2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:28:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73036 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
« edited: February 03, 2012, 11:26:16 PM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 19 - Oct. 26, 2015)

Monday, October 19th (Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Snoopy's Diner, Providence, RI
10:30 AM Speech on "Educational Freedoms: Now and Then" - Brown University, Providence, RI
1:00 PM Rally at New Jersey State Capitol - Trenton, NJ

"We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! We may be white, latino, black, native american; christian, jewish, or muslim, but we are AMERICANS first and foremost. And this tie that unites us is far larger than those that divide us. And woe to those that do seek to divide us based on our ethnicity, our religion, or our race because history will judge them in the same way that it has all divisive movements: as failures. Ultimately, it is our responsibility to overcome such divisive rhetoric and return this country to the People rather than to the parties!"

3:00 PM Rally at Philadelphia Museum of Art - Philadelphia, PA
5:00 PM Rally at Rodney Square - Wilmington, DE
6:15 PM Interviews with WDEL 1150-AM, WVUD 91.3 FM, and WHYY-TV - Wilmington, DE
8:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Baltimore City College - Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, October 20th (Washington D.C. and Virginia)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform - University of Maryland, College Park, MD
11:30 AM Meeting with Justice Richard C. Tallman to discuss nomination to the United States Supreme Court - Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.
1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - BGR The Burger Joint, Alexandria, VA
3:30 PM Rally at Robert E. Lee Monument - Richmond, VA
5:00 PM Tour of the Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA
6:15 PM Press conference outside Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA

...answering a reporter's question on the confrontation between India and Iran...

"The most important thing the United States can do at the moment is to show strength and to support our ally India. I am not referring to an outright military role for the United States, rather, I am referring to the logistical support the United States should provide its allies in such situations. Most of all, we should make sure that our troops are safe and on high alert. I trust President Obama's judgment during this time of great uncertainty and I am confident that he and the Joint Chiefs of Staff will handle the situation very well."

7:30 PM Dinner with officers and men of the USS Harry S. Truman - Norfolk Naval Base, Norfolk, VA

Wednesday, October 21st (North Carolina and South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Flying Biscuit Cafe, Raleigh, NC
9:30 AM Speech on "Strengthening America's Rail Network" - Raleigh Amtrak Station, Raleigh, NC

"Raleigh's Amtrak station is the third busiest station in the Southeast and the busiest in North Carolina with over 300,000 passengers annually. This is because Raleigh is a centrally-located dynamic city with a vibrant economy. Amtrak has a long track record - pun intended (crowd laughs) of proving high-quality service across this great country. However, I think more can be done and I want to make a bold proposal today. If I am elected President, I will auction off expansion of Amtrak's rail lines to private companies who wish to provide additional service - whether passenger or freight. In this way, not only can we spur innovation by creating competition, we can also use the revenues to expand our rail lines and pay down the national debt."

11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at Guilford College - Greensboro, NC
2:30 PM Rally at Duke Energy Center - Charlotte, NC
4:00 PM Visit to NASCAR Hall of Fame - Charlotte, NC
5:30 PM Rally at Winthrop Coliseum - Rock Hill, SC
8:00 PM Town Hall meeting on economic innovation at Chester County Library - Chester, SC

Thursday, October 22nd (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Union House Family Restaurant, Union, SC
9:30 AM Visit to Wallace Thomson Hospital - Union, SC
11:00 AM Speech on "The Necessity of Cap-and-Trade" - Whitmire , SC (Sumter National Forest)

"Cap-and-Trade is meant as a way that we can take control of the emissions we are creating, rather than standing idly by. In such a way we can be pro-active rather than re-active to carbon and pollutant emissions and find yet another way to LEAD rather than to follow. Our campaign is all about Leading the Future and that's why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of the Senate version of the cap-and-trade bill so that we can lead in the fight against pollution. Only through such concrete steps can we even hope to preserve such places as Sumter National Forest."

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Summers Restaurant, Newberry, SC
2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Newberry College - Newberry, SC
4:30 PM Speech on "Restoring Health Care to America: Let's Start Here" - old BJ Workman Hospital, Woodruff, SC
6:00 PM Rally at Fluor Field at the West End - Greenville, SC
7:30 PM Dinner with small donors - TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC

Friday, October 23rd (Tennessee)

Day of Rest - Gatlinburg, TN (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)

Saturday, October 24th (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Pot Belly Deli, Clemson, SC
10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Clemson University, Clemson, SC
12:00 PM Rally at site of old Westpoint Stevens Plant - Seneca, SC

"You don't see many politicians in this part of the state do you?! (crowd yells "no") Well, I want to visit towns like Seneca all across this state and this country because I want to hear your voices. I want you to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream. Your stories inspire my campaign because I know that many of you have worked so hard all your lives only to be frustrated by what appears to be the forces of government conspiring against you. That's why, as President, I will veto any tax break to companies that ship American jobs over seas or any tax break that lowers the tax rates for millionaires and billionaires while leaving the Middle Class out to dry. Let's retake America and reclaim the American Dream!

2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at Anderson Civic Center - Anderson, SC
4:30 PM Meeting with members of the Upper Greenwood Development Corporation - Greenwood, SC
6:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Old Edgefield Grill, Edgefield, SC

Sunday, October 25th (South Carolina and Georgia)

9:00 AM Appearance on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos - via video-stream, Columbia, SC

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator, you are quickly gaining ground in the national polls for the Democratic nomination and I'm sure that makes you feel good. To what do you credit your success?

GILLIBRAND: Well, I think my message is resonating with the American people, not just Democrats, but Republicans and Independents. My campaign is about bridging the differences among Americans so that we can restore the American Dream - the central tenet of my campaign. I think this theme appeals to Americans of all walks of life because it strikes a chord with what Americans expect from their country: not necessarily equality of results, but equality of opportunity to the extent that it can exist. The Middle Class seems to always get the short end of the economic stick because Washington politicians are more focused with protecting tax breaks and favors for their pet industries rather than standing on the side of the American people. I think government has a role to play when it comes to supporting middle class aspirations in this country and in making sure that the deck isn't stacked against those who work hard but don't necessarily have the connections. To this end, government should empower the people by ensuring that they have the possibility to empower themselves. That's our message and that's what the American people believe.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do you think this message will work in the general election?

GILLIBRAND: George, this message will WIN the general election.

11:00 AM Rally at Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC
2:00 PM Visit to the South Carolina Artisan Center - Walterboro, SC
4:00 PM Rally at Jasper County Courthouse - Ridgeland, SC
6:00 PM Rally at Forsyth Park - Savannah, GA
7:30 PM Fundraising Dinner with Georgia donors - Moon River Brewing Company, Savannah, GA

morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:01 PM »

Martin O'Malley vents his spleen.....

"What the **** is going on in Congress. Pass the ****ing cap-and-trade bill you ****ers. Do you want your children to have dolphins on their doorsteps?"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »

October 27 - November 2, 2015 starts now

Later in the day:

Polls
Narrative
More Iowa/New Hampshire Endorsements
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:16 AM »

Announcements from the Bush Campaign
Beginning November 1, we will purchase two ad buys in Iowa, touting the former governor's record and his vision to restore opportunity to all Americans.

We will also make several campaign appearances in New Hampshire with Senator Huntsman, who will also serve as the campaign's chief foriegn policy advisor. We welcome his advise and his experience in formulating our foriegn policy platfom.

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »

October 27 - Rally in Waterloo, IA
October 28 - Lunch in Cedar Rapids, IA
October 29 - Rally in Charleston, SC
October 30 - Rally in Charlotte, SC
October 31 - Fundraiser in Concord, NH
November 1, 2 - break
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2012, 01:58:54 AM »

Marco Rubio 10/27-11/2

10/27 Iowa
       Speech in Des Moines
       Rally in Sioux City
       Fundraiser in Ames
       Appearance on Rock Center

10/28 South Carolina
      Rally in Columbia
      Speech at Myrtle Beach
      Fundraiser in Charleston

10/29 New Hampshire
     Speech in Concord
     Meet and Greet in Dixville Notch
    Speech at St. Anslem's College

10/30 Maine/ Vermont
     Speech in Augusta
     Rally in Montpelier
     Dinner in Montpelier

10/31 Florida
    Speech in Ft. Lauderdale
    Speech in Miami
    Trick-or-Treats with his kids

11/1 Rest

11/2 Appears in Meet the Press
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:30 AM »

Martin O'Malley is continuing his 50-state tour, ftr.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »

McCaskill's Schedule--10/27-11/2

10/27: Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA; Meet and Greet in Waterloo, IA
10/28: Meet and Greet in Sioux City, IA; Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA
10/29: Meet and Greet in Davenport, IA; Campaign rally for Jack Conway in Lexington, KY (running for Governor)
10/30: Meet and Greet in Grand Rapids, MI; Meet and Greet in Detroit, MI
10/31: Rest
11/1: Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, IA; Town Hall in Davenport, IA
11/2: Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA, Fundraiser in Chicago, IL
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 07:04:13 PM by sirnick »

Please see SignUp/Rules thread. We might make "one week" into two days IRL just to give people more time to respond etc, wanted your thoughts on it.

Headlines this week

New York Post: RICHARD SIMMONS ENDORSES O'MALLEY

New York Times: Huntsman Out, Bush Up!

Drudge Report: IRAN/PAKISTAN v. INDIA?

Wall Street Journal: Afghan Government in turmoil as pressure mounts

Debate:

In the Democratic debate we saw great performances by Gillibrand, Cuomo, MacCaskill and Emanuel but Gillibrand stood on top when polls came out after the debate followed by Cuomo, Emanuel and MacCaskill, respectively. Governor O'Malley was rated the worst performance with Governor Newsom skipping the debate entirely.

In the Republican debate we saw Governor Bush try to distinguish himself from the field but the audience felt that Sandoval beat the field with Christie coming in second and Bush third. People were the most evenly split with Rubio, no one being particularly impressed or unsatisfied with his performance followed by Congressman West. Senator Ryan did not show up to the debate.

Post Debate Iowa Polls

*Note these incorporate Huntsman's endorsement as well

Republicans:

Sandoval: 22%
Bush: 22%
Christie: 21%
West: 12%
Rubio: 11%
Ryan: 3%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 25%
Emanuel: 21%
MacCaskill: 20%
Cuomo: 18%
Newsom: 3%
O'Malley: 1%

Post Debate National Polls:

Republican:

Bush: 25%
Sandoval: 16%
Christie: 15%
Rubio: 14%
West: 8%
Ryan: 2%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 23%
Emanuel: 21%
Cuomo: 20%
MacCaskill: 14%
O'Malley: 8%
Newsom: 5%

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »

Jeb Bush Press Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

On Recent Surge

For the first in the campaign, we are tied for first in Iowa, and enjoy a substantial lead, outside the margin of error, nationally. We believe our message of economic, social, and educational opportunity is resonating with the electorate.

We are not taking for this granted: we are more committed than ever to improving our ground game and spreading our message in Iowa and New Hampshire. We're confident that we can win both States.

I will take questions.

Reporter 1: Here in Iowa, you are tied with Governor Sandoval. Do you have any thing to say concerning him?

Jeb: Only that he is perhaps one of the best governors that Nevada ever had. He has provided competent leadership for a state that has suffered the most from the President's failed economic policies. America could use a man like him.

Reporter 2: So far, you have failed to present a clear foriegn policy. You didn't even answer the

Jeb: Hold it. In regards to my answer to the debate question, I am not willing to answer any hypothetical scenario regarding a crisis. No one knows how he would act in any crisis situation until he is in it. Now I've dealt with crisis situation in the past, but even that doesn't fully prepare you for dealing with what could be a major conflict.

I have stated that I believe we need to deepen our ties with India. Not only as a trading partner, but also as an ally on the war against terrorism. But even then, I don't know how that would effect my decesion as commander-in-chief. By then, I would know more in military and diplomatic intelligence to make the best decision.

Reporter 3:  Although your chief rival as of now is Sandoval, do you think that Christie might be the largest threat to your lead?

Jeb: No one is a "threat." As I have said, both Christie and Sandoval are competent governors who would ne great presidents. What I'm trying to do is to convince the American people that I'm the best one to lead the party.

Thank you very much.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Schedule for 10/28 - 11/2

10/27 - A town-hall meeting geared towards students (although admission is open) at the University of New Hampshire

10/28 - At a rally in Charleston, South Carolina, Governor Cuomo announces a listening tour to areas of the US that are hard-hit by unemployment and the flight of industry from the country.

10/29 - Listening Tour of Flint, Michigan, to discuss the state of the auto industry and plans for a federal tax rebate for American-made cars.

10/30 - Rally in Los Angeles, California with a focus on job creation, hiring incentives for corporations, increasing financial aid for college, and funding career counseling in high school and college.

"There's a lot of people out there who are saying Government is the enemy. Well, that's not the case. We don't need less government, what we need is smart government. We need to cut out redundancies, save money, and put that money where it's needed. And I can't think of any better place than in helping equip our high school and college graduates to find jobs!"

10/31 - Return to Albany for Halloween festivities, day off with family

11/1 - Town hall meeting in Ames, Iowa

11/2 - Appearance on Meet the Press, discussing education and economic proposals.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2012, 12:35:15 AM »

Governor Sandoval Press Conference: Des Moine, Iowa - October 27th

Thank you all for being here. I'll open the floor to questions.

Governor Sandoval, how do you feel about the debate, as well as poll numbers?

I'm feeling confident - I think we had an excellent debate last week, and I congratulate all candidates on a job well done.

Our campaign is surging, no doubt. More and more Americans are believing in our message - they're ready for a conservative, competent leader who has the experience needed to be our next President. I firmly believe I'm best equipped in our party to not only beat Democrats in November 2016, but also to be an effective President.

Was that some sort of dig at your rivals, Governor?

Absolutely not. We have our differences, and I'm sure some of those will be highlighted in future debates. I think we have a strong array of candidate's in this field, and any one of them will be an improvement to our current incompetent administration.

How do you feel about your chances in Iowa?

We're going to win Iowa - our campaign is focused heavily on Iowa, and I'm very grateful for the surrogating your governor, Kim Reynolds, is doing for me. We're at the top of the polls here, and I hope it stays that way.

We're also looking to compete in New Hampshire as well - I will be traveling there later this week to campaign in the Granite State. As I've said all along, this is a 50-state strategy. We're going to challenge every state, and I believe we can win every state.

What are your plans this week?
Today and tomorrow I will be touring Iowa, as I have been for the past few weeks. On Wednesday my family and I will be flying to New Hampshire, where we'll stay until Friday. Friday afternoon I have to fly back to Nevada to work on some responsibilities as Governor. I realize this may put me behind some of my opponents, who are campaigning non-stop, but I was elected by Nevada to serve as their Governor, and until I'm elected President, that'll be my main responsibility.

Thank you, and God Bless.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »

Starting today (Saturday Feb 4) each "week" will be two of our calendar days, IRL.

So, Saturday and Sunday are November 3 through 9.

Sorry that I didn't get the New Hampshire endorsements out earlier. I promise I'll get them out Saturday.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 26 - Nov. 1, 2015)

Monday, October 26th (Florida)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Palaca Saloon, Fernandina Beach, FL
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act - Fernandina Beach High School, Fernandina Beach, FL
11:30 AM Rally at Veterans Memorial Arena - Jacksonville, FL

"HELLO Jacksonville!!! How are you today?! (crowd cheers) Are you ready to turn this country around? (crowd cheers) Are you ready to rebuild the foundations of the American Dream?! (crowd goes wild) The journey begins here. We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! Just like Jacksonville, this country is full of diverse peoples, faiths and politics; yet we must remember that these things are secondary to our shared identity as Americans. Too often politicians divide us into groups to win elections. My campaign isn't about wedge issues, and it isn't about winning elections, it's about YOU! Because you started this movement and you will help lead it! I'm counting on your support and I'm eager to hear your ideas on how to restore America's promise!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, Jacksonville, FL
3:00 PM Rally at Youngs Park - Lake City, FL
5:30 PM Rally at Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL
7:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Escambia High School - Pensacola, FL
8:30 PM Dinner with officers of the 344th Military Intelligence Battalion - Corry Station Naval Technical Training Center - Myrtle Grove, FL

Tuesday, October 27th (Alabama and Mississippi)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Mobile Civic Center - Mobile, AL
11:30 AM Rally at Oak Park - Montgomery, AL
2:00 PM Speech on renewing America's rail infrastructure - Union Station, Meridian, MS

"Meridian has historically been a hub of rail traffic in the South and we must make sure that it continues to be. Norfolk Southern continues to operate regular freight service and Amtrak provides passenger service to connect the cities of the South. Let's make sure that in our America such a great American enterprise - the railroad doesn't fall by the wayside and is abandoned in favor of more polluting alternatives. Let's make sure that America can once again lead in this industry and it begins here in Meridian!"

4:30 PM Rally at Mississippi State Capitol - Jackson, MS
6:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Callaway High School - Jackson, MS
7:30 PM Fundraising dinner with Major Mississippi and Louisiana donors - Char restaurant, Jackson, MS

Wednesday, October 28th (Oklahoma and Colorado)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Beverly's Pancake House, Oklahoma City, OK
9:30 AM Rally at Woodson Park - Oklahoma City, OK

"Am I the first national politician to visit Oklahoma City? (crowd cheers) I think so! Honestly, I don't understand because not only do you have great food - I mean I just had these amazing pancakes on the other end of town - but you also don't bite! (crowd laughs) In all seriousness, I think that too often politicians running for President stick by their playbook and visit the first four states exclusively. I have a message for them: there are 46 other states!!![/i] (crowd cheers) Visiting a multiplicity of states is about hearing people's perspectives from all of America's walks of life and I'm here in Oklahoma to do just that! This campaign is different because it throws out the conventional playbook and relies on the people to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream and to LEAD THE FUTURE! I plan to stick around and I'll see you back here when we're duking it out with the Republican nominee in the fall!"

12:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Seiling Elementary School - Seiling, OK
2:30 PM Rally at Cimarron County Courthouse - Boise City, OK
4:00 PM Rally at Pueblo County Courthouse - Pueblo, CO
6:30 PM Rally at Colorado State Capitol - Denver, CO
8:00 PM Dinner with small donors - Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO

Thursday, October 29th (Nevada)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Maple Tree, Las Vegas, NV
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the importance of higher education - College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV

...answering a student's question about community colleges...

"I'm glad you bring up this issue, Greg, because community colleges are an important vertebra in the backbone of industry which is America's higher education system. Community colleges provide an education not just to young students such as yourself, but also to those who wish to earn a degree when they are in their forties or fifties. This is particularly useful because a high school education is often not enough to land a good paying job in this country. I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to attend college - whether public, private, or community - because we need to remain competitive in our education standards in this country. We should make sure that the cost of college tuition remains fully tax-deductible and create larger programs to incentivize enrollment in a two-year college program."

11:00 AM Rally at Las Vegas City Hall - Las Vegas, NV
1:00 PM Rally at Nevada State Capitol - Carson City, NV
3:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Damonte Ranch High School - Reno, NV
4:30 PM Rally at Reno City Hall - Reno, NV
7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Harrah's Steakhouse - Reno, NV

Friday, October 30th (California)

8:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Mama's, San Francisco, CA
10:00 AM Rally at Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

"My administration will not rest until our veterans, our children, our friends, and our neighbors are all able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country provides. We will fight hard to pass fair, comprehensive, and real immigration reform and make sure - that through the DREAM Act and other legislation - no child of undocumented immigrants need fear that he or she will not get a chance to pursue the American Dream. We will not settle for anything less than marriage equality - in deed and in name. We will support our veterans and make sure that they are taken care of and honored, not faced with a choice between an unemployment line and another war. There shouldn't be TWO AMERICAS and there won't be under my administration!"

12:00 PM Fundraising lunch with major donors - The Fairmont, San Francisco, CA
2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at University of California, Irvine - Irvine, CA
5:00 PM Rally at Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles, CA
8:00 PM Private reception with major donors - The Getty Center, Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, October 31st (Iowa and New York)

8:30 AM Visit to Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
10:00 AM Rally at Iowa State Fairgrounds - Des Moines, IA
12:30 PM Town Hall Meeting on the Dream Act at the University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA

"These young scholars and soldiers want only to give back to their community and we should do our utmost to keep them withing it. We want to make sure that every one of these young people can become American citizens so join me here today - in a state that was founded on the diversity of its pioneering immigrants - in making a commitment to passing this bill. As president, I will not rest until this legislation reaches my desk because I know that this great nation will remain great only if it invests in its young people and lives up to its great pluralistic heritage."

2:00 PM Town Hall Meeting at the Islamic Center of Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids, IA
3:30 PM Rally at St. Mercy College - Cedar Rapids, IA
7:30 PM Trick-or-Treating with Theodore and Henry Gillibrand - Brunswick, NY

Sunday, November 1st (New Hampshire)

9:00 AM Speech on "Leading America's Future" - Benedictine Park, Bedford, NH

"Why wants to win Bedford this fall? (crowd cheers) This election isn't about party, it's a choice between maintaining the status quo and restoring the American Dream. We must do our utmost to restore the vision of the Founders: that each American have the opportunity to advance himself and his family. This is a movement of the multitude because we are not divided groups, we are ONE, SINGLE, group: we are AMERICANS! We can do it! But we can only do it together!"

11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at Exeter High School - Exeter, NH
1:30 PM Rally at Rochester Opera House - Rochester, NH
3:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Pinkerton Academy - Derry, NH
5:00 PM Appearing of FOX News 'Special Report' - via video-stream, Londonderry, NH
7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Common Man restaurant, Windham, NH
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »

RYAN DROPS OUT, ENDORSES SANDOVAL"I decided to end my presidential campaign. It was short, but thanks for all the fish anyway. And I believe that Governor Sandoval is now a best candidate for American people!"
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »

On Martin O'Malley's debate peformance....

"I think that people prefer politicians to be short and precise. Don't people still hate politicians and government?"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »

Allen West schedule for 10/28 - 11/2

10/28/2015: Townhall in Greenville, South Carolina. Townhall in Charleston, South Carolina.

10/29/2015: Campaign Rally in Ames, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Boone, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Carroll, Iowa.

10/30/2015: Campaign Rally in Denison, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Treynor, Iowa.

10/31/2015: Campaign Rally in Red Oak, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Corning, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Lenox, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Knoxville, Iowa.

11/1/2015: Appearance on Meet the Press. Resting in Iowa.

11/2/2015: Townhall in Sioux City, Iowa. Pumping Gas at the "Git-N-Go" gas station on 2nd Street,
Des Moines, Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

Sandoval  Campaign Schedule: November 3rd-5th
Governor Brian Sandoval will spend this Monday-Friday in both New Hampshire and South Carolina, before returning to Iowa on Saturday and Sunday. The first three days are spent blitzing the state of New Hampshire.

November 3rd: Campaign Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Rochester, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Dover, New Hampshire; Townhall in Durham, New Hampshire

Today, at a Meet and Greet in Rochester, Sandoval's eldest child, James, spoke briefly about his father.

Well, I haven't really done this before. (laughter) Speaking to big crowds is something you have to get used to - I have no clue how my father can do it so often. These last few months have been so amazing for our family - we've spent a lot of time together, and I feel closer to my family than ever before. It's such an honor to be able to tour the nation and receiving such a warm response from people.

My father, like you all, is just an ordinary American. Some like to think that anyone running for President has to be some rich elitist who doesn't really know the American way of life - that's not true. One of my favorite experiences with my Dad is going on hunting trips...that's not very elitist. We were raised middle-class, but even now, when we've been blessed with more finances, my father is still fickle about money, never spending more than a dime than needed. I'm not political genius, but I think that's the type of leader we need right now in the White House. To be honest, I'm kinda scared about our nation's future - we're in so much debt, and our current President doesn't even seem to care about what he's leaving for my generation to clean up. More and more tension is building up in the Middle East, and this guy isn't doing much about it. We need a real leader in Washington, someone who will get rid of the nonsense and put in smart, conservative principles. I hope you all will vote for my Dad on primary day! Thanks!

November 4th: Meeting with Small Business Owners in Concord, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Pembroke, New Hampshire; Townhall in Hookslet, New Hampshire

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks at a rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

It's great to be here! Thank you all so much - first I would like to take an opportunity to thank Paul Ryan for the contribution's he has made both to America and to this Presidential race. He is no doubt an unbelievable man of character, and I know he has a bright future ahead of him. Furthermore, I humbly thank him for his endorsement of our campaign. It is truly a blessing, and I look forward to campaigning with him in the future!

New Hampshire, we're not giving up on you, that's for sure! We're still going to be here tomorrow, and I can guarantee we'll be back many more times. In no time at all, we've surged to the top in Iowa and we're also surging nationally - we've moved to second place and we're gaining every day on Governor Bush!

Now, let's focus on the President right now, and the job he's doing...This President is not only damaging America here at home, with our unemployment rising once again and his "hands-off" approach to inflation as well as his terrible cap-and-trade policy, but he's also weakening our strength globally. Under a Sandoval Administration, we will do everything to make sure America always remains a shining city on a hill; proof that democracy must reign. Any of the Democratic contenders will just be a continuation of the failed policies of Barack Obama - we don't need a rubber stamp for his socialist agenda in the White House for the next four years! We need new hope, a new leader, and a new direction! Thank you, and God Bless!

November 5th: Meet and Greet in New London, New Hampshire; Townahll in Grantham, New Hampshire; Townhall in Springfield, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Lebanon, New Hampshire

Governor Sandoval made the following statement to a TV station in Springfield, New Hampshire after a Townhall.

Our townhall tonight in Springfield went very well - I was simply floored at the turnout; wasn't expecting that many people to be there. It's good to see that our message is starting to resonate in New Hampshire, and I look forward to a surge happening here, similar to the one we're currently having in Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »

Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 6th-7th
Governor Brian Sandoval spent Thursday and Friday traveling through South Carolina. He also has a radio ad up in the state.

November 6th: Campaign Rally in Greenville, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Gantt, South Carolina; Townhall in Anderson, South Carolina; Speaking with College Students at Clemson, University

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks while speaking at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina where he pitches part of his economic plan.

It's good to be here in South Carolina, especially here in Clemson, the Alma Mater of your great Governor, Nikki Haley! South Carolina plays a crucial role in this primary process, and as the saying goes, you can't win the nomination without winning South Carolina! We're going to be contesting South Carolina, because I believe our message is something that can resonate with voters here.

America needs to be economically smart, there's no doubt about it. That's why I'm proposing that we significantly alter the tax rates to be lower, flatter rates on a broader base. We also will remove the death tax, as well as reducing the corporate tax to 25%.

Tax cuts alone will boost our economy, but we also will have to make significant cuts. That's why I believe in restructuring Medicaid as block grants, reduce the federal workforce by at least 10%, and cut out the bureaucracies. It is also imperative that our nation pass a Balanced Budget Amendment. Mitt Romney often stated in the 2012 campaign that "it is our moral responsibility not to spend more than we take in", and I firmly agree with that position. It's what I'll do as your next President.

November 7th: Meet and Greet in Forest Acres, South Carolina; Townhall in Oak Grove, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina

Thank you all, it's good to be here today!

As a former State Attorney General, I'd like to believe I have a pretty firm understanding of the legal system in America. And, after carefully reading Obamacare over several times, something most members of Congress never even did, I came to a simple conclusion: Obamacare is unconstitutional. I firmly believe that, regardless of what the Supreme Court says. While they will not strike it down, I will as your President. My first act as President will be to grant a waiver to all 50 states so that they can opt out of the program. Then, we're going to try and do an outright repeal. In order to do this, we must not only elect a GOP President, but also sent Republicans to Congress so that we may repeal multiple "disasters" this President has shoved down the American throats.

There are solutions to healthcare. Obamacare isn't it, though.

Radio Ad:
Narrator: Successful. Tough. Committed. Those three words define Governor Sandoval, and his performance both as a Governor and as an Attorney General. Unemployment has cut in half, and he's taken a hard stance on crime and illegal immigration. Brian Sandoval will bring prosperity back to America.

Brian Sandoval Voice-Over: America's debt is spiraling out of control under the failed leadership of Barack Obama. We need a leader who is committed to the American people, not Washington lobbyists. I'm Brian Sandoval, and I approve this message because I believe America deserves better than what we're currently getting.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

Excerpt from new Christie ad running in Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire.

"...we need tough leadership. Someone who has balanced a budget. Curbed government spending. Lowered taxes. Empowered the individuals, leaving more power to the people and less to the government.

[Christie speaks] 'I did it in New Jersey and I'll do it in Washington.' The leadership American needs." 'I'm Chris Christie and I approve this meesage.'

Christie Schedule: November 1-7

1: Rally in Sioux City, IA, Call in on The Sean Hannity Show, Rally in Des Moines, IA
2: Townhall in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Greenville, SC Apperance on On the Record
3: Townhall in Charleston, SC, Rally in Orlando, FL, Apperance on The Last Word
4: Townhall in Reno, NV, Fundraiser in Denver, CO, Apperance on World News Tonight
5: Townhall in Jefferson, NH, Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, House Party in Rye, NH
6: Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Hanover, NH, Rally at Plymouth University, Plymouth, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
7: Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA, House Party in Cedar Rapids, IA
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »

Jeb Bush, Debuque, Iowa, November 1, 2015,

Over the past few days, a lot has happened. Congress is on the verge of passing, what I believe to be, a large, job-killing measure that would harm more small-businesses, particularly upstart manufacturers, than help. We are spending more money than ever on education, but are recieving little in results. Confusion is abundant concerning our tax code; you know there's a problem when it becomes more expensive to hire a tax lawyer or accountant to find all the possible deductions than to pay to simply pay your taxes without those deductions.

All of these crises, and more are working to kill what draw, and continues to draw people of all races, creeds, religions, and colors to this great nation: opportunity. Unless we reverse course NOW, it will be difficult to restore those things we hold dear as Americans-upward mobility, opportunity, and liberty-will soon vanish.

That is why we are announcing my seven point plan to restore opportunity. The American people are smart: they know how to take care of themselves. They know what's best for their children. They know where they want to go in pursuing of the American Dream.

We call this plan simply: The Seven Points.

The Seven Points

1) Flatten Tax Rates: With so much confusion in our tax code, the American people need a simpler, fairer tax rate. We propose to flatten the tax rate into two tiers of 15% for most Americans, and 25% for those with higher incomes. These new rates would only have deductions for marriage, charity, and state and local taxes. The corporate tax rate would be reduced to 10%, and the Alternative Minimum and Capital Gains taxes would be eliminated.

2) Education:Despite our spending more money on the education of our children more than any other nation, America's children still suffer from a lack of quality education. We propose that PELL Grants for private schools be extended to children in inner cities throughout the country. Public schools would be forced to compete, and find new, innovative ways to approach educational problems. We would encourage the states to pursue similar measures.

3) Immigration: Our immigration system is broken. Our stringent immigration system punishes legal immigrants, while our weak immigration enforcement rewards illegal immigrants. To fix this, we would first secure the border, using a fence, at certain points enforced by military personnel. Second, we would make it easier for guest workers by granting five-year "red-cards" using private contractors. Not only till we do these two things should we consider any paths to citizenship for resident, illegal aliens.

4) Energy: North America has abundant energy resources unlike any nation has had before. Yet, we are still beholden to foriegn nations hostile to us for our energy resources. We believe that new methods such as "fracking," and the discovery of oil sands in Canada would bring down oil prices, and make America free of foriegn oil.

5) Inflation and Debt: Inflation has increased dramatically during the Obama Administration. The Congress has spent our children's future while the Federal Reserve has inflated the dollar in order to lighten our enormous debt. Because of this, spending and inflation are tied, but spending is the prime cause of our economic predicament. Therefore, we would work toward a balanced budget, and actively work to discretionary spending where ever we can without affecting our national defense. Thus, the Federal Reserve will not have the need to inflate away our currency.

6: Entitlement Reform: Although cutting discretionary spending will help us balance our books in the near term, entitlements will drive our debt upward in the long term. We would reform Social Security to include a private IRA account option for younger Americans. Also, Medicare and Medicaid would be funded in the forms of block grants to the states, allowing the indivigual state to experiment in how these entitlements could be reformed and work in their states.

7: Respect Federalism: All of the above points have included measures that the Federal government can do to turn this economy around. However, meaningful change really begins on the local level. We would work to remove the burden of regulation requirements on the states, and return to a system of federalism envisioned by the Founding Fathers.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »

Marco Rubio 11/3-9

11/3 Iowa
     Rally in Des Moines
     Speech in Des Moines
     Fundraiser in Des Moines

11/4 Iowa
    Speech in Ames
    Rally in Sioux City
    Townhall in Mason City

11/5 Iowa
    Speech in Cedar Rapids
    Rally in Cedar Rapids
    Townhall in Spencer
    Fundraiser in Des Moines

11/6 New Hampshire
    Speech in Concord
    Rally in Concord
    Dinner in Concord

11/7 South Carolina
    Speech in Charleston
    Rally in Myrtle Beach
    Appearance on Laura Ingraham's radio show

11/8 New York
    Speech in New York City

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »

Claire McCaskill's Schedule: November 3rd-November 9th:

11/3: Meet and Greet in Sioux City, IA; Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, IA
11/4: Town Hall in West Des Moines, IA; Interview on The Daily Show; Fundraiser in New York, NY
11/5: Meet and Greet in Concord, NH; Town Hall in Berlin, NH
11/6: Meet and Greet in Las Vegas, NV; Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
11/7: Meet and Greet in Henderson, NV; Meet and Greet in Pahrump, NV
11/8: Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA; Meet and Greet in Davenport, IA
11/9: Town Hall in Flint, MI; Meet and Greet in Detroit, MI; Meet and Greet in Toledo, OH
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:26 AM »

Martin O'Malley's attack speech in Concord, NH....

"Hello America. You may not know me, but this ad says that you'll vote for regardless. Why? I clearly think that I'm the best man for America. Look at my opponents. Andrew Cuomo's a DINO - yeah he may have passed a gay marriage bill in New York, but his economic record is in line with the likes of Christie, Rubio and Bush. Emanuel's been riding on Obama's back - we need someone with a legitimate political record - I've got more political experience in my pinky than his whole body. And what's worse, our front-runner, Kirsten Gillibrand, was anti gun-control and anti gay-rights when in the house - she was a member of the Blue Dogs. Yet when she became a Senator she flip-flopped to the left. Now, it's better than flip-flopping to the right, like Reagan did. However, can we trust her in office? What's to say that she'll move back to the right? Can you trust a woman with any integrity or principles?

And don't get me started on the Republicans. They wrecked the country under Reagan, they wrecked it under Bush Sr., they particularly wrecked it under Bush Jr. Yet we want to go back to them? Just look at the front-runner's last name, and that'll convince me that electing the Republicans is a BAD idea.

I prefer can-do to can't-do. I got elected with 90% of the vote as Mayor of Baltimore. I formed sensible solutions to fix Baltimore's various problems. Most people have sung very positive praises about my governorship in Maryland - I left office with a approval of 55% - which is pretty good given the circumstances. That's why, when you go into the voting box in 2 months time, you shall vote #1 Martin O'Malley."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »

Excerpt from Christie Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire:

"...We are a hopeful people and the last eight years we've nothing but a deterioration of that hope and pride. We've seen rebellion, animosity towards leaders and our government. Now we not only need a limited government, but we need a government that works. One that is refined. So it will be top priority, upon taking office to go through the federal budget and do way with programs and departments, either by returning them to the state or getting rid of them entirely.
The first bureau which will be gone under a Christie Administration will be the Department of Education. It has not served it' purpose and it's hurting our kids' futures. Let the states and local communities deal with the education system, for they know best how to handle it.
Another big step which people don't like to talk about is entitlement reform. We're going to have to have all options on the table when it comes to social security. I'm talking raising the retirement age as a possibility. The fact is we can't keep going down this road and debt increase after debt increase. America is too great and strong a nation to be mired in that garbage...."

Christie Schedule: November 8-10
8: Speech in Manchester, NH, Townhall in Goffstown, NH, House Party in Meredith, NH
9: Townhall in Detroit, MI, Townhall in Flint, MI, Rally in Davenport, IA
10: Appearance on The Laura Ingram Show, Press Conference in Mason City, IA Townhall in Mason City, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA

Press Conference: Excerpt
Q: Are you at all threatened by Governor Bush's rise in the polls?

A: Am I threatened? You forget who you're talking to here. The stuff I put up with in New Jersey...this pales in comparison.

[Laughter]

I will say this though our party has a choice. Now I respect Governor Bush's record and his commitment to public service. But I don't not think we need the third Bush to lead our party. You know the saying third time's a charm, don't apply here. We need a knew vision, need ideas and a new face.

Q: You've been critical of President Obama in your recent speeches, has he done anything right in your view?

A: Boy that's a loaded question, but to play the game sure, he killed Bin Laden and that's it. He's been a total and absolute failure in every possible matter. On the economy, on Iran. I mean the list goes on and I know people in the media don't like to report it, but that's the truth. This country has gone into decline thanks to this President. Now our party isn't blameless, but at least we admit our mistakes whereas the Democrats hide with their tails between their legs and say oh the Republicans did it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies