2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73032 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Appearance: December 17th
Today at a rally in Richmond, Virginia, Governor Bob McDonnell made the following remarks.

I'd like to welcome Governor Sandoval to the great state of Virginia - it's a pleasure to have you here with us!

My friends, now is a critical time in our nation. In this election, we will have two clear choices - on one side, we can continue down the failed path that Barack Obama has taken us down - more government power, more taxes, more spending. Or, we can begin a new path - a path of small government, lower taxes, and returning power to the people. I want to go down that path, and I know we will with Governor Brian Sandoval as our nominee! It is critical in this election that our party nominate a proven leader, someone who has executive experience and can get the job done. My friends, that man is Brian Sandoval!

Brian Sandoval Campaign Appearance: December 15th

Governor Sandoval made the following statements at a Townhall in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Friends, we have just a couple weeks until Iowans head to caucus. These last few weeks will be an exciting race, but luckily, we're in a good position going forward. I've campaigned in Iowa longer and harder than any of my opponents, and I am optimistic that we'll have some good results coming from the Hawkeye state in a couple weeks!

We must remember, that this campaign isn't just about winning an election, actually, that's not the purpose at all. This election is about restoring our future, and bringing America back to economic prosperity. With smart, conservative policies, I know we can accomplish that!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now a few weeks away from the Iowa Caucus. And today, I stand before you, because I am making my final push here. For six years, I have pushed Conservative values in Washington. And this is our final push here in Iowa. I have immense respect for Senator Rubio, Governor Bush and Governor Sandoval. But I do not believe they can take the Conservative mantle to Washington".

December 15th-21st
12/15/2015
-Campaign Rally, Townhall in Franklin, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Chariton, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Le Mars, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Waterloo, Iowa.
-Appearance on Hannity.
12/16/2015
-Meet and Greet in Independence, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Tama, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Hubbard, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Humboldt, Iowa.
12/17/2015
-Townhall, Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Hampton, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Mason City, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Denison, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Iowa, City.
12/18/2015
-Meet and Greet in Strawberry Point, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Allison, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Waverly, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in State Center, Iowa.
12/19/2015
-Meet and Greet in Eldora, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Jewell Junction, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Ames, Iowa.
12/20/2015
-Appearance on Meet the Press
-Meet and Greet in Ogden, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally in Des Moines
12/21/2015
-Rest Day. No events scheduled.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »

Sorry guys. The next "week" started yesterday, but I was packed yesterday so  I wasn't able to update.

Today (and yesterday) is December 22 through 28, 2015.
Tomorrow (Thursday) is December 29 through January 5. This week includes the Iowa caucus.

Weekly Polling for the 22nd through 28, 2015

GOP Nomination...

National:

Sandoval: 31%
Bush: 30%
Christie: 13%
Rubio: 10%
West: 5%
Undecided: 11%

Virginia:

Sandoval: 25%
Christie: 20%
Bush: 20%
Rubio 7%
West: 1%
Undecided: 27%

Arizona:

Sandoval: 23%
Bush: 20%
Rubio: 18%
Christie: 15%
Undecided: 23%

Iowa:

Sandoval: 34%
Bush: 30%
West: 17%
Christie: 15%
Rubio: 5%

New Hampshire:

Bush: 29%
Christie: 28%
Sandoval: 26%
Rubio: 5%

Narrative:

On Christmas Day the Taliban claims that they have control of Afghanistan and Pakistani forces, who had previously entered Afghanistan, retreat to help their countrymen on the frontline against India. The war is getting especially violent with rumors of human rights abuses on both sides. The Vatican has called for an end to the war, as well as many other international organizations. The Indians clearly are winning but National Security pundits say that "there is no clear goal here, the Indians want to stop the Iranian nuclear program but in order to do so they must get through Pakistan which has its own nuclear program."

President Obama summons the Iranian Ayatollah, the Pakistan President and Indian Prime Minister to Washignton DC. Whether or not they will accept is questionable.

During this week the President's approvals still remain in the high 50's as a result from the President's policy on Afghanistan but many Republicans are calling for the President to do more about the Pakistani/Iranian-Indian War.

Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in an interview says "I wouldn't be surprised if we took control of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal. This a serious national security threat."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

Allen West events
December 22nd, 2015
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Monona, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Cresco, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Mason City, Iowa.
-Pumping Gas at the Kum & Go at 1224 North Federal Avenue, Mason City, Iowa.

December 23rd, 2015
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Cherokee, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Storm Lake, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Rolfe, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Eagle Grove, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

December 24th, 2015
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Ellsworth, Iowa.
-Rest day.

December 25th, 2015
-Rest day.

December 26th, 2015
-Rest day.

December 27th, 2015
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Alden, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Iowa Falls, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Dubuque, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Bellevue, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Sabula, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Clinton, Iowa.

December 28th, 2015
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Bloomfield, Iowa.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Milo, Iowa.

*Note, my rally/meet and greets are pretty much one event.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

Christie Schedule: Dec. 16-28

Dec. 16:
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet with Sen. Thune in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Appearance on Hannity

Dec. 17:
-Appearance on The View
-Fundraiser in NYC
-Appearance on On The Record

Dec. 18:
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL
-Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL
-Town Hall in Orlando, FL
-Appearance on World News Tonight
-Appearance on AC360
-Appearance on The Late Show

Dec. 19:
-Rally in Detroit, MI with Gov. Romney
-Rally in Grand Rapids, MI with Gov. Romney
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Town Hall in Detroit, MI

Dec. 20:
-Speech to the Wayne County Republicans, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
-Town Hall in Lancaster, OH

Dec. 21:
-Town Hall in Richmond, VA
-Rally in Arlington, VA
-Fundraiser in Washington, DC
-Appearance on Special Report

Dec. 22:
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH
-Meet and Greet in Portsmouth, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne
-Town Hall in Epping, NH

Dec. 23:
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Littleton, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH

Dec. 24:
No Events Scheduled: Christmas Eve

Dec. 25:
No Events Scheduled: Christmas Day

Dec. 26:
-Town Hall in Farmington, NH
-Town Hall in Candida, NH
-Town Hall in Salem, NH

Dec. 27:
-Town Hall in Conway, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH
-Speech to Portsmouth Republicans at the Sheraton Hotel

Dec. 28:
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH
-Town Hall in Durham, NH
-Town Hall in Whitefield, NH
-Rally in Laconia, NH

"We're going to do very well in this state. I predict a second or third place finish for Governor Bush. His nomination would be an embrace of the past and that's not what we want America! We want to keep moving forward."

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: December 22nd-28th

Governor Brian Sandoval will begin the week with a quick swing of New Hampshire and South Carolina before returning to Iowa, where he is expected to remain until the Iowa caucus occurs.

Monday, December 22nd:
Meet and Greet in Sumter, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Dentsville, South Carolina
Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Townhall in St Andrews, South Carolina

Former Governor Bob McDonnell speaks on behalf of Governor Sandoval at a campaign rally in Columbia, South Carolina.

During recent administrations, we've seen the government continue to grow, and it is now out of control. Americans are losing confidence in America - there was once a day, long before government became so overreaching and powerful, days before the Vietnam War and Watergate, where Americans trusted the government, and they believed in their government.

Unfortunately, it's been decades since we've been there, but hope is not lost - I want America to have a future where citizens trust their government, and trust their leaders. I firmly believe that a President Sandoval will be one we can trust, one we can have confidence in. I urge South Carolinians to support Governor Sandoval, and together, we can make America great again! Thank you, and God Bless!

Tuesday, December 23rd:
Breakfast in Newberry, South Carolina
Townhall in Clinton, South Carolina
Golf Outing in Gray Court, South Carolina
Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks at a rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

And so, we our nation must begin to move forward. We will do right by our principles and we will stand firm in our beliefs. The need is clear for the right kind of leadership and experience. Join with me in this fight and together we will move this nation forward – move us forward as a nation that is stronger and better, standing prosperous and free. Thank you and God bless you all.

Wednesday, December 24th:
Meet and Greet in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Goffstown, New Hampshire
No Afternoon Events Scheduled

Thursday, December 25th:
Work Soup Kitchen in Carson City, Nevada
Family Christmas in Carson City, Nevada

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Have a blessed Day!
- Governor Brian Sandoval

Friday, December 26th:
Work at food pantry in Des Moine, Iowa
Townhall in Newton, Iowa
Townhall in Grinnell, Iowa

Senator Rand Paul made the following remarks at townhall in Grinnell, Iowa.

Now is an important time for our nation. In a few days, Iowa will start the process of America choosing a new President. America's next President needs to be someone who believes in liberty and freedom, just like my father was. America's next President needs to be a man of integrity and honesty, someone we can trust as our President. America's next President needs to be someone with executive experience - someone who can get the job done. America's next President needs to be Governor Brian Sandoval!

Saturday, December 27th:
Campaign Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
Townhall in North Liberty, Iowa
Campaign Rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Townhall in Marion, Iowa

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds made the following remarks at a rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa.

Iowa, I strongly urge you to head to your caucus site in just a few days and write down Brian Sandoval for the next President of the United States!

Brian Sandoval has strong values, a solid record, and the integrity we need in our next President. Brian will stand firm for America - no more will America have a President with timid leadership.

Now is the time for a new, fresh voice in our party, not more of the same. I am confident that Brian Sandoval will win the Iowa caucus, win the GOP nomination, and next November, be elected our next President! Thank you, and God Bless!

Sunday, December 28th:
Appearance on FOX News Sunday
Meet and Greet in Urbana, Iowa
Townhall in La Porte City, Iowa
Campaign Rally in Waterloo, Iowa

Governor Brian Sandoval  made the following comments while speaking on FOX News.

The Iowa caucus is a week from Tuesday - we're ready for this. We've built a strong organization here, have the resources to compete, and we're performing strong in the polls. It's all about keeping the momentum going, and if we can do that, I firmly believe that we will win the Iowa caucus!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2012, 11:25:35 PM »

Marco Rubio 12/22-28

12/22 Iowa
    Rally in Des Moines with Santorum
    Speech in Sioux City
    Townhall in Iowa City

12/23 Iowa
    Rally in Cedar Rapids
    Speech in Ames
    Rally in Sioux City
    Appears on Hannity

12/24 Christmas Eve

12/25 Christmas Day

12/26 Iowa
    Speech in Des Moines
    Rally in Sioux City
    Speech in Cedar Rapids with Santorum

12/27 Iowa
    Towhall in Des Moines with Santorum
    Townhall in Cedar Rapids with Santorum, Rice, Palin
    Speech in Davenport with Palin, Rice, Santorum

Quotes: Rick Santorum: Iowa I need you to vote for Marco Rubio not only does he have the same core values as my campign did but he will be able to deal with the problems facing our nation. Illegal immigration, foreign policy, and abortion are just some of the issues he will champion. Please join me in supporting Senator Rubio
            Rubio: Today we face a very important election. Do we want another failure for 4 years or someone who champions our party and will lead us to a sweep in all areas of the election? Please if you want our party to win join me!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2012, 12:30:21 PM by sirnick »

IOWA RESULTS

Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval: 35%
Florida Governor Jeb Bush: 32%
Florida Congressman Allen West: 20%
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie: 11%
Florida Senator Marco Rubio: 2%

Pundits: A big win for Governor Sandoval who started in the Iowa polls back in September at 3%...Governor Bush was behind but managed to close the gap, but didn't come close enough to take first place from Sandoval....Congressman West, who spent all his time in Iowa, came  in third place at 20%...not sure if this will be a Jon Huntsman finish for him or if he'll be a Ron Paul and continue on...certainly a major loss for Chris Christie who still does well in national polls, but then again John McCain came in close to last in Iowa in 2008 and went on to win the nomination...

On the Democratic side, Kirsten Gillibrand defeats Bernie Sanders by a huge margin.

Tomorrow (same week): Narrative, NH polls, national polls

GOP Primary:

Governor Brian Sandoval of Nevada - 1 state, 16 Delegates
Governor Jeb Bush of Florida - 15 Delegates
Congressman Allen West of Florida - 9 Delegates
Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey - 0 Delegates
Senator Marco Rubio of Florida - 0 Delegates

*Like I said in the rules, there is a 15% threshold for delegates in proportional states
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:26 PM »

Brian Sandoval Rally: Post-Iowa Caucus

Greetings, Iowa! We did it!

I've had people ask, in recent weeks, how I was able to do this. We started this race at the very bottom of the polls, and few pundits paid attention to us. We went through much of this process with little attention. We lacked the funds some of the other campaigns had, and we lacked the organization. Every morning, when I awoke, I prayed to God, asking for his comfort and protection. He has brought me to where I am tonight, and first and foremost, I thank him!

Iowa has a privelage - Iowa has risen to the task, and is the first state in our nation to have a say in who our next President will be. Our campaign put forward a plan, a plan that puts the people first, a plan that shrinks government and encourages innovation in our nation. Tonight, Iowans showed America that they support innovation, they support liberty, and they're ready for our next President to have those same beliefs!

We have focused our campaign on Iowa, and we've played to win from the beginning. Our campaign has invested more time and energy in Iowa than any other candidate, and tonight it paid off!

I want to thank you, the voters, for this victory. Without you, this certain wouldn't be possible.

I want to thank all of the volunteers that have worked tirelessly for this victory - this was truly a grassroots campaign, and without you, we wouldn't have gotten to this stage tonight.

I want to thank the people on this stage, my wife, especially, for putting up with me these past few months. I want to thank my children as well - it's been such a privelage to have you here with me during this campaign. I want to thank Governor Kim Reynolds - isnt' she great - for her assistance during this process - I'm not sure if we would have been victorious without her. Senator Rand Paul, former Vice President Dick Cheney, just to name a couple, have done so much good work for our campaign, and I thank you for everything.

Tonight, tonight my friends, is only the beginning. Polls show us in a tight race with Governor Bush and Governor Christie in New Hampshire. Tomorrow, our campaign will head to the Granite State, where we will look to win the first primary in America. We must carry this momentum forward, on to New Hampshire, on to Nevada, on to South Carolina, all the way until we reach 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!

Join us, and together, we can restore hope in America. Thank you, God Bless Iowa, God Bless America!

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »

Jeb Bush Rally, Debuque, Iowa

First, I would like to thank all of our volunteers who helped us in Iowa. We proved we are a viable force in this race...

I called Governor Sandoval to congratulate him on winning Iowa. He put up a good fight.

But we are ready. We are ready to take this to New Hampshire next week. We hope that our Granite State brethren will support us and give us the continued momentum to eventually win the nomination.

God bless you, Iowa. God bless you all. On to New Hampshire!
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

Kirsten Gillibran Rally in Des Moines: Post-Iowa Caucus

THANK YOU IOWA!!!!

We won tonight because of the confidence that the American people have in the future. The American people want to LEAD THE FUTURE and the wan to RECLAIM THE DREAM. This vision of America as a place where equality of opportunity is what should be strived for is something that Americans throughout the course of this campaign have told me matters to them. There is a feeling among many Americans that the American dream is slowly slipping away: that we are no longer standing on the shoulders of our parents and grandparents as we seek the pursuit of happiness. There is a fear that we are sinking under the weight of government institutions which don't do enough to ensure the continuity of the middle class existence this country so cherishes.

The movement we are leading seeks to fundamentally change how the institutions of this great land serve its citizens: WE want to make government smarter, less bureaucratic, and more nimble. WE want to pass the DREAM Act, ensure marriage equality and ensure employment opportunities for our veterans so that no one in this country is considered a second-class citizen. WE want to rebuilding our roads and bridges, strengthen our rail networks, and devevelop the most cutting edge green technologies so that American business can continue to compete in the decades ahead. Fundamentally, WE - the American People - want to restore the American Dream!!

This dream is what defines America and we must ensure its reality for the coming generations. Our opponents will say that such projects are a waste of time, energy, and resources. They will attack the desire to ensure equality of opportunity as socialism and will distort my record and inflate their own. We can't allow this election to be about trivial attacks. We must make this election about the future!

I need your help so that together we can build an America that is prouder, stronger and better.

Thank YOU and God Bless the United States of America!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

"Fourth place, not bad, and I was shooting for fifth. (Chuckles). In all seriousness congratulation to Gov. Sandoval on a great victory here tonight, he certainly earned it and I look forward to the campaign to come. Now for us, we're not discouraged, we're fighters, champions and we're going to go onto New Hampshire and South Carolina and beyond, making our case because we are the ones who are championing the conservative message that will win back America from the failed clutches of liberalism."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »

Before I begin, I would like to congratulate my good friend, Governor Brian Sandoval on his victory! I’d also like to take this time and thank my campaign chair, Joyce Kaufman, for all of her hard work. I also want to extend my thanks to Congresswoman Bachmann. We could not even dream about a third place finish without her. I’d like to thank my Iowa co-Chairs, Congressman Steve King, and State Senator Paul McKinley. I also thank my wonderful wife Angela and my beautiful daughters. And most importantly, I want to thank the voters and volunteers who worked hard for our campaign and produced these amazing results. This could not have happened without you!

We all worked hard, and we got better results then we could have ever imagined. We did not win, but we proved something tonight. We proved that a little African American boy from the heart of Atlanta during the civil rights era, a military veteran who served his country, and a three term Congressman can perform well in the Republican Party. And they say were the “racist” party! Tonight is just proof that everything the Left says about African Americans, Conservatives, or this amazing country in general, is simply wrong!

Tonight, the people of Iowa proved their commitment to a strong national defense. They proved their commitment to fighting this administrations socialist economic policy. They proved their commitment to preserve traditional American values. So, let us be happy with these results. We performed better then the polls expected, and while third place was not our goal, it is certainly better than we expected when we started this campaign, that sunny day in Fort Lauderdale. So, were off to South Carolina, and lets win their! Good night and God bless Iowa, God Bless you and your families, and God bless the troops!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2012, 08:10:16 PM by spamage »

Marco Rubio Post Iowa:

First off I would like to congratulate Governer Sandoval on his win. I'll admit it. The polls were showing we had little chance in Iowa. But in other states we are above that threshold. I will continue this campaign through New Hampshire and South Carolina. I believe that my experience in the Senate makes me a viable cantidate and I hope to remain one. Thank you Iowa I feel so lucky to have campaigned here and met so many of you wonderful people!I will not be discouraged by just one state when theres 49 to go!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: December 28th-January 5th

December 28th-January 3rd: Campaigning in Iowa

Monday, January 4th:
Meet and Greet in Woodstock, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Campton, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in New Hampton, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Franklin, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following comments at a rally in Plymouth, New Hampshire.

Good morning to you all!

It's great to be in New Hampshire, where our family will be camping out until Primary Day until the 8th. We're carrying huge momentum from our Iowa win - polls show us very competitive here in the Granite State, and I'm looking to be the first candidate to win both the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary! And we're going to do it!

This election isn't necessarily a campaign against a person, rather, it's a campaign against an ideology. During the Obama administration, we've seen more Americans suffer, high unemployment numbers, an increasing national deficit, and an apologetic President. Americans are unhappy, and American's are ready for a change.

Americans are ready for a government that works for the people, not for themselves. Americans are looking for a government that is smaller, and gives power back to the people. Americans are looking for a government that promotes innovation from the American people. My friends, America can have that government, and we can start to get there by electing a Republican to the White House this year!

Former Vice President Dick Cheney made comments at a Townhall in Franklin, New Hampshire.

I was never big on campaigning, but I realize it's something that must be done, so here I am!

Brian Sandoval and I don't see eye-to-eye on every issue; he isn't "the perfect candidate" in my book. But here's why I support Governor Sandoval - in him, I see someone with honesty, integrity, and a real desire to make a difference in the world. Today, our government is filled with so many corrupt thugs that it's hard to get a government that's successful. It's going to be hard for Governor Sandoval to get in there and successfully reform our government, but if anyone can do it, it's definitely him. Many expected me to support my former boss's son, and I considered it. But at the end of the day, I don't think he has the same abilities and qualities that make me like Governor Sandoval so much. That's why he has my vote and support in this election.

Tuesday, January 5th:
Breakfast in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
Luncheon with GOP Leaders in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Bedford, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Derry, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Hampstead, New Hampshire
Appearance on Sean Hannity

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Good Morning Manchester!

First off, this morning, I'd like to take a moment to thank my opponents in this race - we all have our disagreements, but I'm very pleased with the way this campaign has gone about, unlike past years. Discussion has been focused on the issues, and personal attacks have been avoided. Overall, I think this makes us a stronger party, and it will make us more united this fall when we enter the General Election Campaign.

Speaking of which, this General Election could be one of the most critical in American history. With tensions going on around the world, it is important that our next President be someone who stands strong for America - we don't need more timid leadership. America is the greatest nation in the world - we shouldn't be apologizing for that. America is great, but there is room for improvement, specifically on the home front. The past 8 years have put devastating effects on our nation, as our economy has sunken, our education system continues to fall behind the rest of the world, and our nation has become weaker on foreign policy. It's time to reverse those trends, and bring America back to the days of Ronald Reagan, when government was smaller and people believed in the government, not despised it!

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following comments on an interview with Sean Hannity.

Sean, I really like where we're positioned at right now. We have huge momentum here - I'm amazed at the crowds we're getting, and I think we have a solid chance of coming from behind and winning New Hampshire. Our fundraising has spiked, and we're able to invest more money in advertising here as well.

Most importantly, I think this party is strengthening as this process goes about, not weakening like I believe it did 4 years ago. I think our party is ready to challenge the Democrats in the General Election, and this time, we're going to win.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »

Christie Schedule: Dec. 28-Jan 3. Campaigning in Iowa

"This state is the Live Free or Die State, this was the first colony to breakaway from England. New Hampshire is the state that the rest of nation looks to, and you'll do it once again. I'm asking for your vote and your confidence to forge a new beginning for the United States of the America."

Christie Schedule: January 4-6:

Jan. 4:
-Rally in Manchester NH with Gov. Lamontagne
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally in Kenne, NH
-Appearance on Hannity

Jan. 5:
-Rally in Goffstown, NH with Gov. Lamontagne and Gov. Scott Brown
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Conway, NH
-Rally in Rochester, NH with Gov. Lamontagne and Gov. Romney
-Appearance on WMUR Channel 9 News
-Rally in Exeter, NH

Jan. 6:
-Town Hall in Epping, NH
-Town Hall in Manchester, NH
-Town Hall in Concord, NH
-Speech to the NH Legislature
-Rally in Farmington, NH with Gov. Lamontagne
-Town Hall in New Castle, NH

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:21 AM »

Marco Rubio January 4th and 5th

1/4 South Carolina
  Rally in Greenville with Palin and Santorum
  Rally in Columbia with Rice and Palin
  Speech in Columbia

1/5 South Carolina
  Rally in Charleston with Demint
  Rally in North Charleston
  Rally in Myrtle Beach
  Interview on the O'reilly Factor

Bill O'Reilly[/b]: How do you look at this moving forward? (about Iowa)

MR: Well Bill I hope to keep going! As we saw in the last election process the winner of Iowa was not necessarily the nominee. I mean we still have 49 states to go before everyone votes and I intend to keep making the point of how I would be a great nominee and President. 

Quotes: The failed policies of this administration under no circumstance can be continued. They have continually invaded our privacy and hope to continue to do so! This needs to be stopped! We as Americans cannot allow another 4 years of dissapointments! I will stand against Obamacare, I will stand against Abortion, I will stand against illegal immigration. We need to protect the dignity and pride of this nation not apologize for it! And thats what I will do if I'm elected! I need your vote!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »

Bernie Sanders ends his campaign and endorses Kirsten Gillibrand:

"Well, we got above 1%." *Laughter* "I cannot see a way to win this nomination with anyone but Senator Gillibrand. I congratulate her on her showing in Iowa and am telling you all, right now, to vote for her for President of the United States. Let's speed up the Progress Train!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »

I didn't post polls for today? I'm not at home, but I 'll post them later.

Kirsten Gillibrand is now the presumptive Democratic nominee. Late entries are closed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »

West campaign: January 4th-6th
January 4th, 2016
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Batesburg, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Camden, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Hartwell, South Carolina.

January 5th, 2016
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Whitmire, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Newberry, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Columbia, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Florence, South Carolina.

January 6th, 2016
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Greenville, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Abbeville, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Charleston, South Carolina.
-Campaign Rally, Meet and Greet in Edgefield, South Carolina.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY RESULTS

Chris Christie: 32% (8 Delegates)
Brian Sandoval: 31.5% (8 Delegates)
Jeb Bush: 30.5% (8 Delegates)
Allen West: 4%
Marco Rubio: 2%

Pundits: A tight race in New Hampshire that took until the early hours of the morning to call but Chris Christie walks away with his first victory of the primary season --although a slim one. Christie was favored in New Hampshire from the beginning but does such a close victory show weakness?

Governor Brian Sandoval of Nevada - 1 state, 24 Delegates
Governor Jeb Bush of Florida - 23 Delegates
Congressman Allen West of Florida - 9 Delegates
Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey - 1 state, 8 Delegates
Senator Marco Rubio of Florida - 0 Delegates

Narrative:

President Obama's approval levels off in the mid 50's for now. Republican candidates Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Brian Sandoval are polling about even with Democratic nominee Kirsten Gillibrand. Chuck Hagel and Donald Trump were not included in the poll.

Internationally, the Iranian Ayatollah has turned down a meeting with President Obama while the Indian Prime Minister and Pakistani President accepts. Aides are unsure if the meeting will occur without the Ayatollah.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

Christie at his victory rally in Concord, NH.

"...Thank you New Hampshire! You know as they say, Iowa picks corn and New Hampshire picks Presidents, and tonight you reaffirmed that role. [Cheers] We are going on now to South Carolina with the wind at our backs. We are on the cusp of a new beginning for this country and with the help of New Hampshire we are now one step closer to it. So I thank you again, God Bless you and God Bless America!"

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »

Governor Brian Sandoval holds a campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Good evening, New Hampshire!

Months ago, we began this race, both nationally and in New Hampshire, at the bottom of the polls. This state was written off for Governor Christie early, and many didn't see us being able to compete here. Yet tonight, we proved the doubters wrong, and nearly pulled off an upset!

I have called to congratulate Governor Christie on a hard, fought win - it'll be interesting to see what the final numbers are, but I do not suspect that it will change the outcome.

I would like to thank our volunteers who worked tirelessly here in New Hampshire for us - without you, none of this would be possible. We will be back in the Granite State for the General Election!

Ahead of us, is Nevada, where we expect to perform very well. After that is South Carolina - no GOP nominee has won without South Carolina, and we fully expect to win there in a few days.

Tonight, is a victory for the Sandoval campaign. It's a victory for liberty, and it's a victory for conservatism!

The fight continues! Thank you, and God Bless you all!
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »

Jeb Bush Campaign, Manchester, New Hampshire

Thank you, New Hampshire! We have practically tied with Christie in New Hampshireand are now second in delegate count. We will press on!

I have called governor Christie to congratulate him. He gave us a good fight. But, in he long run, we still have the edge.

Thank, you. God bless New Hampshire, and the United States of America.

Statement from the Jeb Bush Campaign

We believe that since we almost tie Governor Sandoval on delegate count, he believe that Governor Bush is still a factor in this race. However, we will begin focusing more on Florida instead of South Carolina, although he do expect to place in the upcoming South Carolina primary.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »

Pre-drinking special

Post New Hampshire South Carolina Polling:

Sandoval: 35% (up from 33% before NH)
Bush: 23% (up from 21% before NH)