2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73413 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: January 26, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

July 10th, 2015, Steps of the New York Statehouse in Albany, NY

Thank you. I'm humbled to see the crowd gathered here today. It has been my honor to serve as Governor of the great state of New York for the last five years. It hasn't always been smooth, but we took a state where politics was synonymous with dysfunction for so long, and thanks to the efforts of both Democrats and Republicans working together, we have put it back on track!

We began the long process of reforming New York's tax structure. We instituted much needed changes to our education system, to better serve our children. We became the largest state ever to pass a Marriage Equality Law. We worked to bring jobs back to New York, and I am happy to say that unemployment in New York is now at its lowest point of the decade!

But I believe there is more work to be done. It has not been an easy few years in Washington D.C. Our government is torn by partisan rancor like never before. Too often, we see our elected Representatives talking past each other rather than to each other. And a house divided cannot stand. We need leadership that will approach this nation's challenges with an open mind, rather than empty partisanship.

We face unprecedented challenges today as a nation, as well as unprecedented opportunities. It is time for a change in Washington. It is time to turn away from anger and work together to make this a better nation and a better world, for us and for our children. And so I stand before you today, to declare that I am a candidate for President of the United States of America. And with your help, I believe that we can face those challenges, and take those opportunities, and emerge stronger as a nation!

Thank you.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for September 14-20, 2015

September 14th: Durham, New Hampshire - Speaking Engagement at the University of New Hampshire

"I've heard from lots of young people that it's getting harder and harder to get an education. Tuition is going up, and financial aid is harder to come by. That's why, in New York, I have worked tirelessly to increase financial aid opportunities. And with your help, and the help of young people like you around the country, I'm hoping to head to Washington, DC and do the same thing there!"

Septmber 15th: Concord, New Hampshire - Meet and Greet/Fundraiser at the Barley House Restaurant

"It's great to be here in the Liberty State. I've always admired New Hampshire, and their tireless dedication to individual freedom. That's why I made the fight for marriage equality a core part of my first term."

September 16th: New York, New York - Large-scale fundraiser at Sheraton Towers Hotel in Midtown

"I know we've got some big money in the room here tonight. I've always believed that we can't grow the economy if we treat the wealthy as our enemy. As President, I will work to create a fairer tax system, without punitive taxes on success, but also without the loopholes that allow corporations to escape paying a fair share. And there is no bigger priority than bringing jobs back to the US. So one of my first priorities will be to provide increased incentives for those corporations that employ Americans!" 

September 17th: Iowa City, Iowa - Speaking engagement at the University of Iowa

"Wow! Look at this crowd here today! It's almost 8 years ago that a group of young people just like you helped make a Senator from Illinois the next President. And with your help, we can make lightning strike twice!"

September 18th: Detroit, Michigan - Campaign rally at General Motors plant

"One of this administration's greatest accomplishments has been the way they refused to let America's proud Auto industry die. President Obama fought for the city of Detroit, and I will keep that fight up! If you send me to Washington, I will make bringing jobs back to Detroit - and all of this nation's manufacturing capitals - my top priority!"

September 19th: Las Vegas, Nevada - Speaking Engagement at Latin Chamber of Commerce

"There is need for a new dialogue in this country on Immigration Reform. The system we have simply isn't working. We're not going to deport 11 million men, women, and children. That kind of rhetoric simply isn't helpful! But neither are those who dig in their heels and refuse to accept anything but a perfect solution. As President, I will work to create a probationary path to citizenship for those undocumented immigrants who have abided by our laws since their arrival."

September 20th: Appearance on Fox News Sunday

"I'm sure a lot of my fellow Democrats are wondering why I would pick Fox News for the first interview of my campaign. It's because I don't just want to reach Democrats. One of the best parts of being Governor of New York has been reaching across the aisle, and finding common ground with Republicans. And that's what I want to do here today. I know there's a lot of Americans, both Democrat and Republican, who are frustrated out there. I'm hoping to offer real solutions, not partisan politics. And if that sounds good to you, we'd love to have your help - no matter what your party affiliation is."

Having made stops in New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, and Michigan in their first week, the Cuomo campaign gears up for a trip down south in week two...
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 02:09:57 PM by Ray Goldfield »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for 9/21-9/27, 2015

9/21 - Meet and Greet at Tommy's Country Ham House in Greenville, South Carolina

"It's easy for Senator McCaskill to take shots at my record. She comes from the Washington bubble, where making speeches about how only the perfect will do is how you make a name for yourself. But for the last five years in New York, I've been working on real solutions to real problems. We've gotten a divided state government to work together like never before, and we've helped a lot of people. I think the people of South Carolina will appreciate that!"

9/22 - Speaking Engagement at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina

"There's no doubt there are going to need to be some hard cuts made to balance our country's budget. But the one thing we cannot allow in the name of budget cuts is to allow our military to become anything but the premiere fighting force in the world! As President, I will work to eliminate waste in the military's budget, but I will never sacrifice our strength!"

9/23 - Speaking Engagement and Fundraiser at Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County

"I've spoken to a lot of Jewish friends, including my fellow elected officials, who are worried about the direction President Obama has taken the Middle East Peace Process. Now, I know President Obama, and I know that he deeply cares for Israel, and he's done a lot to secure its safety, such as his successful, peaceful disarming of Iran's nuclear program. And I stand before you today to say I will absolutely continue his efforts! I understand that Israel remains a nation under siege, and as President, I will support our ally's efforts to end terrorism and secure the safety of its citizens. Like Israel's leadership, I pray for peace. But peace cannot be had while one side continues shooting rockets at school buses!"

9/24 - Meet and Greet in Pembroke Pines, Florida senior center.

"I can promise you this - If I am elected President, no one who is currently receiving Social Security or Medicare will see any changes in their benefits. There are real issues that need to be resolved within the system, but unlike the Republican candidates, I have no desire to see that surgery performed with a sledgehammer!"

9/25 - Speaking Engagement at the University of Florida in Gainesville

"This is one of the most advanced scientific research universities in the country. And as President, I will make funding that research a priority! I believe that the path to energy independence is in sight for the United States of America. Taxes on inefficient products aren't going to get us there if the alternatives aren't up to par. And I can think of no greater priority for this country than to make sure we are at the forefront of research for alternative energy!"

9/26 - Bus tour in Fairfield, Iowa, ending at the Red Rock Tavern

"It's great to be here in Fairfield. This town is what America is all about. A small town of just under 10,000 people, and it's become one of the start-up capitals of America! That spirit of Entrepreneurship is something I want to harness and help to grow towns around the country just like this one. As President, one of my economic priorities will be to incentivize small business loans. Sometimes, the smallest boost can help someone get off the ground floor and build something amazing!"

9/27 - Appearance on Meet the Press

"There's a lot of great ideas coming out of the candidates in the race. I love how competitive it is already, on both sides. I think that can only help get people talking about the issues. This is a pipe dream of mine, but I'd love to get all of us - Democrat, Republican, and Independent - in one room for a debate."
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 05:11:08 PM by Ray Goldfield »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for 9/29 - 10/5

9/29 - Speech on Energy Policy at Grand Coulee Dam in Washington State

"I know we need more sources of domestic energy production. We can't allow foreign powers to dictate our energy supply. But I refuse to accept that our future lies in mining our most beautiful natural treasures for the last scraps of natural gas under them! I believe our future lies in wind and electric power, as well as safe, secure oil production that does not endanger people or our environment!"

9/30 - Fundraiser at Bellagio Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada

"I do support legalized gaming. I was instrumental in bringing it to New York, and I have no intention of running away from this. The Las Vegas gaming industry is an economic powerhouse, and like all industries, it has its good and bad. But prohibition does not work, plain and simple. As President, I will not support anti-gambling regulations, and I will leave those decisions in the hands they belong in - the individual states."

10/1 - Speaking engagement at New York State Bar Association, Albany, New York

"The President's going to have to make a pretty big decision soon. In the wake of the tragic death of Justice Scalia, this nomination is going to tilt the balance of the court. And I know a lot of Republicans are gearing up for a big fight. I'd love to see a pick that both sides could agree on, honestly. There are a lot of talented, brilliant judges out there who have managed to be brilliant legal scholars without becoming politicized."

10/2 - Rally at the University of South Carolina in Columbia

"I think Mayor Emanuel is a good man, and I think his heart is in the right place. But no, I do not support his call for mandatory national service. I think that the greatest thing we have in this country is our freedom of choice. I look out today at this crowd, and I see countless young people who are motivated to go out and help their country. And I want you to follow your passion, not be forced into it. Whether it's the private sector, the public sector, or both, all I ask of you is that you go out there with the passion to do good in your own way."

10/3 - Town Hall meeting in Concord, New Hampshire

10/4 - Town Hall Meeting in Des Moines, Iowa

10/5 - Appearance on CBS Sunday Morning
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 06:18:19 PM by Ray Goldfield »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for 10/5 - 10/11

10/5 - Large Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

"As part of my commitment to alternative energy research, as President I will support the continuation of Ethanol studies, both corn and other sources. But I don't feel like Iowa corn should be tied to the success or failure of one product. My administration will do its best combat hunger around the world as well as at home, and the Iowa farm industry, as well as the agricultural industries of our other farming states, will be a big part of that effort!"

10/6 - Touring ConAgra Food Plant in Waterloo, Iowa

"I don't want my support for regulation to be construed for mistrust of American industry. I think it's been proven that American-made products are held to a standard that's unsurpassed, and I want that to continue. When you see an American-produced item that comes out of a plant just like this one, you know it's a quality product. And that stamp - "Approved" - that means something."

10/7 - Speaking engagement at GLAAD's Iowa chapter

"Iowa and New York aren't too different, really. They're two of the states that have accepted the idea that two people who love each other should be able to get married, regardless of gender. Marriage equality was a hard fight back home, but history was on our side, and we prevailed. But the fight isn't over yet! The fight isn't over so long as young men and women are being bullied to suicide simply for who they are. The fight isn't over so long as people's rights are still being taken away by public vote. So I'm not afraid to say I stand with you! As Governor, I have never stopped fighting for equality. And as President, I will never stop fighting for equality!"

10/8 - Speaking engagement at Southeastern Iowa Sportsman Society in Douds, Iowa

"I won't run away from the fact that I have supported gun regulations in my time as Governor. I know that might not make me the most popular guy in the room right now, but keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals will always be one of my top priorities. At the same time, I have supported reforming New York's gun laws to keep them from ensnaring law-abiding citizens who have brought licensed guns into our state. Guns belong in the hands of sportsmen like you, and in the hands of people defending their homes. Not on our streets, in Iowa or New York."

10/9 - Rally in Lansing, Michigan

"In 1846, Michigan became the first state to abolish the Death Penalty. Now, almost 170 years later, it's time for the United States of America to follow suit. It's an antiquated institution that most of the world has left behind, but more importantly - it doesn't work. It costs more to execute someone than to put them in prison for life, and that's because of the lengthy appeals process that we need to make sure that we're never executing the wrong person. And before my opponents accuse me of being soft on crime, what we need is a revision of sentencing guidelines to make sure that the worst of the worst are never released from prison! Let's take the death penalty off the table, and make sure that those who deserve life in prison, serve life in prison!"

10/10 - Meet and Greet at Martha's Exchange Restaurant in Nashua, New Hampshire

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming out! I'm humbled by the amount of support New Hampshire has shown us this early in the  election season. I know the people of New Hampshire want real solutions, not empty rhetoric, and that's what I intend to deliver!"

10/11 - Day off with family in New York
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Debate Responses

1. There's no question in my mind that the most damaging Supreme Court decision in recent years has been Kelo vs. New London. Now, I'm not an opponent of eminent domain. It's a necessary power granted to the Government by the US constitution. Sometimes it's needed to help build critical infrastructure, or to combat urban blight. But what the founders never intended it to be used for was for confiscating the property of ordinary citizens so it could be handed over to hungry corporations and used for profit! Kelo vs. New London was a gross overreach that drastically weakened property rights. And it was decided by the opposite side as those who ruled in the majority on Citizens United! These are two rulings that opened the door to corruption and abuse of power in our political system. It's time to revisit both Eminent Domain laws and McCain-Feingold to ensure that the power of unchecked money is restrained. I don't want to reverse the old principle of Corporate personhood, but if corporations are people, they should be governed by the same laws as you or me. As for my choice if I had to appoint someone to the Bench, I would be looking for a judge who had demonstrated a good grasp of the law over a long judicial career. I'd look for experience. As Attorney General and Governor, I've had the pleasure of working with some brilliant judges who ruled on cases without the slightest hint of bias. That's what we need on the Supreme Court. Brilliant legal minds, not politicians.

2. There's no question that Inflation is having a real impact on this country. I see it, when everyday, hard-working families are finding it harder and harder to make ends meet. First up, I believe that it's important for us to respond to this by making sure people have the money to feed their families. That's why as Governor, I supported bills to raise the minimum wage. Beyond that, I agree that it's time to raise the interest rates. We need to proceed with caution, of course, but the economy can handle this necessary correction. The big banks have a lot more room for error than those people living paycheck to paycheck do. That's why I intend to put them first.

3. My first priority as President would be to protect our soldiers in harm's way, of course. But after that, I would offer help to our allies. I'm not going to commit our troops to a foreign conflict without careful consideration, but I will not allow Iran to terrorize the free world. If India needs help - be it air support, or military supplies - the US government will provide it. This goes for any ally of the United States who Iran attacks. And if Iran chooses to declare war on the world at large - by closing the Strait of Hormuz, for instance - the United States will join with our allies to ensure that the world economy is not disrupted. Like every President, I would pray for peace. But the choice of peace or war is often not in our hands, but in the hands of those who would challenge our way of life.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for October 13-19

10/13 - Campaign rally in Cedar Falls, Iowa
10/14 - Town Hall meeting in Ames, Iowa
10/15 - Participating in 4K - Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research, in New York
10/16 - Meeting with College Democrats at University of Iowa
10/17 - Town Hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire
10/18 - Tour of a New Hampshire Machinery plan, to advocate for bringing more jobs back to America
10/19 - Fundraising dinner at William Tell Inn in Laconia, New Hampshire

$3 million ad buys kick off in Iowa and New Hampshire this week, thanks to good fundraising numbers.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

Excerpts from Governor Andrew Cuomo's Special Press Conference on the India/Iran Conflict

I know campaigning isn't the first thing on everyone's mind today, but politics do march on. However, some things are above politics. A good friend of the United States, the Republic of India, is in the beginning of what could be a prolonged conflict with Iran. I, like all Americans, am praying for peace. But if the security of India is threatened, I know they will do what is needed. And I know that this nation will assist them in that struggle if needed. We are all hoping for a speedy resolution to this conflict, but there is the chance that this crisis will be inherited by one of the candidates who is running to succeed President Obama. I know this President, and I know that he will never commit our troops to a conflict without the most careful consideration. But I also know that he will not stand idly by while an ally is threatened. This is a time to trust in our President, and present a united front as a nation.

Governor Cuomo's Campaign schedule for 10/20-10/26

10/20 - Press conference on Iran/India Conflict in Albany, New York

10/21 - Big-ticket Fundraiser at Kutsher's Restaurant in Tribeca, speech on Mideast Policy

10/22 - Speech on Environmental Policy at Sierra Club branch in Des Moines, Iowa

10/23 - Bus Tour of Iowa's farm country, ending with a rally in Odebolt, Iowa

10/24 - Speech on Unemployment rate and jobs program in Reno, Nevada.

10/25 - Rally in Richmond, Virginia, with a focus on ending corruption in DC.

10/26 - Speech on Education policy in Manchester, New Hampshire, in support of competitive funds for school improvement.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Schedule for 10/28 - 11/2

10/27 - A town-hall meeting geared towards students (although admission is open) at the University of New Hampshire

10/28 - At a rally in Charleston, South Carolina, Governor Cuomo announces a listening tour to areas of the US that are hard-hit by unemployment and the flight of industry from the country.

10/29 - Listening Tour of Flint, Michigan, to discuss the state of the auto industry and plans for a federal tax rebate for American-made cars.

10/30 - Rally in Los Angeles, California with a focus on job creation, hiring incentives for corporations, increasing financial aid for college, and funding career counseling in high school and college.

"There's a lot of people out there who are saying Government is the enemy. Well, that's not the case. We don't need less government, what we need is smart government. We need to cut out redundancies, save money, and put that money where it's needed. And I can't think of any better place than in helping equip our high school and college graduates to find jobs!"

10/31 - Return to Albany for Halloween festivities, day off with family

11/1 - Town hall meeting in Ames, Iowa

11/2 - Appearance on Meet the Press, discussing education and economic proposals.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »

Governor Cuomo's Statement on the end of his campaign:

"I'd like to thank all of my supporters for joining me and my family on this journey. Running for President is an amazing experience, and I wouldn't trade these last few months for anything. However, I don't feel like I can devote myself to this campaign fully while there's still so much work to do in New York. I intend to return to Albany and finish the job that I was elected to do. I wish the best of luck to Senator Gillibrand, Senator McCaskill, and Governor O'Malley. I will not be making an endorsement at this time, and instead letting these worthy candidates show why they should be the next President. Thank you.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 05:32:29 PM »

Great timeline so far but to be honest, Sandoval even though he would make a great pick for the GOP nod would not be able to make it out of the primary in the current GOP political climate. He is a pro-choice Governor who just extended tax rates and isn't going for education cuts in NV. Also he is firmly against Yucca since 2010 and was instrumental in having the project shut down especially after EnSec Chu shot it down in 2009 on the federal side. So on abortion, environmentalism, and govt reform he is a moderate to liberal Republican. There's literally no way he defeats Rubio in a GOP primary.

My 2c.

Yeah, I don't think Gillibrand has much of a chance to win the nomination either. Cuomo would pretty much close off a lot of her chances, and I doubt she'd run against him. But this is a game, and it's totally determined by how much effort the players put into their pick, and these two players really deserve to be here. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies