devastating effects for years to come. As the former Attorney General of Nevada, I have taken a strong stand against Obamacare - the entire premise of the bill is simply unconstitutional. It's unfortunate that our nation's highest court made such a dangerous decision, but I can guarantee you, under a Sandoval administration, we're not just going to accept defeat and more on. If I'm elected as your next President, we will get Obamacare repealed once and for all!

2. We've seen it all through his Presidency - President Obama doesn't comment on much simply because he can't confidently defend his record, which is a huge problem. We need a leader who stands by their record, not one who runs away from it. The reason he won in 2012 is because he spent billions of dollars in assassinating Speaker Gingrich's character and his effective use with a teleprompter. It had nothing to do with his actual performance as our President.

We can combat inflation by not printing so much money, first off. Unfortunately, this is an unknown concept for our current administration - their solution to all problems is to just print more money! It is absolutely necessary that we reign in government spending and shrink the size of government, and I look forward to doing that as your next President. Thank you.

3. The first thing I would do in such situation is to say a prayer that all of our troops and innocent people in harm's way may be protected by the hand of God. All options would then be on the table, and I would surround myself with advisers that could assist in weighing the pro's and con's of each option. Finally, I would make a final decision that I believe would be in the best interest's of the American people. Entering another war is not something we want, rather, it is what I consider to be a last-resort. I will do everything possible to keep our men and women in uniform out of harm's way. Thank you.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »

Iowa Debate--Allen West

1. The Supreme Court’s decision on Obamacare and Roe vs Wade were without a doubt the worst decisions made. As President, I would only appoint strict constructionalist judges. People like the late Justice Scalia, for example.

2. Well, the Federal Reserve needs to be looked at it. People like Congressman Paul brought the issue to a forefront over the years, and it became a big issue for the Tea Party, which, by the way, to those in the lame stream media, it does exist still. President Obama just prints and prints money and expects the deficit to heal. Folks, that what I call the definition of insanity, and it needs to end!

3. I have been leading the charge against Iran for years. I will not stand down to those who seek to destroy our allies, such as India and Israel. I would consider a military strike on Iran if any armed action is taken against any allies in the region. If I get that call at 3:00 AM, Irans going to wish they stood down by 3:30 AM.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »

Marco Rubio Debate 1.
1. I view the supreme court's desicion on Obamacare to be the worst case in the last decade. Socialized medicine just increases the size of the government at a time it needs to be smaller and less invasive. You cannot ruin the free- market aspect of insurance it is simply hurting our nation and is making more people depend on the government fom cradle to grave. I have continued to fight against it even in the days following the ruling. Also if I were to appoint someone to the Supreme Court I would make it someone with a good sense of character and honest, true values that our nation desprately needs.

2. For me the answer is simple. Stop making so much money. It is common sense that when you keep pumping money from the government around it hurts prices. President Obama needs to adress this issue and not go around as if its business as usual. People won't have to worry about this if I am president becuase I will reduce government spending and make it more manageable by forcing it to do one of its original purposes such as managing this horrible problem.

3. When I get that call at 3 A.M. I announce the U.S. will take a hard stance against Iran. If it was best for our nation to defend our allies after consulting with generals and other military personel than I would do so or if it is decided it is too risky I would use other measures, not necessarily declaring war but providing support for India.

OOC: Its only for Democrats.

IT'S FOR EVERYONE. When I rate the answers I'll divide it separately between parties.
You never clarified that, no need for caps Wink

I did that for attention purposes, not for yelling via internet purposes lol. I didn't say otherwise, so I thought it was obvious, but whatever. Hopefully everyone will reply, if they don't then I'll extend it til tomorrow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »

Marco Rubio Debate 1.
1. I view the supreme court's desicion on Obamacare to be the worst case in the last decade. Socialized medicine just increases the size of the government at a time it needs to be smaller and less invasive. You cannot ruin the free- market aspect of insurance it is simply hurting our nation and is making more people depend on the government fom cradle to grave. I have continued to fight against it even in the days following the ruling. Also if I were to appoint someone to the Supreme Court I would make it someone with a good sense of character and honest, true values that our nation desprately needs.

2. For me the answer is simple. Stop making so much money. It is common sense that when you keep pumping money from the government around it hurts prices. President Obama needs to adress this issue and not go around as if its business as usual. People won't have to worry about this if I am president becuase I will reduce government spending and make it more manageable by forcing it to do one of its original purposes such as managing this horrible problem.

3. When I get that call at 3 A.M. I announce the U.S. will take a hard stance against Iran. If it was best for our nation to defend our allies after consulting with generals and other military personel than I would do so or if it is decided it is too risky I would use other measures, not necessarily declaring war but providing support for India.

OOC: Its only for Democrats.

IT'S FOR EVERYONE. When I rate the answers I'll divide it separately between parties.
You never clarified that, no need for caps Wink

I did that for attention purposes, not for yelling via internet purposes lol. I didn't say otherwise, so I thought it was obvious, but whatever. Hopefully everyone will reply, if they don't then I'll extend it til tomorrow.
Sorry I misinterpreted you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »

Sandoval Debate Response, Statement directed towards Allen West:

(Regarding to question 1)

Allen, I agree with you 100% - Roe V Wade infringed on state rights, and must be overturned. However, the question was which decision made by the Supreme Court in the past decade do you oppose the most. I would be interested to see if you have the same opinion of myself, Governor Christie, and Senator Rubio's. Thank you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: October 13-19

October 13th: Campaign Rally in Waterloo, Iowa; Townhall in Ceder Falls, Iowa
October 14th: Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ames, Iowa
October 15th: Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Meeting with Entrepreneurs in West Des Moine, Iowa
October 16th: Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs
October 17th: Meet and Greet in Las Vegas, Nevada; Governor Responsibilities
October 19th: Governor Responsibilities

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

Allen West response to Governor Sandoval
Certainly, the, well I think, obvious answer is the Supreme Court’s ruling on Obamacare. It’s downright unconstitutional, and I worked hard in Congress and with Attorney General Pam Bondi to prevent it. Unfortunately, we failed, but we still are going to fight socialized medicine, and we are going to win! This is exactly why, as Governor Perry pointed out four years ago, why we need pro Constitution judges.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for October 13-19

10/13 - Campaign rally in Cedar Falls, Iowa
10/14 - Town Hall meeting in Ames, Iowa
10/15 - Participating in 4K - Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research, in New York
10/16 - Meeting with College Democrats at University of Iowa
10/17 - Town Hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire
10/18 - Tour of a New Hampshire Machinery plan, to advocate for bringing more jobs back to America
10/19 - Fundraising dinner at William Tell Inn in Laconia, New Hampshire

$3 million ad buys kick off in Iowa and New Hampshire this week, thanks to good fundraising numbers.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

Jeb Bush Debate

1) If I may step in...
I believe we are stepping into dangerous territory when we begin criticising the Supreme Court on decisions they made, especially if we seek the office of president.

Do I believe the court has made bad decisions, yes. Do I agree with every decision the court has made, no. But we must be careful not to cross any lines concerning seperation of powers. After all, the President rightly received criticism when he chastised the Supreme Court during a State of the Union Address

As to the type of judges I would appoint, I agree with my colleagues on stage is that I would appoint judges that would rule from a strict-constructionist approach.

2) Congressman West is correct in linking our current rate of inflation with the actions of the Federal Reserve. But, remember, they print money like mad in order to lessen the value of the dollar in order to reduce the value of the debt. Not only should we demand more accountability from the Fed, but also make a concerted effort to reduce our spending so as not to lay the burden of our debt on the Fed.

3) No one can say for sure what they would do if they were in a hypothetical situation until they are.actually in it. I would, however, have already solidified our relations with India before having to go through any such scenario.

What I can assure you is that I have had experience in dealing with crisis situations. I worked with FEMA before, during, and after several hurricanes hit our state.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »

Former Governor Jeb Bush's "Americans for Opportunity" Tour

Coming soon.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

Won't have an update tonight. October 20 to 26 starts at midnight. I'll post new polls and/or narrative tomorrow (definitely narrative).

Everyone has tomorrow to respond to the debate question as well. I could have been more specific about that --sorry.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

I'll have my schedule posted tomorrow morning. I was basically in Iowa all week.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 12 - Oct. 18, 2015)

Monday, October 12th (Nebraska)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Farmhouse Cafe, Omaha, NE
10:30 AM Rally at Omaha Botanical Gardens - Omaha, NE
12:30 PM Lunch with officers from the U.S. Strategic Command - Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue, NE
3:00 PM Speech on "Energy Innovations We Can Achieve Now" - steps of the Nebraska State Capitol, Lincoln, NE

"Let's remember that we can take immediate steps to diversify our sources of energy. While we have made good progress, more can be done if the United States is to become truly energy independent. In this very state, we can build new wind farms and construct power lines that will transmit this electricity to communities throughout the country. The plains have always been known for their wind, let's harness it and put it to work for us!"

6:00 PM Town Hall on "Leading the Future" at Stuhr Museum of the Praire Pioneer, Grand Island, NE
8:30 PM Town Hall and Potluck Dinner at Greeley-Wolbach Senior High School - Greeley, NE

Tuesday, October 13th (Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota)

8:00 AM Town Hall meeting and breakfast at Marina Inn, Conference Center - South Sioux City, NE
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on early-childhood education at Sioux City Public Library - Sioux City, IA
12:00 PM Rally at Island Park - Rock Rapids, IA
2:30 PM Rally at Jackson County Courthouse - Jackson, MN
4:30 PM Town Hall meeting on restoring American manufacturing - Albert Lea, MN
7:00 PM Rally at Hubert Humphrey Metrodome - Minneapolis, MN

"Hello Minneapolis! I'm so excited to be here - in this specific stadium - because I love Hubert Humphrey!(crowd explodes in wild cheers)Vice-President Humphrey was a great American and a great Minnesotan! He was the founder of the progressive movement in this country and we honor his legacy tonight! (crowd cheers)He believed in a strong America, but an America that did not neglect the least of its citizens to accommodate its most well-off. Our movement seeks to inherit this vision of America and claim it as significant and relevant to the present day! Let's keep the vision alive! Let's unite a strong America once again!

9:00 PM Fundraising dinner with Midwestern major donors - Axel's restaurant, Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, October 14th (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and New York)

9:00 AM Rally at Wisconsin State Capitol - Madison, WI
11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
2:00 PM Rally at Chauncey Hurlbut Memorial Gate - Detroit, MI

"We must rebuild the urban landscape of industrial America. The Midwest has been especially hard-hit by the past recession, but has also been in deep trouble since the 1970s. In order to make sure that Detroit re-emerges as a major economic force in the years and decades ahead, we must make sure that we are re-organizing the city. We cannot allow vacant lots to lie around unused, while only 2/3 of the city's dwellings remain inhabited. If re-organization is to take place, it should happen at the local level and should not be hampered by either the state or the federal bureaucracy. If Detroit is willing to put the planning and resources into rebuilding its cityscape, as  President I will provide it will at the resources I can to facilitate its goals."

4:00 PM Rally at Cleveland City Hall - Cleveland, OH
6:30 PM Rally at Lafayette Square - Buffalo, NY
9:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with Upstate donors - Lento restaurant, Rochester, NY

Thursday, October 15th (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Littleton Diner, Littleton, NH
9:30 AM Visit to Chutters Candy Store - Littleton, NH
11:00 AM Town Hall meeting at White Mountains Regional High School - Whitefield, NH
12:30 PM Potluck and Meet and Greet - Jefferson Fire Department, Jefferson, NH
2:00 PM Press conference on the Appalachian Trail - Gorham, NH

...answering a reporter's question on President Obama's appointment of Richard C. Tallman to the Supreme Court...

"From what I know of Judge Tallman, he is an experienced and well-respected jurist of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. I look forward to learning more about Judge Tallman and I have already scheduled a personal meeting with him next week. I hope that the confirmation process can move forward expeditiously and with the desire to appoint the most qualified jurists to the highest law in our land. This is not an issue where gamesmanship should play a role, the Senate has work ahead that it must attend to and not dance around as is unfortunately often the case."

4:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Errol Consolidated Elementary School - Errol, NH
6:00 PM Dinner with local residents - The Balsams Grand Resort, Dixville Notch, NH
8:00 PM Dinner with local residents - The Colebrook House, Colebrook, NH

Friday, October 16th (Vermont and New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Jesse's Little Kitchen, Brighton, VT
9:00 AM Rally at Island Pond Public Library - Brighton, VT
11:30 AM Speech on "The Supreme Court's Constitutional Role" - Caledonia Superior Court, St. Johnsbury, VT
1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Anthony's Diner, St. Johnsbury, VT
3:30 PM Speech on "Health Reform: Progress We Must Continue" - Speare Memorial Hospital, Plymouth, NH

"While the Affordable Care act went a long way in insuring that the highest of Americans in history and insured, we have much progress to make. Premiums are too high, and paperwork abundant. We must streamline the healthcare system by encouraging providers to digitize patient records so that they are available to a network of care providers. Take Speare Memorial, for example, this hospital has cut overhead costs by 30% simply by getting rid of costly paper records and replacing them with digital equivalents. In so doing, the cost of providing care has gone down while the quality of care has remained high. We must ensure that this model can be used throughout the nation."

5:00 PM Rally at Fox Park - Laconia, NH
7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Shibley's at the Pier, Alton Bay, NH

Saturday, October 17th (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Dons Diner, Farmington, NH
10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Henry Wilson Memorial School - Farmington, NH
1:00 PM Rally at Rochester Common - Rochester, NH

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Support the movement I am leading and I promise you that though the journey will be difficult and the adversities many to overcome, we will overcome them and we will emerge stronger and lead our country into the brighter days that can and must await!"

3:00 PM Town Hall Meeting at Roger Allen Sports Facility - Rochester, NH
5:00 PM Visit to the Woodman Institute Museum - Dover, NH
6:30 PM Speech on "Rebuilding Tomorrow's Infrastructure" - Dover Amtrak Station, Dover, NH

Sunday, October 18th (New Hampshire and Massachusetts)

9:00 Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Bagelry, Durham, NH
10:30 Town Hall Meeting at University of New Hampshire - Durham, NH
1:00 PM Speech on "Rebuilding America's Future: Where We're From" - Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
3:30 PM Speech on "Repubilding America's Future: Where We're Going" - Phillips Academy Andover, Andover, MA
5:30 PM Major Rally at Boston Common - Boston, MA (10-15,000 attendees expected)
7:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with major New England donors - Rialto restaurant, Boston, MA

NOTE: The Gillibrand Campaign has released its first ad of the cycle (entitled "Leading the Future") in the early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina. The ad buy is worth ~ $7.5 million.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »

When do you want the debates by?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:13 PM »

By 11:59pm EST on February 2nd
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »

Late Paul Ryan Debate responses:
1) I would only appoint conservative judges to SCOTUS. No to "compromisers".
2) To fight inflation we should cut the unnecessary programms like Medicare and Medicaid.
3) I would not send our boys to death if two other countries are trrying to destroy each other.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 12:25:29 PM by sirnick »

Sorry for the late update.

Polling for the beginning of this week (October 20 through 27)

National

Republicans

Bush: 18%
Christie: 13%
Rubio: 13%
Sandoval: 12%
West: 9%
Huntsman: 9%
Ryan: 6%

Democrats

Gillibrand: 20%
Emanuel: 20%
Cuomo: 18%
MacCaskill: 14%
O'Malley: 11%
Newsom: 9%

South Carolina

Republicans

Christie: 18%
Bush: 17%
Rubio: 14%
West: 11%
Sandoval: 10%
Ryan: 9%

Democrats

Cuomo: 18%
MacCaskill: 17%
Gillibrand: 14%
O'Malley: 8%
Emanuel: 7%
Newsom: 2%

New Hampshire

Republicans

Christie: 19%
Huntsman: 18%
Bush: 18%
Rubio: 12%
Ryan: 7%
Sandoval: 5%
West: 3%

Democrats:

Cuomo: 23%
Emanuel: 15%
Gillibrand: 15%
Newsom: 10%
O'Malley: 7%
MacCaskill: 5%

Tomorrow will include how you did in the debate. Not participating in the debates is going to equate to a last place performance since I gave 2 days for it.

Narrative:

On October 22nd, 2015 we saw India make its first airstrikes on Iranian military sites. Irans military was poised ready to strike back but has not yet. The UN along with NATO are pushing Iran and India not to engage each other but it seems futile. Pakistani officials are worried that India will try to pass through their territory or simply come for them next. Pakistan is beginning to saber rattle and pushing Afghanistan to choose sides if a war between Pakistan and India were to break out.

On October 23rd, Iran retaliated the airstrikes with several missiles being fired at targets in India which miss their targets and hit civilian areas. While India called its own strikes "preemptive" they have called the Iranian artillery bombardment an act of war. India has demanded that Pakistan grant its troop access or India says it "has other means to take care of Iran."

In the United States, President Obama has been turned down by both sides to handle negotiations. His approval this week, drops to 40%.

Cape & trade goes back to the floor of both houses and it passes in the Senate while failing in the House. Afterwards the President calls Congress "broken."  Speaker John Boehner calls the President's leadership "broken" not the Congress in response.

The President's nominee for the Supreme Court will be voted on in November.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »

OOC: India and Iran do not share a border, so I must of missed something earlier. Has India taken over a part of Pakistan?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2012, 05:52:16 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 05:54:54 PM by sirnick »

OOC: India and Iran do not share a border, so I must of missed something earlier. Has India taken over a part of Pakistan?

Sh*t I've been playing too much Hearts of Iron/Arsenal of Democracy. I'll go back and fix that narrative a bit.

(There is a full update on the previous page!)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

Marco Rubio 10/20-27

10/20 South Carolina
       Speech in Myrtle Beach
       Rally in Columbia
       Dinner in Columbia

10/21 South Carolina
       Rally in Charleston
       Speech in Charleston
       Speech in Greenville

10/22 New Hampshire
       Rally in Concord
       Speech in Concord
       Dinner in Concord

10/23 Iowa
       Rally in Des Moines
       Speech in Cedar Rapids
       Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids
       Appearance on Hannity

10/24 Iowa
       Rally in Ames
       Speech in Sioux City
       Rally in Sioux City
       Meet and greet in Des Moines

Quotes: The president is saying Congress in broken. One of America's greatest institutions. No, Mr. President it is clear that the Presidency is broken. Not only have your peacemaking measures failed but you continue to shove your big-government policy down our throats. Until we realize this President has failed our nation will face more and more problems.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »

Jon Huntsman

On the campaign trail, I have spoken often about the need to fix not only our nation’s economic deficit, but also our deficit of trust and unity.

America is more divided than ever, and for our nation to move forward together with new leadership and unite, the Republican Party must first unite.

Today I am ending my campaign and supporting the candidate who is best-equipped to defeat the president and return conservative leadership to the White House: Governor Jeb Bush.

To our many supporters and volunteers, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Mary Kaye and I are equally humbled and amazed at the outpouring of support we’ve received from friends and complete strangers.

Today our campaign for the presidency ends, but our campaign to build a better and brighter America continues.

We will continue to fight for a tax code that unleashes opportunity rather than stifles it; an energy policy that ends our addiction to foreign oil; congressional term limits; education reform that prepares our kids for the 21st Century; and financial reform that protects taxpayers from future bailouts.

Over the last six months, I have seen the best of America. I’ve seen it in the spirit of our entrepreneurs, the courage of our veterans, and the unyielding optimism of our young people. I saw it in China 10,000 miles away, meeting with dissidents who had been tortured and beaten, but who drew strength from our nation's values -- our openness, our freedoms.

Half a world away, they could see America's light. That is the power our country still represents.

I will never stop fighting for America, and I will continue to put her welfare first, ahead of any partisan or special interest.

I am unshaken in my belief that with the right leadership, we can move forward together, and ensure that America’s light shines bright for generations and generations to come.

God bless you, and God bless America.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 09:42:50 PM by NHI »

Christie Schedule: October 20 - October 31

20: Rally in Reno, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Appearance on Hannity
21: Rally in Waterloo, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA
22: Rally in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Rally in Greenville, SC
23: Rally in Orlando, FL, Townhall in Jacksonville, FL, Townhall in Tampa
24: Townhall in Berlin, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
25: Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Rochester, NH, Rally in Machester, NH
26: Rally in Mason City, IA, Townhall in Burlington, IA, Townhall in Council Bluffs, IA
27: Appearance on Good Morning America, Appearance on the Today Show, Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Clinton, IA
28: Appearance on Morning Joe, Appearance on The View, Appearance on The Sean Hannity Show, Fundraiser in NYC, Appearance on AC360
29: Townhall in Derry, NH, Townhall in Raymond, NH, Townhall in Conway, NH, Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor  
30: Rally in Manchester, NH, Rally in Concord, NH, House Party in Rye, NH
31: Appearance on Today, Breakfast in Greenland, NH, Townhall in Nottingham, NH, Townhall in Londonderry, NH, Midnight Rally in Des Moines, IA

"I feel the energy, I see the momentum building. We're going to win the nomination and the election! America has had eight years of failure, it's time again for real leadership. America is still a great country, but we can make her greater, by bringing her back from the decline." -- Gov. Chris Christie in Berlin, NH

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »

Jeb Bush on Senator Huntsman's Endorsement

We greatly appreciate Senator Huntsman's Endorsement of the former governor. A true patriot, Huntsman was willing to serve any administration in the service of his country. We pray that God.would continue.to bless God and Mary Kaye, as well as his wonderful family.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

Excerpts from Governor Andrew Cuomo's Special Press Conference on the India/Iran Conflict

I know campaigning isn't the first thing on everyone's mind today, but politics do march on. However, some things are above politics. A good friend of the United States, the Republic of India, is in the beginning of what could be a prolonged conflict with Iran. I, like all Americans, am praying for peace. But if the security of India is threatened, I know they will do what is needed. And I know that this nation will assist them in that struggle if needed. We are all hoping for a speedy resolution to this conflict, but there is the chance that this crisis will be inherited by one of the candidates who is running to succeed President Obama. I know this President, and I know that he will never commit our troops to a conflict without the most careful consideration. But I also know that he will not stand idly by while an ally is threatened. This is a time to trust in our President, and present a united front as a nation.

Governor Cuomo's Campaign schedule for 10/20-10/26

10/20 - Press conference on Iran/India Conflict in Albany, New York

10/21 - Big-ticket Fundraiser at Kutsher's Restaurant in Tribeca, speech on Mideast Policy

10/22 - Speech on Environmental Policy at Sierra Club branch in Des Moines, Iowa

10/23 - Bus Tour of Iowa's farm country, ending with a rally in Odebolt, Iowa

10/24 - Speech on Unemployment rate and jobs program in Reno, Nevada.

10/25 - Rally in Richmond, Virginia, with a focus on ending corruption in DC.

10/26 - Speech on Education policy in Manchester, New Hampshire, in support of competitive funds for school improvement.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

McCaskill's Schedule-October 20th to October 26th

10/20: Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA; Meet and Greet in Bettendorf, IA
10/21: Meet and Greet in Ankeny, IA; Meet and Greet in West Des Moines, IA
10/22: Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, IA, Meet and Greet Press Conference in Des Moines, IA

With the information coming in, Senator McCaskill deviated from her planned stump speech for a press conference on the sudden military action.

"As we all have worried, push has come to shove in South Asia. Though the circumstances of the early military conflict are still not fully clear, we do know that war has begun. If that is the case, I pray for this conflict to end as soon as possible with as few casualties as possible. Moreover, I hope that if the United States does come to the aid of the Indian government, it will be with the utmost caution. With us will be the lessons learned from past conflicts. We should not put our men and women in uniform on the ground under any imaginable circumstances. Instead, I hope we would follow the lessons of the success in Libya, where we used precision air strikes to cripple their government without American loss of life. However, these are hypotheticals. What first must be done is for the United States to engage in diplomacy with both our friend and our foe to end this conflict as soon as possible."

10/23: Meet and Greet in Charleston, SC; Meet and Greet in Myrtle Beach, SC
10/24: Meet and Greet in Rock Hill, SC; Meet and Greet in Greenville, SC; Meet and Greet in North Charleston, SC
10/25: Meet and Greet in Charleston, SC; Meet and Greet in Columbia, SC
10/26: Meet and Greet in Jacksonville, FL; Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL

OOC: You know which two states are my top priorities. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies