2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:40:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73058 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

Narrative

With Kirsten Gillibrand being the last remaining contestant in the Democratic primary, it seems that she will ultimately capture the nomination. There are some murmurs of challengers coming into the game late or challenging Gillibrand at convention in September 2016 but ultimately, this is unlikely.

The Republican race is still strong with Bush, Sandoval and Christie leading in polls followed by Rubio and in last, Congressman Allen West.

National Republican Polling:

Bush: 25%
Sandoval: 23%
Christie: 20%
Rubio: 15%
West: 6%

Iowa:

Sandoval: 30%
Bush: 22%
Christie: 19%
West: 13%
Rubio: 8%

New Hampshire:

Christie: 33%
Bush: 27%
Sandoval: 13%
West: 3%

South Carolina:

Rubio: 19%
Sandoval: 18%
Christie: 17%
Bush: 17%
West: 10%

Florida:

Bush: 43%
Rubio: 23%
West: 12%
Christie: 10%
Sandoval: 8%
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »

Jeb Bush Press Conference, Waterloo, Iowa

Reporter 1: What do you think of Governor Christie calling your brother "not a real conservative? "

Jeb: Governor Christie, first of all, is entitled to his opinion. Second, I admit my brother did stray. But he did what he thought was right. He shouldn't have to apologize for it.

Reporter 2: What then distinguishes you from your brother.

Jeb: You might have to ask my mother about that.

laughter

Jeb: Seriously, I have governed over a swing state, and won reelection as governor of a state that didn't reelect a republican governor since Reconstruction. I worked with the state legislature to pass meaningful reform intl the areas of education and taxes. Yes, I tend to be a little more conservative than George, but we still eat at the same table.

Reporter 3: Your lead nationally seems to be slipping, as well as your position in Iowa.  Are you worried that Christie's attacks are working?

Jeb: I don't think that the evening out of the polls means we're losing ground. We expected this to happen since we started the campaign. As for Christie, I don't think his "attacks" as you put them are affecting us at all.

Reporter 4: What are some differences between you and Governor Christie?

Jeb: Christie had an unenviable position as governor of a failing state. He tried his best to turn that state around. But he refused to run for reelection in the face of defeat in perhaps landslide proportions.

Christie has not the best record as a conservative either. The NRA has criticized his support of gun control laws, strict laws. Christie has also embraced global warming and a regional version of "Cap-and-Trade."

He also has a tendency to make himself the center of attention. There is a difference between being bold and being over-dramatic. He tends to be the latter. That bombastic attitude might work on Jersey Shore, bit not in an election or in the White House.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2012, 11:07:22 PM »

Marco Rubio 11/17-23

11/17 New Hampshire
    Rally in Concord
    Campigns in Countryside with Ayotte
    Speech in Concord
    Dinner in Concord

11/18 South Carolina
    Rally in Charleston
    Speech in Myrtle Beach
    Rally in Myrtle Beach

11/19 New Hampshire
    Speech in Concord
    Meet and Greet with Ayotte
    Speech with Ayotte

11/20 Florida
    Speech in Jacksonville
    Rally in Jacksonville
    Campaigns in Gainesville

11/21 South Carolina
    Speech in Greenville
    Rally in Barnwell
    Rally in Garden City

11/22 South Carolina
    Speech in Spartanburg
    Rally in Anderson

11/23 Rest

Quotes At a Rally in Florida: Florida,  I need your vote. I was born here, raised here, and was first elected as a State Representative here. I have lived here my entire life showing my commitment for everyone here. Whether as a private citizen or a Senator for the entire state I have never forgotten my roots here. This is why I ask for your vote. I will use my experience in a diverse state like Florida to lead our nation. I cannot allow a third term of a downhill spiral in our nation but instead will give our party and America a strong message about what is right for this country!
                      A speech in New Hampshire Thanks to people like Senator Ayotte I can feel our solid support. Whether here in New Hampshire or down in South Carolina I have been spread my message about fixing America tirelessly. I will end Obamacare and that viscious cap-and-trade bill. I will respect every life and will help our friends all around the world. America deserves better than a third term of dissapointment we deserve results.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

Press Conference by the Sandoval Campaign
Thank you all for being with us today.

Our weekly schedule will be released tomorrow afternoon. We are very pleased with poll numbers this week - we have officially caught Governor Bush nationally, only trailing him by 2 points. We've opened up an 8 point lead in Iowa, are virtually tied in South Carolina with Senator Rubio, and we're polling double-digits in New Hampshire.

We will remain in Iowa for the first of the week before spending two days in South Carolina. Thursday, we will begin a 5 day "Sunshine Tour". I'm very excited to start campaigning in Florida, and I fully plan on competing there.

I now open it up to questions.

Question 1: Governor Sandoval, Senator McCaskill has dropped out, and Gillibrand is already the Democratic nominee. Your thoughts?

Well, I'm sure many Democratic voters are discouraged at how this has played out - while I have no doubt Gillibrand's liberal record in the Senate will please the base, I think it's good for both sides to have a spirited, competitive primary, as it gives voters a chance to learn a lot more about their candidates, and it gives them a choice. While having a crowded GOP field means it'll be longer until we can focus on the General Election, I enjoy it, as it gives us a chance to debate idea's and gives GOP voters a chance to make an informed decision on who will best leader our party forward. I like that, and hope it continues this way.

Question 2: Governor Christie has stated that America doesn't need another Bush and that we should look forward. What's your opinion on this disagreement between Governor Christie and Governor Bush?

Look, a name's just a name - I'm not going to vote for or against someone because of what their last name is. I thank both Governor Bush and the two President's for their service to America. Oh, same with Christie (laughter). Look, I have respect for both men - to me, this race is about proving to Republicans why I'm the best candidate. Like Governor Bush, I come from a swing-state. Actually, my state has been trending to Democrats, with Obama carrying the state by double-digits in 2008. Yet not only did I manage to win there, I was also reelected comfortably. As Governor of Nevada, I have a strong record to stand behind - a record of fiscal responsibility, job creation, and lower taxes. More and more American's are believing in our message, and I look forward to one day getting to be able to work to make America great again as her President.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »

Chris Christie Speech in Manchester, NH

"...you know lately I had a lot of reference to the Jersey Shore, now let me ask you something do I really look like someone that belongs on Jersey Shore?

[Laughter]

And besides they're not even from Jersey, Cuomo in New York there kicked them out.

[Laughter]

Anyway, I love the comparison to the people on that show and myself. You know I've been called loud and bombastic. Well look, I can get loud and perhaps little bombastic, but it is only because I'm so passionate about this country. We've had eight years of absolute and utter failure from Barack Obama, I don't want to see us endure failure for another four years. So, yes I'm fired up, but frankly that's what this country needs. We need a fighter, we need someone to champion the cause of freedom and opportunity. Someone who will fight for the American Dream. I am that candidate, I will be that President if you allow the great honor to serve!

[Cheers]

My record is what it is. I am a Conservative. I'm running as a Conservative. I'm running on a Conservative platform of less government, creating a flat tax system, less spending and a return to constitutional based principles.

[Cheers]

And I'm proposing here today that the remaining candidates in the race for the nomination of our party meet in one of the early states and have a real debate. Not one of these moderated nonsense ones where we speak from thirty seconds and that's it. I suggest a Lincoln-Douglas style debate if you will, my campaign will front the expense, but I want us to discuss and draw the contrasts and actually speak directly to the people.

So I'm asking my friends in this race, let's have a debate!"

[Cheers]
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 06:27:03 AM by Alfred F. Jones »

November 23, 2012, 11:23 AM. Capitol Building, Washington

Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is making a statement on the 2016 campaign.

"Hello. To my constituents in Vermont, to the press here, and to everyone watching at home. The presidency of Barack Obama has been a success, but now we are faced with a great challenge. The Republican Party is seeking to undo everything we have done over the past 8 years, and it's not guaranteed that the current Democratic nominee won't concede to them. We need more. Not just a continuation of the president's policies, but more. We need to prosecute the Wall Streeters who got us into the mess of 2007. We need to make America fair again. We need someone who is truly committed to the principles of the Democratic Party. That's why I'm announcing today that I am officially entering the 2016 race as a Democrat. When Kirsten Gillibrand was in the House, she was not committed to our principles. However, throughout my career in Washington, I have. I will be the nominee in September, I will go beyond what we've done so far, and I will campaign as hard as I can to make sure that I can expand my commitment to every United State of America!"

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:27 PM »

Allen West schedule
11/17 Iowa
Rally in Ames
Rally in Des Moines
Rally in Sioux City

11/18 Iowa
Rally in Iowa City
Rally in Waterloo
Rally in Sioux Falls
Rally in Cedar Rapids

11/19 Florida

Rally in Daytona
Rally in Sanford
Rally in Titusville
Rally in Tallahassee

11/20 Florida    
Rally in Gainesville
Rally in Jacksonville
Rally in Lake City
Rally in Chattahoochee

11/21 Florida   
Rally in Ocala
Rally in Leesburg
Rally in Clearwater
Rally in Bradenton

11/22 South Carolina
Rally in Myrtle Beach
Rally in Laurens
Rally in Sheldon

11/23 South Carolina
Rally in Columbia
Rally in Sumter
Rally in Spartanburg
Rally in Greenwood
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »

I thought we could only be in 2 states per week. Speaking of which:

Bernie Sanders: Schedule for 11/17-11/23

11/17: IA
Rallys in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City

11/18: IA

Rallys in Waterloo and Sioux Falls
Speech in Des Moines

11/19: IA
General campaigning in Davenport and Ames

11/20: IA
Rally in Bettendorf
Speech in Ames

11/21: IA
Speech in Cedar Falls

11/22: IA
General campaigning in Marion and Burlington

11/23: IA
General campaigning in Clinton, Ottumwa, and Fort Dodge

From rally in Des Moines:

"I have been committed to getting money out of politics for years, and let me tell you this: My campaign will not accept a single dollar from a corporation. I will only take money from you, the good people of the state of Iowa and of the United States of America. We can't have a multimillionaire like Mitt Romney buy anymore elections! Over the years, my opponent and her supporting PACs--of which I will have none--has taken in millions from Wall Street. Billionaires are the ones with the power in today's Washington culture, and I intend to change that! If I am elected President, I will do everything in my power to ban corporate spending in elections. I hope that you all can work with me to take America back. Thank you, and good night!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »

I thought we could only be in 2 states per week. Speaking of which:

Two states per "day" during the "week" This is not a real life day or week.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »

Ah. That makes much more sense. Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 17-23

Monday, November 17th: Meet and Greet in Jefferson, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Jackson, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Sioux City, Iowa; Republican Club Meeting in Sioux City, Iowa.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks while speaking to local Republicans at a club meeting in Sioux City.

In a little over a month, Iowans will be caucusing, and from now until then, expect to see my face in Iowa even more. I've spent more time in Iowa than any other candidate, and I believe I'm more committed to winning this state than any of them. It's starting to pay off, as our lead here is close to ten points!

Republicans need a leader to face off against the Democratic nominee in the General Election who is tested, experienced, and has been successful. I'm all three of those, and also provide a fresh voice - American's are tired of the same faces dominating politics. It's time for fresh blood, and I provide exactly that!

Tuesday, November 18th: Campaign Rally in Correctionville, Iowa; Townhall in Holstein, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ida Grove, Iowa.

Wednesday, November 19th: Meet and Greet in Forrest Acres, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina; Townhall in Shandon, South Carolina.

While speaking to a crowd in Shandon, Governor Sandoval responds to a comment made by Governor Christie.

Governor Christie wants a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, with no moderators, similar to what Gingrich asked for in 2012. You know what, I'm game for it, as long as all candidates can participate in it. My message to Governor Christie - Bring it on!

Thursday, November 20th: Meet and Greet in Ridgeway, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina; TV Appearance on Bill O'Reiley.

Friday, November 21st: Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, Florida; Campaign Rally in Orange Park, Florida; Townhall in Palm Valley, Florida

Thank you! It's great to finally be in the great state of Florida, and with this warm weather, I'm loving it!

We've been blessed to see a surge in the past couple of months, and we're now in a dead heat with Governor Bush nationally. As I've said from the beginning, our strategy in this primary is to compete in every state, and hope that in the end we'll be able to amass enough delegates to get a clear majority. Florida is certainly a part of our strategy.

Barack Obama came to Florida back in 2008 and promised hope and change. He promised to "heal the world" and "turn back the tides". Today, our economy is worse, our image to foreign nation has weakened, and Americans have lost hope, not gained. America needs a new direction, and I'll provide that as your President!

Saturday, November 22nd: Campaign Rally in Palm Coast, Florida; Campaign Rally in Daytona Beach, Florida; Campaign Rally in Deltona, Florida; Townhall in Sanford, Florida

Sunday, November 23rd: Appearance on FOX News Sunday; Attends Church in Orlando, Florida; Campaign Rally in Orlando, Florida; Townhall in Orlando, Florida
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:25 AM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 16 - Nov. 22, 2015)

Monday, November 16th (Florida and Ohio)

8:00 AM Meet and Greet - Edgewood Bakery, Jacksonville, FL
11:00 AM Rally at Friendship Fountain - Jacksonville, FL

"I chose this fountain today because I think we can all agree that friendship is something that can often be forgotten in the world of national politics. Too often, politicians disregard basic interpersonal relationships to score cheap political points. Interaction with colleagues and friends from across the aisle is discouraged - and even among members of one's own party - the attacks persist. Just look at the Republican primary in this race: they are vilifying their opposition, not engaging it. That's something that we have to change in Washington so that politicians are more concerned with bridging their differences than increasing them. Our Founders wanted us to come together to form a more PERFECT Union, not a more fractured one. As a member of the Senate Women's caucus and as part of the Democratic Leadership Team in the Senate, I have done my utmost to reach across the aisle and see where politicians from different regional and cultural backgrounds can interact for the good of the country. Finding common ground is the foundation this country was built on; as with the restoration of the American Dream, we must return to the Founders' principles!"

2:30 PM Visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Cleveland, OH
4:00 PM Rally at Progressive Field - Cleveland, OH (35,000 attendees expected)
5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Normandy High School - Parma, OH
8:00 PM Fundraising dinner with major bundlers - Blue Point Grille, Cleveland, OH

Tuesday, November 17th (Indiana and Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Shelby St. Diner, Indianapolis, IN
10:30 AM Press-conference at Indiana Statehouse - Indianapolis, IN

...answering a question on swing states...

"AI think Indiana is an incredibly important state in the general election. President Obama won it in 2008 and Speaker Gingrich won it four years ago. I don't think it is out of reach and, if fact, I want to make it perfectly clear: reclaiming the American Dream isn't limited by state boundaries. It is a movement that is embraced by people all across this great country and I will make sure that this campaign does everything in its power to remain competitive in all 50 states. It may start in Indiana, but it doesn't end here! I think our message resonates well with the industrial heartland of this country and I think that we will be heading to victory in the Hoosier State next November!"

1:00 PM Rally at Lake County Superior Courthouse - Gary, IN
3:00 PM Visit and photo-op at the Claim House - Davenport, IA
4:30 PM Rally at Mays Island - Cedar Rapids, IA
6:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner - North High School, Sioux City, IA

Wednesday, November 18th (South Dakota) Great Plains Bus Tour

8:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Whisk and Chop, Sioux Falls, SD
11:00 AM Speech on "Conserving our Landscape" - Falls of the Big Sioux River, Sioux Falls, SD

"Look a these falls! What a treasure that we've inherited! And what a treasure to pass on to our children! (audience cheers) We need to remember this because environmental preservation isn't - as some would claim - meant as a hindrance to business development. Preserving the environment is something that is good for its own ends - to preserve an ecosystem, to maintain the pristine appearance of our national treasures - but that is also good four our personal benefit. Ensuring that pollutants aren't dumped into waterways - such as the Big Sioux River - not only ensures that this river will remain safe and limpid for generations to come, it also protects our water supply and ensures that our own health is preserved."

2:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Michelle's Marina, Chamberlain, SD
3:30 PM Visit to Ft. Pierre National Grassland - Ft. Pierre, SD
5:00 PM Rally at South Dakota State Capitol - Pierre, SD
7:30 PM Town Hall on wind energy at Selby High School - Selby, SD
8:30 PM Fundraising dinner with major donors - RDG Grill Room, Houston, TX

Thursday, November 19th (North Dakota) Great Plains Bus Tour

11:00 AM Brunch and Meet and Greet - Harvest Restaurant and Grill, Linton, ND
2:30 PM Rally at Bismarck State College - Bismarck, ND
3:45 PM Visit and press conference to St. Alexius Medical Center - Bismarck, ND

...answering a question on rising insurance prices...

"First of all, I think that not enough has been done in dealing with rising premiums. This is an across-the-board problem, but it especially affects seniors and I think that there are common-sense ways to solve this problem. First, we should make sure there is free competition on the open market and that no insurance company is being given any preferential tax treatment over any other company in the market. Second, I think that overhead costs are very high - especially in our public hospitals. Since these hospitals are indeed public, we can and must make sure that their costs are reigned in. This doesn't have to affect the quality of care: digitizing records is something that can save vast quantities of money and I think that such an option should be explored for all public hospitals. Finally, if the price of premiums continue to rise, we should consider a healthcare tax credit, especially for those over 50 and not eligible for Medicaid."

7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Little Missouri Saloon and Dining Room, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora, ND

Friday, November 20th (Montana) Great Plains Bus Tour

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Gallagher's Family Restaurant, Miles City, MT
9:15 AM Town Hall Meeting at Miles Community College - Miles, MT
12:30 PM Rally at Montana State University - Billings, MT

"Montana has been always been a state that LEADS THE FUTURE! The ranchers and pioneers that traveled out here to tame this wild land had a vision, a dream, for their future and that of their country. They did their job well and we honor legacy and look up to their vision. That's why we need to elect someone as president who has a vision for the future: a clear vision of what this country is built on and where it is headed. Specific proposals are great - and I have already enumerated many - but we have to make sure that these proposals fall within a specific vision for this Nation's future. I have that vision: WE MUST LEAD THE FUTURE!"

6:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Capital High School - Helena, MT
7:30 PM Sit-down interviews with KTVH channel 12, KHBB-LP channel 21, and KXLH-LP channel 25 - campaign bus, near Helena, MT

Saturday, November 21st (Wyoming) Great Plains Bus Tour

10:00 AM Fundraising Breakfast - The Bunnery Bakery & Restaurant - Jackson, WY
11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at Colter Elementary School - Jackson, WY
2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Shoshoni Elementary School - Shoshoni, WY

"You don't see many presidential candidates around, do you Shoshoni? (crowd cheers) Well, I wanted to break the streak because I've been speaking to people all across this country over the past few months and they all ask me the same thing: where did the American Dream go? There is desperation and stress in their eyes and there shouldn't be, because we are the United States of America and we do big things! We want the Dream back and we will get it back! Won't we?! (crowd cheers 'YES') We will and we must! Let's LEAD THE FUTURE and RESTORE THE DREAM!"

5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Casper Community College - Casper, WY

Sunday, November 22nd (Colorado)

Day of Rest in Arapaho National Forrest with Gillibrand boys - Colorado

Note:
The ad Strength of a Woman began airing this week and the $7 million early state buy will expand to $12 million and will increase its coverage to include Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico, and Southern Texas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »

Allen West in Greenwood South Carolina.

"Now, last I checked, we were not polling so high, but you know what I say to that----those polls are wrong. I believe I am the best candidate to face Senator Gillibrand, and thats why I am staying in the race".
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »

Jeb Bush Rally, Patriots Point at Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

Thank you, South Carolina.

Cheering

Thank You. Man, it's a beautiful day here in South Carolina. Man, the song was right: "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning."

Cheering

Also, I'm privileged to be here at Patriots Point. Here, where the USS Yorktown currently serves as a tribute to those who have died to make liberty a reality for not only those who already had it, but for those who were under the boot of totalitarianism.

Cheering

South Carolina is a very important state. As we have seen, whoever wins South Carolina goes on to win the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Cheering

We need your help. All eyes will be on South Carolina in a few months, and you all can make it or break it for any candidate. We need to have you on board if we are going to go toe-to-toe with Gillibrand next year.

We have many people saying "We don't need to go back."

Booing

We have people on both sides, who have scant records, who want to make the race about someone's name, rather than their ideas or character.

Booing

But that's okay. That just exposes how weak their own candidacies are. One thing's for sure, I promise never to make Christie's name an issue in this campaign.

Laughter

Now, I believe I may have made a mistake. Yes, my friends, I believe I have been to hard on Governor Christie regarding Jersey Shore. The Show's producers would never have considered him for a role since he vetoed a tax credit the show.

Laughter

So, Governor, for that I apologize.

Laughter, Applause

Seriously, we need to run a campaign based on ideas, rather than entertainment. We need to have a serious discussion on how we can bring America back from the brink instead of how a person's name disqualifies him from being a serious candidate. We need someone who will work to get things done rather than to do things to gain attention in the spotlight.

I offer myself as that candidate who will run on character, issues, and getting things done.

We are losing our opportunity, and our universal "right to rise." This is not a TV show. We need to show the American people we are serious in fixing the problems our country is facing with the threat to individual liberties from every side.

One thing I can guarantee to you, I will fight every step of the way for a nation to rewards hard work, instead of punishing it. A nation that treasures life, instead of degrades it. A nation that stands for freedom, and will look evil in the eye, and will fight evil like the brave men and women that gave their lives for our freedom instead of appeasing evil, and remaining in our shell.

America is ready-You know it, and I know it-for someone who stands for life, liberty, and opportunity for all! And with your help, we can do this.

Cheering

To further make our case, I accept Governor Christie's offer of an open debate. Then, we will let the voters decide who should be our standard bearer next year.

Cheering
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »

How dare you force people to laugh and applause!

Update will come later. I'm at the library doing some work now, but I have some head-to-head match ups for you as well as some more narrative. Just FYI, I'm saving the exciting dystopian (or utopian) narrative for the general election....although this Pakistan/Iran/India/Afghanistan thing will be very exciting as well.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

An E-mail to Supporters from the Sanders Campaign:

Citizens:

A $5 million ad buy in Iowa and New Hampshire is going out this week, focusing on our principles as Democrats and my relations to those principles. I'd just like to ask you all to help us with that and keep the money flowing. We can't stand up to the special interests without you guys, and we can't get anything done without the end of special interests. I am asking you to do all you can to help me in my campaign for President this year and next. We need to take America back from the Republican agenda of class warfare for the rich and against the middle class. They've been doing it for over 30 years now, and only you can help us stop them.

Best wishes,

Bernie Sanders.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

How dare you force people to laugh and applause!

Update will come later. I'm at the library doing some work now, but I have some head-to-head match ups for you as well as some more narrative. Just FYI, I'm saving the exciting dystopian (or utopian) narrative for the general election....although this Pakistan/Iran/India/Afghanistan thing will be very exciting as well.

I meant laughter, followed by applause.

Just the same, don't discredit the voters of South Carolina. They could laugh and applaud at the same time if they wanted to. Wink
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »

Jeb Bush, Greenville, South Carolina on Social Issues

When our nation was founded over 200 years ago, our Founding Fathers either had, or were influenced by, a distinctive, Judeo-Christian worldview. Their beliefs that came from the Word of God reinforced their classical liberal views on the dignity of the individual. Because they believed that's man was made in God's image, the Founders thus believed that each and every person was imputed with "certain inalienable rights" by his Creator. "That among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." True, we have not always lived up to those standards, but we strive continuously as a nation to make that ideal a reality.

Unfortunately, in the past seven years, those ideals of "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" have been under continual assault. The Obama Administration has held these ideals in contempt in an attempt to remake society in a new image.

"Life," arguably the most sacred right of all, has been tossed aside. All insurance companies have been forced to pay for contraceptives and "morning after" abortion pills. Contrary to any flimsy executive order, abortions will be funded by federal dollars. Although dismissed as mere hoaxes, so-called "death-panels" end of life counseling will lead to the rationing of care, that occurs rampantly in places such as the United Kingdom.

"Liberty" has also taken a hit with the Administration insisting that Catholic and other religious institutions comply with its insistence that such institutions should cover contraceptives. Even on the local level, religious institutions concerning adoption have been forced to close their doors since local governments, such as in D.C.,  because such adoption centers believe that a child should have the benefit of a mother AND a father. Even military chaplains are discouraged, if not out right prohibited, from invoking the name of Christ at military functions.

The "Pursuit of Happiness," although not considered a social issue, affects spiritual liberty as well. Ronald Reagan once noted that when governments attempt to control the economy, they really control people. Liberals believe they can have a centrally planned economy without infringing on the rights of individuals. Little do they realize that when the government guarantees your healthcare, your house, your paycheck, or any other necessity of life, they will find that they are beholden to the same entity that provided for them, and will have very little opportunity to pursue happiness.

My friends, I realize that I have painted a dower image of what we as Christians and Americanists face. But we can take our society back. We can end the war on religion, and guarantee that our God-given rights are not infringed upon, from the womb to the tomb. We can secure for oursleves and our posterity these rights. We must, can, and will fight to restore the American promise of Life's Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, with the help of God. I ask that you continue to pray for God's hand of protection and guidance over my family as well as the other candidates. I also ask that you continue to pray for our nation as we enter this election: that God will rise up the right person to lead our nation.

Thank you; God bless you; and God bless the United States of America.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2012, 07:24:28 PM »

Hold on, what happened in the 2012 election? If we're going to make historical references, we should at least be consistent. Or has this been mentioned?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »

Hold on, what happened in the 2012 election? If we're going to make historical references, we should at least be consistent. Or has this been mentioned?

Go to the first page of the sign up thread. There you'll find the background to the election.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2012, 07:57:22 PM »

Got it.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »

Sorry about the delay on the update. We'll continue "this week" into sunday --and Monday will be the "next week"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »

9/23: Brian Sandoval

Brian Sandoval made an appearance on FOX News Sunday with Chris Wallace.

Good morning, Governor Sandoval? How are things down in Florida?

Thanks, Chris. Good morning to you too! It's great down here, I'm really enjoying the weather!

You started this race at the bottom of the pack, and now you're at the top. It seems anywhere you visit, your support increases. What do you make of that?

Well, Chris, I think Republicans are looking for a proven conservative to run in 2016. In 2000, Republicans ran an executive, someone who solid experience at leading a state, and we won. Our last three failed candidates, Speaker Gingrich, Senator McCain, and Senator Dole...none of them had the experience of managing a government. Now, our last three successful nominee's, President George W Bush, President George HW Bush, who's executive experience came from serving as Vice President), and President Reagan all had that experience.

It's not just having that experience though, it's how you managed it. I took Nevada from the bottom to the top in just a few years, and we've balanced the budget here for 3 straight years. I went against the odds to become the first Latino to be elected to a statewide position in Nevada, and additionally, I've won twice in a state that voted for Obama twice. I have a solid record and I can win - I believe that's why more and more Republicans, Independents, and even Democrats are gravitating towards my campaign.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »

AHEM, the much delayed update. I apologize. Memes got me sidetracked.

Polling:

GOP - National

Bush: 30%
Sandoval: 25%
Christie: 20%
Rubio: 17%
West: 8%

Dem - National

Gillibrand: 67%
Sanders: 5%

New Hampshire - GOP

Christie:  35%
Bush: 30%
Sandoval: 15%
West: 3%

New Hampshire - Dems

Gillibrand: 73%
Sanders: 7%

GOP - South Carolina

Ruibo: 23%
Sandoval: 22%
Christie: 16%
Bush: 16%
West: 11%

Dems - South Carolina

Gillibrand: 60%
Sanders: 2%

GOP - Florida

Bush: 40%
Rubio: 36%
West: 10%
Christie: 6%
Sandoval: 5%

HEAD TO HEAD MATCH UPS

Gillibrand: 40%
Christie: 45%

Gillibrand: 44%
Sandoval: 37%

Gillibrand: 45%
Bush: 50%

Gillibrand: 43%
Rubio: 39%

Gillibrand: 44%
West: 33%

Narrative:

The overriding narrative in the media is the increasing violence in Afghanistan. President Obama has said that the United States will not put troops on the ground and his Joint Chiefs of Staff was quoted as saying "putting troops on the ground in Afghanistan would be as stupid as putting troops back in Vietnam." Some are going as far to say that there is a civil war going in Afghanistan with forces. The military forces are divided up into two factions -- one that is pro-government, one that is anti. Another faction is the Taliban who is trying to gain control of the government, and they do have some military support.

India has accused Pakistan of supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan and US intelligence backs up the accusation. Pakistani and Indian forces have exchanged small bursts of fire but both sides seem unwilling to engage each other.  China has offered to negotiate talks between the two nations sensing that a war in the region would not benefits its own economy or national security. A vote, called on by Pakistan, to condemn Indian actions in Iran fails to gain movement in the United Nations.

The problems in central Asia are going to dominate the next Republican debate (OOC - tomorrow, I'll post questions in the morning).

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2012, 01:58:34 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 02:00:35 AM by spamage »

Marco Rubio 11/23-29

11/23 South Carolina
    Rally in Greenville
    Speech in Columbia
    Meet and Greet in North Charleston

11/24 South Carolina/ Florida