2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:26:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73047 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »

11/3/2015---11/9/2015

11/3/2015: Campaign Rally in Davenport, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Dubuque, Iowa. Townhall in Dubuqe, Iowa. Meet and Greet/potluck dinner at United Methodist Church, Manchester, Iowa.

11/4/2015: Campaign Rally in Des Moines, Iowa. Meet and Greet in Cresco, Iowa.

11/5/2015: Meet and Greet in Mason City, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Nora Springs, Iowa. Appearance on Rush Limbaugh show. Campaign Rally in Northwood, Iowa.

11/6/2015: Townhall in Webster City, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Stratford, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Dayton, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

11/7/2015: Campaign Rally in Jefferson, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Ogden, Iowa. Campaign Rally in Cedar Rapids.

11/8/2015: Campaign Rally in Greenville, South Carolina. Campaign Rally in Clinton, South Carolina.

11/9/2015: Campaign Rally in Pensacola, Florida. Fundraiser in Panama City, Florida.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 8th-9th

November 8th: Meet and Greet in West Des Moine, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Altoona, Iowa; Townhall in Pleasant Hill, Iowa

Governor Kim Reynolds spoke on behalf of Governor Sandoval at a rally in Des Moine, Iowa.

I think it's important that our party nominates someone fresh and new to face off against the Democrats next November, not someone who's been around for decades. I think it's an asset for Brian that he's currently in office - there will be no rust to wipe off when he becomes President, something that may occur if we elect someone who's been out of office for nearly a decade.

Governor Sandoval represents the American dream - A Hispanic, middle-class American who worked his way up the ladder, finally serving as Nevada's Attorney General and as their Governor. And not only has he climbed to the top, but now that he's here, he's done a great job - unemployment has plummeted in Nevada under his watch, and they've balanced the budget for the past three years. I think that's the type of record that undecided voters are going to really like come next fall.

- Governor Kim Reynolds

Senator Dean Heller made the following statements at a Townhall in Pleasant Hill, Iowa.

Brian and I go way back - we're good friends, and I think the world of him. What I see in Brian is a man of character, a man of principles. He stands up for what he believes in, and won't back down. He's been a tough, no-nonsense Governor in Nevada. We need that type of attitude right now in Washington D.C. Spending is wreckless there, and no one seems to think of future implications our decisions may bring.

I believe in Brian Sandoval, because I look at the record he's done in Nevada, and when I think of what he may be able to do as our next President, it gives me hope. That's why I'm here speaking to you today - I believe America's best days are ahead of us if we elect Brian Sandoval to be our next President!

- Nevada Senator Dean Heller

November 9th: Appearance of FOX News Sunday; Attends church at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Des Moine, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Urbandale, Iowa; Townhall in Windsor Heights, Iowa

Brian Sandoval made the following statements while speaking on FOX News Sunday.

America is looking for a fresh face, I firmly believe that, and they want someone who has a long list of accomplishments. I took over Nevada 5 years ago when we were at our worst, and now we're the success story of America. This all has happened recently, not 10 years ago. I think it speaks volumes that, given the terrible economic climate our President has given us, we've still been able to put more Nevadans to work and balance a budget.

America needs a leader, someone who can work with both sides yet still pass smart, conservative policies. I am that leader.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »

Chuck Hagel on Chris Christie

"Chris Christie likes to think of himself as a tough guy... he looks in the mirror and sees Tony Soprano- I look at him and I see a Jersey Shore character in a fat suit. If he was tough he would have served our nation in uniform instead of serving himself at every buffet in Jersey... that phony macho bullsh**t doesnt work when you are at the table with the world community. I hope I can face him in the general so I can put an end to the charade"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 04:21:02 PM by NHI »

Christie on the Stump: Des Moines, IA
"This race is getting down the wire and I'm asking for your support Iowa. I am asking for your help to put this country back on the track we we know it is destined to be on.

[Applause]

I mean otherwise I suppose if this works out I've got a gig on Jersey Shore, at least we know that's covered. I've got options. (chuckles). You know I wasn't going to mention this today, but some recents comments from a man to whom I have great respect for, in terms of his service for this country, but the types of petty politics is not needed in this time. I'm proud to have served as Governor of New Jersey, I'm running for President because I want to work for the people of this great country.  We need unity, not division. Leadership is about service, it's about being about more than one self or one's party.
That's why I am announcing today that if I am elected President of the United States I will not accept a salary as President, what I would receive will go to charity.

[Applause]

I'm not in politics for the money, I'm in it to make a difference for the people of I country I love."
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »

Senator McCaskill at a fundraiser in Las Vegas:

"You know, we need to run this campaign on ideas which benefit the middle class. I've been a strong advocate of the economic policies which boosted our economy to what it is today. We can't undo that progress by picking Christie or Bush as our next president. We need to continue and expand policies to protect American workers and to crack down on corporate corruption. We need to stand up to China's unfair trade policies, and we need to act as a peaceful force for democracy abroad. Though I will engage my opponents in both parties on ideas and issues, I will do so to deliver a clear contrast between myself and my competitors."

At a rally in Toledo, Ohio:

"Senator Gillibrand is a fighter for New York's working families and a close friend of mine. If she wins the nomination, I will fully support her. However, I feel that Americans need a choice who has dedicated her career to protecting American jobs. Therefore, I intend to continue this campaign."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »

Governor Cuomo's Statement on the end of his campaign:

"I'd like to thank all of my supporters for joining me and my family on this journey. Running for President is an amazing experience, and I wouldn't trade these last few months for anything. However, I don't feel like I can devote myself to this campaign fully while there's still so much work to do in New York. I intend to return to Albany and finish the job that I was elected to do. I wish the best of luck to Senator Gillibrand, Senator McCaskill, and Governor O'Malley. I will not be making an endorsement at this time, and instead letting these worthy candidates show why they should be the next President. Thank you.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »

ENDORSEMENTS OF THE WEEK

United States Senator Tom Harkin appears at an event with Senator MacCaskill to endorse her for the Democratic nomination.

Iowa Congressman Pete King of Iowa endorses Congressman Allen West for the Presidency.

New Hampshire Governor Ovide Lamontagne endorses Governor Chris Christie

New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte endoses Senator Marco Rubio

NH Senator Jeanne Shaheen endorses Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 11:29:36 PM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 2 - Nov. 8, 2015)

Monday, November 2nd (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Nathaniel's Family Eatery, Nashua, NH
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Pennichuck Middle School - Nashua, NH
11:30 AM Rally at City Hall with Senator Jeanne Shaheen- Nashua, NH

"The 'Live Free or Die' motto which makes New Hampshire famous inspires our movement. We believe that government should ensure that people in this country live in legitimate economic freedom. This is why we champion regulation that prohibits predatory bank lending and the ability to wage-discriminate based on race, gender, or sexual orientation. We believe that as Americans we have a right to freedom which is made possible through equality: both of opportunity and rights. After all, how can one be considered free if a fundamental part of a person's identity precludes them from enjoying their full rights. Our campaign to restore the American Dream is meant as a call to return this country to the economic freedom that has made it remarkable. We must use the rallying cries of freedom and equality to spread the message of equal opportunity!"

1:30 PM Meet and Greet - Mall at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH
3:30 PM Visit and photo-op at the Josiah Bartlett House - Kingston, NH
5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Old Custom House & Post Office - Portsmouth, NH
7:00 PM Dinner with officers and men of the 157th Air Refueling Wing - Pease Air National Guard Base, Portsmouth, NH

Tuesday, November 3rd (Maine and New Hampshire)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Lincoln Middle School - Portland, ME
10:30 AM Rally at Longfellow Square - Portland, ME
1:00 PM Press Conference at Maine State House - Augusta, ME

...answering a question on the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Andrew Cuomo from the race...

"Both Mayor Emanuel and Governor Cuomo have been outstanding public servants. I appreciate Governor Cuomo's commitments at-home in New York state and I think he has done a terrific job and I look forward to working with him in the immediate future when it comes to best serving our mutual constituents.

Rahm Emanuel has been working incredibly hard in Chicago implementing successful - and if I may add much-needed - reforms of the city council and the municipal government. I appreciate his endorsement and I hope he may be able to join me on the campaign trail soon as he is person with brilliant ideas and great conviction. As to his proposal for universal national service, I appreciate the idea and I think it has great merit and should be something that should enter the national conversation. I personally do not support the idea of such a program being mandatory, but I think we should do everything to empower individuals to engage in such service if they so desire."

3:30 PM Round-table discussion with members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce - Bangor, ME
5:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Crescent Park School - Bethel, ME
8:00 PM Rally at City Hall - Conway, NH
9:00 PM Interviews with Conway Daily Sun and Concord Monitor - on campaign en-route to Manchester, NH

Wednesday, November 4th (West Virginia and South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - First Watch restaurant, Charleston, WV
10:00 AM Rally at Appalachian Power Park - Charleston, WV
11:30 AM Interviews with WSAZ challen 3, WCHS-TV channel 8, WVAH channel 11, and WOWK channel 13 - the steps of the West Virginia State Capitol, Charleston, WV

...excerpt...

"I am visiting West Virginia today because I think it's important that people realize the degree to which American industry has seen a decline in industrial states. West Virginia has seen a large decrease in the mining industry here and I think that while some may cheer the decline of what many consider a potential pollutant, many people here in the Mountain State are suffering as a result. I think that the candidates need to start talking about what we can do to make sure that blue collar workers throughout the industrial heartland of the nation aren't left out to dry. I have a strong record in the Senate of defending the interests of the middle class and the movement we're leading to the White House is one that believes in the restoration of the American Dream. You CAN'T restore this dream unless you step the shedding of jobs in states like West Virginia."

1:00 PM Visit to Aracoma Coal Mine no. 2 - Holden, WV
3:30 PM Visit to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center - Myrtle Beach, SC
4:15 PM Meet and Greet at Coastal Grand Mall - Myrtle Beach, SC
5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Palmetto Academy - Myrtle Beach, SC
7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Trestle restaurant, Conway, SC

Thursday, November 5th (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Shady Rest Family Restaurant, Johnsonville, SC
10:00 AM Town Hall meeting on restoring America's future at Hannah-Pamlico Middle School - Pamlico, SC
12:00 PM Rally at Timrod Park - Florence, SC
1:30 PM Speech on "Educating Future Workers - the Importance of A Technical Education" - Florence-Darlington Technical College, Florence, SC

"Look at the great training that this school can provide to the next generation of American workers. Too often, CEOs tell me that they have to outsource American jobs because they simply cannot find the same highly skilled workers here in the United States. Schools such as Florence-Darlington Technical College prove that this is not a necessary outcome. I want to make sure that schools such as Florence-Darlington have the resources and support they need to train the next generation of American workers. This fits in within my larger plan of ensuring that America countinues to LEAD THE FUTURE and doesn't take the productivity and skills of its current workforce for granted!"

3:30 PM Rally at Riley Park - Sumter, SC
5:00 PM Dinner with officers and men of the US Air Force 20th Fighter Wing - Shaw Air Force Base, Sumter, SC
7:00 PM Dinner and meet and greet - Clark's Restaurant, Santee, SC

Friday, November 6th (Florida)

10:00 AM Rally at Daytona International Speedway - Daytona Beach, FL
12:00 PM Town Hall meeting on energy innovation - Enterprise Elementary School, Deltona, FL
2:00 PM Rally at Tampa Bay Times Forum - Tampa, FL (20,000 attendees expected)

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, legal status,  or sexual orientation, we are ONE! The United States has always welcomed the most diverse group of human beings on this planet and we will make sure that this continues well into the future! We can do it! We will do it! And we will start this process in November!!!! THANK YOU!!!!"

4:00 PM Town Hall meeting at South Florida Community College - Lake Placid, FL
6:00 PM Rally at University of Miami - Coral Gables, FL
8:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with major Florida donors - Meat Market restaurant, Miami Beach, FL

Saturday, November 7th (Iowa)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Great River Christian School - Burlington, IA
10:15 AM Sit-down interview with "The Hawk Eye," Iowa's oldest daily newspaper - Burlington, IA
11:45 AM Visit to Iowa Mental Health Institute - Mt. Pleasant, IA
1:00 PM Rally at Iowa Wesleyan College - Mt. Pleasant, IA
2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at Fairfield High School - Fairfield, IA
4:00 PM Rally at Sunset Park - Washington, IA
6:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Paul Revere's Pizza, Columbus Junction, IA
7:30 PM Meet and Greet - Jody's Bar, Mucatine, IA

Sunday, November 8th (New York)

9:00 AM Executing the 'Full Ginsburg' ("This Week" on ABC, "Fox News Sunday" on Fox, "Face the Nation" on CBS, "Meet the Press" on NBC, "State of the Union" on CNN, and "Al Punto" on Univision) - first person to EVER appear on all 6 Sunday-morning talk-shows

...excerpt...

...I think the American people have themselves initiated the 'call to arms' that our campaign seeks to promote. People across this country are frustrated because often they feel that, however hard they may work - whatever the amount of effort they pour in - they are stuck in a rut. That is not what America was founded on. This country represents the world's last best hope for democracy. BUT, more importantly, it represents one of the few places on earth where people believe that through hard work one achieve great success.

This reality is under threat and we must confront this threat and prevent it from distorting the true goals of America. This century must and will remain an American century because American entrepreneurs will find a solution to global warming, will discover new sources of energy, and will ensure that the nation we leave our children and grandchildren is greater than the one we inherited. To do this, we must have a forward-looking vision which invests in America's future rather than leaving it to chance. The Republican nominee will argue that government should not interfere to level the playing in this country. Instead, he will espouse corporate personhood and reject the notion that the greatness of this country comes not from its businesses, but from its people. Our vision promotes the importance of the individual American LEADING THE FUTURE and the government helping to invest in this future!

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2012, 12:14:29 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2012, 04:37:21 PM by sirnick »

Monday and Tuesday will be the "week" of November 9 through 15, 2015.

National Polling

Republicans:

Bush: 27%
Sandoval: 20%
Christie: 17%
Rubio: 15%
West: 10%

Democrats

Gillibrand: 39%
MacCaskill: 23%
O'Malley: 2%
Newsom: 1%

Iowa:

Republicans:

Sandoval: 25%
Bush: 22%
Christie: 19%
West: 13%
Rubio: 8%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 38%
MacCaskill: 36%

New Hampshire

Republicans:

Christie: 30%
Bush: 26%
Rubio: 16%
Sandoval: 10%
West: 3%

Democrats:

Gillibrand: 40%
MacCaskill: 15%
Newsom: 2%

South Carolina:

Republicans:

Rubio: 20%
Christie: 17%
Bush: 15%
Sandoval: 14%
West: 11%

Democrat:

MacCaskill: 43%
Gillibrand: 30%

Nevada:

Republicans:

Sandoval: 56%
Bush: 13%
Christie: 12%
Rubio: 7%
West: 5%

Democrats:

MacCaskill: 35%
Gillibrand: 32%

After seeing these poll numbers Governor Newsom ends his campaign for the Presidency.

Will post more narrative in the morning.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:20 AM »

Martin O'Malley withdraws from the race.
"Hello fellow Americans. I regret to announce to my remaining followers that I am withdrawing from my candidacy. I feel I cannot win the nomination with these numbers. I hope whoever wins the Presidency enacts the same common-sense solutions that I have proposed during my elective experience, but it's time to move on. For this, I shall endorse Senator Claire McCaskill for the nomination of the Democratic Party!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 9th-10th
(Sirnick, I think we got off on days - we just concluded the first week of November, so I think this week is actuall 9-15 Smiley)

Brian Sandoval will begin the week with a Western tour with Senator Dean Heller before arriving in Iowa on Thursday. He'll spend Thursday and Friday in Iowa and Saturday and Sunday in South Carolina.

Monday, November 9th: Campaign Rally in Phoenix, Arizona; Campaign Rally in Ogden, Utah; Campaign Rally in Colorado City, Colorado

Brian Sandoval made the following remarks in Phoenix regarding the new poll numbers.

Back when we started this race, we were on the bottom, sitting at about 3% nationally. Today, we've surged to 20%, and we're gaining on Governor Bush every day! We've taken a lead in Iowa, broke 10% in New Hampshire, nearly 15% in Sout Carolina, and we have a large lead in Nevada.

Americans believe in our message - they're ready for change. They're ready for smart, fiscal policy. Americans don't want more of the same, liberal policies that President Obama has implemented, the same policies supported by the Senator from New York, Ms. Gillibrand. "Obamanomics" has failed America - it's time we start implementing policies that will promote economic growth. Cut taxes, cut spending, give businesses more power. That's the capitalist idea's that we will implement if I am elected President.

Tuesday, November 10th: Campaign Rally in Santa Fe, New Mexico; Campaign Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Townhall in Joplin, Missouri; Campaign Rally in Sprinfield, Missouri.

Senator Dean Heller made the following remarks while at a rally in Springfield, Missouri.

American's are fed up with the liberal policies of Obama, and we can't afford 4 more years of it under Senator Gillibrand! Our inflation is rising, our unemployment is rising, and our debt is in the trillions. It's time to start looking out for our future, our children's future. It's time to elect Brian Sandoval to be the next President of the United States!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »

Senator Claire McCaskill appeared at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to deliver a stump speech on Obama's economic policies.

"We have a whole zoo of Republicans scurrying around the country talking about "Obama's failed policies" and how Americans want to elect another one of them to replace President Obama. We've hit a rough spot this year; that's undeniable. But the president's policies, including the stimulus and other jobs bills, have created millions of jobs. Consumer confidence is up, which means greater circulation of currency and a growing private sector. I'd argue that the main hindrance of progress over the past 7 years has been the Republicans who worked to block every piece of legislation supported by the president in an effort to bring them down. Approvals of the president may be in the 40's, but Congress isn't even in the teens now!

*laughter*

This political polarization has only served to divide our nation even more, and as President I want to bridge that gap. I come from a purple state, but because I fought for middle-class Americans I was able to appeal not only to Democrats, but to independents and even moderate Republicans. I won re-election to the Senate in 2012 by ten percentage points. I think that if Democrats decide to take that stand, we can do better in states like my home state of Missouri."
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Statement on Gov. Brian Sandoval's Remarks in Phoenix:

"Earlier today, Republican candidate for President Brian Sandoval vilified the economic records of both President Obama and Senator Gillibrand. For a governor whose state numbers 46th in job creation, it's no surprise he stoops to attack others' records rather than defending his own. That Senator Dean Heller supports the failed economic policies of Governor Sandoval should also not come as any great surprise. Sen. Heller has consistently stood on the side of job exporters instead of defending the interests of the American worker. Senator Gillibrand has a proven record as a champion of the middle class and she stands by her record and is proud of it."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 9th-10th
(Sirnick, I think we got off on days - we just concluded the first week of November, so I think this week is actuall 9-15 Smiley)

Corrected.

Additional Narrative

Pakistan takes Iran's side in the on going conflict saying that "any additional aggression against the Islamic Republic of Iran will merit response from Pakistan forces."

Afghanistan's government falls to Taliban and anti-government forces. The military, which is divided between the pro-government and anti-government and people who just leave the military and go home, tries to take control of the country. The last straw on the Afghan government was its inability to make a decision on India-Iran-Pakistan and a Taliban assault on the capital after hearing that many major officials within the military were displeased with the leadership in government.

India claims that Pakistan helped bring down the the Afghan government and said Pakistan "has undone years of work that the United States and the Afghan people have put into having a democracy."  It calls on Pakistan to step aside as India continues to bomb strategic sites in Iran, with sporadic response from the Iranians with fairly inaccurate missiles.

The CIA says that Pakistan needs to put up a tough front but is reluctant to get into a war with India because of the possibility of US intervention and nuclear war.

Domestically the President is getting criticism for not speaking up more about the crisis in the Indian subcontinent. Secretary of State William B. Richardson called the situation "delicate" and that "we will be ready to mediate when both sides are willing to engage each other."

The President's nominee for the Supreme Court is approved by the Senate after Vice President Biden cast the tie-breaking vote.

In other news, unemployment continued to go down in October 2015.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

Marco Rubio 11/9-15

11/9 Iowa
    Rally in Cedar Rapids
    Speech in Des Moines
    Rally in Des Moines
    Appearance on O'reilly factor

11/10 Iowa
    Speech in Sioux City
    Speech in Iowa City
    Meet and Greet in Iowa City

11/11 Iowa
    Speech in Spencer
    Meets with corn farmers
    Fundraiser in Des Moines

11/12 South Carolina
    Speech in Charleston
    Rally in Charleston
    Fundraiser in Charleston

11/13 New Hampshire   
    Speech in Concord
    Rally in Concord with Ayotte
    Dinner in Concord with Ayotte

11/12 Rest

11/13 Speech in Chicago
    I would like to thank Senator Ayotte for her endorsement! She sees how we will turn America around and give our nation the fresh start it needs. She is a great Senator and is very inspirational not jsu for anyone in New Hampshire but to those everywhere in America.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »

Chris Christie Schedule: November 11-15

Christie on the stump in Iowa to a crowd of 2000 people.

11: Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
12. Appearance on The Today Show, Townhall in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Boynton Beach, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL
13: Townhall in Jackson, NH, Town, Townhall in Colebrook, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Appearance on Hannity
14: Townhall in Reno, NV, Townhall in Carson City, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
15: Rally in Flint, MI, Townhall in Detroit, MI, Townhall in Columbus, OH, Speech on Flat Tax Policy at Mount Washington Hotel, Carroll, NH

Christie's speech at the Mount Washington Hotel.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »

Jeb Bush Campaign Schedule, November 10-12, 2015

November 10

Sioux City, Iowa: Campaign Rally
Bronson, Iowa: Campaign Rally
Lawton, Iowa: Meet-and-Greet

November 11

Moville, Iowa: Campaign Rally
Kingsley, Iowa: Meet-and-Greet
Pierson, Iowa: Power Lunch
Correctionville, Iowa: Fundraiser

November 12

Anthon, Iowa: Meet-and-Greet
Oto, Iowa: Meet-and-Greet
Danbury, Iowa: Campaign Rally
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »

Allen West schedule.
November 10th, 2015

Campaign Rally in Millford, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Esterville, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Emmetsburg, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Humboldt.

November 11th, 2015
Campaign Rally in Dayton, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Perry, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Adel, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Winterset, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Pleasantville, Iowa.

November 12th, 2015
Campaign Rally in Centerville, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Cherokee, Iowa.
Campaign Rally in Rock Valley, Iowa.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »

Chris Christie Schedule: November 11-15

Christie on the stump in Iowa to a crowd of 2000 people.

11: Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
12. Appearance on The Today Show, Townhall in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Boynton Beach, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL
13: Townhall in Jackson, NH, Town, Townhall in Colebrook, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Appearance on Hannity
14: Townhall in Reno, NV, Townhall in Carson City, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
15: Rally in Flint, MI, Townhall in Detroit, MI, Townhall in Columbus, OH, Speech on Flat Tax Policy at Mount Washington Hotel, Carroll, NH

Christie's speech at the Mount Washington Hotel.

OOC: Thats where I live Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 11:18:56 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 11th-15th

November 11th: Veterans Day Speech at Valley High School, Des Moine, Iowa; Luncheon with Veterans in Des Moine, Iowa; Townhall in Garton West, Iowa with focus on Veteran Benefits.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following statements at Valley High School in Des Moine, Iowa.

Good morning, students!

Veterans Holiday is an important day for me - that's why, unlike others in this race, I'm dedicating my entire day to Veterans, and speaking on their behalf.

Veterans have done so much for America - they've given us all the rights we currently have, and we're blessed to have the top in the world. I urge you all, if you run into a Veteran today, thank them.

On this floor, we have an amazing group of heroes who risked their lives to our freedom. I thank you for your service. God Bless you.

Today serves as a reminder for us that we must never forget our Veterans, and we must give them the respect they deserve.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following comments speaking at a Townhall for Veterans in Garton West, Iowa.

First, tonight, I want to thank you all for their service you've done to our country. Tonight, while others are fighting for my votes, I'm here to talk to you, the ones who gave us the freedoms we have. As the son of a Veteran - my father served in the Korean War, I am forever appreciative of what you've done. As your President, you will be a top priority of mine - you will not be abandoned as you have been in the past. As Governor of Nevada, I vetoed legislation that would cut Veteran benefits, and as President, I'll push for more benefits. It's an honor to serve as the Commander of the National Guard of Nevada. It's also been an honor to be able to visit our troops overseas numerous times in recent years.

If it weren't for you all, we wouldn't have the freedoms that we all enjoy, such as the freedom to have democratic elections. We owe it to you to give you the best care in the world.

November 12th: Meet and Greet in Ankeny, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Huxley, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Nevada, Iowa; TV Appearance on ABC5, Ames, Iowa.

November 13th: Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa; Appearance on "Hannity" on FOX News.

November 14th: Campaign Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Newport, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina

November 15th: Meet and Greet in Duncan, South Carolina; Meet and Greet in Taylors, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Greenville, South Carolina.

It's great to be back in the state of South Carolina!

Today, I'm here to talk about President Obama and his handling of foreign affairs. As Secretary of State Bill Richardson said, this is a delicate situation, yes, but let us remember, America is the greatest nation in the world. We are the hope of the Earth, and we must remain strong. This President has a long history of timid leadership on foreign policy, and we simply can't afford any more of that. Honestly, I think anyone from either party would be an improvement on Obama in terms of foreign policy, as you can't get much worse than he's done.

President Obama has apologized for America numerous times. President Obama, here's my message to you: It's time to stop apologizing FOR America and start apologizing TO Americans for your poor performance as President!
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 9 - Nov. 15, 2015)

Monday, November 9th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Hamburg Inn, Iowa City, IA
9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Iowa City High School - Iowa City, IA
11:30 AM Rally at City Hall at Iowa Old Capitol Building - Iowa City, IA

"Iowa had a lot of capitals while it was a US territory and the building behind me was the first capitol of the state of Iowa. We chose this site because it represents an important transition period in the history of the state of Iowa: a time when this state was becoming full-integrated into the Union. The settlers that settled this territory and erected this building believed in the dream that we still cherish to this day: that anyone in this great country can be someone! The American Dream is that we are a people that have the potential - and should have the opportunity - to do big things! Neither government nor other entities should be allowed to get in the way of the American Spirit. This isn't a socialist idea! This isn't class warfare! Our movement is about empowering the American people and the people of this country have had enough of those who seek to disenfranchise them from the American Dream. They are saying: Get out of our way! We want the Dream back!"

1:30 PM Meet and Greet - Coral Ridge Mall, Coralville, IA
3:30 PM Visit to Iowa Medical Classification Center - Coralville, IA
5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Longfellow School - Belle Plaine, IA
7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Trojan Inn, Toledo, IA

Tuesday, November 10th (Iowa)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Iowa Valley Community College - Marshalltown, IA
10:30 AM Rally at Marshalltown Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Marshalltown, IA
1:00 PM Press Conference at Iowa Department of Transportation - Ames, IA

...answering a question on road safety and acquisition of driver's licenses...

"I think it's an imperative that states standardize safety and license standards. I'm not necessarily calling on all states to adopt the same age restrictions, but I think in terms of what rules of the road you need to know in order to get behind the wheel of a car, those should probably be fairly homogeneous among the states. But this goes back to a larger question of reducing bureaucracy not just at the national level, but also at the state level. Republicans love to criticize the federal government, but let's remember that the vast majority of public sector employees are employed at the state level. I think they do a great job, but I think some of the redundancies and the inefficiencies of government can be resolved at the state level as well as at the federal."

3:30 PM Round-table discussion with members of the Greater Des Moines Partnership - Des Moines, IA
5:00 PM Interviews with KCCI Channel 8, WHO-TV channel 13, KDSM-TV channel 17, WOI-TV channel 5 - on the steps of the Iowa State Capitol, Des Moines, IA
7:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Winterset Elementary School - Winterset, IA

Wednesday, November 11th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Old Hotel, Greenfield, IA
9:30 AM Rally at Fontanelle Public Library - Fontanelle, IA
11:00 AM Interviews with KSOM 96.5 FM - on campaign bus en-rote to Atlantic, IA
11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at YMCA - Atlantic, IA

"Someone told me that Atlantic got its name because the town founders thought it was half-way between the Atlantic and the Pacific and flipped a coin to decide between the two names. While we now know that Atlantic isn't in the exact middle, we recognize the significance of this anecdote to Atlantic's identity. This town is a part of the American heartland: the farming communities that built this country and that still sustain it today. I'm here because I believe in the hard work that this community does every day. I'm here because I want to hear your voices. Because I think you should have a representative in the White House who understands the bare knuckle workers of this country. I am honored to be in Iowa and to have meet so many truly amazing people in my travels. I will compete for your votes in the primary, but more importantly, I will be back in the Fall! We will ensure that our dreams live on and that you have a representative in the White House who understands your needs, your wants, and your aspirations!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Walnut Elementary School - Walnut, IA
3:30 PM Meet and Greet at Penny's Visions Gallery - Neola, IA
5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Underwood High School - Underwood, IA
7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Rose restaurant, Treynor, IA

Thursday, November 12th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Sugars Diner, Council Bluffs, IA
10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Iowa School for the Deaf - Council Bluffs, IA
12:00 PM Rally at Union Pacific Museum - Council Bluffs, IA
1:30 PM Visit and Speech at Alegent Health Community Memorial Hospital - Missouri Valley, IA

"While the Affordable Care act went a long way in insuring that the highest of Americans in history and insured, we have much progress to make. Premiums are too high, and paperwork abundant. We must streamline the healthcare system by encouraging providers to digitize patient records so that they are available to a network of care providers. Take Alegent Memoria, for example, this hospital has cut overhead costs by 30% simply by getting rid of costly paper records and replacing them with digital equivalents. In so doing, the cost of providing care has gone down while the quality of care has remained high. We must ensure that this model can be used throughout the nation. Republicans like to criticize bureaucracy, but they too often fail to offer their own proposals. I won't. I'll take a bold stand: let's cut bureaucracy, let's simplify the paper trail, and let's save the taxpayer some money!"

3:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Onawa Public Library - Onawa, IA
5:00 PM Meet and Greet at Southern Hills Mall - Sioux City, IA
7:00 PM Dinner and meet and greet - Black Bear Diner, Sioux City, IA

Friday, November 13th (New Hampshire)

10:00 AM Rally at New Hampshire State House - Concord, NH
12:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Concord Senior High School - Concord, NH
2:00 PM Rally at SEE Science Center - Manchester, NH (10,000 attendees expected)

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, legal status,  or sexual orientation, we are ONE! The United States has always welcomed the most diverse groups of people and we will make sure that this continues well into the future! THANK YOU!!!!"

4:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Saint Anselm College - Manchester, NH
6:00 PM Rally at North Common - Nashua, NH
7:30 PM Fundraising Dinner with major donors - Surf restaurant, Nashua, NH

Saturday, November 14th (South Carolina)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at AC Flora High School - Columbia, SC
10:15 AM Sit-down interviews with "The State", "The Free Times", "The Columbia Star", "Columbia City Paper", "SC Black News", and "Columbia Metropolitan Magazine" - campaign bus, Columbia, SC
11:45 AM Meeting with South Carolina Alliance of Black School Educators - Columbia, SC
1:00 PM Meet and Greet at Parkland Shopping Center - Columbia, SC
2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at SCRA-Trident Research Center - Charleston, Sc
4:00 PM Rally at North Charleston Coliseum - Charleston, SC (15 attendees expected)
6:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Boulevard Diner, Mt. Pleasant, SC

Sunday, November 15th (South Carolina)

9:00 AM Breakfast and meet and greet - Stax Omega, Greenville, SC
11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on social programs - Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center - Greenville, SC
12:30 PM Rally at Sirrine Stadium - Greenville, SC

"This idea we extend to the nation that makes us great. We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. To this end, I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Support the movement I am leading and I promise you that though the journey will be difficult and the adversities many to overcome, we will overcome them and we will emerge stronger and lead our country into the brighter days that can and must await!"

3:00 PM Rally at University of South Carolina Upstate - Spartanburg, SC
4:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church - Spartanburg, SC
6:40 PM Watch movie with husband - Regal Westgate Mall Cinema 8 - Spartanburg, SC

Statement from the Gillibrand Campaign:

Our movement continues to enjoy widespread and grassroots support. We will be releasing a new ad - entitled Strength of a Woman - in the Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida media markets. The ad buy is valued at $7 million. We expect to be increasing the frequency and scope of our advertisements (both television and internet) in the coming weeks. Thank you for your ongoing support. Let's continue to fight to RESTORE THE DREAM and LEAD THE FUTURE.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »

November 17 through 23 has begun (today and Thursday). Polling/narrative later today.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »

"I would first like to thank all of my wonderful supporters for an energetic and grassroots campaign. But I feel that the issues I stand for are best represented in my remaining rival for the nomination, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. I feel that her work in the Senate and her youthful charisma will be the best successor to the Obama presidency, and that is why I am suspending my campaign as of today and endorsing Kirsten Gillibrand for the presidency. Thank you to my kind supporters nationwide, and God Bless the United States of America."

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »

Statement by the Gillibrand Campaign on Senator Claire McCaskill's Endorsement:

"Senator Gillibrand is honored by the great endorsement she received today from Missouri
Senator Claire McCaskill
. Senator McCaskill has a strong record of standing up for middle class families and the interests of the American worker. Kirsten's vision to RESTORE THE DREAM aims to embody the same values that have made Claire and Kirsten such great partners in the Senate. We welcome Senator McCaskill's support and hope that her supporters will join ours in advancing the cause of the American middle class throughout this primary process and into the general election. The American Dream is being renewed and we're going to ensure that it remains possible as we continue our fight to win in November!"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »

Christie Schedule: November 17-23

17: Town Hall in Dover, NH, Town Hall in Durham, NH, Rally in Portsmouth, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Hampton, NH, Town Hall in Salem, NH
18: Town Hall in Bethlehem, NH, Town Hall in Jefferson, NH, Townhall in Randolph, NH, Town Hall in Gorham, NH, Rally in Franconia, NH with Gov. Lamontagne
19: Appearance on Good Morning America, Appearance on The Laura Ingram Show, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Appearance on The Sean Hannity Show, Town Hall in Pelham, NH, Appearance on Special Report
20: Appearance on The Today Show, Town Hall in Manchester, NH, Town Hall in Concord, NH, Town Hall in Bedford, NH, House Party in Bedford
21: Fundraiser in Los Angeles, Appearance on the Tonight Show
22: Rally in Ames, IA, Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
23: Rally in Hooksett, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Farmington, NH, Town Hall in Madbury, NH, Town Hall in Manchester, NH

Christie on the Stump
"It's quite clear who we're going to face in November on the Democrat's side and it should be a fun, notice the tone in my voice when I say fun mind you, but I look forward to it and I know that you and I can also agree that we need someone who can make the case for conservative values of free markets, limited government, lower taxes, capitalism. We chose personality four year ago and that personality became the defining point of the campaign, we do not need to nominate just a personality, we need to nominate someone who can articulate conservative values and blow holes right through the Democrat's talking points, and believe me there ain't many.

[Laughter]

The simple truth of the matter is we have a choice in this election. We went with the past once and we saw what happened, we have that choice again. We can nominate just on namesake and hope that people have a short term memory, or we can nominate a fresh face, who aside from his large exterior, also has a record and ideas to make this country work again. If you believe that is the person we need then I'm your candidate and I'm asking for you vote New Hampshire!"

Christie with Reporters:

Q: Are you saying that President Bush was not a true conservative?

A: I have tremendous respect for George W. Bush, he kept this country safe, but if you asking me did he live up to conservative values no. We strayed during those eight years, now to answer your next question which I know is coming, I have respect for Governor Bush, another decent American who served Florida well, but I don't think we need to nominate another Bush. We leave the past in the past, it's time for Republicans to move forward into the 21st century.

Q: You favor repealing the President's Health Care law, what is your plan to replace it with?

A: I've stated what exactly I will do and you can checkout my website for the full plan, but in a nutshell, we repeal it, through reconciliation if we have to, get rid of it. Then we create a market based solution, in many ways similar to what Jon Huntsman accomplished during his tenure in Utah. No mandates, no penalties, no government run.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies