Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 10:41:23 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 13611 times)
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:56 am »
Ignore

I do, but I think it would in the best interests of the Party if I were to stand aside.

IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix
E: 8.71, S: 4.78

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2012, 11:55:40 am »
Ignore

I'm running for Chair then. Any other candidates?
Also, I would like to see Clarence as Vice-Chair, Simfan as Northeast Chair, ZuWo as Mideast chair, Master Sanders as IDS Chair, realisticidealist as Pacific chair.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2012, 11:58:45 am »
Ignore

Shall we have a vote on the Chair of the Party? Pingvin is the only interested candidate.
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00:42 pm »
Ignore

I vote for Pingvin as Chair and nominate ZuWo as Vice Chair
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2012, 12:21:08 pm »
Ignore

I vote for Pingvin as Chair and nominate ZuWo as Vice Chair

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
Ignore

I think it's about time for the party to vote on the platform, the bylaws and the Chair/Vice Chair. Regarding the bylaws, here's the bylaws TJ drafted for the "Right to Life Caucus":

Membership
1.   In accordance with the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act, all members registered with the RG shall be granted membership in the Right to Life Caucus.
2.   For registered members, the caucus’s endorsement will appear on the ballot as per Atlasian Law.
3.   Additional citizens who are barred from recognized membership under Atlasian Law may request to join the Right to Life Caucus and be granted “honorary membership”.
4.   Honorary members will be afforded the same rights and privaliges within the caucus as registered members.
5.   Honorary members will be afforded the caucus’s endorsement without a vote.
6.   A member, either registered or honorary, may be expelled from the caucus by a majority vote if that person behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the caucus.
Leadership
1.   The caucus leadership shall consist of two offices: chairman and vice chairman.
2.   The chairman is the executive leader of the caucus, chief spokesman, and presides over the caucus convention.
3.   The chairman and vice chairman will be elected every four months by public IRV votes within the thread of the caucus thread. The chairman and vice chairman elections shall occur in April, August, and December.
4.   The vice chairman assists the chairman in providing executive leadership. The vice-chairman becomes chairman in the event of a vacancy.
5.   The chairman and vice chairman must be members of the caucus, either registered or honorary.
Convention
1.   A convention will be called by the chairman one week before every regularly scheduled federal election.
2.   At a convention, members may propose amendments to the bylaws and platform. These amendments are adopted if they pass with a majority vote.
3.   Candidates not in the caucus may petition for the caucus’s endorsement for an upcoming election. Members of the caucus also may move to endorse candidates. Members, whether registered or honorary, are automatically granted endorsement, but all other endorsements must pass by a majority vote.
4.   A member of the caucus may call a vote of no confidence in the leadership of either the chairman or vice chairman. If the vote receives a majority, an election is held to fill the executive office in question.

We should amend these bylaws to a certain extent, but I think it serves as a good model for our party bylaws.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »
Ignore

Here's a suggestion for our party bylaws (I removed the "honorary member" clauses from the draft and replaced the term "caucus" by "party"):

Membership

1.   All members registered with the RG shall be granted membership in the Whig Party.
2.   For registered members, the party’s endorsement will appear on the ballot as per Atlasian Law.
3.   A member may be expelled from the party by a majority vote if that person behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the party.

Leadership

1.   The party leadership shall consist of two offices: chairman and vice chairman.
2.   The chairman is the executive leader of the party, chief spokesman, and presides over the party convention.
3.   The chairman and vice chairman will be elected every four months by public IRV votes within the thread of the party. The chairman and vice chairman elections shall occur in April, August, and December.
4.   The vice chairman assists the chairman in providing executive leadership. The vice-chairman becomes chairman in the event of a vacancy.
5.   The chairman and vice chairman must be members of the party.

Convention

1.   A convention will be called by the chairman one week before every regularly scheduled federal election.
2.   At a convention, members may propose amendments to the bylaws and platform. These amendments are adopted if they pass with a majority vote.
3.   Candidates not in the party may petition for the party’s endorsement for an upcoming election. Members of the party also may move to endorse candidates. Members are automatically granted endorsement, but all other endorsements must pass by a majority vote.
4.   A member of the party may call a vote of no confidence in the leadership of either the chairman or vice chairman. If the vote receives a majority, an election is held to fill the executive office in question.

Comments?
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »
Ignore

I fully support this platform.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »
Ignore

I support this platform and second the nomination of Pingvin and ZuWo.

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »
Ignore

I also agree with this platform.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2012, 07:27:59 am »
Ignore

I have no formal authority to do that, but since the Whig Party should finally get a clear structure, I hereby call for a vote of the Chair and Vice Chair as well as the bylaws. If someone disagrees with my semi-legal activity, please complain. Wink I suggest the vote shall last for 5 days.

Chair:

[ ] Pingvin
[ ] Write-in: ____________________

Vice Chair:

[ ] ZuWo

Bylaws*:

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Membership

1.   All members registered with the RG shall be granted membership in the Whig Party.
2.   For registered members, the party’s endorsement will appear on the ballot as per Atlasian Law.
3.   A member may be expelled from the party by a majority vote if that person behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the party.

Leadership

1.   The party leadership shall consist of two offices: chairman and vice chairman.
2.   The chairman is the executive leader of the party, chief spokesman, and presides over the party convention.
3.   The chairman and vice chairman will be elected every four months by public IRV votes within the thread of the party. The chairman and vice chairman elections shall occur in April, August, and December.
4.   The vice chairman assists the chairman in providing executive leadership. The vice-chairman becomes chairman in the event of a vacancy.
5.   The chairman and vice chairman must be members of the party.

Convention

1.   A convention will be called by the chairman one week before every regularly scheduled federal election.
2.   At a convention, members may propose amendments to the bylaws and platform. These amendments are adopted if they pass with a majority vote.
3.   Candidates not in the party may petition for the party’s endorsement for an upcoming election. Members of the party also may move to endorse candidates. Members are automatically granted endorsement, but all other endorsements must pass by a majority vote.
4.   A member of the party may call a vote of no confidence in the leadership of either the chairman or vice chairman. If the vote receives a majority, an election is held to fill the executive office in question.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:06 am »
Ignore

Chair:

[1] Pingvin

Vice Chair:

[1] ZuWo

Bylaws*:

[1] Yes
[ ] No

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2012, 08:49:59 am »
Ignore

I also agree with this platform.
Hey bud, do me a favor and either check in with the legislature or resign.  Or at the very least respond to your PMs.

Your Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:57 am »
Ignore

Chair:

[1] Pingvin

Vice Chair:

[1] ZuWo

Bylaws*:

[1] Yes
[ ] No

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:59 am »
Ignore

Chair:

[X] Pingvin
[  ] Write-in: ____________________

Vice Chair:

[X] ZuWo
[  ] Write-in: ____________________

Bylaws*:

[X] Yes
[  ] No

clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:22 am »
Ignore

Pingvin

ZuWo

Yes
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »
Ignore

Chair:

[1] Pingvin

Vice Chair:

[1] ZuWo

Bylaws*:

[1] Yes
[ ] No

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 04:52:32 am »
Ignore

Voting has ended.

Pingvin has been elected Chair of the Whig Party.

ZuWo has been elected Vice Chair of the Whig Party.

The bylaws have been accepted.
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2012, 05:02:03 am »
Ignore

Thank You, Fellow Whigs!

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:07 am »
Ignore

Congrats, Pingvin. I am optimistic that despite your election our party is not going to plunge into fascism. Wink

I suggest we proceed now with a debate and, eventually, a vote on the party's platform.
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations you both-
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »
Ignore

We, the members of the Whig Party, desirous of the advancement of the state of Atlasia, our country, and the preservation of its society, believe:

-That the foundation of a democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society is the family and community.
-That we simultaneously re-affirm the idea of personal responsibility, aided via the community.
-That the greatest long-term crisis facing Atlasia today is the decline of social capital and community, which shall eventually come to harm that democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society we enjoy.
-That greatest power in the land is not the State, whether Federal or Regional, but instead the community and the individual.

-That the government is not the arbiter nor origin of economic growth, but rather a force than can and should be used to assisted the marketplace in its growth, in the interests of community and the nation.
-That the model of free and unrestricted two-way trade is the optimal model for trade between nations.
-That the government is, by nature, the power that can best provide certain resources and services to society.
-The government should regulate trade and industry to maximize social equity, while in a manner that does not impede the normal functioning of the economy.
-That welfare is meant to temporarily assist, not provide for, the people.

-That Atlasia must be mindful of its being the world's foremost power
-That military conflict, in general, is counter to the well-being of man and thus must be avoided unless necessary.
-That diplomacy, not warfare, is the cornerstone of foreign relations
-That multilateralism and collective security - a community of nations - is the best way to advance Atlasia's interests abroad.
-That the goals set out in foreign interventions must be achieved.

-That the maintenance of tradition is an integral part of society.
-That the concepts of "rights" and "entitlements" must be balanced by an awareness of responsibilities and obligations to others.
-That the life of all must be defended, and so both executions and abortion must be made rare.
-That the promotion of culture and science is an integral function of society and its organizations.

As a reminder, this is the platform Simfan has written. Please have a look at it and comment. Is there anything you aren't happy with here? Does anything have to be changed, corrected, specified etc.?
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:37 pm »
Ignore

I still object to the use of the term multilateralism- and I would like to propose the following line...

-That the military and its traditions are a fundamental aspect of our heritage and national identity
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »
Ignore

I have no objection to the line proposed by clarence.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »
Ignore

I think it might be problematic, if it implicitly rules out cutting the military to a smaller level. If we support small government the military should be cut as well.
At least we should agree on a defence policy first.
Maybe our respect could be directly connected to our veterans policy?

If Atlasia is supposed to be a virtual US this might be problematic but how about:
"We recognize the Judeo-Christian tradition as the primary moral foundation of our society and the positive role of religion should be acknowledged and respected by the government".

Where does the Whigs stand on climate change and alternative energy? I hope we are relatively progressive on this issue (otherwise I am in the wrong party Smiley ).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout