The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:01:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion  (Read 8742 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 12:47:01 AM »

Being human is a function of God in your view. Without it, you have no emotions (other than loneliness I guess, which rather than hope, is what remains in Pandora's Box), even though other animals do. I get it.

Well, for the animal thing, I have no idea (the LDS Church is basically mute on animal-related theology besides the "don't eat too much meat guys" part of the Word of Wisdom), but you've got the basics of it.

And hey, I actually like the LDS version of the afterlife a lot; unlike in some "standard" versions of the afterlife, you don't go to hell if you weren't quite good enough, you only go to a slightly less awesome version of paradise. Even somewhat bad people aren't consigned to an eternal hell, only the worst of the worst go to anything close to it.
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »

Being human is a function of God in your view. Without it, you have no emotions (other than loneliness I guess, which rather than hope, is what remains in Pandora's Box), even though other animals do. I get it.

Well, for the animal thing, I have no idea (the LDS Church is basically mute on animal-related theology besides the "don't eat too much meat guys" part of the Word of Wisdom), but you've got the basics of it.

And hey, I actually like the LDS version of the afterlife a lot; unlike in some "standard" versions of the afterlife, you don't go to hell if you weren't quite good enough, you only go to a slightly less awesome version of paradise. Even somewhat bad people aren't consigned to an eternal hell, only the worst of the worst go to anything close to it.
Makes more sense than the mainstream Christian and Islamic version.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies