2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73363 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« on: January 26, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »

EXT: Mendham, New Jersey: City Hall 12:00 PM

"...I am here today announcing my candidacy for President of the United States, because I am sick and tired of the excuses from this failed president. He's been there for eight years, he promised to make a change and he didn't deliver, why you might ask: He never led anything. He's had on the job training and I think being President of the United States is not the kind of job that once should gradually grow into. I've led. I helped bring this state back from the abyss and I want to do it Washington next. Now I'm going to be blunt, I am be offensive to some people, but I'm not going to mold myself into a pretzel to run for President.  I want to make this country great again and what we need is a not a pretender in chief, we need a commander in chief.

With and only with real leadership can we restore this country and make America that proud shinning city on a hill again. This election is for our kids, it isn't fair to them to hand off a mountain-load of debt and misery. Let us make them proud. Thank you so very much, let the race begin!"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »

Christie Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

14: Townhall in Concord, NH, Rally on UNH Campus
15: Townhall in Nashua, NH, Townhall in Ceder Rapids, IA
16: Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Sphagetti Dinner in Des Moines, IA
17: Townhall in Waterloo, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
18: Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, Lunch with Veterans in Hampton, NH, Townhall in Kingston, NH
19: Townhall in Rochester, NH, Rally in Manchester, NH, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
20: Rally in Miami, FL, Townhall in Miami, FL, Apperance on World News Tonight
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

Excerpt from Christie's speech in Concord, NH:

"...We're tired of the failed politics and the failed policies of the past eight years. Together we will forge a new beginning, not just for our party, but for the American people. That is what this election is about. A return to capitalism, a return to free market principles. A return to the Constitution. I believe in that document, the document which is the law of the land. Let's take her back America, let's take this country back!"

Later in the day, at a rally on the UNH campus in Durham, NH Chris Christie attacked the Democratic frontrunner as well as some of his opponents.

"...the Democrats will nominate the run of the mill liberal, big government fan in Andrew Cuomo. Let me tell you something, another Barack Obama cannot be our future, and I'll tell you this: If we nominate another extreme candidate from our party we're going to find ourselves looking down the barrel of another four years of Democratic policies, Democratic leadership and Democratic failure. Let's have a new choice. Let's have a new beginning."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »

Schedule: 9/21- 9/27

21: Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Waterloo, IA, Spagetti Dinner in Waterloo, IA
22: Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Rally in Manchester, NH, Appearance on NBC Nightly News
23: Rally in Myrtel Beach, SC, Appearance on O'Reilly Factor, Townhall in Greenville, SC
24: Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA, Townhall in Fairfields, IA
25: Appearance on The Early Show, Rest Day in New Jersey
26: Rally in Hudson, NH, Townhall in Dover, NH, Townhall in Epping, NH
27: Appearance on This Week, Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, Rally in Exeter, NH

Christie in Portsmouth, NH
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 06:43:18 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 12:51:48 PM by NHI »

Christie Campaign Schedule: 9/29 - 10/5

29: Appearance on Hannity.
30: Townhall in Concord, NH, Townhall in Berlin, NH
1:   Townhall in Salem, NH, Rally in Machester, NH
2:   Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Appearance on AC360
3:   Rest Day
4:   Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA
5:   Appearance on Meet The Press

Christie on Bush's Entrance into the race:
"The more the merrier, the water's fine. I will say I don't think we should be looking to the past for our party going forward. This is about the future, not past legacies."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

Christie on Cap and Trade:

"This type of nonsense occurred back in New Jersey and it didn't work and it most certainly won't work on a national level. Now, I guess if the goal is to drive business away and send them into other countries like China, then sure let's pass Cap and Trade, and then see where all the jobs are!"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »

Christie Schedule: 10/6 - 10/12

6: Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Ames, IA, Appearance on NBC Nightly News
7: Rally in Davenport, IA, Townhall in Waterloo, IA, Meet and Greet in Barnes City, IA
8: Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Major Policy Speech in Concord, NH, Townhall in Salem, NH
9: Townhall in Berlin, NH, Townhall in Lancaster, NH, Rally in Manchester, NH, Appearance on Hannity
10: Rally in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Charleston, SC, Rally in Tampa, FL,
11: Townhall in Sparks, NV, Townhall in Carson City, NV
12: Visit Hoover Dam, Rally at Hoover Dam, Midnight Rally in Des Moines, IA

Christie delivering a speech in Nevada.

Christie on the stump in Iowa.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 11:27:45 PM by NHI »

Chris Christie: Schedule October 13 - October 19

13: Rally in Londonderry, NH, Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
14: Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Davenport, IA, Appearance on Rachel Maddow Show
15: Press Conference, Townhall in Buffalo, IA, Townhall in Washington, IA
16: Townhall in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Orlando, FL, Townhall in Charlotte, FL
17: Policy Speech on Cap and Trade in Liberty, FL, Townhall in Jacksonville, FL
18: Rally in Simi Valley, CA, Major Policy speech on US Foreign Policy at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Meet and Greet at The Reagan Library
19: Townhall in Durham, NH, Towhall in Exeter, NH, Rally in Portsmouth, NH

Excerpts from Christie's Press Conference:
Q: Governor Christie, what do you make of the recent rise of Jeb Bush in the polls?

A: I don't worry too much about it. I know you guys in the press like to spin it into different directions, but the fact is I'm going across this country and am making my case that I'd be best nominee for our party and the best president to replace the absolute failure we've had for eight years.

Q: But do you consider Governor Bush your rival?

A: If that what you guys want to call it, I prefer competitor, but it's just a preference. However, I will say now that you've got me on the subject I think it's important for our party to look at the big picture. Do we want to turn the clock back, and while he maybe qualified to be President, is it worth nominating a namesake to be our standard-bear? I think not. This is a new Republican party and for us to overwhelming defeat the Democratic machine in November we've got to be ready and able to move beyond the traditional paths that our party has taken.

Christie at the Reagan Library
"This President has allowed Iran to reach this emboldened state. If I am President of the United States my policy towards Iran will be one of clarity, of strong coalitions in the region and American prowess. We cannot sit by and watch the world change without us, this century belongs to the United States. It is time, frankly it is past time for us to lead again, and under my watch we will."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »

Christie Responses:

1. Certainly the ruling on the President's health care law. While the majority of the law maybe constitutional the fact that the Supreme Court allowed the mandate to stand is irrational. We have taken the Commerce Clause too far and as a result we're empowering Congress to take more unconstitutional actions in the future. It was a mistake by the Courts to let the law stand and if I'm President of the United States I will work to see it repealed. Now some people will say, hey the main parts of it have been in effect for two years and about four years for the other stuff, just let it stand. I won't because it's bad policy, it's bad politics and it will bankrupt this nation like all the other welfare states of Europe.

2. President Obama doesn't make a lot of comments on much lately, but here's how you combat inflation. First we've got all this excess money floating around out there and not enough stuff to match it. If we tie the creation of stuff to the flow of money that's a start. Then comes the part of reducing government spending, and keep that flow of money low. We've got to be able to control the flow of money, and it going to have be the responsibility of the Fed, for it was designed in a way to combat inflation.

3. Obviously, if the situation were to occur, any US involvement would done after careful and cautious consideration and if our interests were at stake. Now the first step I would take is to make sure that all our troops in and around the region are secure, and then I would put them on high alert in the event we needed to become involved. However, I feel even though India is an ally of the US this would be there matter to resolve and the only way I could see the US becoming involved is under a worst case scenario. The fact is we can be supportive without becoming directly involved.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 09:42:50 PM by NHI »

Christie Schedule: October 20 - October 31

20: Rally in Reno, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Appearance on Hannity
21: Rally in Waterloo, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA
22: Rally in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Rally in Greenville, SC
23: Rally in Orlando, FL, Townhall in Jacksonville, FL, Townhall in Tampa
24: Townhall in Berlin, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
25: Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Rochester, NH, Rally in Machester, NH
26: Rally in Mason City, IA, Townhall in Burlington, IA, Townhall in Council Bluffs, IA
27: Appearance on Good Morning America, Appearance on the Today Show, Rally in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Clinton, IA
28: Appearance on Morning Joe, Appearance on The View, Appearance on The Sean Hannity Show, Fundraiser in NYC, Appearance on AC360
29: Townhall in Derry, NH, Townhall in Raymond, NH, Townhall in Conway, NH, Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor  
30: Rally in Manchester, NH, Rally in Concord, NH, House Party in Rye, NH
31: Appearance on Today, Breakfast in Greenland, NH, Townhall in Nottingham, NH, Townhall in Londonderry, NH, Midnight Rally in Des Moines, IA

"I feel the energy, I see the momentum building. We're going to win the nomination and the election! America has had eight years of failure, it's time again for real leadership. America is still a great country, but we can make her greater, by bringing her back from the decline." -- Gov. Chris Christie in Berlin, NH

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

Excerpt from new Christie ad running in Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire.

"...we need tough leadership. Someone who has balanced a budget. Curbed government spending. Lowered taxes. Empowered the individuals, leaving more power to the people and less to the government.

[Christie speaks] 'I did it in New Jersey and I'll do it in Washington.' The leadership American needs." 'I'm Chris Christie and I approve this meesage.'

Christie Schedule: November 1-7

1: Rally in Sioux City, IA, Call in on The Sean Hannity Show, Rally in Des Moines, IA
2: Townhall in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Greenville, SC Apperance on On the Record
3: Townhall in Charleston, SC, Rally in Orlando, FL, Apperance on The Last Word
4: Townhall in Reno, NV, Fundraiser in Denver, CO, Apperance on World News Tonight
5: Townhall in Jefferson, NH, Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, House Party in Rye, NH
6: Townhall in Salem, NH, Townhall in Hanover, NH, Rally at Plymouth University, Plymouth, NH, Townhall in Concord, NH
7: Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA, House Party in Cedar Rapids, IA
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »

Excerpt from Christie Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire:

"...We are a hopeful people and the last eight years we've nothing but a deterioration of that hope and pride. We've seen rebellion, animosity towards leaders and our government. Now we not only need a limited government, but we need a government that works. One that is refined. So it will be top priority, upon taking office to go through the federal budget and do way with programs and departments, either by returning them to the state or getting rid of them entirely.
The first bureau which will be gone under a Christie Administration will be the Department of Education. It has not served it' purpose and it's hurting our kids' futures. Let the states and local communities deal with the education system, for they know best how to handle it.
Another big step which people don't like to talk about is entitlement reform. We're going to have to have all options on the table when it comes to social security. I'm talking raising the retirement age as a possibility. The fact is we can't keep going down this road and debt increase after debt increase. America is too great and strong a nation to be mired in that garbage...."

Christie Schedule: November 8-10
8: Speech in Manchester, NH, Townhall in Goffstown, NH, House Party in Meredith, NH
9: Townhall in Detroit, MI, Townhall in Flint, MI, Rally in Davenport, IA
10: Appearance on The Laura Ingram Show, Press Conference in Mason City, IA Townhall in Mason City, IA, Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA

Press Conference: Excerpt
Q: Are you at all threatened by Governor Bush's rise in the polls?

A: Am I threatened? You forget who you're talking to here. The stuff I put up with in New Jersey...this pales in comparison.

[Laughter]

I will say this though our party has a choice. Now I respect Governor Bush's record and his commitment to public service. But I don't not think we need the third Bush to lead our party. You know the saying third time's a charm, don't apply here. We need a knew vision, need ideas and a new face.

Q: You've been critical of President Obama in your recent speeches, has he done anything right in your view?

A: Boy that's a loaded question, but to play the game sure, he killed Bin Laden and that's it. He's been a total and absolute failure in every possible matter. On the economy, on Iran. I mean the list goes on and I know people in the media don't like to report it, but that's the truth. This country has gone into decline thanks to this President. Now our party isn't blameless, but at least we admit our mistakes whereas the Democrats hide with their tails between their legs and say oh the Republicans did it.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 04:21:02 PM by NHI »

Christie on the Stump: Des Moines, IA
"This race is getting down the wire and I'm asking for your support Iowa. I am asking for your help to put this country back on the track we we know it is destined to be on.

[Applause]

I mean otherwise I suppose if this works out I've got a gig on Jersey Shore, at least we know that's covered. I've got options. (chuckles). You know I wasn't going to mention this today, but some recents comments from a man to whom I have great respect for, in terms of his service for this country, but the types of petty politics is not needed in this time. I'm proud to have served as Governor of New Jersey, I'm running for President because I want to work for the people of this great country.  We need unity, not division. Leadership is about service, it's about being about more than one self or one's party.
That's why I am announcing today that if I am elected President of the United States I will not accept a salary as President, what I would receive will go to charity.

[Applause]

I'm not in politics for the money, I'm in it to make a difference for the people of I country I love."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »

Chris Christie Schedule: November 11-15

Christie on the stump in Iowa to a crowd of 2000 people.

11: Townhall in Ames, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
12. Appearance on The Today Show, Townhall in Charleston, SC, Townhall in Columbia, SC, Townhall in Boynton Beach, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL
13: Townhall in Jackson, NH, Town, Townhall in Colebrook, NH, Townhall in Littleton, NH, Appearance on Hannity
14: Townhall in Reno, NV, Townhall in Carson City, NV, Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
15: Rally in Flint, MI, Townhall in Detroit, MI, Townhall in Columbus, OH, Speech on Flat Tax Policy at Mount Washington Hotel, Carroll, NH

Christie's speech at the Mount Washington Hotel.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »

Christie Schedule: November 17-23

17: Town Hall in Dover, NH, Town Hall in Durham, NH, Rally in Portsmouth, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Hampton, NH, Town Hall in Salem, NH
18: Town Hall in Bethlehem, NH, Town Hall in Jefferson, NH, Townhall in Randolph, NH, Town Hall in Gorham, NH, Rally in Franconia, NH with Gov. Lamontagne
19: Appearance on Good Morning America, Appearance on The Laura Ingram Show, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Appearance on The Sean Hannity Show, Town Hall in Pelham, NH, Appearance on Special Report
20: Appearance on The Today Show, Town Hall in Manchester, NH, Town Hall in Concord, NH, Town Hall in Bedford, NH, House Party in Bedford
21: Fundraiser in Los Angeles, Appearance on the Tonight Show
22: Rally in Ames, IA, Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
23: Rally in Hooksett, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Farmington, NH, Town Hall in Madbury, NH, Town Hall in Manchester, NH

Christie on the Stump
"It's quite clear who we're going to face in November on the Democrat's side and it should be a fun, notice the tone in my voice when I say fun mind you, but I look forward to it and I know that you and I can also agree that we need someone who can make the case for conservative values of free markets, limited government, lower taxes, capitalism. We chose personality four year ago and that personality became the defining point of the campaign, we do not need to nominate just a personality, we need to nominate someone who can articulate conservative values and blow holes right through the Democrat's talking points, and believe me there ain't many.

[Laughter]

The simple truth of the matter is we have a choice in this election. We went with the past once and we saw what happened, we have that choice again. We can nominate just on namesake and hope that people have a short term memory, or we can nominate a fresh face, who aside from his large exterior, also has a record and ideas to make this country work again. If you believe that is the person we need then I'm your candidate and I'm asking for you vote New Hampshire!"

Christie with Reporters:

Q: Are you saying that President Bush was not a true conservative?

A: I have tremendous respect for George W. Bush, he kept this country safe, but if you asking me did he live up to conservative values no. We strayed during those eight years, now to answer your next question which I know is coming, I have respect for Governor Bush, another decent American who served Florida well, but I don't think we need to nominate another Bush. We leave the past in the past, it's time for Republicans to move forward into the 21st century.

Q: You favor repealing the President's Health Care law, what is your plan to replace it with?

A: I've stated what exactly I will do and you can checkout my website for the full plan, but in a nutshell, we repeal it, through reconciliation if we have to, get rid of it. Then we create a market based solution, in many ways similar to what Jon Huntsman accomplished during his tenure in Utah. No mandates, no penalties, no government run.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »

Chris Christie Speech in Manchester, NH

"...you know lately I had a lot of reference to the Jersey Shore, now let me ask you something do I really look like someone that belongs on Jersey Shore?

[Laughter]

And besides they're not even from Jersey, Cuomo in New York there kicked them out.

[Laughter]

Anyway, I love the comparison to the people on that show and myself. You know I've been called loud and bombastic. Well look, I can get loud and perhaps little bombastic, but it is only because I'm so passionate about this country. We've had eight years of absolute and utter failure from Barack Obama, I don't want to see us endure failure for another four years. So, yes I'm fired up, but frankly that's what this country needs. We need a fighter, we need someone to champion the cause of freedom and opportunity. Someone who will fight for the American Dream. I am that candidate, I will be that President if you allow the great honor to serve!

[Cheers]

My record is what it is. I am a Conservative. I'm running as a Conservative. I'm running on a Conservative platform of less government, creating a flat tax system, less spending and a return to constitutional based principles.

[Cheers]

And I'm proposing here today that the remaining candidates in the race for the nomination of our party meet in one of the early states and have a real debate. Not one of these moderated nonsense ones where we speak from thirty seconds and that's it. I suggest a Lincoln-Douglas style debate if you will, my campaign will front the expense, but I want us to discuss and draw the contrasts and actually speak directly to the people.

So I'm asking my friends in this race, let's have a debate!"

[Cheers]
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2012, 06:48:10 PM by NHI »

Christie Schedule: 11/24-11/29

Christie in Dover, New Hampshire.

24: Rally in Ames, IA, Town Hall in Clinton, IA, Town Hall in Wheatland, IA, Appearance on AC 360, Appearance on The David Letterman Show
25: Rally in Manchester, NH, Town Hall in Jefferson, NH, Town Hall in Colebrook, NH, Town Hall in Littleton, NH, Appearance on Hannity
26: Thanksgiving. No Events Scheduled
27: Rally in Portsmouth, NH, Town Hall in Rochester, NH, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Town Hall in Laconia, NH, Rally with Gov. Lamontagne in Dixville Notch, NH
28: Town Hall in Plaistow, NH, Town Hall in Salem, NH, Town Hall in Wolfeboro, NH, Visit Charmingfare Farm in Candida, NH
29: Town Hall in Plymouth, NH, Town Hall in Kenne, NH, Town Hall in Jaffrey, NH, Rally in Manchester, NH with Gov. Lamontagne, Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
30: Town Hall in Spring Hill, FL, Rally in Tampa, FL, Town Hall in Miami, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL

"I'm glad Governor Bush and Governor Sandoval have accepted my offer to a debate. Not one of these usual soundbite debates, but a real discussion on the issues facing America. I propose we meet back here in the Granite State, and I welcome the other candidates to join us, so we can whittle through the the talking points and find a candidate to best represent our party and lead America come January 20, 2017."

Statement from the Christie Campaign
"In the coming week The Governor will be giving a major speech on Education in America and his plan to make America the leader in that field again."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

1. "Our efforts militarily in Afghanistan are over. It is time for us to start nation building at home, and while it isn't always the case I agree with the President. We need to let the people of Afghanistan fight their own battles. Now, as President I would send aid over in order to see the Taliban does not regain it's strength."

2. "The United States should become involved in the conflict, if and only if there is a direct attack on us. Obviously, we need to look out for our friend India, but I believe they are capable to fight the battle on their own. We also have to realize that in this strife Pakistan has a choice, either they are with us or against us. There cannot be this gray area with them, pick a side a stand on it."

3. "Cyber-terrorism is the next big thing, and frankly we need to be better prepared for it. We've been focused on the next physical attack and while we must remain vigilant, the next wave will come in the form of a cyber attack. If a protest group is able to shut down the CIA's website, then we have a problem. It's time to get serious about the possibility of a cyber attack, and be proactive, and instead of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, should it happen and we're not prepared. I would advocate more spending and more watches on nations like China that could perpetuate an attack like this."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »

Christie's Speech on Education:

"...one of the most important issues in this election that doesn't get enough traction is education. Education reform is what we need to get serious about as a nation, otherwise America is going to falter and fail in the 21st century. The notion that we can simply throw money at the problem in hopes that it will go away in nonsense. Maybe in a socialist utopia, like the one Senator Gillibrand professes, but that's not how I see America regaining it's leading edge in education.

We first must acknowledge that the public school system is failing in America, and has been failing for a great many years. The solution has been to throw money down from the federal government to the state, with all the golden goodies of mandates and standards. The fact is Washington doesn't know how to educate our kids, and frankly they shouldn't be in that business. It should be up to the states and thus the local communities and most important of all, parents to help in seeing that our kids receive a world class education.

That is why I am proposing in this campaign to run on the platform of abolishing once and for all the Department of Education.

[Cheers]

This used to be on the Republican Platform, but after 1996 we've settled with the Department, and by settling with it, we've allowed the beast to grow and grow, turning into something that is not about education, but another bloated bureaucracy, something Washington doesn't need.

[Cheers]

The department needs to be done away entirely and from there reserve the rights for education to be mastered as the state and local level. Let them decide the guideline, because they know their kids, they know the needs. Washington doesn't.

[Cheers]

In dealing with our public schools, they should not be done away with, but instead reformed. We need to increase accountability of our teachers. Great teachers want to be held accountable, they want a standard to go by. It's time we took that into place. Teachers that are good, don't fear being accountable, because they know what they're doing is for the benefit of the students. It's time to reward the teachers that actually teach, and fire the ones who don't.

[Cheers]

Now there will be public schools that cannot be fixed, like what we had in New Jersey. We had two hundred failing public schools and it is by no fault of the kids, but they're trapped and had no wiggle room. So we gave them choices and the choice was to replace to the two hundred failing public schools with charter schools. It creates competition, it's good for the market place and most important of all it's good for the kids.

[Cheers]

Now, we are going to continue to ignore the problems of education, or we are going to respond and respond with vigor and resolve. I am committed to making American number one again in education, because for this nation to lead the world it has to start at the education level. We need to educate our children and make them competitive in this global economy. For I know our kids can out compete any other kids on the face of the earth. We have the innovation, we have the resources, it's time we got serious about education and fixed it once and for all. Thank you all so very much, God Bless you."

[Cheers]

Press Release from Christie Campaign:
Education Reform for the 21st Century:

1. Abolish Department of Education
2. Return Power Back to the States
3. Make Teachers Accountable
4. Reward Teachers on Merit.
5. Create competition in the School Market; Choices on education.
6. Create Voucher Program for Parents.

Endorsement for Chris Christie:

Former Governor and Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney endorses Chris Christie for President.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »

Christie Schedule: December 1- 4:

Press Release from Christie Campaign:
"Gov. Christie will be campaigning with both Governor Lamontagne and Governor Romney this week in New Hampshire."

Christie fires up the crowd in New Hampshire.

1. Rally in Unity, NH with Governor Romney, Rally in Concord, NH with Governor Romney and Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Kingston, NH,  Town Hall in New London, NH Town Hall in Newbury, NH, Meet and Greet in Merrimack, NH, Appearance on Hannity

Excerpt from Hannity:
Q. You've slipped in the national polls. You did not have the greatest debate performance recently and now Governor Bush is leading in NH, a state that is seen as your firewall. What's next?

A. I'm not worried Sean. We just introduced my plan for education reform that is bold and I know will rub a lot of the people the wrong way, but that's what I believe and I'm sticking with it. In terms of national polls, they don't really mean much at this point. No one has voted yet, wait until Iowa, and New Hampshire vote and then we'll see how everything is.

Q. Are you confident about winning New Hampshire?

A. Politics is ever changing Sean, you and I both know that, so I'm not going to speak in absolutes. I know we're going to do well in New Hampshire, that's why I'm here all this week. The people here care about the process and I've got two great surrogates in Governor Lamontagne and Governor Romney with me on the stump. I'll make my case and what happens, happens.

Q. Will you support the Republican nominee, should you not win?

A. No one needs to question my commitment to Conservative values and principles. I will support whoever the nominee is, because he'll be a lot better than President Obama's failed leadership and the continuation of that failure, which Senator Gillibrand is pushing.

2. Town Hall at the University of New Hampshire, Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH, Town Hall in Nemarket, NH, Town Hall in Derry, NH, Town Hall in Candida, NH, Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH

3. Town Hall at Southern New Hampshire University, Town Hall in Gilford, NH, Town Hall at Plymouth University, Town Hall in Berlin, NH, Appearance on World News Tonight, Meet and Greet in Lancaster, NH

4. Town Hall in Colebrook, NH, Town Hall in Conway, NH, Lunch with Veterans in Jackson, NH, Town Hall in Concord, NH, Town Hall in Peterborough, NH, Town Hall in Milford, NH, Town Hall in Mout Vernon, NH, Rally at Exeter Town Hall

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »

Christie Schedule: December 5-7

5. Rally in Des Moines, IA, Town Hall in Clinton, IA, Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, IA
6. Town Hall in Miami, FL, Town Hall in Boynton Beach, FL, Rally in Orlando, FL
7. Rally with Gov. Scott Brown in Exeter, NH, Town Hall with Gov. Brown in Plymouth, NH, Town Hall in Concord, NH, Town Hall in Merimack, NH, Appearance on Hannity, Appearance on On The Record.

Press Release from the Christie Campaign:
We are proud to announce the endorsement of Governor Scott Brown of Massachusetts in Governor Christie's bid to become President of The United States. Being from a blue state also, Brown understands the need to cooperation, for bipartisan efforts and the need for the Republican nominee to be someone with the executive experience to lead on day one.

Christie received the endorsement of Massachusetts Governor Scott Brown.

"I proudly endorse Chris Christie for President of the United States. He must be our nominee, he must be our next President, if we are to stop the train-wreck which has been the Obama Presidency. He has the executive experience to lead this nation to a better tomorrow."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

Christie Schedule: December 8-15th:

Sen. John Thune Endorses Chris Christie in Ann Arbor, MI

8. Town Hall in Grand Rapids, MI, Town Hall in Detroit, MI, Rally in Ann Arbor, MI, Endorsement by Sen. John Thune
9. Town Hall in Clinton, IA, Town Hall in Ames IA, Rally in Des Moines, IA with Sen. John Thune.
10. Rally in Orlando, FL with Sen. John Thune, Lives Appearance on NBC Night News and Hannity
11. Town Hall in New Boston, NH, Town Hall in Keene, NH, Rally with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne in Rochester, NH, Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
12. Town Hall in Berlin, NH, Town Hall in Littleton, NH, Town Hall in Farmington, NH, Meet and Greet with Gov. Mitt Romney and Gov. Scott Brown in Hooksett, NH, House Party in Manchester, NH
13. Town Hall in Greenland, NH with Gov. Scott Brown and Gov. Ovide Lamontagne, Town Hall in Epping, NH, Town Hall in Candia, NH, Spaghetti Dinner in Concord, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne
14. Town Hall in Dover, NH, Rally at the University of New Hampshire with Gov. Scott Brown, Town Hall in Sommersworth, NH, Rally at the Verizon Center, Manchester NH, Appearance on The Last Word
15. Town Hall in Franconia, NH, Speech at the Franconia Notch Chamber of Commerce, Call in on The Sean Hannity Show, Speech to The Rockingham County Republicans, Internet Forum from Salem, NH
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

Christie Schedule: Dec. 16-28

Dec. 16:
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet with Sen. Thune in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Appearance on Hannity

Dec. 17:
-Appearance on The View
-Fundraiser in NYC
-Appearance on On The Record

Dec. 18:
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL
-Town Hall in Tallahassee, FL
-Town Hall in Orlando, FL
-Appearance on World News Tonight
-Appearance on AC360
-Appearance on The Late Show

Dec. 19:
-Rally in Detroit, MI with Gov. Romney
-Rally in Grand Rapids, MI with Gov. Romney
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Town Hall in Detroit, MI

Dec. 20:
-Speech to the Wayne County Republicans, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
-Town Hall in Lancaster, OH

Dec. 21:
-Town Hall in Richmond, VA
-Rally in Arlington, VA
-Fundraiser in Washington, DC
-Appearance on Special Report

Dec. 22:
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH
-Meet and Greet in Portsmouth, NH with Gov. Ovide Lamontagne
-Town Hall in Epping, NH

Dec. 23:
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Littleton, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH

Dec. 24:
No Events Scheduled: Christmas Eve

Dec. 25:
No Events Scheduled: Christmas Day

Dec. 26:
-Town Hall in Farmington, NH
-Town Hall in Candida, NH
-Town Hall in Salem, NH

Dec. 27:
-Town Hall in Conway, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH
-Speech to Portsmouth Republicans at the Sheraton Hotel

Dec. 28:
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH
-Town Hall in Durham, NH
-Town Hall in Whitefield, NH
-Rally in Laconia, NH

"We're going to do very well in this state. I predict a second or third place finish for Governor Bush. His nomination would be an embrace of the past and that's not what we want America! We want to keep moving forward."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

"Fourth place, not bad, and I was shooting for fifth. (Chuckles). In all seriousness congratulation to Gov. Sandoval on a great victory here tonight, he certainly earned it and I look forward to the campaign to come. Now for us, we're not discouraged, we're fighters, champions and we're going to go onto New Hampshire and South Carolina and beyond, making our case because we are the ones who are championing the conservative message that will win back America from the failed clutches of liberalism."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »

Christie Schedule: Dec. 28-Jan 3. Campaigning in Iowa

"This state is the Live Free or Die State, this was the first colony to breakaway from England. New Hampshire is the state that the rest of nation looks to, and you'll do it once again. I'm asking for your vote and your confidence to forge a new beginning for the United States of the America."

Christie Schedule: January 4-6:

Jan. 4:
-Rally in Manchester NH with Gov. Lamontagne
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally in Kenne, NH
-Appearance on Hannity

Jan. 5:
-Rally in Goffstown, NH with Gov. Lamontagne and Gov. Scott Brown
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Conway, NH