2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73096 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
« edited: February 13, 2012, 06:48:10 PM by NHI »

Christie Schedule: 11/24-11/29

Christie in Dover, New Hampshire.

24: Rally in Ames, IA, Town Hall in Clinton, IA, Town Hall in Wheatland, IA, Appearance on AC 360, Appearance on The David Letterman Show
25: Rally in Manchester, NH, Town Hall in Jefferson, NH, Town Hall in Colebrook, NH, Town Hall in Littleton, NH, Appearance on Hannity
26: Thanksgiving. No Events Scheduled
27: Rally in Portsmouth, NH, Town Hall in Rochester, NH, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Town Hall in Laconia, NH, Rally with Gov. Lamontagne in Dixville Notch, NH
28: Town Hall in Plaistow, NH, Town Hall in Salem, NH, Town Hall in Wolfeboro, NH, Visit Charmingfare Farm in Candida, NH
29: Town Hall in Plymouth, NH, Town Hall in Kenne, NH, Town Hall in Jaffrey, NH, Rally in Manchester, NH with Gov. Lamontagne, Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
30: Town Hall in Spring Hill, FL, Rally in Tampa, FL, Town Hall in Miami, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL

"I'm glad Governor Bush and Governor Sandoval have accepted my offer to a debate. Not one of these usual soundbite debates, but a real discussion on the issues facing America. I propose we meet back here in the Granite State, and I welcome the other candidates to join us, so we can whittle through the the talking points and find a candidate to best represent our party and lead America come January 20, 2017."

Statement from the Christie Campaign
"In the coming week The Governor will be giving a major speech on Education in America and his plan to make America the leader in that field again."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »

Republican debate questions. You have until Tuesday night to answer the questions. Feel free to exchange fire with other GOP candidates.

Questions

1) President Obama has vowed not to put boots in the ground in Afghanistan. Do you support this decision? What action would you consider as President?

2) Congressman Ron Paul, who ran for President several times, recently passed away. Paul had a strict policy of non-interventionism. Would you intervene in the India/Iran conflict? How does a war between Iran/India affect US national security?

3) The group Anonymous has recently shutdown the CIA website and has posted police officer's personal information online. The Department of Defense spends $10 billion per year on defense againsy cyberterrorism and the FBI has said that a major cyber attack is likely. Do you think an attack is likely? Are we adequately funding anti-cyberterrorism efforts?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

1. "Our efforts militarily in Afghanistan are over. It is time for us to start nation building at home, and while it isn't always the case I agree with the President. We need to let the people of Afghanistan fight their own battles. Now, as President I would send aid over in order to see the Taliban does not regain it's strength."

2. "The United States should become involved in the conflict, if and only if there is a direct attack on us. Obviously, we need to look out for our friend India, but I believe they are capable to fight the battle on their own. We also have to realize that in this strife Pakistan has a choice, either they are with us or against us. There cannot be this gray area with them, pick a side a stand on it."

3. "Cyber-terrorism is the next big thing, and frankly we need to be better prepared for it. We've been focused on the next physical attack and while we must remain vigilant, the next wave will come in the form of a cyber attack. If a protest group is able to shut down the CIA's website, then we have a problem. It's time to get serious about the possibility of a cyber attack, and be proactive, and instead of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, should it happen and we're not prepared. I would advocate more spending and more watches on nations like China that could perpetuate an attack like this."
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »

Are the primaries/caucuses in the same order as 2012? If not, what order are they in?

Also, does everyone have ballot access in all 50 states?

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »

Are the primaries/caucuses in the same order as 2012? If not, what order are they in?

Also, does everyone have ballot access in all 50 states?

Stop posting questions on here. All questions go to the rules/sign up thread which has a list of all primaries.

Everyone has ballot access in all 50 states. 15 percent threshold for delegates in all states excluding winner take all
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 03:53:14 PM by Alfred F. Jones »

OK, thanks. Now:

Bernie Sanders: 11/24 to 11/30 (Entire week in IA)Sad

11/24:
Rally in Ames
Speech in Waterloo

11/25:
General campaigning in Waterloo

11/26:
Speeches in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids
Appearance on the Daily Show

11/27:
Rallies in Cedar Rapids, Dubuque

11/28:
Speech in Clive
Rallies in Davenport, Sioux City

11/29:
Speeches in Iowa City, Marian, and Bettendorf

11/30:
General campaigning across state

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 05:58:47 PM by Florida Paleocons for Paul »

Allen West debate response.

1. President Obama has decided not to put boots on the ground, and I could not disagree more. Obama's policies are too cut and run, and give up all our men sacrificed for. Radical Islam is still a major threat, and we cannot cut and run from it.

2. Congressman Paul was a good man, and it is very sad to hear of his passing, but I must say his effect on the GOP in 2012 was adverse. His platform of appeasement to Iran would be equally as bad if not worst then what Obama is doing now. We need to put troops in Afghanistan, and India, and fight back the scourge of radical Islam in order to defend our Israeli and Indian allies.

3. My answer is simple. Cyber terrorism is terrorism, and terrorism is treason!

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

Favorability Ratings Nationally

Favorable/Unfavorable/Unsure etc

Chris Christie: 45/40/19

Brian Sandoval: 40/30/30

Jeb Bush: 46/45/9

Allen West: 30/40/30

Kirsten Gillibrand: 48/45/7

(Remember the debate for the GOP is up)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Debate Responses

1. Thank you for the question. What is currently going on in Afghanistan is a world crisis, and we have a President who has taken a weak and rather silent stance on the issue. This has been a reoccurring theme throughout his administration, from Libya to Egypt to this. America needs and deserves a President who will stand up for American values, not apologize for them, and I think any of the candidates on this stage would be a huge improvement over what we've had for the past 7 years.

Look, as President, I won't rule out any decision. If I were President today, I would not send troops to Afghanistan for the time being. However, if the situation drastically escalated there, I think all of us would agree that it's something that would be on the table. As President, I will make sure to surround myself with advisers, hear the pro's and con's of every possible path to take, and then make a decision based on what I think is best for America's future.

2. First off, I want to take a moment to honor Doctor Paul. Ron Paul spent many years not only fighting for our nation overseas, but also fighting in Washington D.C. for constitutional values and liberty. Mr. Paul did a great service to our nation, and he will forever be missed.

I believe the answer for now would be to provide aid to India, our ally, but I do not believe the solution for America is to become immersed in another war. However, if there is a threat to our national security, yes, an attack would be appropriate.

3. With the age of the internet comes cyber-terrorism, and unfortunately it is becoming a greater and greater threat to our nation. Our nation has built up strong forces to defend a physical attack, but not enough is being done on cyber-terrorism. Funding for cyber-terrorism defense is necessary for America to remain safe in the future, and more funds will be shifted to it if I am President. Thank you.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 11:57:59 AM by tmthforu94 »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 23rd-30th
(How did I get off on dates? Roll Eyes This is right, starts on the last Monday in November)

Brian Sandoval will spend Monday and Tuesday finishing his tour of Florida, before taking a bus tour back to Iowa, traveling through South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Illinois.

Monday, November 23rd: Campaign Rally in Fort Meyers, Florida; Townhall in Sarasota, Florida; Fundraiser in Tampa, Florida

Question from Audience at Townhall in Sarasota, Florida.

Governor Sandoval, you're currently at just 5% in Florida, yet you're still here. Why?

Well, I'd like to point out that I don't think this poll has taken in the full effect of my swing through the state, nor the fact that I just became one of the first candidates to go on the air here. I'm here in Florida because I believe Florida is a state I can win. While West, Rubio, and Bush all have an upper hand here, I think I also have an upper hand of being a conservative, minority Governor from a swing state who did a helluva a job. I have a strong record to stand behind, and that's how I plan on winning over voters in the Sunshine State. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 24th: Meet and Greet in Tampa, Florida; Campaign Rally in Gainesville, Florida; Townhall in Jacksonville, Florida

Governor Sandoval spoke to a crowd in Gainesville, Florida.

Thank you all! It's been such a pleasure to spend the last few days in the Sunshine State, and I've received such a warm reception! This election is a crucial one, and it'll determine whether America continues on down a dangerous, debt-ridden path, or a path of prosperity and economic freedom. That's the America I want, and if you agree, I ask for your vote when the primary process comes to Florida.

Wednesday, November 25th: Campaign Rally in Hilton Head, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Aiken, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Waynesville, Tennessee

Governor Brian Sandoval's wife, Kathleen, made the following speech at a rally in Aiken, South Carolina.

Thank you all, thank you so much. Let me say, spending time on the campaign trail with Brian these past few months has been such a blessing, and I look forward to seeing you all many more times in the future.

I've met many good friends along the way, and I've also picked up on a common theme - Americans are still hurting. Americans desperately want a leader in the White House, someone who is committed to them. I urged Brian to run in this race because I believe he can be that leader. He is a man of integrity, compassion, and honesty...qualities we need in a President.

Thursday, November 26th: Campaign Rally in Knoxville, Tennessee; Townhall in Bowling Green, Kentucky; Townhall in Owensboro, Kentucky.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following statement to reporters in Knoxville, Tennessee, before holding a campaign rally.

Look, I've stated all along that I plan on contesting every state. Tennessee is not one of the lead-off states, but it is still important to our strategy. I believe folks in Tennessee will take a liking to my strong record as both an Attorney General and as a Governor, and I hope to carry this state on Primary day. Thank you!

Friday, November 27th: Campaign Rally in Evansville, Indiana; Campaign Rally in Vincennes, Indiana; Republican Club Meeting in Terre Haute, Indiana.

College Student made the following remarks before Governor Sandoval took the stage in Terre Haute, Indiana.

I've followed Governor Sandoval's career since he started running for Governor in 2010, and from that moment, I had a gut feeling this guy might be our next President. I wish I had put some stock on it, seeing where we're at today! (laughter)

I think we can all agree that President Obama has been a colossal disappointment. It's time for America to have a leader who believes in America, someone who has a proven conservative record and can win over minorities and independents. Yeah, Governor Sandoval is currently trailing Senator Gillibrand, but also look at his approvals! He has more room to grow than any other candidate. Put his record up against her's, and I think we stand a solid chance in November with Governor Sandoval as our nominee.

Saturday, November 28th: Campaign Rally in Effingham, Illinois; Campaign Rally in Springfield, Illinois; Townhall in Peoria, Illinois

Governor Brian Sandoval spoke to a crowd of approximately 560 in Effingham, Illinois.

It's great to be in the Land of Lincoln!

Far and wide, we're meeting Americans in this primary that are concerned about the state of our nation, and want a change. Back in 2008, Barack Obama promised change, but it wasn't the change we wanted. Instead, we got more government, more spending, and more problems. I also want to change America...for the better. Let's cut taxes, cut spending, and cut government regulations. That is how we can achieve economic prosperity, and that is what I'll do as your President!

Sunday, November 29th: Meet and Greet in Davenport, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Governor Kim Reynolds made the following comments at a rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa.

It's great to have Governor Sandoval back in Iowa! Judging from his campaign schedule, I'm sure he's very exhausted. By the way, we're all very envious of you, spending a weekend in Florida!

Through it all, Governor Sandoval has been very committed to Iowa in this campaign, and I think it's important that we remember that on Caucus Day. I believe in Brian Sandoval, and I hope you join me in bringing the Hawkeye State in his corner!

Sunday, November 29th: Nevada
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »

Marco Rubio Debate Responses

1. We spent a decade helping free Afghanistan and now our president is just going to let all the hard work of many men and women go down the drain. This is just one of the irresponsible descions that this Administration has made. I completely disagree with his plan and view that if the descion is necessary I will take action.

2. I would first like to send my condolences to the Paul family. He was a great man and citizen for our country.
    In the current situation between Iran and India I believe our nation needs to take a hard line against Iran and openly aid India throughsupplies and equipment. If necessary due to a safety issue for our nation I believe it would be best for our nation to stand with India.

3.Cyberterrorism has been increasing steadily over the years. We need to begin taking a hard line on those willing to commit this version of terrorism. We need to spend more if it means protecting our nation's security. This  in my opinion just as big of a threat as other types of terrorism and needs to be treated as one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »

Allen West schedule: November 23rd-30th.
The West campaign will not be active for this week, as Congressman West has elected to stay home with friends and family. He will resume active campaigning next week.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 09:30:55 PM by MasterSanders, IDS Legislator »

Jeb Bush Debate Responses

1) President Obama effectively bungled our effort in Afghanistan. Look, Afghanistan was not the mistake: the mistake was not having a coherent strategy. Instead of focusing on eradicating the Taliban, we felt more obliged to restrain our fighting men and women, and indulge in nation building rather than focusing on the enemy.

I know some will try to use this forum as an opportunity to take potshots at my brother, who began our involvement in Afghanistan. But the President effectively undermined out effort in what was the "Good War" by preventing generals such as McChrystal from making critical decisions by dithering on the surge, and then declaring victory and going home.

Afghanistan was a cause that needed not be lost. We could have achieved a lasting victory by empowering our troops to defeat the enemy, and thus our men and women could have come home with their heads held high.

If Afghanistan becomes radicalized, and becomes a threat to interests to the United States, I would support sending troops back in if the situation warranted it.

2) We all on this stage salute the late Congressman Paul for his service.to his country in the military as well as the halls of Congress. He will be missed.

I did disagree with his non-interventionist attitude. That sort of thinking leads to a diminished America abroad. As a power, we may not be the "policeman of the world," we do have a moral obligation to confront Evil when it rears its ugly head.

As with the current conflict between India and Iran, we do need to tread lightly. Clearly, we need to increase our ties with India, an upcoming superpower. While we need to be careful in this situation, we don't need to simply ignore it, saying "it's not our fight." Due to some of our economic ties with India, and Iran's animosity toward us, we need to not only monitor the situation, but to provide logistical support foe India if need be.

As far as Pakistan goes, we need to pressure the Pakistanis to stay out of the conflict. We can do that by using our already copious aid to them as leverage.

3) I agree with Congressman West: cyberspace terrorism is just that, terrorism. We need to pursue such cyber terrorist groups such as Anonymous height all available means. We want no more Wikileaks, or Assanges, or Manningses, or Anonymouses using the Internet as a means to threaten our national security. We ought to send a clear, unequivocal message that we will not tolerate cyber terrorists, period.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 10:08:19 PM by MasterSanders, IDS Legislator »

Statement from Jeb Bush Campaign

We are pleased with polling that currently shows that Former Governor Jeb Bush currently has the best chance of beating Senator Gillibrand in a head-to-head match up. We believe the former governor's ideas and character have contributed to this early lead. We do not plan to let up, as we continue to aggressively promote our ideas to restore opportunity in our society that is key to the American way of life.

We also plan to begin buying air time in New Hampshire for a commercial comparing the records of Former Governors Christie and Bush, and promoting the latter's ideas for restoring opportunity.

Jeb Bush Campaign Tour, November 23-30, 2015

Monday, November 23, 2015

Concord, New Hampshire
Manchester, New Hampshire
Merrimack, New Hampshire

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Nashua, New Hampshire
South Merrimack, New Hampshire
Ponemah, New Hampshire
Milford, New Hampshire

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Amherst, New Hampshire
Peterborough, New Hampshire
Jaffrey, New Hampshire

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Bonds Corner, New Hampshire
Dublin, New Hampshire
Marlborough, New Hampshire
Keene, New Hampshire

Friday, November 27, 2015

Spofford, New Hampshire
Westmoreland, New Hampshire
Westmoreland, Depot, New Hampshire
Walpole, New Hampshire

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Claremont, New Hampshire
Kellyvile, New Hampshire
Newport, New Hampshire

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Rest.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »

At a press conference in Capitol Hill, Senator Rand Paul makes the following comments.

Good afternoon. Thank you all for being here today.

It's safe to say the race for the White House is heating up. This is arguably the most important race in American history. This race will determine whether America heads down a path of prosperity and economic freedom or a path of socialism and economic hardships.

My father was famously known for being a constitutionalist, also a libertarian-minded individual. I consider myself to be in the same boat my father was, and I hope to continue on the his legacy by fighting for small government and individual freedoms.

It's important that our next President shares the values my father had, the values I believe in. That's why today I'm announcing my support for Governor Brian Sandoval. Simply put, Governor Sandoval gets it. He understands the need to repeal Obamacare, cut government spending, passed a balanced budget amendment, and overall, just get America back on the right, constitutional track. Not only am I endorsing him, but I'll also be heading out on the campaign trail with him. I respect his opponents, but I firmly believe that Governor Sandoval is the best person in this race to lead America with conservative, constitutional values.

Thank you, and God Bless.

Statement by Governor Sandoval:

We are very blessed and honored to have Senator Paul's endorsement. His father was a fighter for liberty, as is he, and it will be an honor to campaign along side him in the coming months. As Dr. Paul said in the 2012 race, it's time to "Restore America Now". Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2012, 04:30:02 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Appearance:

Today at a rally in Bowling Green, Kentucky, Governor Sandoval was joined at a rally by former Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia.

Today, I'm here to make an endorsement in the GOP Presidential race, and guess who it is for? (laughter) Today, I'm endorsing Governor Brian Sandoval for President. I've been following this race closely for the past few months, and I've concluded that Brian Sandoval will be the best General Election candidate and would make the best President of the bunch. Governor Sandoval is a likeable guy, has proven to be a strong debator, and overall has the best record, in my opinion, of all the candidates.

Now, Governor Bush is going around talking up the fact that he does the best against Senator Gillibrand. Good for him, I think any of the candidates in this race will be able to beat her in the General Election. But we also see a lot in favorable ratings - Governor Bush just has a +1 rating, with 91% having made their minds up about him. Brian, while trailing Gillibrand, has a +10 favorable rating, with just 70% having their minds made up. Governor Sandoval has more room to grow than any of the other candidates in the race, and I think that when Americans learn his story, see his accomplishments, and just get to know him, even more Americans will like him.

America, it's time to have a President that works for you. Brian Sandoval WILL be that President. Thank you, and God Bless!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »

Monday, November 23rd: Brian Sandoval Campaign Rally in Sarasota, Florida

Good afternoon, Florida!

We are beginning to wrap up our swing of Florida, and it has been such a pleasure to meet Floridans. Throughout any campaign, candidates often focus on rhetoric, rather than actual idea's. I'll admit, I myself fall victim to that - we'll often say what we think will win votes, rather than what we will do as President. Today, I'm here to outline a few of my goals if I am elected to be your next President.

Despite what the President may claim, America is still hurting - our unemployment rate is still way too high, and our national debt continues to increase. America has now had 7 years of reckless, irresponsible leadership. We simply cannot afford 4 more years.

The foundations of the American economy must be rebuilt and restructured, and I will do that under the beliefs of hard work, free enterprise, and American innovation. American innovation is what brought this country to where it is today, and it is what will keep is going forward as the strongest nation in the world.

As President, the first way we can get to economic security is to cut government - Americans don't need the government telling us what to do. As President, the first thing I will do is sign an executive order to allow each state to opt out of Obamacare. It is unconstitutional, and we simply can't afford to leave it around. Secondly, we will privatize Amtrack, reduce subsidies for humanities and the arts, and eliminate Title X Family Planning funds. Also, my plan will reduce foreign aid by over $100 million dollar. My plans, these idea's will be unpopular with many - my goal as President isn't going to be to make as many friends as possible. My goal will be to get America on the right, secure path.

America's best days are ahead of us. Join me, and let's restore hope to Americans. Thank you, and God Bless!

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2012, 08:38:49 PM by spamage »

Sarah Palin:

Hello my fellow Republicans. The choice for my endorsement was difficult at first. But soon a cantidate emerged as my favorite. He stood out as a bold conservative alternative to the Democratic Party. Under his presidency America will rebound in our foreign policy and begin a nnew era contrasting the awful leadership of the past for years. For the reason Republicans I ask you to join me in voting for MARCO RUBIO!

Condi Rice:

Hello, and thank you for attending this news conference. This race has been very interesting with many cantidates who would all be an improvement on our current administration. But with my years as Sercetary of State I have met and delt with foreign issues. One of the few cantidates who I view as strong on  this issue is Marco Rubio. His stand on all issues not just foreign policy inspired me to make this desicion. Whether it was his victory in the Florida Senate election or his hard stand against protesters that were in favor of illegal immigration he has been a firm and strong cantidate.Thats why I need you to vote for him! Thank  you!

Statement from the Rubio Campaign: We greatly appreciate the endorsements of Governer Palin and Sercratary Rice. They have seen Rubio's commitment and we will be campigning with them over the next several weeks.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign

Retired 4-star General and former Commander of Afghanistan Forces Stanley McChrystal held a press conference in Washington D.C.

I have the most respect for President Obama, and thank him for serving as our nation's President. However, I firmly believe that now is the time for not just a new leader, but a new direction.

I've been watching all of the candidates closely, specifically in what they're saying on foreign policy. I believe that America is the greatest nation in the world, and I don't think that's something we should apologize for, rather, we should use our power to promote peace and democracy throughout the world. I want our next President to be someone who shares those beliefs with me. America deserves someone who isn't a war-monger, but is ready and prepared to protect America from an attack.

With all of that in mind, I have decided to endorse Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval for the Republican nomination. If he is willing, I would love to campaign with him on the campaign trail. America needs a strong, tested leader. America needs Brian Sandoval. Thank you, and God Bless.

Statement from Governor Brian Sandoval

It's truly an honor and a blessing to have the endorsement of General McChrystal. General McChrystal has risked his life fighting for the many freedoms we have as Americans, and will always be considered an American hero to me. It would be an honor to have him come out on the campaign trail with me.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

Rick Santorum

2012 was an exciting election year but 2016 looks as though it will be more interesting. The incompitence of the Administration will be continued if a Democrat is elected. On the Republican side I have been continuing to follow the race. It was early on I realized there was one cantidate that stood out. Whether it was their devotion to every life or their positive campaigning they stood out to me as a Conservative who can win. I followed his campaign since his announcement and am now proud to endorse United States Senator Marco Rubio.
   I view his competence on many issues and his experience in the Senate standing against Obamacare and cap-and-trade as assets for our victory when we take back the White House, lead our party to not just a presidential victory but those in the house and senate, and make 2016 a truly powerful year when America decides that apologizing to other nations doesn't cut it and that ignoring our worldwide allies is wrong. America, Rubio will lead our party and I hope you join me in voting for him. Thank you.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »

Bobby Jindal endorses Jeb Bush

Goose evening. I have been watching the race for quite some time now. And out of all the candidates, there has been only on whom I believe could reclaim the White House next year. That man is my dear friend, Jeb Bush.

Governor Bush has, by far, the best experience of anyone in the field. His example has been a model for every Republican governor, including myself. Governor Bush is an all-around conservative: he has worked to protect life, cut taxes, and reform education. He commands great dignity, and, as polls suggest, could hold his own against Senator Gillibrand.

We as a nation cannot afford to allow the Democrats four more years of free reign in the White House. We need someone with the credibility, experience, and the ideas to help us win in 2016; and I believe Jeb Bush is that man./i]

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:30 PM »

The next "week" starts now. December 1 - 8, 2015

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Debate Narrative:

Audience members at home found that Governor Bush had the best answers, followed closely by Governor Sandoval. Governor Christie came in third, neither impressing the audience or standing out like Sandoval or Bush did. Senator Rubio failed to distinguish himself from the crowd, coming in fourth, and Congressman West's performance was the least favorable of all the candidates in the debate.

Early Week Polling:

Democratic Primary New Hampshire:

Gillibrand: 78%
Sanders: 7%

Democratic Primary Iowa:

Gillibrand: 68%
Sanders: 3%

National GOP Polling:

Bush: 33%
Sandoval: 27%
Christie: 20%
Rubio: 15%
West: 5%

Iowa GOP Polling:

Sandoval: 33%
Bush: 25%
Christie: 18%
West: 15%
Rubio: 5%

NH GOP Polling:

Bush: 35%
Christie: 30%
Sandoval: 18%
Rubio: 12%
West: 1%

South Carolina GOP Polling:

Rubio: 23%
Sandoval: 22%
Bush: 16%
Christie: 16%
West: 11%

(Feel free to request states on the other thread)

As South Carolina voters start paying more attention to the race expect more changes in polling.

Continued Narrative:

War breaks out between Pakistan/Iran and India. The final stimulus was a small exchange between Pakistani and Indian forces near the Kashmir which quickly escalated. Currently, Indian forces have pushed Pakistani forces behind their own lines and the United Nations has quickly called on both nations to stop and for nuclear weapons to not be used.

Reportedly, the United States is considering "securing" the nuclear facilities in Pakistan. Pakistan has not taken nuclear weapons off the table but have said that they have confident that the war can be won without them. Pakistan has also pledged to secure Afghanistan and has moved troops into Afghanistan. The Civil War in Afghanistan continues with major fighting in Kabul.

Domestically, the economy is still improving but the stock market plummets to its lowest level in the President second term due to the outbreak of war on the Indian subcontinent. Inflation was steady in November 2015 and unemployment continued to fall. President Obama's approval rating was 45% before the outbreak of the war.

POLL QUESTION

Should the United States intervene in the civil war in Afghanistan?

Yes: 23%
No: 65%
Unsure: 12%

Should the United States send troops to intervene in the civil war in Afghanistan?

Yes: 10%
No: 85%
Unsure: 5%

Should the United States use manless predator drones to aid government forces in Afghanistan?

Yes: 38%
No: 52%
Unsure: 10%

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2012, 01:08:36 AM by spamage »

Marco Rubio December 1st-3rd

Excerpt from on the record interview:
   GVS: Senator Rubio you have recently been seen as not being able to stand out from other GOP cantidates. Do you have a response?  
   MR: Well Greta, I will admit our poll numbers havent been rising as much as we expected but we will be in this for the long haul. I will have several ads released in South Carolina, New Hampshire, and South Carolina explaining why I would be the best choice for President they will hilight my experience of standing against Obamacare and fighting for our party.  

Monday, December 1st- South Carolina
            Rally with Rice in North Charleston
            Speech in Myrtle Beach
            Speech in Columbia
            Apearance on On the Record

Tuesday December 2nd- Iowa
        Speech with Rick Santorum in Des Moines
        Rally in Cedar Rapids
        Speech in Council Bluffs

Wednesday December 3rd- New Hampshire
         Speech in Concord
         Rally in Concord
         Speech in Concord

Rick Santorum: Well Iowa its so good to be back. I still feel welcome here. Biut as you all know this time I'm campaigning for Marco Rubio. He has a strong stand on the issues that gave me victory in this state four yeas ago. So once again Iowa only this time for Marco Rubio
   Rice (at the rally in North Charleston): Ladies and Gentlemen, I havent met many people with as much of a love for our nation as Senator Marco Rubio. He has excellent leadership credentials and takes stong stands against issues such as illegal immigration and Obamacare. Thats why I need you to vote for him! He is focused on our nation's issues and has the experience to make the right choices.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »

Christie's Speech on Education:

"...one of the most important issues in this election that doesn't get enough traction is education. Education reform is what we need to get serious about as a nation, otherwise America is going to falter and fail in the 21st century. The notion that we can simply throw money at the problem in hopes that it will go away in nonsense. Maybe in a socialist utopia, like the one Senator Gillibrand professes, but that's not how I see America regaining it's leading edge in education.

We first must acknowledge that the public school system is failing in America, and has been failing for a great many years. The solution has been to throw money down from the federal government to the state, with all the golden goodies of mandates and standards. The fact is Washington doesn't know how to educate our kids, and frankly they shouldn't be in that business. It should be up to the states and thus the local communities and most important of all, parents to help in seeing that our kids receive a world class education.

That is why I am proposing in this campaign to run on the platform of abolishing once and for all the Department of Education.

[Cheers]

This used to be on the Republican Platform, but after 1996 we've settled with the Department, and by settling with it, we've allowed the beast to grow and grow, turning into something that is not about education, but another bloated bureaucracy, something Washington doesn't need.

[Cheers]

The department needs to be done away entirely and from there reserve the rights for education to be mastered as the state and local level. Let them decide the guideline, because they know their kids, they know the needs. Washington doesn't.

[Cheers]

In dealing with our public schools, they should not be done away with, but instead reformed. We need to increase accountability of our teachers. Great teachers want to be held accountable, they want a standard to go by. It's time we took that into place. Teachers that are good, don't fear being accountable, because they know what they're doing is for the benefit of the students. It's time to reward the teachers that actually teach, and fire the ones who don't.

[Cheers]

Now there will be public schools that cannot be fixed, like what we had in New Jersey. We had two hundred failing public schools and it is by no fault of the kids, but they're trapped and had no wiggle room. So we gave them choices and the choice was to replace to the two hundred failing public schools with charter schools. It creates competition, it's good for the market place and most important of all it's good for the kids.

[Cheers]

Now, we are going to continue to ignore the problems of education, or we are going to respond and respond with vigor and resolve. I am committed to making American number one again in education, because for this nation to lead the world it has to start at the education level. We need to educate our children and make them competitive in this global economy. For I know our kids can out compete any other kids on the face of the earth. We have the innovation, we have the resources, it's time we got serious about education and fixed it once and for all. Thank you all so very much, God Bless you."

[Cheers]

Press Release from Christie Campaign:
Education Reform for the 21st Century:

1. Abolish Department of Education
2. Return Power Back to the States
3. Make Teachers Accountable
4. Reward Teachers on Merit.
5. Create competition in the School Market; Choices on education.
6. Create Voucher Program for Parents.

Endorsement for Chris Christie:

Former Governor and Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney endorses Chris Christie for President.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »

Christie Schedule: December 1- 4:

Press Release from Christie Campaign:
"Gov. Christie will be campaigning with both Governor Lamontagne and Governor Romney this week in New Hampshire."

Christie fires up the crowd in New Hampshire.

1. Rally in Unity, NH with Governor Romney, Rally in Concord, NH with Governor Romney and Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Kingston, NH,  Town Hall in New London, NH Town Hall in Newbury, NH, Meet and Greet in Merrimack, NH, Appearance on Hannity

Excerpt from Hannity:
Q. You've slipped in the national polls. You did not have the greatest debate performance recently and now Governor Bush is leading in NH, a state that is seen as your firewall. What's next?

A. I'm not worried Sean. We just introduced my plan for education reform that is bold and I know will rub a lot of the people the wrong way, but that's what I believe and I'm sticking with it. In terms of national polls, they don't really mean much at this point. No one has voted yet, wait until Iowa, and New Hampshire vote and then we'll see how everything is.

Q. Are you confident about winning New Hampshire?

A. Politics is ever changing Sean, you and I both know that, so I'm not going to speak in absolutes. I know we're going to do well in New Hampshire, that's why I'm here all this week. The people here care about the process and I've got two great surrogates in Governor Lamontagne and Governor Romney with me on the stump. I'll make my case and what happens, happens.

Q. Will you support the Republican nominee, should you not win?

A. No one needs to question my commitment to Conservative values and principles. I will support whoever the nominee is, because he'll be a lot better than President Obama's failed leadership and the continuation of that failure, which Senator Gillibrand is pushing.

2. Town Hall at the University of New Hampshire, Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH, Town Hall in Nemarket, NH, Town Hall in Derry, NH, Town Hall in Candida, NH, Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH

3. Town Hall at Southern New Hampshire University, Town Hall in Gilford, NH, Town Hall at Plymouth University, Town Hall in Berlin, NH, Appearance on World News Tonight, Meet and Greet in Lancaster, NH

4. Town Hall in Colebrook, NH, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Lunch with Veterans in Jackson, NH, Town Hall in Concord, NH, Town Hall in Peterborough, NH, Town Hall in Milford, NH, Town Hall in Mout Vernon, NH, Rally at Exeter Town Hall

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies