Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:58:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 20941 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »

Welcome one, welcome all to Tampa Bay!  Now on to other business...

You know what, I'll just post this before The Atlas crashes again.

*EDIT LATER*
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »

So our agenda is basically signing in, speech-giving, endorsements, and platform-making? Anything else we need to get done?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »

I think we should move things to a separate convention thread
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

I think we should move things to a separate convention thread
Ok.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »

Since everyone else is doing it, maybe we should discuss the Tweed suit as well. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2012, 11:47:16 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Is it of any concern to the IDS?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate y'all's endorsement.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

Well if the federal government were to fall, the IDS would stand ready to reap the benefits of its demise.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

Well if the federal government were to fall, the IDS would stand ready to reap the benefits of its demise.

But the federal government won't fall if Tweed succeeds. All that happens is either Napoleon or Tweed gets the Presidency. It's Bush v. Gore-level stuff, not downfall of Atlasia-type.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.

Though if Tweed won his suit, the federal government would be completely delegitimized, as the Supreme Court would establish its prerogative to annoint its chosen candidate (as it happens, the most left-wing candidate) winner.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »

Though if Tweed won his suit, the federal government would be completely delegitimized, as the Supreme Court would establish its prerogative to annoint its chosen candidate (as it happens, the most left-wing candidate) winner.

Only the Court would be delegitmized.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

Only the Court would be delegitmized.

The government installed by the Court would be dandy, I assume? Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »

The Court has no power to "install" a Government; they will not be allowed to usurp this power from the people.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

Tweed's more akin to a far-right candidate than the most left-wing, I think.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

I would like to invite your chair to join the Tripartite Commission.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »

The Court has no power to "install" a Government; they will not be allowed to usurp this power from the people.

Even so, if Tweed were to win, I think getting him out would technically still require a coup d'etat, or at least an impeachment.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »

I hereby resign as chairman of this party.  Though it's been fun, it's time for me to move on from Atlasia.  Vice Chairman Jbrase will serve as acting Chair until the next convention.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »

It is a sad development to see our fearless leader abdicate his position. Today we lose a great chairman and a great speaker of the Imperial House of Representatives. But I shall tell you what have not lost. We have not lost our drive to improve the South. we have not lost our desire to see the Imperial Dominion of the South continue to live up to its potential to be the greatest of all the regions. We have not lost the fire inside that makes us fight onward.

As always seems to be the case when I am placed in a position of leadership I cannot help but feel that this chairmanship should be in more capable hands, a better leader. But so long as I am in command I promise to strive to move this party forward, to move the South forward, and in doing so all of Atlasia. As is my role to guide the party it is the role of all of you to make it to the voting booths, to re-frame the debates, to fill the legislatures, and to make the Bloc an example to all of what a truly great party is. I will my part, and I have faith you shall all do yours.

------

My first act as Chairman of the Imperial Bloc shall be to appoint a second in command.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I appoint SJoyceFla as the new Vice Chairman.

Thank you all and Nym bless.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »

Congratulations to both Chairman and Vice Chairman Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

I accept the appointment.

Thanks for the new job!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »

Best of luck to you in the future, Yelnoc. I wish I could have had the chance to work with you a bit more. You've got a distinguished career and should be very proud--an all-around awesome role model.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »

Best of luck to you in the future, Yelnoc. I wish I could have had the chance to work with you a bit more. You've got a distinguished career and should be very proud--an all-around awesome role model.
Thanks, Hagrid! 

Good luck to the new Chair and Vice Chair.  I cannot in good conscious stay on the roles as a zombie voter, but don't let the membership drop discourage you.  Keep fighting the good fight and who knows; maybe next year when my life is a bit more settled, I might return.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »

If it's not too early, I'd like to motion that we endorse "Anybody but Seatown" in the August Senate elections (we can endorse more specifically once the candidates are set, of course). My case is below:

I agree, that is quite unjust, the founding fathers should have never compromised with the devil(South, not the British).

He referred to us as the Devil. I doubt he works for our interests or shall anytime in the near future.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

Hold up guys. He was referring to the American South, not the Atlasian South. And even then he was reffering the the slavery days, so lets not hold this against him. Although We should advise him to watch what he says when referring to our glorious region.

Your fearless leader has spoken.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies