Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:32:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Cabinet Officers and Structure Bill  (Read 4458 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2005, 06:13:37 PM »

Peter Bell replied to you when you said that the first time:

Thats not true King, in fact I wired the bill so that it wouldn't breach the present line of succession; I'm absolutely flabbergasted that the AG hasn't stepped in to give his opinion on constitutionality as it generally is the place of the AG to do such things.

Ask him.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:23 PM »

Peter Bell replied to you when you said that the first time:

Thats not true King, in fact I wired the bill so that it wouldn't breach the present line of succession; I'm absolutely flabbergasted that the AG hasn't stepped in to give his opinion on constitutionality as it generally is the place of the AG to do such things.

Ask him.

Okay, okay. I GUESS saying what the departments act has in the Constitution makes it better...
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2005, 06:47:07 PM »

With PBrunsel's veto, I now open the floor to any senators who wish to call a vote to override the Presidential Veto.

(PS: Is there an official time limit for how long we have before a veto becomes official?  If not, there really should be... I'll make it a week.)

Can't you only call a veto overide without a 2/3rds majority?  If not ignoire me Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2005, 07:37:14 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2005, 07:42:20 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

With PBrunsel's veto, I now open the floor to any senators who wish to call a vote to override the Presidential Veto.

(PS: Is there an official time limit for how long we have before a veto becomes official?  If not, there really should be... I'll make it a week.)

Can't you only call a veto overide without a 2/3rds majority?  If not ignoire me Smiley

No, if I have it correctly, if the president vetoes something, a separate vote is called to override the veto; the veto is overridden if a two-thirds majority votes yea on that separate vote.

I may not have it correctly, however, given that I've gotten practically everything else wrong today, so feel free to correct me if I don't. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2005, 07:39:06 PM »

No, if I have it correctly, if the president vetoes something, a separate vote is called to override the veto; the veto is overridden if a two-thirds majority votes yea on that separate vote.

I may not have it correctly, however, given that I've gotten practically everythign else wrong today, so feel free to correct me if I don't. Smiley

That is correct Senator.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2005, 07:42:53 PM »

I may not have it correctly, however, given that I've gotten practically everythign else wrong today, so feel free to correct me if I don't. Smiley

That is correct Senator.

OMG YES!!!

Er, I mean...

Very good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies