2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73425 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« on: January 27, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »

August 22, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland

"Thank you all for coming. Now, there's been some rumours that I am planning to run for the Presidency. Well today, they are no longer rumours. Yes, today I am hearby announcing my run for Presidency. Obama's policies are working! Putting a Republican in charge will merely unsettle that. We saw what happened when Bill Clinton, a great leader, was replaced with George W. Bush, a dumbass. I hope to produce the same results I have with my jobs as the Mayor of Baltimore, and as the Governor of Maryland. I helped reduce the crime rate in Baltimore. I had a strong job as the head of the Democratic Governors Association. I gave compassion to everyone and anyone. If you want progress, then vote 1 Martin O'Malley in the primaries and hopefully in the general election!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »

Martin O'Malley's week:

14/9: Fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa.
15/9: Rally in Baltimore, Maryland.
16/9: Interview on MSNBC with Chuck Todd, interview on Chris Matthews' Hardball.
17/9: Rest day. Move to New Hampshire.
18/9: Meet & Greet at Concord, New Hampshire.
19/9: Townhall in Manchester, New Hampshire.
20/9: Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire. (rumoured to be about Obama's cap-and-trade bill)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »

Reporter: So, Governor O'Malley, will you support Obama's cap-and-trade bill?
O'Malley: Yes. These people opposing it don't know what they're talking about. How would you like it to be fried alive, get killed by a natural disaster, drown, or even freeze to death?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

Martin O'Malley - 9/29 to 10/5.

September 29: Appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" and "The Daily Show".
September 30: Rally in Manchester, NH.
October 1: Rally in Des Moines, IA.
October 2: Townhalls in Sioux City, IA and Council Bluffs, IA.
October 3: Rest day.
October 4: Book signing.
October 5: Fundraiser in Charleston, SC.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »

6/10: Rally in Ames, IA & Council Bluffs, IA.
7/10: Campaign in Iowa City, IA.
8/10: Speech about the Scalia replacement and National Service in Hanover, NH.
9/10: Town Hall meeting at Carroll, IA.
10/10: Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH.
11/10: Rally in Columbia, SC.
12/10: Interviews on "Meet the Press", "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report"
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »

13: Rally in Iowa City, IA.
14: Townhall in Buffalo, IA.
15-20 (will go on for the rest of October + the first half of November): "The Malleyway" tour - a 50-state tour to get votes, host rallies, meets and greets, etc. This week, we visit random locations in Maryland and New Hampshire.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:22:46 AM »

Martin O'Malley on the Antoin Scalia death and appointment....

Reporter: So, Governor O'Malley, what do you make of the appointment?
O'Malley: If the Republicans successfully filibuster a judicial appointment, then hopefully it will show them as what they are - unrepresentative swill. We didn't filibuster any of their Supreme Court appointments.....
Reporter: Would you put a litmus test into place on Supreme Court appointments?
O'Malley: No. We need to find the best legal minds possible if we want Supreme Court appointments.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »

1. Citizens United was the wrong ruling. The Supreme Court justices are so far into the pocket of big businesses it's not funny. Bush v. Gore was incorrect, and it was the reason why 2000-2008 was a wasted opportunity in politics. If I was to become President, I would not enforce a litmus test, and look for the best legal minds possible. I still imagine they'll be liberals though.
2. Better job incentives. However, is inflation that important?
3. Talk to the UN about the potential for war. After that, try and enforce economic sanctions on Iran so they can back down. We don't want another equivalent of WWIII.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:01 PM »

Martin O'Malley vents his spleen.....

"What the **** is going on in Congress. Pass the ****ing cap-and-trade bill you ****ers. Do you want your children to have dolphins on their doorsteps?"
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:30 AM »

Martin O'Malley is continuing his 50-state tour, ftr.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »

On Martin O'Malley's debate peformance....

"I think that people prefer politicians to be short and precise. Don't people still hate politicians and government?"
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:26 AM »

Martin O'Malley's attack speech in Concord, NH....

"Hello America. You may not know me, but this ad says that you'll vote for regardless. Why? I clearly think that I'm the best man for America. Look at my opponents. Andrew Cuomo's a DINO - yeah he may have passed a gay marriage bill in New York, but his economic record is in line with the likes of Christie, Rubio and Bush. Emanuel's been riding on Obama's back - we need someone with a legitimate political record - I've got more political experience in my pinky than his whole body. And what's worse, our front-runner, Kirsten Gillibrand, was anti gun-control and anti gay-rights when in the house - she was a member of the Blue Dogs. Yet when she became a Senator she flip-flopped to the left. Now, it's better than flip-flopping to the right, like Reagan did. However, can we trust her in office? What's to say that she'll move back to the right? Can you trust a woman with any integrity or principles?

And don't get me started on the Republicans. They wrecked the country under Reagan, they wrecked it under Bush Sr., they particularly wrecked it under Bush Jr. Yet we want to go back to them? Just look at the front-runner's last name, and that'll convince me that electing the Republicans is a BAD idea.

I prefer can-do to can't-do. I got elected with 90% of the vote as Mayor of Baltimore. I formed sensible solutions to fix Baltimore's various problems. Most people have sung very positive praises about my governorship in Maryland - I left office with a approval of 55% - which is pretty good given the circumstances. That's why, when you go into the voting box in 2 months time, you shall vote #1 Martin O'Malley."
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:20 AM »

Martin O'Malley withdraws from the race.
"Hello fellow Americans. I regret to announce to my remaining followers that I am withdrawing from my candidacy. I feel I cannot win the nomination with these numbers. I hope whoever wins the Presidency enacts the same common-sense solutions that I have proposed during my elective experience, but it's time to move on. For this, I shall endorse Senator Claire McCaskill for the nomination of the Democratic Party!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies