Mack shadows Gingrich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:09:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mack shadows Gingrich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mack shadows Gingrich  (Read 781 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »

His and Romney's in-state fates are tied, so keeping close is probably a good idea. Though personally I'm not a huge fan of this shadowing technique...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/72123.html
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »

A courageous man but he should not be going to Gingrich events and heckling him.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »

More disgusting tactics from the Romney campaign.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »

What some people will do for love or money... in this case money and lots of it.
Scabr
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 08:46:43 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 08:58:11 AM by Scabr »

The Washington masses coincidentally seem to be allying themselves with the so-called "conservative businessman" Romney over the "Washington Insider" Newt and also seem to go out of their way with disgusting tactics to shove Newt out of the way. Mack is trash, and is as part of the problem as his candidate is.

Connie Mack's judgement is historically unreliable anyway. He did support Crist the traitor over Marco Rubio after all.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »

The Washington masses coincidentally seem to be allying themselves with the so-called "conservative businessman" Romney over the "Washington Insider" Newt and also seem to go out of their way with disgusting tactics to shove Newt out of the way. Mack is trash, and is as part of the problem as his candidate is.

Connie Mack's judgement is historically unreliable anyway. He did support Crist the traitor over Marco Rubio after all.

Which isn't true. Mack supported Crist until Crist left the party, then Mack and the rest of the FL GOP establishment embraced Rubio. Mack didn't support Crist's independent bid.

Scabr
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

Which isn't true. Mack supported Crist until Crist left the party, then Mack and the rest of the FL GOP establishment embraced Rubio. Mack didn't support Crist's independent bid.

I never said Mack was behind Crist in the GE. I'm sorry if you got that impression. That still means that Mack supported the moderate establishment candidate even when he had an opprotunity to endorse an actual conservative. Mack was just like all of the other establishment wimps who only backed Rubio after their candidate gave up on the GOP.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »

I never said Mack was behind Crist in the GE. I'm sorry if you got that impression. That still means that Mack supported the moderate establishment candidate even when he had an opprotunity to endorse an actual conservative. Mack was just like all of the other establishment wimps who only backed Rubio after their candidate gave up on the GOP.

You said he supported a traitor. If Mack thought he would do that, he wouldn't have endorsed him to start with.

I hate the establishment also, but I find that base when acting erratically to be just as troublesome and counterproductive as actions of the establishment are. Therefore I prefer not to be an apologist for either  and prefer to take advantage of the situation to produce the best desire results across a wide field. Therefore, I don't go by vague generalities that can be taken advantage of or determined by the innaccurate media narratives.

Rubio was the best candidate between him and Crist in 2010. However, this isn't 2010 and I won't judge a candidate based on who they decided to support and the vague generalities regarding those endorsed persons. If you know or think you know someone, chances are you will support them based on that, which is a perspective we don't have in judging that decision. All I can say is that Mack's voting record is a conservative one, he is strong on several key issues that are important to me and I think that to judge him based on who he supported in a previous cycle, is a big mistake.

If I reject Christ Christie in 2016, it will be because of his positions on guns, immigration and other issues, not because he endorsed someone in the 2012 Presidential race.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »

More disgusting tactics from the Romney campaign.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies