Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 11:26:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 7358 times)
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:04:14 pm »
Ignore

With the current volatility, the Imperial Dominion of the South needs a party to represent its interests.  The United Imperial Front aims to do this.  United as one we are, in the face of federal meddling.  The plank of the party beyond that penultimate goal, is up to its members.

You hear that?  Southern boys, to the bureau!  Get a'regist'rin'!

By-Laws

Article I: Party officials and members

Section 1: Party Officials
A. Chairman of the Imperial Bloc shall be leader of the party and shall open and chair all party conventions unless this task is delegated by the Chairman to another party member.

B. Vice Chairman of the Imperial Bloc shall be deputy leader of the party. Vice Chairman shall assume the role of Acting Chairman in the absence of the Chairman. Vice Chairman is responsible for maintaining communication withing the party, maintaining a list of party members, and assisting the Chairman when needed.

Section 2: More Officials Related Stuff
A. All party officials shall be elected by members of the party during party conventions.

B. To be elected as a party official their must be at least one nomination made and have it seconded, followed by a vote by party members.

C. Votes for party officials shall last 24 hours and use first past the post becuase anything else is communist of the Kim Jung Il variety.

D. Party officials may be recalled if 1/4 of party members sign a petition for recall of that official(s) which shall immediately be followed by a special recall election lasting 36 hours and using first past the post for voting.

E. The term of each party official shall begin 24 hours following the end of the vote and shall end whenever the official resigns, retires, or is recalled.

F. If a party official leaves the party, or is absent from Atlasia for more than 30 days they shall be considered to have resigned their office and the Chairman shall appoint a replacement until the party's next convention where a vote for a replacement shall be held. If the resigned official is the Party Chairman, then the Vice-Chair will replace them.

Section 3:Party Members
A. In order to vote in party matters a member must have been registered in the party for at least 48 hours.

B. Members shall be removed from the party if 1/4 of the party members sign a petition and a vote is in which 2/3 of the party vote in favor of removal.

Article II: Party Activities

Section 1: Conventions
A. Each proper convention will take place in the months of February, April, June, August, October and December. These conventions will take place two weeks before the federal general election, and will end on the day of that month's federal general election.

B. Any discussion on Party Bylaws and amendments to them shall take place during a convention.

C. Emergency Conventions can be held at the Chairman's discretion.

D. All recall elections shall be held during emergency conventions.

Article III: Atlasian Elections

Section 1: General Elections
A. In the event of multiple party members declaring their candidacy for an office that does not elect multiple people, there shall be a primary election. The voting method in the primaries shall be first past the post. The winner shall receive the automatic endorsement of the party for that office.

B. The Party Chairman shall then notify the SoFE that the winner of the primary shall appear as the official Imperial Bloc candidate and that if the others refuse to drop out after the primary they shall be considered as "Independent" on the ballot.

Section 2: Cross Endorsements
A. The Imperial Bloc may choose by majority vote to cross-endorse candidates from other parties running for federal offices, assuming no Imperial Bloc candidate is already in the race.

B. Should there be no Imperial Bloc candidate running, the endorsed candidate(s) shall appear under the Imperial Bloc ballot line.

C. The Party Chairman shall inform the SoFE which candidates of other parties shall appear under the Imperial Bloc ballot line.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:01:40 pm by Yelnoc »Logged

Goodbye
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:07:55 pm »
Ignore

You should caucus with the Whigs

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:13:26 pm »
Ignore

With the current volatility, the Imperial Dominion of the South needs a party to represent its interests.  The United Imperial Front aims to do this.  United as one we are, in the face of federal meddling.  The plank of the party beyond that penultimate goal, is up to its members.

You hear that?  Southern boys, to the bureau!  Get a'regist'rin'!

Why do you want to establish a one-party system in your region for the sake of having a one-party system?

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »
Ignore

Why do you want to establish a one-party system in your region for the sake of having a one-party system?
It isn't my region.  The IDS has a long, storied tradition, with a unique identity and values.  None of the "ideological" (in quotes because only one of the recently founded parties seems to have a coherent ideology) parties, which are crafted to be maximally competitive nationally, can ever truly represent this region.

Goodbye
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 4.91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
Ignore

I'm sure the Whigs/Communitarians can represent the South's interests well. You'd be a great fit for us!

"Dictator Paul Kagame was busy fornicating, embezzling funds, eating sausages and drinking yogurt."

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »
Ignore

But I'm sure the Individual Freedom Party could also represent the Southern base...the Emperor of the IDS is a member of the IFP...Wink

Also, it's so R-Money to unabashedly ruin a thousand dollar suit with ice water and laugh about it.
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:36 pm »
Ignore

Your logo looks like a gathering of communist immigrants. My idea would be to form an alliance with your group, so as you have autonomy in regional and senate matters, but have a good hand in Presidential elections with the advantage of being allied with a national party who would, in turn, owe the south.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »
Ignore

Your logo looks like a gathering of communist immigrants. My idea would be to form an alliance with your group, so as you have autonomy in regional and senate matters, but have a good hand in Presidential elections with the advantage of being allied with a national party who would, in turn, owe the south.
Communist immigrants?  What makes you think that?

Goodbye
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »
Ignore

I'm tired of all this fusion nonsense. The only person a good Southerner can trust is another good Southerner! It is the duty of the IDS to be completely self-sufficient from the interest of partisan politics, and thus the only choice for the Imperial people!

Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any kind of democratic government.- Robert Taft
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »
Ignore

Heh, our logo looks like a gathering of hippy happy communist immigrants! As the CPA is composed of the regional branches, the Southern Communitarian Party would be totally be able to serve the interests of the south.

"Dictator Paul Kagame was busy fornicating, embezzling funds, eating sausages and drinking yogurt."

two glass houses, twenty stones
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 04:00:13 am »
Ignore

I'm not opposed to regional parties, but we must build a strong Whig-UIF alliance.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:37 am »
Ignore

I'm not opposed to regional parties, but we must build a strong Whig-UIF alliance.

Absolutely

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:14 pm »
Ignore

Welcome Jbrase to the UIF!  We are one member away from official party status!  Come on southerners, you know you want in.  All of the other parties are boring national parties, intent on "winning the game" like countries tend to blob across the map...

...yeah, if you don't play Paradox games, you probably don't get the reference.  No matter!  Join the Imperial Front, break the monotony!

Goodbye
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:32:54 pm »
Ignore

Will you annex non-contiguous provinces? Because that'll make you an HP.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 10:40:45 pm »
Ignore

Will you annex non-contiguous provinces? Because that'll make you an HP.
Lolno.  We're a regional party.  Our borders will be, by far, the cleanest.  I imagine you folk up north will be a balkanized mess. Tongue

Goodbye
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »
Ignore

I propose the name become The Imperial Bloc

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:48 am »
Ignore

A possible motto for the party:

Südland über alles!

Tongue

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 04:40:31 am »
Ignore

I'd love if this party only allowed southern members, that'd be so kickass.

Better yet if you pulled a german CDU/CSU and formed an alliance with a party that allowed no southern members.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:03 am »
Ignore

Jbrase and I would be thrilled to receive an endorsement for the upcoming presidential elections from the UIF! If you have any questions about our views, please ask.
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »
Ignore

I would be thrilled to receive an endorsement from all of my fellow UIF'ers for the IDS Legislature. Smiley
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »
Ignore

Also, I propose that we each create a personal list of  issues, rank them by importance, from:

"A"-very important
"B" somewhat important
"C"- not important

With the rule being, a maximum of 4 issues can be "very important", and a minimum of 2 are "not important"

This is just me brainstorming some ideas for how to go about writing our platform, feel free to respond/critique this. Smiley
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:49 pm »
Ignore

I propose the name become The Imperial Bloc

I propose it become the Imperial Southern Alliance.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 07:52:41 pm »
Ignore

Well first I suppose we should elect an interim chairman for the party to lead us through the early stuff. I nominate Yelnoc.

Because there are no by-laws yet to say otherwise, I also say that Yelnoc has 5 minutes from this being posted to decline before I open a vote on him being the chairman. Grin

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »
Ignore

Good ideas, PR (and yes, of course we would endorse a fellow party member).

Jbrase, if you insist. Tongue  It probably would be a good idea for me to "run the show" until we have working by-laws in place, just to prevent confusion.

Goodbye
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 08:02:08 pm »
Ignore

5 minutes have passed. As former Emperor, thus ranking member Tongue I hereby open the following vote:

Interim Chairman:
[ ] Yelnoc
[ ] write-in:

You must be a member to vote, and voting ends when I feel like it. Cool
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:05:41 pm by Jbrase »Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout