2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:00:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73407 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »

July 14th, 2015

Governor Brian Sandoval (R-NV) was joined in Reno today by his wife, Kathleen, and three children as he announced his campaign for the Republican nomination for president of the United States. The following is a transcript of his address to the crowd of supporters:

Good afternoon, good people of Nevada! Today, today marks the beginning of a new journey. In 2016, America will be faced with a choice: We can either continue down the path President Barack Obama is taking us, one consisted of food stamps and government dependence. Or, we can take a new direction, a direction that will open up our markets, return economic power to the people, and bring back the incentives for the American people. Our unemployment has fallen, but at what cost? We must step back, look at the future we will be leaving our children, and find better ways to solve our problems.

In 2016, the Republican Party is ready to return America to the conservative principles she was founded on, as well as reach across the barriers to every American. As the first Latino to be elected statewide in Nevada, I know a thing or two about overcoming obstacles, and I've used conservative, fiscally smart principles to turn Nevada back on a track to prosperity. In the four and a half years I have served as Governor, we have seen our unemployment numbers cut in half, and we have had a balanced budget for the last three years.

What have we proven in Nevada? We have proven that economically conservative policies work - they bring jobs and further the American dream. Our next President needs to be someone who shares those values, not one who wants to throw even more debt on our children's shoulders. Today, I'm announcing that I will be a candidate for the Republican nomination in 2016. I'm running in this race, not for myself, but for my three children, James, Madeline, and Marissa. They deserve a bright future, as do all the children of America. They deserve a chance to live the American dream and make their own smart, economic decisions. If our nation continues down this dangerous path, they won't have that future. It is imperative to our nation's future that we elect a leader in this election who can restore hope to America's future, and I plan on being that leader.

I ask you to join me today, join me in my effort to move this nation forward in a new, positive direction. Join me, and let's make America great again. Thank you, and God Bless you all!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Events: September 14th-19th:

September 14th: Meet and Greet in Waterloo, Iowa; Fundraiser in Ceder Falls, Iowa
September 15th: Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa; Town Hall in Ames, Iowa
September 16th: Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Speech on Campus of Drake University regarding Cap and Trade; Meeting with Entrepreneurs in Des Moine, Iowa
September 17th: Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa; Fundraiser in Council Bluffs
September 18th: Meet and Greet in Sioux City, Iowa; Town Hall in Sheldon, Iowa
September 19th: Fundraiser in Sioux City, Iowa
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »

On Tuesday, September 15th, Brian Sandoval spoke briefly on the subject of abortion at a Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa at Jax Restaurant.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, and thank you for support support of our campaign. It is this type of grassroots effort that will propel us to a win in Iowa, and then on to the White House!

There are many problems with our current administration that it's hard to pinpoint particular areas. The Obama Administration has failed America on many fronts, and one of those is how he handled the issues of abortion. President Obama was wrong to rescind President Regan's Mexico City Policy, which kept your taxes from being used to fund abortions in foreign nations. We sure need some spending cuts in this nation, and one cut I'll make on my first day in office is federal funding for abortions. It's wrong. I'm also committed to appointing Supreme Court judges that will vow to repeal Roe V. Wade. Abortion should not be an issue of the federal government. The good people of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and all of the other states should be able to make their own decision, rather than be imposed on by our Supreme Court.

Abortion is just one of the issues where America needs a new direction, and I'm asking in your help on turning the tide in Washington D.C. I'm running in this campaign as an outsider and a reformer, someone who actually has experience in fixing problems, something I've done as Governor of Nevada. We can start this effort to bring America back to it's roots in Iowa, and our journey will end when America has a new, conservative President, and with that, a new direction forward. Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »

On September 16th, Brian Sandoval spoke to a group of around 250 college students at Drake University regarding Cap and Trade, partly in response to the announcement that President Obama will be pushing the passage of a Cap and Trade bill sponsored by Senator Elizabeth Warren.

During the Obama administration, we have seen energy and environmental policies that have only damaged our economy. The President has fought hard to limit exploration and restrict development. His programs have hurt our economic performance but curtailing growth and killing jobs.

Now, Obama's at it again, supported a Cap and Trade bill that will only further hinder our nation's economy by killing more jobs. Mr. President, we've had enough of your job-killing policies! Enough is enough!

Under a Sandoval administration, you will see a clear, concise plan to drastically decrease our dependence of foreign oil. Drill, Baby, Drill! We also have to look to new energy solutions, though, and must invest in alternate energy sources, such as wind, solar, and hydroelectric.

America needs a sound, economic policy. We don't need another President who will wage a war on coal and oil, throwing billions of dollars out there in research. Obama has killed pipelines. In terms of energy, the biggest winner from the Obama Administration's policy is China, as they're repeating the benefits of our President's unwise decisions.

It's time for a President that will stand strong on energy, a President who can use our resources to create jobs, while not placing crippling effects on our economy. I can, and I will be that leader! Thank you, and God Bless!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Governor Brain Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

9/21: Breakfast Meet and Greet at IHop in Waterloo, Iowa.

What do I think of Democrats already attacking each other? Keep it going! It's important, though, on this side of the aisle, that while we may have our respectful differences, we all need to keep our eye on the ultimate goal: Making sure the next President of the United State's is a Republican!

9/22: Toured Twin County Dairy in Kalona, Iowa.

It's places like this that show the greatness of America. This factory started back in 1946 by a small group of Amish and Mennonite farmers. Take a look around you, and see how much their hard work has payed off! America has became the nation it is today, not through government regulation, like liberals would want you to believe, but rather through the entrepreneurial spirit of the American people.

Under the failed leadership of President Obama, many Americans have began losing hope that they may ever reach the American dream. I'm in this race for my children, because I believe that with the way our President is taking this nation, our children will not have the future we deserve. As Governor Mitt Romney stressed in the 2012 cycle, it is our moral duty that we do not spend more than we take in. I'll bring that belief back to the White House!

9/23: Attended Town hall in Roland, Iowa.

Something we lest not forget, though, is how our nation is represented internationally. We can't have another apologetic President, and at the same time, we can't have an overly aggressive, blunt President. America needs a President will will restore our national image, not make us the laughingstock of the world.

9/24: Held a campaign rally in Charleston, South Carolina.

It's great to be down in the great state of South Carolina! Thank you all for coming out today, as we march forward on our fight to take back the White House! Barack Obama, simply put, has failed America. Our national image is tarnished, and our future is unclear. America deserves a leader that will once again make us the hope of the Earth, a place where ANYONE can be successful. Our President has veered us away from that place. I intend to bring us back to that place.

9/25: Attended a private Meet and Greet in the home of Joshua Crawford.

South Carolina is pivotal to our strategy - we're not writing off any states. We intend to play to win in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, of course, and South Carolina. Looking at each state, I believe if we play to our advantages, we have a shot in all four.

Look, Republicans are looking for a leader who actually has results to run on, and I have that. Additionally, we have to look at electability - which of these candidates can not only represent solid, conservative values, but can also defeat the Democrats in November? I defeated the Reid machine in Nevada back in 2010. I know what it takes to win tough elections. As a Latino, I also firmly believe our party must not ignore the growing Latino community. I won the Latino vote in 2014, and as the GOP nominee, I will fight hard to win over Latino voters.

9/26: Held rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

Wow! What a crowd! Thank you all for coming out today - New Hampshire plays a crucial role in this primary process, being the first primary in the nation! I can promise you this - The Sandoval campaign will not dismiss New Hampshire. We will play to win here, just like we will play to win Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina, and all remaining states! America is looking for a leader who has executive experience and has done their job well - they're not looking for another community organizer. My message is simple: As Governor of Nevada, we turned Nevada back on track. Just take a look at my record as Governor. As your President, I will do the same thing to America as I did to Nevada.

9/27: Interview with Sean Hannity on FOX News.

Americans are fed up with the way things are being run in Washington. Republicans are looking for an outsider, someone who's not closely knit with the GOP establishment. Not only that, though, but they're looking for someone who can defeat the Democratic nominee in November. I firmly believe that, when you compare me to the other candidates, I am the best person to represent this party in November...and win.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »

Speaking with reporters outside a Holiday Inn in Ceder Rapids, Iowa, Governor Brian Sandoval comments on Jeb Bush's entrance to the race.

Well, obviously, I welcome him to the race. Jeb Bush is a great man, no doubt, and I wish him the best in this race. Florida's certainly going to be an uphill battle now, with Bush, Rubio, and West all hailing from the state, but as I've said from the start, we will contest Florida along with every other state in this nation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

Governor Brain Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: September 29th, 30th

9/29: Campaign Rally in Davenport, Iowa
Momentum is on our side! Every day, more and more voters see our campaign, and they like what we present, as our support has doubled in the past few weeks. More and more Iowans are believing in our message and they are ready to elect a President who will work for them, not Washington lobbyists.

I can promise you this - no candidate in this race will fight as hard, work as hard as I will to convince Iowans that I am their guy. Expect to see my face a lot in the coming months - looking on past strategies, specifically the Santorum strategy of 2012, I know the way to win Iowa isn't to buy it, rather, to invest time in it and show committment. I'm prepared to do that.

9/30: Spoke to High School Students at Ames High School in Ames, Iowa.

It's great to be here - so many great names have walked through these halls, played in this gym.  Fred Hoiberg up at Iowa State...man, could he shoot the three! Or how about Harrison Barnes, if I could have his success at politics as he's had in basketball, I'll be President in no time!

You folks in Iowa have an opportunity to let your voices be heard, having the first in the nation caucus. You, the youth of our generation, should be more involved than ever - your future is at stake. Our national debt is spiraling otu of control; our education system is falling further behind. This nation cannot afford four more years of this failed leadership. I urge you all, do your part in this election, whether it's holding signs or knocking on doors. Thank you! God Bless
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

Governor Brain Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: October 1-5

10/1: Campaign Rally in Indianola, Iowa; Townhall in Pleasantville, Iowa

10/2: Meet and Greet in Knoxville and Pella, Iowa; Meeting with small business owners in New Sharon, Iowa

10/3: Townhalls in Grinnell, Toledo, Grundy Center, and Waterloo, Iowa

10/4: Townhall in Indian Springs, Nevada; Campaign rally in North Las Vegas, Nevada

10/5: Campaign Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada; Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada

While in Pleasantville, Iowa, Governor Sandoval comments on the 2nd amendment and a potential NRA endorsement.

As a former Federal Judge, I respect the rule of law. I strongly believe that the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals. I believe that all citizens have a right to firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes, and I also support concealed carry laws. To me, this is a common-sense issue - you either support the Constitution, or you don't. Being a lifetime member of the NRA, as well as someone who has received perfect marks from them in the various offices I have held, just shows my commitment to fighting gun control. Would I like the NRA's endorsement sometime down the road? Sure, because I think they'd be selecting the best candidate in the race when it comes to gun control.

While in Grinnell, Iowa, Sandoval makes a statement regarding immigration.

Immigration is a top issue facing our county, an issue that is being overlooked by our current administration. In Nevada, we have to deal with illegal immigration. As a legal, US citizen who happens to be a Latino, let me say this - the Latino community does not support illegal immigration. We support LEGAL immigration! That being said, it is crucial that our nation clamps down on the Mexican border.

For true border security, aviation support will be critical to effort on ground. We must complete a fence, reinforce it, and maintain it. Along with that, we must be prepared to detain, prosecute, and finally incarcerate convicted violators of US laws. That's what a Sandoval administration will look like when it comes to border security.

Governor Sandoval made the following statements while speaking to a crowd in North Las Vegas.

It's good to be back in this great state! We have a couple campaign stops here this weekend, but a large portion of it will be spent catching up on my duties as Governor. While it's a thrill running for President, my first priority and responsibility is Nevada, and I will continue to serve Nevada first.

Nevada, we play an important role in this process, as one of the first states, as well as the first western state, to vote. We're also going to play a huge role in the General Election, as a Republican will carry this state for the first time since 2004! But make no mistake, our opponents, both in the primary and general election, aren't going to give up on Nevada. It is important that we not only continue the momentum nationwide, but also continue to build up our forces here. A huge part of our campaign strategy is carrying Nevada, and I know we will! Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

Statement from the Sandoval Campaign:
Next week, we will be purchasing our first ad buy, with radio ad's airing in Iowa and New Hampshire. The ad will focus heavily on contrasting Governor Sandoval with the failed  policies of Barack Obama.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »

Governor Brian Sandoval's Campaign Schedule: October 6th-12th

With the endorsement of Governor Reynolds as well as warm words from Senator Grassley, Governor Sandoval will spend the week solely on Iowa. His goal is that if he can take a lead in Iowa, it will result in a boost nationally as well.

*Note: Governor Kim Reynolds will spent October 6th-8th with Sandoval on the campaign trail.

10/6: Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Meet and Greet in West Des Moine; Townhall in Urbandale, Iowa

In this election, the Republican Party has been blessed with many great candidates. Candidates who come from different backgrounds and all have successful careers. However, we must soon narrow the field down to one, and that one must be someone who can defeat the Democrats in November.

Iowa has proven under former Governor Branstead and I that smart, conservative policies work, and Iowa has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. When I look at this field, one candidate stands out. This candidate also hails from a swing state, and to be frank, was dealt quite a mess when he took office. But he stood firm, passed a conservative agenda, and the state is certainly on the right track. We need that same type of leader right now in Washington D.C. That's why today, I'm formally endorsing Governor Brian Sandoval for the Republican nomination. Now, let's win back the White House!

- Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

10/7: Meet and Greet in Carlisle, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Altoona, Iowa; Fundraiser in Des Moine, Iowa

Governor Sandoval made the following remarks while at a Fundraiser at a State GOP dinner in Des Moine.

My friends, what is important, more than anything else, is that we have a nominee who can defeat the Democrats in November. America is looking for a leader who has a proven track record, someone who has successful, executive experience. I am one of the only candidates in this race who has both legislative and executive experience. I also have legal experience, serving as Nevada's Attorney General. I know the law, and I know for a fact that Obamacare is unconstitutional. We're going to get it repealed when I'm President!

10/8: Breakfast in Fort Dodge, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa; Townhall in Spirit Lake, Iowa

Kim Reynolds made the following statements at a Townhall in Spirit Lake, Iowa.

I am absolutely certain that Brian Sandoval is our guy to be the next President. He has shown a commitment to Iowa in recent weeks, more than any other candidate. Senator Grassley has even taken notice to this. What I see in Brian is someone who truly cares about this state, and the whole nation. It's time America has a leader in the White House who is working for the people, not Washington lobbyists!

10/9: Family Camping at Spirit Lake, Iowa

10/10: Family Camping at Spirit Lake, Iowa

10/11: Campaign Rally in Rochester, Minnesota; Campaign Rally in La Crosse, Wisconsin; Townhall in Dubuque, Iowa

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks in Dubuque, Iowa.

Today, we ventured outside of Iowa borders, making two stops in Minnesota and Wisconsin. These three states are pivotal, not only to our primary strategy, but also in the General Election. It is imperative that our campaign works to secure these "Reagan Democrats" with Midwestern values.

10/12: Breakfast in Bernard, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Cascade, Iowa; Interview via Satellite with Bill O'Riley on Fox News.

Governor Sandoval made the following comments while appearing on FOX news.

You know, I'm coming to love Iowa. I love this state, I love the people. We have great workers in this state, and I have nothing but warm words to say about Governor Kim Reynolds. She's doing a great job running this state, and has been an amazing surrogate for our campaign.

I know it's still a long ways off, but I'm feeling very confident about our chances in the Iowa caucus. I think our message is resonating with voters here, and voters are ready for some competent leadership to return to Washington D.C.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »

Iowa Debate: Brian Sandoval's Responses

1. I must agree with my colleagues and say that the court ruling in favor of President Obama's disastrous healthcare plan tops the list. My friends, we're not just looking at legislation that is unconstitutional, we're looking at a piece of legislation that will have devastating effects for years to come. As the former Attorney General of Nevada, I have taken a strong stand against Obamacare - the entire premise of the bill is simply unconstitutional. It's unfortunate that our nation's highest court made such a dangerous decision, but I can guarantee you, under a Sandoval administration, we're not just going to accept defeat and more on. If I'm elected as your next President, we will get Obamacare repealed once and for all!

2. We've seen it all through his Presidency - President Obama doesn't comment on much simply because he can't confidently defend his record, which is a huge problem. We need a leader who stands by their record, not one who runs away from it. The reason he won in 2012 is because he spent billions of dollars in assassinating Speaker Gingrich's character and his effective use with a teleprompter. It had nothing to do with his actual performance as our President.

We can combat inflation by not printing so much money, first off. Unfortunately, this is an unknown concept for our current administration - their solution to all problems is to just print more money! It is absolutely necessary that we reign in government spending and shrink the size of government, and I look forward to doing that as your next President. Thank you.

3. The first thing I would do in such situation is to say a prayer that all of our troops and innocent people in harm's way may be protected by the hand of God. All options would then be on the table, and I would surround myself with advisers that could assist in weighing the pro's and con's of each option. Finally, I would make a final decision that I believe would be in the best interest's of the American people. Entering another war is not something we want, rather, it is what I consider to be a last-resort. I will do everything possible to keep our men and women in uniform out of harm's way. Thank you.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »

Sandoval Debate Response, Statement directed towards Allen West:

(Regarding to question 1)

Allen, I agree with you 100% - Roe V Wade infringed on state rights, and must be overturned. However, the question was which decision made by the Supreme Court in the past decade do you oppose the most. I would be interested to see if you have the same opinion of myself, Governor Christie, and Senator Rubio's. Thank you!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: October 13-19

October 13th: Campaign Rally in Waterloo, Iowa; Townhall in Ceder Falls, Iowa
October 14th: Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ames, Iowa
October 15th: Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Meeting with Entrepreneurs in West Des Moine, Iowa
October 16th: Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Council Bluffs
October 17th: Meet and Greet in Las Vegas, Nevada; Governor Responsibilities
October 19th: Governor Responsibilities

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 12:35:15 AM »

Governor Sandoval Press Conference: Des Moine, Iowa - October 27th

Thank you all for being here. I'll open the floor to questions.

Governor Sandoval, how do you feel about the debate, as well as poll numbers?

I'm feeling confident - I think we had an excellent debate last week, and I congratulate all candidates on a job well done.

Our campaign is surging, no doubt. More and more Americans are believing in our message - they're ready for a conservative, competent leader who has the experience needed to be our next President. I firmly believe I'm best equipped in our party to not only beat Democrats in November 2016, but also to be an effective President.

Was that some sort of dig at your rivals, Governor?

Absolutely not. We have our differences, and I'm sure some of those will be highlighted in future debates. I think we have a strong array of candidate's in this field, and any one of them will be an improvement to our current incompetent administration.

How do you feel about your chances in Iowa?

We're going to win Iowa - our campaign is focused heavily on Iowa, and I'm very grateful for the surrogating your governor, Kim Reynolds, is doing for me. We're at the top of the polls here, and I hope it stays that way.

We're also looking to compete in New Hampshire as well - I will be traveling there later this week to campaign in the Granite State. As I've said all along, this is a 50-state strategy. We're going to challenge every state, and I believe we can win every state.

What are your plans this week?
Today and tomorrow I will be touring Iowa, as I have been for the past few weeks. On Wednesday my family and I will be flying to New Hampshire, where we'll stay until Friday. Friday afternoon I have to fly back to Nevada to work on some responsibilities as Governor. I realize this may put me behind some of my opponents, who are campaigning non-stop, but I was elected by Nevada to serve as their Governor, and until I'm elected President, that'll be my main responsibility.

Thank you, and God Bless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

Sandoval  Campaign Schedule: November 3rd-5th
Governor Brian Sandoval will spend this Monday-Friday in both New Hampshire and South Carolina, before returning to Iowa on Saturday and Sunday. The first three days are spent blitzing the state of New Hampshire.

November 3rd: Campaign Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Rochester, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Dover, New Hampshire; Townhall in Durham, New Hampshire

Today, at a Meet and Greet in Rochester, Sandoval's eldest child, James, spoke briefly about his father.

Well, I haven't really done this before. (laughter) Speaking to big crowds is something you have to get used to - I have no clue how my father can do it so often. These last few months have been so amazing for our family - we've spent a lot of time together, and I feel closer to my family than ever before. It's such an honor to be able to tour the nation and receiving such a warm response from people.

My father, like you all, is just an ordinary American. Some like to think that anyone running for President has to be some rich elitist who doesn't really know the American way of life - that's not true. One of my favorite experiences with my Dad is going on hunting trips...that's not very elitist. We were raised middle-class, but even now, when we've been blessed with more finances, my father is still fickle about money, never spending more than a dime than needed. I'm not political genius, but I think that's the type of leader we need right now in the White House. To be honest, I'm kinda scared about our nation's future - we're in so much debt, and our current President doesn't even seem to care about what he's leaving for my generation to clean up. More and more tension is building up in the Middle East, and this guy isn't doing much about it. We need a real leader in Washington, someone who will get rid of the nonsense and put in smart, conservative principles. I hope you all will vote for my Dad on primary day! Thanks!

November 4th: Meeting with Small Business Owners in Concord, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Pembroke, New Hampshire; Townhall in Hookslet, New Hampshire

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks at a rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

It's great to be here! Thank you all so much - first I would like to take an opportunity to thank Paul Ryan for the contribution's he has made both to America and to this Presidential race. He is no doubt an unbelievable man of character, and I know he has a bright future ahead of him. Furthermore, I humbly thank him for his endorsement of our campaign. It is truly a blessing, and I look forward to campaigning with him in the future!

New Hampshire, we're not giving up on you, that's for sure! We're still going to be here tomorrow, and I can guarantee we'll be back many more times. In no time at all, we've surged to the top in Iowa and we're also surging nationally - we've moved to second place and we're gaining every day on Governor Bush!

Now, let's focus on the President right now, and the job he's doing...This President is not only damaging America here at home, with our unemployment rising once again and his "hands-off" approach to inflation as well as his terrible cap-and-trade policy, but he's also weakening our strength globally. Under a Sandoval Administration, we will do everything to make sure America always remains a shining city on a hill; proof that democracy must reign. Any of the Democratic contenders will just be a continuation of the failed policies of Barack Obama - we don't need a rubber stamp for his socialist agenda in the White House for the next four years! We need new hope, a new leader, and a new direction! Thank you, and God Bless!

November 5th: Meet and Greet in New London, New Hampshire; Townahll in Grantham, New Hampshire; Townhall in Springfield, New Hampshire; Campaign Rally in Lebanon, New Hampshire

Governor Sandoval made the following statement to a TV station in Springfield, New Hampshire after a Townhall.

Our townhall tonight in Springfield went very well - I was simply floored at the turnout; wasn't expecting that many people to be there. It's good to see that our message is starting to resonate in New Hampshire, and I look forward to a surge happening here, similar to the one we're currently having in Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »

Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 6th-7th
Governor Brian Sandoval spent Thursday and Friday traveling through South Carolina. He also has a radio ad up in the state.

November 6th: Campaign Rally in Greenville, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Gantt, South Carolina; Townhall in Anderson, South Carolina; Speaking with College Students at Clemson, University

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks while speaking at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina where he pitches part of his economic plan.

It's good to be here in South Carolina, especially here in Clemson, the Alma Mater of your great Governor, Nikki Haley! South Carolina plays a crucial role in this primary process, and as the saying goes, you can't win the nomination without winning South Carolina! We're going to be contesting South Carolina, because I believe our message is something that can resonate with voters here.

America needs to be economically smart, there's no doubt about it. That's why I'm proposing that we significantly alter the tax rates to be lower, flatter rates on a broader base. We also will remove the death tax, as well as reducing the corporate tax to 25%.

Tax cuts alone will boost our economy, but we also will have to make significant cuts. That's why I believe in restructuring Medicaid as block grants, reduce the federal workforce by at least 10%, and cut out the bureaucracies. It is also imperative that our nation pass a Balanced Budget Amendment. Mitt Romney often stated in the 2012 campaign that "it is our moral responsibility not to spend more than we take in", and I firmly agree with that position. It's what I'll do as your next President.

November 7th: Meet and Greet in Forest Acres, South Carolina; Townhall in Oak Grove, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina

Thank you all, it's good to be here today!

As a former State Attorney General, I'd like to believe I have a pretty firm understanding of the legal system in America. And, after carefully reading Obamacare over several times, something most members of Congress never even did, I came to a simple conclusion: Obamacare is unconstitutional. I firmly believe that, regardless of what the Supreme Court says. While they will not strike it down, I will as your President. My first act as President will be to grant a waiver to all 50 states so that they can opt out of the program. Then, we're going to try and do an outright repeal. In order to do this, we must not only elect a GOP President, but also sent Republicans to Congress so that we may repeal multiple "disasters" this President has shoved down the American throats.

There are solutions to healthcare. Obamacare isn't it, though.

Radio Ad:
Narrator: Successful. Tough. Committed. Those three words define Governor Sandoval, and his performance both as a Governor and as an Attorney General. Unemployment has cut in half, and he's taken a hard stance on crime and illegal immigration. Brian Sandoval will bring prosperity back to America.

Brian Sandoval Voice-Over: America's debt is spiraling out of control under the failed leadership of Barack Obama. We need a leader who is committed to the American people, not Washington lobbyists. I'm Brian Sandoval, and I approve this message because I believe America deserves better than what we're currently getting.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 8th-9th

November 8th: Meet and Greet in West Des Moine, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Des Moine, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Altoona, Iowa; Townhall in Pleasant Hill, Iowa

Governor Kim Reynolds spoke on behalf of Governor Sandoval at a rally in Des Moine, Iowa.

I think it's important that our party nominates someone fresh and new to face off against the Democrats next November, not someone who's been around for decades. I think it's an asset for Brian that he's currently in office - there will be no rust to wipe off when he becomes President, something that may occur if we elect someone who's been out of office for nearly a decade.

Governor Sandoval represents the American dream - A Hispanic, middle-class American who worked his way up the ladder, finally serving as Nevada's Attorney General and as their Governor. And not only has he climbed to the top, but now that he's here, he's done a great job - unemployment has plummeted in Nevada under his watch, and they've balanced the budget for the past three years. I think that's the type of record that undecided voters are going to really like come next fall.

- Governor Kim Reynolds

Senator Dean Heller made the following statements at a Townhall in Pleasant Hill, Iowa.

Brian and I go way back - we're good friends, and I think the world of him. What I see in Brian is a man of character, a man of principles. He stands up for what he believes in, and won't back down. He's been a tough, no-nonsense Governor in Nevada. We need that type of attitude right now in Washington D.C. Spending is wreckless there, and no one seems to think of future implications our decisions may bring.

I believe in Brian Sandoval, because I look at the record he's done in Nevada, and when I think of what he may be able to do as our next President, it gives me hope. That's why I'm here speaking to you today - I believe America's best days are ahead of us if we elect Brian Sandoval to be our next President!

- Nevada Senator Dean Heller

November 9th: Appearance of FOX News Sunday; Attends church at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Des Moine, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Urbandale, Iowa; Townhall in Windsor Heights, Iowa

Brian Sandoval made the following statements while speaking on FOX News Sunday.

America is looking for a fresh face, I firmly believe that, and they want someone who has a long list of accomplishments. I took over Nevada 5 years ago when we were at our worst, and now we're the success story of America. This all has happened recently, not 10 years ago. I think it speaks volumes that, given the terrible economic climate our President has given us, we've still been able to put more Nevadans to work and balance a budget.

America needs a leader, someone who can work with both sides yet still pass smart, conservative policies. I am that leader.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 9th-10th
(Sirnick, I think we got off on days - we just concluded the first week of November, so I think this week is actuall 9-15 Smiley)

Brian Sandoval will begin the week with a Western tour with Senator Dean Heller before arriving in Iowa on Thursday. He'll spend Thursday and Friday in Iowa and Saturday and Sunday in South Carolina.

Monday, November 9th: Campaign Rally in Phoenix, Arizona; Campaign Rally in Ogden, Utah; Campaign Rally in Colorado City, Colorado

Brian Sandoval made the following remarks in Phoenix regarding the new poll numbers.

Back when we started this race, we were on the bottom, sitting at about 3% nationally. Today, we've surged to 20%, and we're gaining on Governor Bush every day! We've taken a lead in Iowa, broke 10% in New Hampshire, nearly 15% in Sout Carolina, and we have a large lead in Nevada.

Americans believe in our message - they're ready for change. They're ready for smart, fiscal policy. Americans don't want more of the same, liberal policies that President Obama has implemented, the same policies supported by the Senator from New York, Ms. Gillibrand. "Obamanomics" has failed America - it's time we start implementing policies that will promote economic growth. Cut taxes, cut spending, give businesses more power. That's the capitalist idea's that we will implement if I am elected President.

Tuesday, November 10th: Campaign Rally in Santa Fe, New Mexico; Campaign Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Townhall in Joplin, Missouri; Campaign Rally in Sprinfield, Missouri.

Senator Dean Heller made the following remarks while at a rally in Springfield, Missouri.

American's are fed up with the liberal policies of Obama, and we can't afford 4 more years of it under Senator Gillibrand! Our inflation is rising, our unemployment is rising, and our debt is in the trillions. It's time to start looking out for our future, our children's future. It's time to elect Brian Sandoval to be the next President of the United States!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 11:18:56 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 11th-15th

November 11th: Veterans Day Speech at Valley High School, Des Moine, Iowa; Luncheon with Veterans in Des Moine, Iowa; Townhall in Garton West, Iowa with focus on Veteran Benefits.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following statements at Valley High School in Des Moine, Iowa.

Good morning, students!

Veterans Holiday is an important day for me - that's why, unlike others in this race, I'm dedicating my entire day to Veterans, and speaking on their behalf.

Veterans have done so much for America - they've given us all the rights we currently have, and we're blessed to have the top in the world. I urge you all, if you run into a Veteran today, thank them.

On this floor, we have an amazing group of heroes who risked their lives to our freedom. I thank you for your service. God Bless you.

Today serves as a reminder for us that we must never forget our Veterans, and we must give them the respect they deserve.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following comments speaking at a Townhall for Veterans in Garton West, Iowa.

First, tonight, I want to thank you all for their service you've done to our country. Tonight, while others are fighting for my votes, I'm here to talk to you, the ones who gave us the freedoms we have. As the son of a Veteran - my father served in the Korean War, I am forever appreciative of what you've done. As your President, you will be a top priority of mine - you will not be abandoned as you have been in the past. As Governor of Nevada, I vetoed legislation that would cut Veteran benefits, and as President, I'll push for more benefits. It's an honor to serve as the Commander of the National Guard of Nevada. It's also been an honor to be able to visit our troops overseas numerous times in recent years.

If it weren't for you all, we wouldn't have the freedoms that we all enjoy, such as the freedom to have democratic elections. We owe it to you to give you the best care in the world.

November 12th: Meet and Greet in Ankeny, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Huxley, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Nevada, Iowa; TV Appearance on ABC5, Ames, Iowa.

November 13th: Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa; Appearance on "Hannity" on FOX News.

November 14th: Campaign Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Newport, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina

November 15th: Meet and Greet in Duncan, South Carolina; Meet and Greet in Taylors, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Greenville, South Carolina.

It's great to be back in the state of South Carolina!

Today, I'm here to talk about President Obama and his handling of foreign affairs. As Secretary of State Bill Richardson said, this is a delicate situation, yes, but let us remember, America is the greatest nation in the world. We are the hope of the Earth, and we must remain strong. This President has a long history of timid leadership on foreign policy, and we simply can't afford any more of that. Honestly, I think anyone from either party would be an improvement on Obama in terms of foreign policy, as you can't get much worse than he's done.

President Obama has apologized for America numerous times. President Obama, here's my message to you: It's time to stop apologizing FOR America and start apologizing TO Americans for your poor performance as President!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

Press Conference by the Sandoval Campaign
Thank you all for being with us today.

Our weekly schedule will be released tomorrow afternoon. We are very pleased with poll numbers this week - we have officially caught Governor Bush nationally, only trailing him by 2 points. We've opened up an 8 point lead in Iowa, are virtually tied in South Carolina with Senator Rubio, and we're polling double-digits in New Hampshire.

We will remain in Iowa for the first of the week before spending two days in South Carolina. Thursday, we will begin a 5 day "Sunshine Tour". I'm very excited to start campaigning in Florida, and I fully plan on competing there.

I now open it up to questions.

Question 1: Governor Sandoval, Senator McCaskill has dropped out, and Gillibrand is already the Democratic nominee. Your thoughts?

Well, I'm sure many Democratic voters are discouraged at how this has played out - while I have no doubt Gillibrand's liberal record in the Senate will please the base, I think it's good for both sides to have a spirited, competitive primary, as it gives voters a chance to learn a lot more about their candidates, and it gives them a choice. While having a crowded GOP field means it'll be longer until we can focus on the General Election, I enjoy it, as it gives us a chance to debate idea's and gives GOP voters a chance to make an informed decision on who will best leader our party forward. I like that, and hope it continues this way.

Question 2: Governor Christie has stated that America doesn't need another Bush and that we should look forward. What's your opinion on this disagreement between Governor Christie and Governor Bush?

Look, a name's just a name - I'm not going to vote for or against someone because of what their last name is. I thank both Governor Bush and the two President's for their service to America. Oh, same with Christie (laughter). Look, I have respect for both men - to me, this race is about proving to Republicans why I'm the best candidate. Like Governor Bush, I come from a swing-state. Actually, my state has been trending to Democrats, with Obama carrying the state by double-digits in 2008. Yet not only did I manage to win there, I was also reelected comfortably. As Governor of Nevada, I have a strong record to stand behind - a record of fiscal responsibility, job creation, and lower taxes. More and more American's are believing in our message, and I look forward to one day getting to be able to work to make America great again as her President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 17-23

Monday, November 17th: Meet and Greet in Jefferson, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Jackson, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Sioux City, Iowa; Republican Club Meeting in Sioux City, Iowa.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following remarks while speaking to local Republicans at a club meeting in Sioux City.

In a little over a month, Iowans will be caucusing, and from now until then, expect to see my face in Iowa even more. I've spent more time in Iowa than any other candidate, and I believe I'm more committed to winning this state than any of them. It's starting to pay off, as our lead here is close to ten points!

Republicans need a leader to face off against the Democratic nominee in the General Election who is tested, experienced, and has been successful. I'm all three of those, and also provide a fresh voice - American's are tired of the same faces dominating politics. It's time for fresh blood, and I provide exactly that!

Tuesday, November 18th: Campaign Rally in Correctionville, Iowa; Townhall in Holstein, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ida Grove, Iowa.

Wednesday, November 19th: Meet and Greet in Forrest Acres, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina; Townhall in Shandon, South Carolina.

While speaking to a crowd in Shandon, Governor Sandoval responds to a comment made by Governor Christie.

Governor Christie wants a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, with no moderators, similar to what Gingrich asked for in 2012. You know what, I'm game for it, as long as all candidates can participate in it. My message to Governor Christie - Bring it on!

Thursday, November 20th: Meet and Greet in Ridgeway, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina; TV Appearance on Bill O'Reiley.

Friday, November 21st: Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, Florida; Campaign Rally in Orange Park, Florida; Townhall in Palm Valley, Florida

Thank you! It's great to finally be in the great state of Florida, and with this warm weather, I'm loving it!

We've been blessed to see a surge in the past couple of months, and we're now in a dead heat with Governor Bush nationally. As I've said from the beginning, our strategy in this primary is to compete in every state, and hope that in the end we'll be able to amass enough delegates to get a clear majority. Florida is certainly a part of our strategy.

Barack Obama came to Florida back in 2008 and promised hope and change. He promised to "heal the world" and "turn back the tides". Today, our economy is worse, our image to foreign nation has weakened, and Americans have lost hope, not gained. America needs a new direction, and I'll provide that as your President!

Saturday, November 22nd: Campaign Rally in Palm Coast, Florida; Campaign Rally in Daytona Beach, Florida; Campaign Rally in Deltona, Florida; Townhall in Sanford, Florida

Sunday, November 23rd: Appearance on FOX News Sunday; Attends Church in Orlando, Florida; Campaign Rally in Orlando, Florida; Townhall in Orlando, Florida
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »

9/23: Brian Sandoval

Brian Sandoval made an appearance on FOX News Sunday with Chris Wallace.

Good morning, Governor Sandoval? How are things down in Florida?

Thanks, Chris. Good morning to you too! It's great down here, I'm really enjoying the weather!

You started this race at the bottom of the pack, and now you're at the top. It seems anywhere you visit, your support increases. What do you make of that?

Well, Chris, I think Republicans are looking for a proven conservative to run in 2016. In 2000, Republicans ran an executive, someone who solid experience at leading a state, and we won. Our last three failed candidates, Speaker Gingrich, Senator McCain, and Senator Dole...none of them had the experience of managing a government. Now, our last three successful nominee's, President George W Bush, President George HW Bush, who's executive experience came from serving as Vice President), and President Reagan all had that experience.

It's not just having that experience though, it's how you managed it. I took Nevada from the bottom to the top in just a few years, and we've balanced the budget here for 3 straight years. I went against the odds to become the first Latino to be elected to a statewide position in Nevada, and additionally, I've won twice in a state that voted for Obama twice. I have a solid record and I can win - I believe that's why more and more Republicans, Independents, and even Democrats are gravitating towards my campaign.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »

Brian Sandoval Debate Responses

1. Thank you for the question. What is currently going on in Afghanistan is a world crisis, and we have a President who has taken a weak and rather silent stance on the issue. This has been a reoccurring theme throughout his administration, from Libya to Egypt to this. America needs and deserves a President who will stand up for American values, not apologize for them, and I think any of the candidates on this stage would be a huge improvement over what we've had for the past 7 years.

Look, as President, I won't rule out any decision. If I were President today, I would not send troops to Afghanistan for the time being. However, if the situation drastically escalated there, I think all of us would agree that it's something that would be on the table. As President, I will make sure to surround myself with advisers, hear the pro's and con's of every possible path to take, and then make a decision based on what I think is best for America's future.

2. First off, I want to take a moment to honor Doctor Paul. Ron Paul spent many years not only fighting for our nation overseas, but also fighting in Washington D.C. for constitutional values and liberty. Mr. Paul did a great service to our nation, and he will forever be missed.

I believe the answer for now would be to provide aid to India, our ally, but I do not believe the solution for America is to become immersed in another war. However, if there is a threat to our national security, yes, an attack would be appropriate.

3. With the age of the internet comes cyber-terrorism, and unfortunately it is becoming a greater and greater threat to our nation. Our nation has built up strong forces to defend a physical attack, but not enough is being done on cyber-terrorism. Funding for cyber-terrorism defense is necessary for America to remain safe in the future, and more funds will be shifted to it if I am President. Thank you.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 11:57:59 AM by tmthforu94 »

Brian Sandoval Campaign Schedule: November 23rd-30th
(How did I get off on dates? Roll Eyes This is right, starts on the last Monday in November)

Brian Sandoval will spend Monday and Tuesday finishing his tour of Florida, before taking a bus tour back to Iowa, traveling through South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Illinois.

Monday, November 23rd: Campaign Rally in Fort Meyers, Florida; Townhall in Sarasota, Florida; Fundraiser in Tampa, Florida

Question from Audience at Townhall in Sarasota, Florida.

Governor Sandoval, you're currently at just 5% in Florida, yet you're still here. Why?

Well, I'd like to point out that I don't think this poll has taken in the full effect of my swing through the state, nor the fact that I just became one of the first candidates to go on the air here. I'm here in Florida because I believe Florida is a state I can win. While West, Rubio, and Bush all have an upper hand here, I think I also have an upper hand of being a conservative, minority Governor from a swing state who did a helluva a job. I have a strong record to stand behind, and that's how I plan on winning over voters in the Sunshine State. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 24th: Meet and Greet in Tampa, Florida; Campaign Rally in Gainesville, Florida; Townhall in Jacksonville, Florida

Governor Sandoval spoke to a crowd in Gainesville, Florida.

Thank you all! It's been such a pleasure to spend the last few days in the Sunshine State, and I've received such a warm reception! This election is a crucial one, and it'll determine whether America continues on down a dangerous, debt-ridden path, or a path of prosperity and economic freedom. That's the America I want, and if you agree, I ask for your vote when the primary process comes to Florida.

Wednesday, November 25th: Campaign Rally in Hilton Head, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Aiken, South Carolina; Campaign Rally in Waynesville, Tennessee

Governor Brian Sandoval's wife, Kathleen, made the following speech at a rally in Aiken, South Carolina.

Thank you all, thank you so much. Let me say, spending time on the campaign trail with Brian these past few months has been such a blessing, and I look forward to seeing you all many more times in the future.

I've met many good friends along the way, and I've also picked up on a common theme - Americans are still hurting. Americans desperately want a leader in the White House, someone who is committed to them. I urged Brian to run in this race because I believe he can be that leader. He is a man of integrity, compassion, and honesty...qualities we need in a President.

Thursday, November 26th: Campaign Rally in Knoxville, Tennessee; Townhall in Bowling Green, Kentucky; Townhall in Owensboro, Kentucky.

Governor Brian Sandoval made the following statement to reporters in Knoxville, Tennessee, before holding a campaign rally.

Look, I've stated all along that I plan on contesting every state. Tennessee is not one of the lead-off states, but it is still important to our strategy. I believe folks in Tennessee will take a liking to my strong record as both an Attorney General and as a Governor, and I hope to carry this state on Primary day. Thank you!

Friday, November 27th: Campaign Rally in Evansville, Indiana; Campaign Rally in Vincennes, Indiana; Republican Club Meeting in Terre Haute, Indiana.

College Student made the following remarks before Governor Sandoval took the stage in Terre Haute, Indiana.

I've followed Governor Sandoval's career since he started running for Governor in 2010, and from that moment, I had a gut feeling this guy might be our next President. I wish I had put some stock on it, seeing where we're at today! (laughter)

I think we can all agree that President Obama has been a colossal disappointment. It's time for America to have a leader who believes in America, someone who has a proven conservative record and can win over minorities and independents. Yeah, Governor Sandoval is currently trailing Senator Gillibrand, but also look at his approvals! He has more room to grow than any other candidate. Put his record up against her's, and I think we stand a solid chance in November with Governor Sandoval as our nominee.

Saturday, November 28th: Campaign Rally in Effingham, Illinois; Campaign Rally in Springfield, Illinois; Townhall in Peoria, Illinois

Governor Brian Sandoval spoke to a crowd of approximately 560 in Effingham, Illinois.

It's great to be in the Land of Lincoln!

Far and wide, we're meeting Americans in this primary that are concerned about the state of our nation, and want a change. Back in 2008, Barack Obama promised change, but it wasn't the change we wanted. Instead, we got more government, more spending, and more problems. I also want to change America...for the better. Let's cut taxes, cut spending, and cut government regulations. That is how we can achieve economic prosperity, and that is what I'll do as your President!

Sunday, November 29th: Meet and Greet in Davenport, Iowa; Campaign Rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Governor Kim Reynolds made the following comments at a rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa.

It's great to have Governor Sandoval back in Iowa! Judging from his campaign schedule, I'm sure he's very exhausted. By the way, we're all very envious of you, spending a weekend in Florida!

Through it all, Governor Sandoval has been very committed to Iowa in this campaign, and I think it's important that we remember that on Caucus Day. I believe in Brian Sandoval, and I hope you join me in bringing the Hawkeye State in his corner!

Sunday, November 29th: Nevada
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »

At a press conference in Capitol Hill, Senator Rand Paul makes the following comments.

Good afternoon. Thank you all for being here today.

It's safe to say the race for the White House is heating up. This is arguably the most important race in American history. This race will determine whether America heads down a path of prosperity and economic freedom or a path of socialism and economic hardships.

My father was famously known for being a constitutionalist, also a libertarian-minded individual. I consider myself to be in the same boat my father was, and I hope to continue on the his legacy by fighting for small government and individual freedoms.

It's important that our next President shares the values my father had, the values I believe in. That's why today I'm announcing my support for Governor Brian Sandoval. Simply put, Governor Sandoval gets it. He understands the need to repeal Obamacare, cut government spending, passed a balanced budget amendment, and overall, just get America back on the right, constitutional track. Not only am I endorsing him, but I'll also be heading out on the campaign trail with him. I respect his opponents, but I firmly believe that Governor Sandoval is the best person in this race to lead America with conservative, constitutional values.

Thank you, and God Bless.

Statement by Governor Sandoval:

We are very blessed and honored to have Senator Paul's endorsement. His father was a fighter for liberty, as is he, and it will be an honor to campaign along side him in the coming months. As Dr. Paul said in the 2012 race, it's time to "Restore America Now". Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies