2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73339 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
« edited: March 08, 2012, 01:01:08 PM by sirnick »

(Posted a narrative in last post)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2012, 09:24:10 PM by mondale84 »

SENATOR GILLIBRAND PRESS CONFERENCE - JULY 2
Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Today I am here to announce as my choice a running mate who has always put service to those he represents above partisan political priorities. A pragmatist with a penchant for candor and compassion, he has fought for the hard working families of this state and ensured that an American Dream remains possible in the great state of Arkansas. Ladies and gentleman, I am proud to welcome to share the Democratic ticket this November with Mike Beebe!

While searching for a running mate, Mike's record stuck out. To Mike, there are no such things as 'Democratic ideas or Republican ideas' only 'good ideas' and 'bad ideas.' This American approach outlined his successful tenure as governor of the Razorback State. For a movement that aspires to reclaim the American Dream and to believe and trust in a stronger, greater, and better America, we now have the help of a man who has fought for the interests of his constituents rather than some narrow interest group. 

Mike was raised by a single mother who raised her son on a waitress’s tips. She taught him the value of hard work and the importance of a strong education. As Governor, Mike made these values the cornerstone of his administration.  Understanding that education and job growth are inseparable, Governor Beebe led record improvements in Arkansas’s education system. Arkansas ranked in the top ten in the nation in education policies and student achievement.

During his 8-year tenure as governor, he drew dozens of new businesses to Arkansas by reducing taxes on both corporations and individuals. Mike will be a strong partner as we tackle inflation and reduction of the National Debt. As a governor who balanced multiple state budgets, I think he can give us a just a little bit of help on the latter.

[Audience laughter]

Mike is - like me - a true believer when it comes to understanding strength of the American worker and the core values that bind us all together as Americans. Governor Mike Beebe has dedicated more than two decades of his life to serving the people of Arkansas. From state senator to attorney general and governor, he has remained focused on fiscal responsibility, education and economic development.  Mike Beebe believes in America and that – working together – we can build a more prosperous future for ourselves, our children and generations to come.

We can use more of his common-sense approach in Washington and I look forward to him being my Vice President!

Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America!"
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2012, 07:35:55 AM »

"Thanks, Kirsten. I am proud to accept your nomination. I'm proud of the work we did in Arkansas. I worked across the aisle with Republicans, and we were able to balance the budget while retaining programs which help Arkansans. Arkansas now has one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation. But there's more work to be done. There are still millions of children, in Arkansas and in every state, who are not sure where their next meal will come from. Though the president's health care law has provided coverage for millions of Americans, there are still those who lack it, and those who have it may have trouble paying it off. That's why we provided state tax credits to make insurance cheaper. It's why we increased funding on education. It's why we cut taxes on groceries. I'm prepared to carry those ideas of compassion, hard work, and bipartisanship to Washington, and I'm more than prepared to support your next President, Kirsten Gillibrand!"
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »

Governor Beebe's Campaign Schedule-July 3rd to July 9th

NOTE: Meet & Greet also includes a stump speech

July 3rd: Meet and Greet in Fayetteville, Arkansas; Fundraiser in Fayetteville, Arkansas
July 4th: Attend Independence Day celebrations in Little Rock, Arkansas; Fundraiser in St. Louis, Missouri
July 5th: Town Hall in Columbus, Ohio; Meet and Greet in Toledo, Ohio
July 6th: Meet and Greet in Cleveland, Ohio; Meet and Greet in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
July 7th: Meet and Greet in Charleston, West Virginia; Meet and Greet in Uniontown, Pennsylvania; Fundraiser in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
July 8th: Visit Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia; Meet and Greet in Norfolk, Virginia
July 9th: Meet and Greet in Durham, North Carolina; Town Hall in Raleigh, North Carolina
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

Statement from the Sandoval Campaign:

Governor Brian Sandoval will be holding a campaign rally later today in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It is here where Brian Sandoval will be announcing his Vice Presidential nominee.

Presumed Shortlist:
Rick Santorum
Bob Portman
Allen West
Pat Toomey
Chris Christie
Mark Kirk
Kim Reynolds
Marco Rubio
Bob McDonnell
Kelly Ayotte
Marsha Blackburn
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »

Governor Brian Sandoval Campaign Rally
Scranton, Pennyslvania

Good afternoon!

I'm very pleased to be here today with you all and make such an historic announcement. Scranton, the "electric city", built and ran by honest, good people. Like all of the Rust Belt, Scranton has contributed so much to the progress and prosperity of America!

Friends, for the past few months, I've been looking for a running mate. In that running mate, I was looking for someone who could help me shake-up Washington and someone who had the experience needed to serve as our nation's Vice President. We had so many great possibilities, and it's a shame I couldn't choose all of them! Our party is full of so many people who are dedicated to this country and are ready at a moment's notice to step up and help lead this country.

I found someone in this process with a reputation for standing up to special interests and bureaucrats - someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind, and will always put the people, not politics, first when making decisions. This person has fought hard against corruption and the failed policies we've been dealt recently, and this person is someone that wants to stop wasting tax dollars and give back to the people. This is someone who has a proven record of not only getting the job done, but also reaching out across the aisle in order to achieve their goals. The last 8 years, America has been dealt with high unemployment and increased government spending. We don't need any more of the failed policies of Barack Obama and Kirsten Gillibrand, and my pick for Vice President will help us return to a road of economic prosperity.

My Vice Presidential choice is someone of great principles and integrity who has compassion for America and is ready to fight for her as second in command. They came up in a hard-working middle-class family, and have always been proud to be an American.

This person has done an excellent job as serving as Governor of New Jersey, and will do an excellent job as our nation's Vice President. He is exactly who I need, who our country needs, to help fight against the "me-first, country second" politics that dominate Washington D.C.

Friends, let me be the first to introduce you to the next Vice President of the United States of America - Governor Chris Christie from the great state of New Jersey!

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2012, 11:14:45 AM by NHI »

Christie Announcement Speech:
"Thank you Governor, and hello Scranton!

I honored to be today and let me just begin by saying, we're going take this state back in November, as part of the winning coalition that puts Brian Sandoval in the White House! The momentum is on our side, after eight years of Barack Obama, we're not just ready for a change, we're ready for a new beginning. The choice presented by Sen. Gillibrand is one of government, government and more government. Now we all know more governments means more spending, more taxes and more disregard for the Constitution. It is time to return to less government, less spending, lower taxes and respecting the Constitution.

I am honored to be asked by Gov. Sandoval to serve him, for this is more than a sign of unity, our country is in peril and we need all hands on deck. It will be a group effort, every American to help bring this country back and restore her pristine glory. Governor Sandoval will make it possible, he has the record, he has executive experience, something Sen. Gillibrand lacks. He has the vision, which Sen. Gillibrand lacks. Governor Sandoval has the resume and pedigree to be President and he will win!

So to all those in Scranton and to all across this country, please join me in supporting next President of the United States of America, Brian Sandoval."

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: July 3rd-9th
Monday - Campaign Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Tuesday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Newark, New Jersey; Campaign Rally in Middletown, New Jersey; Independence Celebration in Washington D.C.
Wednesday - Townhall in Richmond, Virginia; Campaign Rally in Norfolk, Virginia; GOP Dinner in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thursday - Campaign Rally in Greensboro, North Carolina; Campaign Rally in Asheville, Norht Carolina; Townhall in Greenville, South Carolina; Townhall in Anderson, South Carolina
Friday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Rome, Georgia; Campaign Rally in Alpharetta, Georgia; Fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia; Campaign Rally in Tallahassee, Florida
Saturday - Townhall in Panama City, Florida; Campaign Rally in Pensacola, Florida; Campaign Rally in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Sunday - Meet and Greet in El Dorado, Arkansas; Campaign Rally in Pine Bluff, Arkansas; Campaign Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas; Townhall in Searcy, Arkansas

The South has been a key component to the GOP winning Presidential elections in recent years, and 2016 will be no different. Some may suggest we're at a disadvantage - we have no Southerner on the ticket. However, what we do have is the values and ideological beliefs that the South loves - we believe in social conservatism, we believe in small, limited government and lower taxes. That's what the South loves, that's what we love. In the meantime, we have on the other side a big government liberal who has supported all of President Obama's failed initiative.

We may not have a Southerner on the ballot, but I still remain very confident that we will win the South!

- Brian Sandoval in Little Rock, Arkansas

Chris Christie Campaign Schedule: July 3rd-9th
Monday - Campaign Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Tuesday - Breakfast Meet and Greet in Newark, New Jersey; Campaign Rally in Middletown, New Jersey; Independence Celebration in Washington D.C.
Wednesday - Townhall in Richmond, Virginia; Campaign Rally in Norfolk, Virginia; GOP Dinner in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thursday - Campaign Rally in Morgantown, West Virginia; Townhall in Wheeling, West Virginia; Campaign Rally in Akron, Ohio; Townhall in Warren, Ohio
Friday - Meet and Greet in Youngstown, Ohio; Meet and Greet in Butler, Pennsylvania; Campaign Rally in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania; Townhall in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Saturday - Meet and Greet in Concord, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire; Townhall in Dover, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Portland, Maine
Sunday - Townhall in Westbrook, Maine; Townhall in Gray, Maine; Townhall in Lewistown, Maine; Townhall in Augusta, Maine

Senator Gillibrand is in for a rude awakening if she thinks she's going to have a "firewall" on the Northeast. We're going to contest it, and we're going to contest it hard - everything is on the table. Maine hasn't voted Republican since 1988, but we're going to reverse that trend this year.

Anyone who looks at my campaign schedule has noticed this, so I'll bring it out in the open - I like townhalls. It gives me, the candidate, an opportunity to really connect and speak to the voters, and like it was for McCain, it's just something I'm comfortable at. Except many more of these in the future.

- Chris Christie at a townhall in Gray, Maine
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: March 09, 2012, 02:55:33 AM »

OOC - You couldn't pick a better photo of Christie? Minus 1 point in Alaska. You just lost a random Eskimos vote.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #359 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2012, 11:13:43 AM by NHI »

Sandoval-Christie Campaign Rally in Scranton, PA

"...I am getting energized more and more as I travel the country, campaigning for the next President of the United States. Governor Sandoval understands what it's like to balance a budget, and balance a budget without raising taxes. Sen. Gillibrand knows none of that, well excuses me, she does know how to raises taxes. It's part of the DNA in Democrats, especially in New York.

Yes, it is historic for there to be the first woman running for President and I applaud her for that, but she is running on the same policies of President Obama, and they have failed us dearly. This election is more than a referendum on the last eight years, it is about us going forward for the next four and beyond. Let's work out our hearts out for this man who will be a fighter in the White House, and that's what we need. Enough of waffling and wiggling around style of leadership, let's have steady and prepared leadership. Let's elect Brian Sandoval the next President of the United States!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »

Today starts the second week in July 2016. Reports from June 2016 say that economic growth has slowed down, some begin to question the recovery. The President says it is "sometimes you gotta slow down on a turn, and then you speed up again."

Polling:

Statewide -

New Jersey:

Gillibrand/Bebee: 47%
Sandoval/Christie: 40%
Trump: 5%
Hagel: ~1%
Undecided:  7%

Arkansas:

Sandoval/Christie: 45%
Gillibrand/Beebe: 38%
Trump: 2%
Undecided: 14%

National Polling:

Gillibrand/Beebe: 44%
Sandoval/Christie: 45%
Trump: 7%

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »

Mike Beebe in Charleston, West Virginia, on July 7th.

"One of the great things about this campaign is how we've decided to break the mold of red states and blue states. The more we limit ourselves, the less we can win. That's why I'm here, in the great state of West Virginia. In recent years, West Virginia has favored Republicans in national elections. But the Gillibrand/Beebe philosophy is to reach out to potential supporters in every state. Instead of running around Florida and Ohio, we've targeted West Virginia as a state we can put into play. Sandoval and Christie are already on the defensive against our expansion of the electoral map."
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Campaign Schedule: July 11th-17th

Monday
Town Hall Meeting in Tysons Corner, VA
Rally in Fredericksburg, VA
Rally in Virginia Beach, VA

Tuesday
Breakfast Meet and Greet - Raleigh, NC
Rally - Fayetteville, NC
Small Donor Fundraiser - Charlotte, NC
Town Hall Meeting - Asheville, NC

Wednesday
Town Hall Meeting and Stump Speech - Knoxville, TN
Campaign Rally - Chattanooga, TN
Rally at LP Field - Nashville, TN
Rally at Overton Park - Memphis, TN
Fundraising dinner - Memphis, TN

Thursday
Breakfast and Meet and Greet - West Memphis, AR
Tour of University of Arkansas Medical Center and speech - Little Rock, AR
Town Hall Meeting - Arkadelphia, AR
Rally at Veterans Park - Shreveport, LA
Dinner and Meet and Greet at Creole Diamond Grill - Alexandria, LA
Sunset Rally at Perkins Ferry park - Lake Charles, LA

Friday
Speech at Beaumont Amtrak Station - Beaumont, TX
Rally at Minute Maid Park - Houston, TX
Town Hall Meeting - Victoria, TX
Speech at Del Mar Technical Institute - Corpus Christi, TX
Rally at Sun Bowl Stadium - El Paso, TX
Sunset Rally at Young Park - Las Cruces, NM

Saturday
Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Truth or Consequences, NM
Rally at University of New Mexico - Albuquerque, NM
Town Hall Meeting - Holbrook, AZ
Rally at Northern Arizona University - Flagstaff, AZ
Rally at Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ
Fundraising Dinner - Phoeniz, AZ

Sunday
Appearance on Meet the Press via satellite link - Las Vegas, NV
Rally at University of Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
Town Hall Meeting - Beatty, NV
Town Hall Meeting - Tonopah, NV
Town Hall Meeting - Ely, NV
Town Hall Meeting - Elko, NV
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #363 on: March 09, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand at LP Field in Nashville, Tennessee on July 13

"One of the great things about this movement that we're leading to take back the American Dream is that it's a grassroots movement! Ensuring that every family and individual in this country  has the possibility of living out his dreams of pursuing his or her happiness isn't a regional or state pursuit. This is something that people all over America are clamoring for. To Reclaim the Dream! That's why Governor Beebe and I are intent on putting every state in play. Our opponents say we can't do this. They say they're going to win the South."

[boos from the crowd]

"That's what they try to do folks. They try to divide us. They try to pit Tennessee against New York, Alabama against Oregon, Montana against Nebraska. Let's say no to the politics of division and yes to the politics of inclusion. This campaign will be about American interests, not about regional jealousies. Because the problems we face aren't Southern problems or Plains problems, or Rocky Mountain West problems. These labels are cumbersome and inaccurate. The challenges we are going to stare down from Day 1 in the Oval Office are problems that affect this whole country. That's why I believe in talking and hearing people from all this vast land. I want to hear the people's feedback and diverse opinions.

I picked Mike Beebe also for this reason. Because Mike and I might not see eye to eye on every issue, but we can work together and bring together a whole host of different viewpoints and ideologies. Despite our occasional differences, Mike and I fundamentally believe in the important steps that government can take to ensure that the American Dream remains a possibility. From making sure Wall Street doesn't gamble away our retirement to caring for and assisting returning veterans, we believe in America which looks out for its citizens. Our opponents, in their monolithic vision, choose not to acknowledge the grueling challenges facing middle-class families around this country. They think prosperity can be insured by giving generous tax breaks to a wealthy few while having the middle class foot the bill. They say that this is the only way to create jobs.

This isn't true because in a consumer economy, the only way that the economy can continue to prosper is if people spend money. How are America's working people to do this if the system forces them to live paycheck-to-paycheck, meal-to-meal without hope for the future?  The Gillibrand administration will cut taxes for the middle class and ensure the continuity of the American Dream so that America's working families are no longer worried about putting food on the table!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #364 on: March 09, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »

July 11th-17th Schedule (Second Week in July)Sad

Brian Sandoval (Named bolded=surrogates)

Monday
Meet and Greet in Joplin, Missouri
Meeting with Small Business Owners in Joplin, Missouri
Campaign Rally in Springfield, Missouri
Townhall in Lebanon, Missouri
Campaign Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri
Senator Roy Blunt

Tuesday
Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa
Townhall in Independence, Iowa
Townhall in Waterloo, Iowa
Townhall in Davenport, Iowa
Governor Kim Reynolds

Wednesday
Meet and Greet in Windom, Minnesota
Meet and Greet in Mankato, Minnesota
Campaign Rally in Rochester, Minnesota
Townhall in Lancaster, Wisconsin
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann

Thursday
Campaign Rally in Madison, Wisconsin
Luncheon in Madison, Wisconsin
Townhall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Townhall in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Governor Scott Walker

Friday
Campaign Rally in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Townhall in Lansing, Michigan
Townhall in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Campaign Rally in Oakland, Michigan
Governor Rick Snyder

Saturday
 Campaign Rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Campaign Rally in Toledo, Ohio
Townhall in Fremont, Ohio
Congressman Marlin Stutzman

Sunday
Attend Mass in Sandusky, Ohio
Townhall in Bath, Ohio
Townhall in Canton, Ohio
Townhall in Dover, Ohio
Senator Rob Portman

Chris Christie

Monday
Meet and Greet in Derry, New Hampshire
Luncheon in Hampstead, New Hampshire
Townhall in Exeter, New Hampshire
Townhall in Kingston, New Hampshire
Senator Kelly Ayotte

Tuesday
Meet and Greet in Winchester, Connecticut
Meet and Greet in Torrington, Connecticut
Townhall in Newington, Connecticut
Townhall in Meriden, Connecticut

Wednesday
Campaign Rally in Trenton, New Jersey
Townhall in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Fundraiser in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thursday
Meet and Greet in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Campaign Rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Townhall in Hagerstown, Maryland
Townhall in Frederick, Maryland
Senator Pat Toomey

Friday
Campaign Rally in Centreville, Virginia
Luncheon in Dale City, Virginia
Townhall in Richmond, Virginia
Townhall in Bon Air, Virginia
Governor Bob McDonnell

Saturday
Meet and Greet in Petersburg, Virginia
Townhall in Emporia, Virginia
Townhall in Rocky Mountain, North Carolina
Campaign Rally in Raleigh North Carolina
Senator Richard Burr

Sunday
Meet and Greet in Callahan, Florida
Meet and Greet in Lake City, Florida
Campaign Rally in Ocaila, Florida
Campaign Rally in Gainesville, Florida
Senator Marco Rubio
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »

Senator Hagel's spokesman-
"Senator Hagel congratulates Senator Gillibrand for choosing a running mate with military experience- even if he was a reservist, Governor Beebe answered his call. Compare this to the Republican ticket- a syphilitic and a human hot air balloon- neither of whom have served their nation in uniform. Senator Hagel looks forward to debating these chickenhawks..."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »

CNN: Breaking News - Senator Chuck Hagel has checked himself into an asylum and will be dropping out of the race for President of the United States.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 12:25:32 AM by NHI »

Christie: Town Hall Exeter, NH

"I'll love forward to debating Gov. Beebe. I don't see how we're on the defensive, despite his statement. The electoral map is in our favor at last glance. Now I know we shouldn't put a lot of stock in the polls, it is early, but the fact is the American people are fed up with the past eight years and are ready for a new beginning. That new beginning is with Brian Sandoval as President of the United States, and with your help we will win in November."

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »

Brian Sandoval: Campaign Rally in Jefferson City, Missouri

Look, Senator Gillibrand can say what she wants - we're not trying to divide America by promising to hold the South. The fact that she even made that statement is truly puzzling. This campaign isn't playing on the defensive, either. We're leading in the polls. In fact, just about all of the states we're campaigning in are states that haven't voted Republican in many cycles. I had no clue that campaigning in Maryland, a state that gave Obama over 60% in 2008, was "defensive".

During the primary, I promised to be competitive in every single state; never ignore a state simply because I thought I had an uphill climb there. I fulfilled that promise. Here we are in the General Election, and we're going to keep that strategy. I have a regional jealousy all right, and that region I want to take is the entire United States of America! That's why our campaign will have a presence everywhere - just this week Governor Christie will be making stops in Connecticut and Maryland, two states considered to be "Strong Democratic".

What has divided this country, though, is the failed policies and leadership of President Barack Obama. Back in 2010, we saw "Obamacare" passed. Despite the fact that polls consistently showed Americans opposing Obamacare, and we saw just how much it was opposed in the 2010 midterms, President Obama, with the help of Senator Gillibrand, rammed through a bill the people didn't want. These are difficult times in America, and instead of working together to achieve greatness, we have an administration that continues to play politics and work in a partisan way.

Friends, America needs...let me correct that: America deserves a President that is honest and ready to work for the people. Over the past few administrations, our nation has lost trust and hope in the government - we despise government. It's the norm now. That's not what I want - if I could guarantee one thing in my first term, it would be that American's can once again have faith in our government. That, unfortunately, isn't something I can guarantee, but it's something I'll do everything in my power to achieve.

In order to achieve that, we have to put in leadership, not just at the executive level, that is trustworthy - no more greedy politicians. We also have to implement solid principles - the belief that government should not spend more than it intakes. We need smart policy implemented in Washington, policy that includes lowering our tax rates, reducing the size of government, and creating creating a social policy that is both tolerant and respectful.

America, Missouri, I firmly believe that our best days our ahead of us - I'm running in this race because I passionately believe in the American dream - I've lived it! I believe in the American dream, and I want to America to have a future that our forefathers would be proud of and that future generations will appreciate. We can achieve this, and we will achieve this! Thank you, God Bless Missouri! God Bless America!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »

Governor Beebe's Campaign Schedule-July 10th to July 17th, 2016

July 10th:

Appearance via satellite on Meet the Press
Town Hall in Youngstown, Ohio
Campaign Rally in Steubenville, Ohio
Campaign Rally in Wheeling, West Virginia

July 11th:

Campaign Rally in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Speech at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Campaign Rally in York, Pennsylvania
Fundraiser in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

July 12th:

Town Hall in Trenton, New Jersey
Campaign Rally in Clifton, New Jersey
Fundraiser in New York City, New York
Appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

July 13th:

Campaign Rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Town Hall in Altoona, Pennsylvania
Town Hall in Huntingdon, West Virginia
Campaign Rally in Roanoke, Virginia
Campaign Rally in Danville, Virginia

July 14th:

Campaign Rally in Durham, North Carolina
Speech at Duke University
Town Hall in Athens, Georgia
Fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia

July 15th:

Town Hall in West Mephis, Arkansas
Campaign Rally in Amagon, Arkansas
Campaign Rally in Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Fundraiser in Little Rock, Arkansas
Appearance via satellite on The Rachel Maddow Show

July 16th:

Campaign Rally in New Madrid, Missouri
Town Hall in Kansas City, Missouri
Campaign Rally in Independence, Missouri
Town Hall in Columbia, Missouri

July 17th:

Campaign Rally in Davenport, Iowa
Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Campaign Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Campaign Rally in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »

Christie on Sen. Hagel's Statement

"I have tremendous respect for Sen. Hagel. He has served this country well, but there comes a time when windbags, such as himself need to learn that there is a time and a place for comments. By wearing or not wearing an uniform does not make Brian Sandoval any less patriotic, or less fit to serve as President. The fact is he has served his family, his church, his states as both Attorney General and as Governor and now he is running for President, because he wants to serve the country he loves. Service comes in all forms, and I would just like to clue Sen. Hagel into that. For Gov. Sandoval and I both love this country and for Sen. Hagel to attack us on military service is downright silly and illustrates what a desperate campaign he is trying to run."

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »

Sen. Gillibrand on Sen Hagel's Remarks about the Republican Ticket

"I am in complete agreement with Gov. Christie. I think Sen. Hagel's remarks were entirely inappropriate to this campaign and I hope he retracts such destructive and distracting comments. Military service is a wonderful thing that people choose to give to their country and it is specifically that: a choice. An honorable choice which we as Americans hold in the highest esteem. I think I speak for both the major party tickets when I praise the patriotic service of our fellow Americans. Nevertheless, I don't think military service is a pre-requisite for the office of the presidency and I think that both Governor Sandoval and I have served our country and our respective states and are qualified for the Presidency. Let's focus on these issues and refrain from such distracting comments."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »

Two states per day (in the game), remember Cheesy
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »

Christie: Town Hall, Derry, NH

Voter: Gov. Sandoval wants to repeal the President's historic health care law, or as you call it Obamacare, what does he intend to replace it with?

Christie: By your tone I can say you have some objections to the repeal of the law?

Voter: Yes, I have some reservations to it.

Christie: My belief is that it is unconstitutional and aside from that we can't afford it. Gov. Sandoval believes that in order to fix our health care system it is best left to the individuals states and allow for markets, not government driven markets to prescribe the solution. Look to the solutions enacted in Utah, that was done without a mandate, without government intervention.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »

Two states per day (in the game), remember Cheesy

OOC: Should I go back and change my schedule or should I just change next week?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies