The Moderate Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:06:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Moderate Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Moderate Party  (Read 3519 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 29, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »

So what is the difference between you and the Liberal Party? 

A name. Join the Liberal Party! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

The Moderates seem to be to the right of the Liberals economically.

I don't reach that conclusion.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »

From what I can tell, there are those who have personal problems with members of the Liberal Party who are unwilling to man up and put them aside; and so want to join an identical party that does not have the person or persons they dislike.

Or, the three of us are cautious of joining a party that has grown so large over-night.  I may still join the party, but I'd like to see how the parties play out for a few days.  Of course, campaign donations and gifts (off the record, obviously) might convince me.  

I would make that nifty $500,000 donation, but I think I dropped the briefcase I was carrying it in somewhere in your office. Wink

But, is 13 members large? I don't think so.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »

From what I can tell, there are those who have personal problems with members of the Liberal Party who are unwilling to man up and put them aside; and so want to join an identical party that does not have the person or persons they dislike.

I can't speak for the others, but personality is never the only reason for a decision.  Cinci's rights, I hope we don't end up with two large parties.  As I have stated before, and as Bgwah has stated before, the ideal system would be a far left, far right, center right, center left, and maybe a libertarian party.  I see the Liberals as the center left and am hoping this party can be the center right.

Additionally, while the platform of the Liberals appears fairly centered, I feel it is a bit too to the left for me.  I was a former DAer and am alum of the Duke wing of the RPP, so while I am center on many issues, economically I am right.  Quite frankly, the Liberals do not seem to be a good fit for me.  This does and I hope it survives.

I'm afraid that will result in essentially the same old JCP vs RPP but with new names. Center left and left would work together and the center right and right would work together and we are left with the same thing we tried to move on from.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »

I think the POP is the larger Libertarian Party. Don't forget bgwah's Green Party, the ELF!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »

Not sure it was ever alive. Join the Liberal Party. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies