Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 03:42:42 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 22334 times)
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2012, 05:26:43 pm »
Ignore

OOC: India and Iran do not share a border, so I must of missed something earlier. Has India taken over a part of Pakistan?

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2012, 05:52:16 pm »
Ignore

OOC: India and Iran do not share a border, so I must of missed something earlier. Has India taken over a part of Pakistan?

Sh*t I've been playing too much Hearts of Iron/Arsenal of Democracy. I'll go back and fix that narrative a bit.

(There is a full update on the previous page!)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:54:54 pm by sirnick »Logged
Spamage
spamage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.43

P P

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »
Ignore

Marco Rubio 10/20-27

10/20 South Carolina
       Speech in Myrtle Beach
       Rally in Columbia
       Dinner in Columbia

10/21 South Carolina
       Rally in Charleston
       Speech in Charleston
       Speech in Greenville

10/22 New Hampshire
       Rally in Concord
       Speech in Concord
       Dinner in Concord

10/23 Iowa
       Rally in Des Moines
       Speech in Cedar Rapids
       Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids
       Appearance on Hannity

10/24 Iowa
       Rally in Ames
       Speech in Sioux City
       Rally in Sioux City
       Meet and greet in Des Moines

Quotes: The president is saying Congress in broken. One of America's greatest institutions. No, Mr. President it is clear that the Presidency is broken. Not only have your peacemaking measures failed but you continue to shove your big-government policy down our throats. Until we realize this President has failed our nation will face more and more problems.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »
Ignore

Jon Huntsman

On the campaign trail, I have spoken often about the need to fix not only our nationís economic deficit, but also our deficit of trust and unity.

America is more divided than ever, and for our nation to move forward together with new leadership and unite, the Republican Party must first unite.

Today I am ending my campaign and supporting the candidate who is best-equipped to defeat the president and return conservative leadership to the White House: Governor Jeb Bush.

To our many supporters and volunteers, I offer my heartfelt thanks. Mary Kaye and I are equally humbled and amazed at the outpouring of support weíve received from friends and complete strangers.

Today our campaign for the presidency ends, but our campaign to build a better and brighter America continues.

We will continue to fight for a tax code that unleashes opportunity rather than stifles it; an energy policy that ends our addiction to foreign oil; congressional term limits; education reform that prepares our kids for the 21st Century; and financial reform that protects taxpayers from future bailouts.

Over the last six months, I have seen the best of America. Iíve seen it in the spirit of our entrepreneurs, the courage of our veterans, and the unyielding optimism of our young people. I saw it in China 10,000 miles away, meeting with dissidents who had been tortured and beaten, but who drew strength from our nation's values -- our openness, our freedoms.

Half a world away, they could see America's light. That is the power our country still represents.

I will never stop fighting for America, and I will continue to put her welfare first, ahead of any partisan or special interest.

I am unshaken in my belief that with the right leadership, we can move forward together, and ensure that Americaís light shines bright for generations and generations to come.

God bless you, and God bless America.

NHI
YaBB God

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »
Ignore

Christie Schedule: October 20 - October 31

20: Rally in Reno, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Appearance on Hannity
21: Rally in Waterloo, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA
22: Rally in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Rally in Greenville, SC
23: Rally in Orlando, FL, Townhall in Jacksonville, FL, Townhall in Tampa
24: Townhall in Berlin, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
25: Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Rochester, NH, Rally in Machester, NH
26: Rally in Mason City, IA, Townhall in Burlington, IA, Townhall in Council Bluffs, IA
27: Appearance on Good Morning America, Appearance on the Today Show, Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Clinton, IA
28: Appearance on Morning Joe, Appearance on The View, Appearance on The Sean Hannity Show, Fundraiser in NYC, Appearance on AC360
29: Townhall in Derry, NH, Townhall in Raymond, NH, Townhall in Conway, NH, Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor  
30: Rally in Manchester, NH, Rally in Concord, NH, House Party in Rye, NH
31: Appearance on Today, Breakfast in Greenland, NH, Townhall in Nottingham, NH, Townhall in Londonderry, NH, Midnight Rally in Des Moines, IA

"I feel the energy, I see the momentum building. We're going to win the nomination and the election! America has had eight years of failure, it's time again for real leadership. America is still a great country, but we can make her greater, by bringing her back from the decline." -- Gov. Chris Christie in Berlin, NH

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:42:50 pm by NHI »Logged

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2012, 08:21:39 pm »
Ignore

Jeb Bush on Senator Huntsman's Endorsement

We greatly appreciate Senator Huntsman's Endorsement of the former governor. A true patriot, Huntsman was willing to serve any administration in the service of his country. We pray that God.would continue.to bless God and Mary Kaye, as well as his wonderful family.

Ray Goldfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »
Ignore

Excerpts from Governor Andrew Cuomo's Special Press Conference on the India/Iran Conflict

I know campaigning isn't the first thing on everyone's mind today, but politics do march on. However, some things are above politics. A good friend of the United States, the Republic of India, is in the beginning of what could be a prolonged conflict with Iran. I, like all Americans, am praying for peace. But if the security of India is threatened, I know they will do what is needed. And I know that this nation will assist them in that struggle if needed. We are all hoping for a speedy resolution to this conflict, but there is the chance that this crisis will be inherited by one of the candidates who is running to succeed President Obama. I know this President, and I know that he will never commit our troops to a conflict without the most careful consideration. But I also know that he will not stand idly by while an ally is threatened. This is a time to trust in our President, and present a united front as a nation.

Governor Cuomo's Campaign schedule for 10/20-10/26

10/20 - Press conference on Iran/India Conflict in Albany, New York

10/21 - Big-ticket Fundraiser at Kutsher's Restaurant in Tribeca, speech on Mideast Policy

10/22 - Speech on Environmental Policy at Sierra Club branch in Des Moines, Iowa

10/23 - Bus Tour of Iowa's farm country, ending with a rally in Odebolt, Iowa

10/24 - Speech on Unemployment rate and jobs program in Reno, Nevada.

10/25 - Rally in Richmond, Virginia, with a focus on ending corruption in DC.

10/26 - Speech on Education policy in Manchester, New Hampshire, in support of competitive funds for school improvement.
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »
Ignore

McCaskill's Schedule-October 20th to October 26th

10/20: Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA; Meet and Greet in Bettendorf, IA
10/21: Meet and Greet in Ankeny, IA; Meet and Greet in West Des Moines, IA
10/22: Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, IA, Meet and Greet Press Conference in Des Moines, IA

With the information coming in, Senator McCaskill deviated from her planned stump speech for a press conference on the sudden military action.

"As we all have worried, push has come to shove in South Asia. Though the circumstances of the early military conflict are still not fully clear, we do know that war has begun. If that is the case, I pray for this conflict to end as soon as possible with as few casualties as possible. Moreover, I hope that if the United States does come to the aid of the Indian government, it will be with the utmost caution. With us will be the lessons learned from past conflicts. We should not put our men and women in uniform on the ground under any imaginable circumstances. Instead, I hope we would follow the lessons of the success in Libya, where we used precision air strikes to cripple their government without American loss of life. However, these are hypotheticals. What first must be done is for the United States to engage in diplomacy with both our friend and our foe to end this conflict as soon as possible."

10/23: Meet and Greet in Charleston, SC; Meet and Greet in Myrtle Beach, SC
10/24: Meet and Greet in Rock Hill, SC; Meet and Greet in Greenville, SC; Meet and Greet in North Charleston, SC
10/25: Meet and Greet in Charleston, SC; Meet and Greet in Columbia, SC
10/26: Meet and Greet in Jacksonville, FL; Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL

OOC: You know which two states are my top priorities. Tongue

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2012, 09:56:24 pm »
Ignore

Rahm Emmanuel will continue campaigning in Iowa through Tuesday. He will spend the remainder of the week in New Hampshire. He continues to emphasize his campaign themes of citizenship and reform as he discusses Washington dysfunction and the troubling news of conflict.

In other news, his ad buy in Iowa continues.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:45 pm »
Ignore

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 19 - Oct. 26, 2015)

Monday, October 19th (Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Snoopy's Diner, Providence, RI
10:30 AM Speech on "Educational Freedoms: Now and Then" - Brown University, Providence, RI
1:00 PM Rally at New Jersey State Capitol - Trenton, NJ

"We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! We may be white, latino, black, native american; christian, jewish, or muslim, but we are AMERICANS first and foremost. And this tie that unites us is far larger than those that divide us. And woe to those that do seek to divide us based on our ethnicity, our religion, or our race because history will judge them in the same way that it has all divisive movements: as failures. Ultimately, it is our responsibility to overcome such divisive rhetoric and return this country to the People rather than to the parties!"

3:00 PM Rally at Philadelphia Museum of Art - Philadelphia, PA
5:00 PM Rally at Rodney Square - Wilmington, DE
6:15 PM Interviews with WDEL 1150-AM, WVUD 91.3 FM, and WHYY-TV - Wilmington, DE
8:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Baltimore City College - Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, October 20th (Washington D.C. and Virginia)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform - University of Maryland, College Park, MD
11:30 AM Meeting with Justice Richard C. Tallman to discuss nomination to the United States Supreme Court - Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.
1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - BGR The Burger Joint, Alexandria, VA
3:30 PM Rally at Robert E. Lee Monument - Richmond, VA
5:00 PM Tour of the Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA
6:15 PM Press conference outside Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA

...answering a reporter's question on the confrontation between India and Iran...

"The most important thing the United States can do at the moment is to show strength and to support our ally India. I am not referring to an outright military role for the United States, rather, I am referring to the logistical support the United States should provide its allies in such situations. Most of all, we should make sure that our troops are safe and on high alert. I trust President Obama's judgment during this time of great uncertainty and I am confident that he and the Joint Chiefs of Staff will handle the situation very well."

7:30 PM Dinner with officers and men of the USS Harry S. Truman - Norfolk Naval Base, Norfolk, VA

Wednesday, October 21st (North Carolina and South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Flying Biscuit Cafe, Raleigh, NC
9:30 AM Speech on "Strengthening America's Rail Network" - Raleigh Amtrak Station, Raleigh, NC

"Raleigh's Amtrak station is the third busiest station in the Southeast and the busiest in North Carolina with over 300,000 passengers annually. This is because Raleigh is a centrally-located dynamic city with a vibrant economy. Amtrak has a long track record - pun intended (crowd laughs) of proving high-quality service across this great country. However, I think more can be done and I want to make a bold proposal today. If I am elected President, I will auction off expansion of Amtrak's rail lines to private companies who wish to provide additional service - whether passenger or freight. In this way, not only can we spur innovation by creating competition, we can also use the revenues to expand our rail lines and pay down the national debt."

11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at Guilford College - Greensboro, NC
2:30 PM Rally at Duke Energy Center - Charlotte, NC
4:00 PM Visit to NASCAR Hall of Fame - Charlotte, NC
5:30 PM Rally at Winthrop Coliseum - Rock Hill, SC
8:00 PM Town Hall meeting on economic innovation at Chester County Library - Chester, SC

Thursday, October 22nd (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Union House Family Restaurant, Union, SC
9:30 AM Visit to Wallace Thomson Hospital - Union, SC
11:00 AM Speech on "The Necessity of Cap-and-Trade" - Whitmire , SC (Sumter National Forest)

"Cap-and-Trade is meant as a way that we can take control of the emissions we are creating, rather than standing idly by. In such a way we can be pro-active rather than re-active to carbon and pollutant emissions and find yet another way to LEAD rather than to follow. Our campaign is all about Leading the Future and that's why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of the Senate version of the cap-and-trade bill so that we can lead in the fight against pollution. Only through such concrete steps can we even hope to preserve such places as Sumter National Forest."

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Summers Restaurant, Newberry, SC
2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Newberry College - Newberry, SC
4:30 PM Speech on "Restoring Health Care to America: Let's Start Here" - old BJ Workman Hospital, Woodruff, SC
6:00 PM Rally at Fluor Field at the West End - Greenville, SC
7:30 PM Dinner with small donors - TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC

Friday, October 23rd (Tennessee)

Day of Rest - Gatlinburg, TN (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)

Saturday, October 24th (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Pot Belly Deli, Clemson, SC
10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Clemson University, Clemson, SC
12:00 PM Rally at site of old Westpoint Stevens Plant - Seneca, SC

"You don't see many politicians in this part of the state do you?! (crowd yells "no") Well, I want to visit towns like Seneca all across this state and this country because I want to hear your voices. I want you to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream. Your stories inspire my campaign because I know that many of you have worked so hard all your lives only to be frustrated by what appears to be the forces of government conspiring against you. That's why, as President, I will veto any tax break to companies that ship American jobs over seas or any tax break that lowers the tax rates for millionaires and billionaires while leaving the Middle Class out to dry. Let's retake America and reclaim the American Dream!

2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at Anderson Civic Center - Anderson, SC
4:30 PM Meeting with members of the Upper Greenwood Development Corporation - Greenwood, SC
6:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Old Edgefield Grill, Edgefield, SC

Sunday, October 25th (South Carolina and Georgia)

9:00 AM Appearance on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos - via video-stream, Columbia, SC

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator, you are quickly gaining ground in the national polls for the Democratic nomination and I'm sure that makes you feel good. To what do you credit your success?

GILLIBRAND: Well, I think my message is resonating with the American people, not just Democrats, but Republicans and Independents. My campaign is about bridging the differences among Americans so that we can restore the American Dream - the central tenet of my campaign. I think this theme appeals to Americans of all walks of life because it strikes a chord with what Americans expect from their country: not necessarily equality of results, but equality of opportunity to the extent that it can exist. The Middle Class seems to always get the short end of the economic stick because Washington politicians are more focused with protecting tax breaks and favors for their pet industries rather than standing on the side of the American people. I think government has a role to play when it comes to supporting middle class aspirations in this country and in making sure that the deck isn't stacked against those who work hard but don't necessarily have the connections. To this end, government should empower the people by ensuring that they have the possibility to empower themselves. That's our message and that's what the American people believe.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do you think this message will work in the general election?

GILLIBRAND: George, this message will WIN the general election.

11:00 AM Rally at Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC
2:00 PM Visit to the South Carolina Artisan Center - Walterboro, SC
4:00 PM Rally at Jasper County Courthouse - Ridgeland, SC
6:00 PM Rally at Forsyth Park - Savannah, GA
7:30 PM Fundraising Dinner with Georgia donors - Moon River Brewing Company, Savannah, GA

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:26:16 pm by mondale84 »Logged

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:01 pm »
Ignore

Martin O'Malley vents his spleen.....

"What the **** is going on in Congress. Pass the ****ing cap-and-trade bill you ****ers. Do you want your children to have dolphins on their doorsteps?"
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »
Ignore

October 27 - November 2, 2015 starts now

Later in the day:

Polls
Narrative
More Iowa/New Hampshire Endorsements
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:16 am »
Ignore

Announcements from the Bush Campaign
Beginning November 1, we will purchase two ad buys in Iowa, touting the former governor's record and his vision to restore opportunity to all Americans.

We will also make several campaign appearances in New Hampshire with Senator Huntsman, who will also serve as the campaign's chief foriegn policy advisor. We welcome his advise and his experience in formulating our foriegn policy platfom.

IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:36 am »
Ignore

October 27 - Rally in Waterloo, IA
October 28 - Lunch in Cedar Rapids, IA
October 29 - Rally in Charleston, SC
October 30 - Rally in Charlotte, SC
October 31 - Fundraiser in Concord, NH
November 1, 2 - break

Spamage
spamage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.43

P P

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2012, 01:58:54 am »
Ignore

Marco Rubio 10/27-11/2

10/27 Iowa
       Speech in Des Moines
       Rally in Sioux City
       Fundraiser in Ames
       Appearance on Rock Center

10/28 South Carolina
      Rally in Columbia
      Speech at Myrtle Beach
      Fundraiser in Charleston

10/29 New Hampshire
     Speech in Concord
     Meet and Greet in Dixville Notch
    Speech at St. Anslem's College

10/30 Maine/ Vermont
     Speech in Augusta
     Rally in Montpelier
     Dinner in Montpelier

10/31 Florida
    Speech in Ft. Lauderdale
    Speech in Miami
    Trick-or-Treats with his kids

11/1 Rest

11/2 Appears in Meet the Press
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:30 am »
Ignore

Martin O'Malley is continuing his 50-state tour, ftr.
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:36 am »
Ignore

McCaskill's Schedule--10/27-11/2

10/27: Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA; Meet and Greet in Waterloo, IA
10/28: Meet and Greet in Sioux City, IA; Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA
10/29: Meet and Greet in Davenport, IA; Campaign rally for Jack Conway in Lexington, KY (running for Governor)
10/30: Meet and Greet in Grand Rapids, MI; Meet and Greet in Detroit, MI
10/31: Rest
11/1: Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, IA; Town Hall in Davenport, IA
11/2: Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA, Fundraiser in Chicago, IL

SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:26 pm »
Ignore

Please see SignUp/Rules thread. We might make "one week" into two days IRL just to give people more time to respond etc, wanted your thoughts on it.

Headlines this week

New York Post: RICHARD SIMMONS ENDORSES O'MALLEY

New York Times: Huntsman Out, Bush Up!

Drudge Report: IRAN/PAKISTAN v. INDIA?

Wall Street Journal: Afghan Government in turmoil as pressure mounts

Debate:

In the Democratic debate we saw great performances by Gillibrand, Cuomo, MacCaskill and Emanuel but Gillibrand stood on top when polls came out after the debate followed by Cuomo, Emanuel and MacCaskill, respectively. Governor O'Malley was rated the worst performance with Governor Newsom skipping the debate entirely.

In the Republican debate we saw Governor Bush try to distinguish himself from the field but the audience felt that Sandoval beat the field with Christie coming in second and Bush third. People were the most evenly split with Rubio, no one being particularly impressed or unsatisfied with his performance followed by Congressman West. Senator Ryan did not show up to the debate.

Post Debate Iowa Polls

*Note these incorporate Huntsman's endorsement as well

Republicans:

Sandoval: 22%
Bush: 22%
Christie: 21%
West: 12%
Rubio: 11%
Ryan: 3%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 25%
Emanuel: 21%
MacCaskill: 20%
Cuomo: 18%
Newsom: 3%
O'Malley: 1%

Post Debate National Polls:

Republican:

Bush: 25%
Sandoval: 16%
Christie: 15%
Rubio: 14%
West: 8%
Ryan: 2%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 23%
Emanuel: 21%
Cuomo: 20%
MacCaskill: 14%
O'Malley: 8%
Newsom: 5%

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:04:13 pm by sirnick »Logged
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:52 pm »
Ignore

Jeb Bush Press Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

On Recent Surge

For the first in the campaign, we are tied for first in Iowa, and enjoy a substantial lead, outside the margin of error, nationally. We believe our message of economic, social, and educational opportunity is resonating with the electorate.

We are not taking for this granted: we are more committed than ever to improving our ground game and spreading our message in Iowa and New Hampshire. We're confident that we can win both States.

I will take questions.

Reporter 1: Here in Iowa, you are tied with Governor Sandoval. Do you have any thing to say concerning him?

Jeb: Only that he is perhaps one of the best governors that Nevada ever had. He has provided competent leadership for a state that has suffered the most from the President's failed economic policies. America could use a man like him.

Reporter 2: So far, you have failed to present a clear foriegn policy. You didn't even answer the

Jeb: Hold it. In regards to my answer to the debate question, I am not willing to answer any hypothetical scenario regarding a crisis. No one knows how he would act in any crisis situation until he is in it. Now I've dealt with crisis situation in the past, but even that doesn't fully prepare you for dealing with what could be a major conflict.

I have stated that I believe we need to deepen our ties with India. Not only as a trading partner, but also as an ally on the war against terrorism. But even then, I don't know how that would effect my decesion as commander-in-chief. By then, I would know more in military and diplomatic intelligence to make the best decision.

Reporter 3:  Although your chief rival as of now is Sandoval, do you think that Christie might be the largest threat to your lead?

Jeb: No one is a "threat." As I have said, both Christie and Sandoval are competent governors who would ne great presidents. What I'm trying to do is to convince the American people that I'm the best one to lead the party.

Thank you very much.

Ray Goldfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »
Ignore

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Schedule for 10/28 - 11/2

10/27 - A town-hall meeting geared towards students (although admission is open) at the University of New Hampshire

10/28 - At a rally in Charleston, South Carolina, Governor Cuomo announces a listening tour to areas of the US that are hard-hit by unemployment and the flight of industry from the country.

10/29 - Listening Tour of Flint, Michigan, to discuss the state of the auto industry and plans for a federal tax rebate for American-made cars.

10/30 - Rally in Los Angeles, California with a focus on job creation, hiring incentives for corporations, increasing financial aid for college, and funding career counseling in high school and college.

"There's a lot of people out there who are saying Government is the enemy. Well, that's not the case. We don't need less government, what we need is smart government. We need to cut out redundancies, save money, and put that money where it's needed. And I can't think of any better place than in helping equip our high school and college graduates to find jobs!"

10/31 - Return to Albany for Halloween festivities, day off with family

11/1 - Town hall meeting in Ames, Iowa

11/2 - Appearance on Meet the Press, discussing education and economic proposals.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2012, 12:35:15 am »
Ignore

Governor Sandoval Press Conference: Des Moine, Iowa - October 27th

Thank you all for being here. I'll open the floor to questions.

Governor Sandoval, how do you feel about the debate, as well as poll numbers?

I'm feeling confident - I think we had an excellent debate last week, and I congratulate all candidates on a job well done.

Our campaign is surging, no doubt. More and more Americans are believing in our message - they're ready for a conservative, competent leader who has the experience needed to be our next President. I firmly believe I'm best equipped in our party to not only beat Democrats in November 2016, but also to be an effective President.

Was that some sort of dig at your rivals, Governor?

Absolutely not. We have our differences, and I'm sure some of those will be highlighted in future debates. I think we have a strong array of candidate's in this field, and any one of them will be an improvement to our current incompetent administration.

How do you feel about your chances in Iowa?

We're going to win Iowa - our campaign is focused heavily on Iowa, and I'm very grateful for the surrogating your governor, Kim Reynolds, is doing for me. We're at the top of the polls here, and I hope it stays that way.

We're also looking to compete in New Hampshire as well - I will be traveling there later this week to campaign in the Granite State. As I've said all along, this is a 50-state strategy. We're going to challenge every state, and I believe we can win every state.

What are your plans this week?
Today and tomorrow I will be touring Iowa, as I have been for the past few weeks. On Wednesday my family and I will be flying to New Hampshire, where we'll stay until Friday. Friday afternoon I have to fly back to Nevada to work on some responsibilities as Governor. I realize this may put me behind some of my opponents, who are campaigning non-stop, but I was elected by Nevada to serve as their Governor, and until I'm elected President, that'll be my main responsibility.

Thank you, and God Bless.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
SirNick
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2012, 12:43:07 am »
Ignore

Starting today (Saturday Feb 4) each "week" will be two of our calendar days, IRL.

So, Saturday and Sunday are November 3 through 9.

Sorry that I didn't get the New Hampshire endorsements out earlier. I promise I'll get them out Saturday.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2012, 01:00:36 am »
Ignore

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 26 - Nov. 1, 2015)

Monday, October 26th (Florida)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Palaca Saloon, Fernandina Beach, FL
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act - Fernandina Beach High School, Fernandina Beach, FL
11:30 AM Rally at Veterans Memorial Arena - Jacksonville, FL

"HELLO Jacksonville!!! How are you today?! (crowd cheers) Are you ready to turn this country around? (crowd cheers) Are you ready to rebuild the foundations of the American Dream?! (crowd goes wild) The journey begins here. We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! Just like Jacksonville, this country is full of diverse peoples, faiths and politics; yet we must remember that these things are secondary to our shared identity as Americans. Too often politicians divide us into groups to win elections. My campaign isn't about wedge issues, and it isn't about winning elections, it's about YOU! Because you started this movement and you will help lead it! I'm counting on your support and I'm eager to hear your ideas on how to restore America's promise!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, Jacksonville, FL
3:00 PM Rally at Youngs Park - Lake City, FL
5:30 PM Rally at Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL
7:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Escambia High School - Pensacola, FL
8:30 PM Dinner with officers of the 344th Military Intelligence Battalion - Corry Station Naval Technical Training Center - Myrtle Grove, FL

Tuesday, October 27th (Alabama and Mississippi)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Mobile Civic Center - Mobile, AL
11:30 AM Rally at Oak Park - Montgomery, AL
2:00 PM Speech on renewing America's rail infrastructure - Union Station, Meridian, MS

"Meridian has historically been a hub of rail traffic in the South and we must make sure that it continues to be. Norfolk Southern continues to operate regular freight service and Amtrak provides passenger service to connect the cities of the South. Let's make sure that in our America such a great American enterprise - the railroad doesn't fall by the wayside and is abandoned in favor of more polluting alternatives. Let's make sure that America can once again lead in this industry and it begins here in Meridian!"

4:30 PM Rally at Mississippi State Capitol - Jackson, MS
6:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Callaway High School - Jackson, MS
7:30 PM Fundraising dinner with Major Mississippi and Louisiana donors - Char restaurant, Jackson, MS

Wednesday, October 28th (Oklahoma and Colorado)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Beverly's Pancake House, Oklahoma City, OK
9:30 AM Rally at Woodson Park - Oklahoma City, OK

"Am I the first national politician to visit Oklahoma City? (crowd cheers) I think so! Honestly, I don't understand because not only do you have great food - I mean I just had these amazing pancakes on the other end of town - but you also don't bite! (crowd laughs) In all seriousness, I think that too often politicians running for President stick by their playbook and visit the first four states exclusively. I have a message for them: there are 46 other states!!![/i] (crowd cheers) Visiting a multiplicity of states is about hearing people's perspectives from all of America's walks of life and I'm here in Oklahoma to do just that! This campaign is different because it throws out the conventional playbook and relies on the people to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream and to LEAD THE FUTURE! I plan to stick around and I'll see you back here when we're duking it out with the Republican nominee in the fall!"

12:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Seiling Elementary School - Seiling, OK
2:30 PM Rally at Cimarron County Courthouse - Boise City, OK
4:00 PM Rally at Pueblo County Courthouse - Pueblo, CO
6:30 PM Rally at Colorado State Capitol - Denver, CO
8:00 PM Dinner with small donors - Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO

Thursday, October 29th (Nevada)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Maple Tree, Las Vegas, NV
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the importance of higher education - College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV

...answering a student's question about community colleges...

"I'm glad you bring up this issue, Greg, because community colleges are an important vertebra in the backbone of industry which is America's higher education system. Community colleges provide an education not just to young students such as yourself, but also to those who wish to earn a degree when they are in their forties or fifties. This is particularly useful because a high school education is often not enough to land a good paying job in this country. I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to attend college - whether public, private, or community - because we need to remain competitive in our education standards in this country. We should make sure that the cost of college tuition remains fully tax-deductible and create larger programs to incentivize enrollment in a two-year college program."

11:00 AM Rally at Las Vegas City Hall - Las Vegas, NV
1:00 PM Rally at Nevada State Capitol - Carson City, NV
3:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Damonte Ranch High School - Reno, NV
4:30 PM Rally at Reno City Hall - Reno, NV
7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Harrah's Steakhouse - Reno, NV

Friday, October 30th (California)

8:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Mama's, San Francisco, CA
10:00 AM Rally at Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

"My administration will not rest until our veterans, our children, our friends, and our neighbors are all able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country provides. We will fight hard to pass fair, comprehensive, and real immigration reform and make sure - that through the DREAM Act and other legislation - no child of undocumented immigrants need fear that he or she will not get a chance to pursue the American Dream. We will not settle for anything less than marriage equality - in deed and in name. We will support our veterans and make sure that they are taken care of and honored, not faced with a choice between an unemployment line and another war. There shouldn't be TWO AMERICAS and there won't be under my administration!"

12:00 PM Fundraising lunch with major donors - The Fairmont, San Francisco, CA
2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at University of California, Irvine - Irvine, CA
5:00 PM Rally at Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles, CA
8:00 PM Private reception with major donors - The Getty Center, Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, October 31st (Iowa and New York)

8:30 AM Visit to Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
10:00 AM Rally at Iowa State Fairgrounds - Des Moines, IA
12:30 PM Town Hall Meeting on the Dream Act at the University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA

"These young scholars and soldiers want only to give back to their community and we should do our utmost to keep them withing it. We want to make sure that every one of these young people can become American citizens so join me here today - in a state that was founded on the diversity of its pioneering immigrants - in making a commitment to passing this bill. As president, I will not rest until this legislation reaches my desk because I know that this great nation will remain great only if it invests in its young people and lives up to its great pluralistic heritage."

2:00 PM Town Hall Meeting at the Islamic Center of Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids, IA
3:30 PM Rally at St. Mercy College - Cedar Rapids, IA
7:30 PM Trick-or-Treating with Theodore and Henry Gillibrand - Brunswick, NY

Sunday, November 1st (New Hampshire)

9:00 AM Speech on "Leading America's Future" - Benedictine Park, Bedford, NH

"Why wants to win Bedford this fall? (crowd cheers) This election isn't about party, it's a choice between maintaining the status quo and restoring the American Dream. We must do our utmost to restore the vision of the Founders: that each American have the opportunity to advance himself and his family. This is a movement of the multitude because we are not divided groups, we are ONE, SINGLE, group: we are AMERICANS! We can do it! But we can only do it together!"

11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at Exeter High School - Exeter, NH
1:30 PM Rally at Rochester Opera House - Rochester, NH
3:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Pinkerton Academy - Derry, NH
5:00 PM Appearing of FOX News 'Special Report' - via video-stream, Londonderry, NH
7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Common Man restaurant, Windham, NH

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:56 am »
Ignore

RYAN DROPS OUT, ENDORSES SANDOVAL"I decided to end my presidential campaign. It was short, but thanks for all the fish anyway. And I believe that Governor Sandoval is now a best candidate for American people!"

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:40 am »
Ignore

On Martin O'Malley's debate peformance....

"I think that people prefer politicians to be short and precise. Don't people still hate politicians and government?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout